Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Any idea when teleport is going to be fix?I have hatchies to trade and can't.

Please take it to the designated report thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=177457 or if it's a different issue, create a new thread for it.

I hadn't seen any posts recently, so I figured it was fixed with the rest of the issues. I'll go test for myself and then send in a report.

EDIT: Could you also please describe what the issue is? I just created a transfer and a trade just fine.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm curious here: why are Almandine and Spessartine Pyralspites considered rare while Pyropes are not?

Maybe it's just my own personal experience, but in the time frame I caught three CB Almandines and six CB Spessartines, I've seen one Pyrope in the Volcano. Just seems a little odd to me when they all seem like they have the same rarity, but two are treated as rares when trading and the other isn't.

I'm curious here: why are Almandine and Spessartine Pyralspites considered rare while Pyropes are not?

There was a time (relatively soon after the release, iirc) when Almandines and Spessartines were almost impossible to find in the cave, and at the same time Pyropes were relatively common.

I don't know why this happened, but it definitely did. (I think one theory was that many players clicked the biomes from left to right and therefore the Alpine and Coast breeds would be grabbed first. Doesn't sound 100% convincing to me, but I don't have a better theory.)

The current Pyralspite situation is different, but I guess it takes a while for a breed's "reputation" to adjust to new circumstances.

There was a time (relatively soon after the release, iirc) when Almandines and Spessartines were almost impossible to find in the cave, and at the same time Pyropes were relatively common.

I don't know why this happened, but it definitely did. (I think one theory was that many players clicked the biomes from left to right and therefore the Alpine and Coast breeds would be grabbed first. Doesn't sound 100% convincing to me, but I don't have a better theory.)

The current Pyralspite situation is different, but I guess it takes a while for a breed's "reputation" to adjust to new circumstances.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Thanks!

I thought it was due to all of them being counted as one breed. Due to the volcano having few breeds and a somewhat better rotation, pyros are more common than the other breeds.

I swear there was a place to leave feedback for the mobile site, but now I can't find it...if anyone could give me a hand that would be fabulous.

That's what I was thinking of, but I guess I need forum feedback instead (I can't find that either) since I want to discuss the way my phone treats the forum. I guess I don't know how to use the search function properly, I even entered Feedback into the key words and it gave me everything but what I was looking for.

That's what I was thinking of, but I guess I need forum feedback instead (I can't find that either) since I want to discuss the way my phone treats the forum. I guess I don't know how to use the search function properly, I even entered Feedback into the key words and it gave me everything but what I was looking for.

Make sure to make use of extra characters. For example, if you search with "forum feedback" or for +forum +feedback (utilizing quotations marks means the forum will only search for "forum feedback" as a whole phrase together; utilizing the plus sign means that the forum will search for topics with both forum AND feedback in them, in any order). As well, if you use the advanced search - found right above your inbox - you can specify to search only titles of threads, which can cut down on a lot of extra results. As well, there's an explanation for all those features and more in the advanced search "Advanced Usage Help". =)

Forum Feedback: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=108234

If there's not a thread that really suits your needs, do feel free to create a new one. ^^

I tried doing a search, and got the following error:

Usually happens to me when I'm having lag or there's a lot people on the forum. The question is, are you still getting the error?

I thought it was due to all of them being counted as one breed. Due to the volcano having few breeds and a somewhat better rotation, pyros are more common than the other breeds.

That's what I heard as well.

I read that when a egg reaches 0 days you have 30 minutes before it dies :/

But I refreshed and waited for the 0 days it was at 0 days 1 hour and then I refreshed and it changed to 0 days and immediately died :/

Was this a bug or was I given wrong info? Either way I now have a dead paper. :/

I read that when a egg reaches 0 days you have 30 minutes before it dies :/

But I refreshed and waited for the 0 days it was at 0 days 1 hour and then I refreshed and it changed to 0 days and immediately died :/

Was this a bug or was I given wrong info? Either way I now have a dead paper. :/

that is very VERY old info, it hasn't been that way since before I joined

that is very VERY old info, it hasn't been that way since before I joined

So I was given wrong info ok x-x

At least I know now Y_Y

Thank you for answering

Well, not wrong info, but outdated info. It used to be the way you were told, but got changed a couple of years ago. At least it probably wasn't intentional.

Edited by olympe

I want to start a lineage with my dragons but before starting it I'd like to see how it would look once I get the last dragon I want to breed. Is there some site or tool I can use?

I want to start a lineage with my dragons but before starting it I'd like to see how it would look once I get the last dragon I want to breed. Is there some site or tool I can use?

Allure of Neglected Dragons fansite has a lineage builder tool. I'd link, but I'm mobile right now. unsure.gif

Photoshop (or some other Photo-editing variant that allows for the use of layers).

Here's a blank template to use: https://abload.de/img/templateemptylineagel8uq7.png

Save the image tiles from the lineage view of the breeds you want to use, and place them over the template.

If you'd rather, I have some time... I could make up a mock lineage for you. Just give me the names of the breeds you are thinking about using. tongue.gif

Allure of Neglected Dragons fansite has a lineage builder tool. I'd link, but I'm mobile right now. unsure.gif

that's what I thought too but I can only input the code of two dragons and see how their offspring would look like, I wanted something where I could put 4 codes and have those 4 dragons be the grandparents... so thank you but not what I was looking for!

If you'd rather, I have some time... I could make up a mock lineage for you. Just give me the names of the breeds you are thinking about using. tongue.gif

thank you but I think I'll do it like you're suggesting tomorrow when I'm taking a break from studying biggrin.gif

(I know the thread says post glitches in separate threads, but this is so minor...)

user posted image

I refreshed my scroll page, and this little Olive hatch decided to show the (non-dimorphic) gendered sprite, but not which gender it is.

A second refresh revealed that she's female.

Just thought I'd put the screenshot here in case someone wants to figure it out or anything.

Usually happens to me when I'm having lag or there's a lot people on the forum. The question is, are you still getting the error?

It is working fine now. I fret for nothing it seems! tongue.gif

(I know the thread says post glitches in separate threads, but this is so minor...)

user posted image

I refreshed my scroll page, and this little Olive hatch decided to show the (non-dimorphic) gendered sprite, but not which gender it is.

Just thought I'd put the screenshot here in case someone wants to figure it out or anything.

A refresh fixed it, so it doesn't really seem like an issue that needs addressed to me. Your page load just blooped for a moment.

user posted image

Not a bug, that happens sometimes that your scroll refresh gives a dragon just *that* last nudge it needed to advance (e.g. to gender) - but the text on the scroll doesn't update in that moment, as you noticed, you need to refresh the page itself for that.

(I usually see that kind of thing when I'm urgently waiting for something to hatch and refresh my scroll rather often - at some point I'd suddenly see the hatchling pop out while the page's last info says "egg")

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Good to know it's not a critical error or anything xd.png

I just thought it was unusual.