Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

This might be a silly question, but for next year (I know...already thinking about matches I need and things I need to do) when do I need to start getting zombie fodder? I remember someone asking that here and another person saying that it was too late.

I have the absolute hardest time with logic puzzles and especially with minesweeper, would it be okay if I let my mom play the event game? She doesn't have a scroll of her own and isn't interested in the cave itself.

that should be fine i think

Hiding your scroll doesn't hide or cancel trades, right? I've never had an egg in a trading thread while my scroll is hidden, but I don't trust my scroll not to be viewbombed during events like this. Once bitten twice shy kind of thing. dry.gif

Hiding your scroll doesn't hide or cancel trades, right? I've never had an egg in a trading thread while my scroll is hidden, but I don't trust my scroll not to be viewbombed during events like this. Once bitten twice shy kind of thing. dry.gif

No, hiding your scroll doesn't do any such things, don't worry. smile.gif It doesn't do anything besides making your scroll unavailable for viewing for others - for you yourself, it will be as if nothing had changed (as long as you're logged in, that is - when logged out, you of course won't be able to view your scroll either). smile.gif

No, hiding your scroll doesn't do any such things, don't worry. smile.gif It doesn't do anything besides making your scroll unavailable for viewing for others - for you yourself, it will be as if nothing had changed (as long as you're logged in, that is - when logged out, you of course won't be able to view your scroll either). smile.gif

Thanks. I feel better now that my trades are open and my babies are safe. happy.gif;

Is there a limit to the CB Halloween dragons we are allowed to own? Asking for the upcoming release.

Can anyone point me to where I can see the two new zombie sprites? In case someone saved the actual images, because right now zombies aren't visible.

Here you go ~ ☻

Is there a limit to the CB Halloween dragons we are allowed to own? Asking for the upcoming release.

From what I've been told, in the previous years, there has been no limits.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by gigglymonkey12

Nope. That's one of the great things about the Halloween dragons. You can grab as many CBs as you want. It's the other two holidays that have the 2 CB limit.

Edited by Syiren

No, there is no scroll limit for Halloween dragons. happy.gif With a Gold Trophy, you can catch 7 eggs of the new Halloween dragon on Halloween Day. Once those eggs have hatched, you can trade for more eggs or hatchlings of the new Halloween dragon. You can basically get as many as you'd like, within the constraints of the game (e.g. your egg limit and hatchling limit), but it does take careful planning and timing to do so. smile.gif

Edited by Duysterwald

user posted image

So are the second ones Chicken Zombies or also Pygmies? blink.gif

Also anyone made any Zombies from Papers? Are they Westerns or Lindwurms?

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

Ok so this might be kind of dumb, but I've got three adult dragons I want to try and zombie-fy on the 31st, should I kill them now?

Sure, kill them now. They could dodge the blade and after they dodge you have to wait for exactly 24 hours to try to stab them again. They will stay on your scroll for exactly 2 weeks after successful killing them. If you revive them in that period you could get your Undeads.

This might be a silly question, but for next year (I know...already thinking about matches I need and things I need to do) when do I need to start getting zombie fodder? I remember someone asking that here and another person saying that it was too late.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=128136

October 3rd - This is the first day you can grab new eggs and hatch them to fog them and let them die. You will need the egg to hatch on its last day of life.

October 7th - This is the first day you can grab new eggs and hatch them without the use of incubate to let them die.

October 8th - This is the first day you can grab new eggs and hatch them with the use of incubate to let them die.

October 10th - This is the first day you can grab new/hatch hatchlings to fog them and wait for them to die.

October 17th - This is two weeks before Halloween, so kill your first 5 dragon fodder now. If you do, then you can kill 5 more on Halloween for a total of 10 zombie adult attempts. Have extra fodder (at least double of what you want to attempt is a good guideline) because dragons that dodge your blade will continue to dodge for the rest of that day, so if a dragon dodges, you will need backups.

October 24th - Last day to grabnew /hatch hatchlings to fog them and wait for them to die.

October 31st - Halloween. Attempt to revive all dead zombie fodder today. As soon as your kill slots come back, you can also kill your second round of adult zombie fodder. Good luck!

You can kill adults (or hatchies) any time now until Halloween to try for zombies on Halloween.

If you catch or trade for any 6 days left or less hatchies, you can let them run out of time.

And just remember that we can get zombies any time of year now. There is a scaling success that goes with zombies visibility, from least chance of success to most: day, night, 31st of any month, Halloween. ^^

Hello. Do any of you know where I can find a simple guide for the Halloween game? I saw someone called it similar to Minesweeper, but I'm so confused and frustrated, so at this point I'll just settle for a badge. unsure.gif

Hello. Do any of you know where I can find a simple guide for the Halloween game? I saw someone called it similar to Minesweeper, but I'm so confused and frustrated, so at this point I'll just settle for a badge. unsure.gif

Here is a thread for you! Minesweeper

The only and simple rule:

The number is saying how many mines are around the number in every direction!

Edited by Tigerkralle

This might help. It's an Imgur album with screenshots and instructions in the captions. I'd be happy to help if you still need help after looking at it. Just PM me!

Thread explaining the minigame where you can also ask for help: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176558

Guide posts in the news thread -

AGYK: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry9319177

Dirtytabs: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry9319336

Minesweeper (what the minigame is, just with custom made graphics) video explanation, in case you like videos better language in comments:

You can probably skip the beginning stuff about the menu options, since that's not relevant to DC's version.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=128136

You can kill adults (or hatchies) any time now until Halloween to try for zombies on Halloween.

If you catch or trade for any 6 days left or less hatchies, you can let them run out of time.

And just remember that we can get zombies any time of year now. There is a scaling success that goes with zombies visibility, from least chance of success to most: day, night, 31st of any month, Halloween. ^^

Thank you.

That was most informational.

Is it a recorded issue that some sub-types of zombies show the regular sprite on their lineage page but the correct, sub-type one on the view page? As seen here: Pygmy Zombie

I feel like I've seen it mentioned before so I don't want to make a new thread just yet.

Edited by Vrack

Is it a recorded issue that some sub-types of zombies show the regular sprite on their lineage page but the correct, sub-type one on the view page? As seen here: Pygmy Zombie

I feel like I've seen it mentioned before so I don't want to make a new thread just yet.

Yes, I reported it the other night.

user posted image

So are the second ones Chicken Zombies or also Pygmies? blink.gif

Also anyone made any Zombies from Papers? Are they Westerns or Lindwurms?

Not sure where this pic is from, but I know it is NOT a chicken. Chickens can not be zombies because when killed they "are roasted and eaten" thus no revive option. So, probably Pygmies.

I have a Paper. Unless it's changed very recently (this update, since I haven't been on this week during zombie hours), it shows the western sprite. sad.gifhttp://dragcave.net/view/C4d7w

Going through the progenies of my Marrows, because I'm very proud of my Marrow lineage and like to see who wanted to keep my babies, and I notice something odd. Viror Whitewind only has one egg in his progeny - I know for a fact none of my Halloweens bred a single egg this year. They were all multiclutch. I also know from prior experience if the egg was fogged, it would still appear in the progeny, but when clicked would take me to the 'you can't seem to find this egg' page, and if the egg was dead, it would still be there also as it has not been two weeks.

I know once it leaves my scroll it isn't mine, and if it is dead, so be it, but I'm curious as to why at least one if not two eggs have disappeared from his progeny, and how? I only bred them yesterday, there should be no reason why they would not appear on the progeny even if dead or fogged.

Going through the progenies of my Marrows, because I'm very proud of my Marrow lineage and like to see who wanted to keep my babies, and I notice something odd. Viror Whitewind only has one egg in his progeny - I know for a fact none of my Halloweens bred a single egg this year. They were all multiclutch. I also know from prior experience if the egg was fogged, it would still appear in the progeny, but when clicked would take me to the 'you can't seem to find this egg' page, and if the egg was dead, it would still be there also as it has not been two weeks.

I know once it leaves my scroll it isn't mine, and if it is dead, so be it, but I'm curious as to why at least one if not two eggs have disappeared from his progeny, and how? I only bred them yesterday, there should be no reason why they would not appear on the progeny even if dead or fogged.

Looking at some fogged dragons I have now, their code is listed on the parents page (if they haven't had too many babies) but will not show up in the progeny view. So fogged draggies do not appear in the progeny view any longer. =)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Looking at some fogged dragons I have now, their code is listed on the parents page (if they haven't had too many babies) but will not show up in the progeny view. So fogged draggies do not appear in the progeny view any longer. =)

Ahh, that makes sense. Last time I saw a fogged baby it wasn't on progeny, just on its page, so I assumed they would also appear on progeny. I'm glad I wasn't just going mad and had miscounted my eggs this year xd.png