Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It DOES need more if you are doing a lot of incuhatching from the AP - but that isn't a factor at Hallowee'n !

While on the topic of reds, wouldn't it make sense if you needed an equal amount of of pink dragons (25 Males and 25 Females) and half the amount of Aeons (considering you check after influencing to see if it failed)?

Are both kinds of alternate Black still available? I get one fairly regularly, but I've never seen the other.

Also, fuzzbucket, I love your kitten with flailing tail and string. I'm owned by cats, and I know that butt!

While on the topic of reds, wouldn't it make sense if you needed an equal amount of of pink dragons (25 Males and 25 Females) and half the amount of Aeons (considering you check after influencing to see if it failed)?

I guess it would.

Assuming you have 100 reds and pinks downtime is half of the reds.

Also remember that you might not always be influencing your dragons.

I did a count of mine and I have 23 male and 24 females and ever since I got over the 20s (of each gender) of pinks, I haven't struggled with influencing since.

I don't really care about the amount of aeons though....

Only a few of my influences has ever failed.

I'm usually more concerned with my dragons refusing each other.

Edited by gigglymonkey12

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the cave being very laggy the past week or so? Sometimes it's fine, other times it loads the eggs so slowly that if there is some egg I want to click on, it's gone...several friends have noticed this too.

Are both kinds of alternate Black still available?  I get one fairly regularly, but I've never seen the other.

They seem to run in cycles, with one being dominant for awhile and then the other. I have seen both in the hatcheries fairly recently, though, so yes they are still available. You may just have to wait until the other kind hits its cycle.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the cave being very laggy the past week or so? Sometimes it's fine, other times it loads the eggs so slowly that if there is some egg I want to click on, it's gone...several friends have noticed this too.

I have noticed a lot of slow times in the last week or so. I even had it time out once on me yesterday. Then sometimes, just a bit later, it is just fine.

I wouldn't waste Aeons by checking for influence fail, either. Maybe if it was something like a 2nd gen prize or a similarly unreplaceable egg. I am more likely to use Aeons to precog to see if I need to bother influencing, but since I have loads of Pinks and less than 10 Aeons at the moment, I am more likely to just go ahead and influence.

Edited by purplehaze

Honestly I wouldn't bother double checking the influence with Aeons unless it's an incredibly special lineage. I can count the amount of times I've had influence fail on one hand and I've been playing for ten years.

Also, fuzzbucket, I love your kitten with flailing tail and string. I'm owned by cats, and I know that butt!

Thank odeen. She created it for an event.

I have a question that I'm not completely sure if this is the right place to ask, but I cannot find the answer anywhere and it puzzles me..

I grabbed a blue dino from the cave two weeks ago, and because I thought eggs cannot die within its first 5 hrs of life I decided to put it on different forums and it received about 800 unique views within first 30 minutes.. As soon as the sick message showed up I fogged it immediately, and checked it about 12 hours later (without unfogging) it was still sick but alive. However, when I checked once again after 5minutes or so the egg cracked open and died.. Is this normal? I thought by fogging it the egg is well protected and won't die? This actually happened to me twice, first time when I first started playing and my first CB egg died for the same reason, and I thought I unfogged it mistakenly..

Another thing, if I had incubated the egg immediately would the result be different?

Yeah, in fact I even mentioned it myself a few pages back. It's really annoying. sad.gif

I have a question that I'm not completely sure if this is the right place to ask, but I cannot find the answer anywhere and it puzzles me..

I grabbed a blue dino from the cave two weeks ago, and because I thought eggs cannot die within its first 5 hrs of life I decided to put it on different forums and it received about 800 unique views within first 30 minutes.. As soon as the sick message showed up I fogged it immediately, and checked it about 12 hours later (without unfogging) it was still sick but alive. However, when I checked once again after 5minutes or so the egg cracked open and died.. Is this normal? I thought by fogging it the egg is well protected and won't die? This actually happened to me twice, first time when I first started playing and my first CB egg died for the same reason, and I thought I unfogged it mistakenly..

Another thing, if I had incubated the egg immediately would the result be different?

Fogging does not stop eggs or hatchies dying, it only stops them getting more views (and, therefore, more sick). If an egg or hatchie has a lethal number views, it will almost certainly die even if fogged. Young eggs are much more sensitive to sickness and are best not put anywhere until they are at least 12 hours old; if there is something that prevents death in the first 5h, enough views during that time is likely to be fatal as soon as that period is over. Incubating does not avoid the consequences of sickness - the time to hatching is reduced by 1 day but the egg would still be young and vulnerable.

Fogging only protects the egg from getting more views and thereby getting even sicker. That normally gives the egg to recover over time - but if it's too sick already it will die no matter what.

Also incubate doesn't help - it's in a way even dangerous. The site calculates sickness by the actual age the egg has lived not by the time it still has until it grows up. So if you forget about incubating (and the site won't) it will make the egg go sick faster (in a way).

because I thought eggs cannot die within its first 5 hrs of life

Eggs can't be abandoned or traded within their first 5 hours of life. They can definitely die if they get too many views or you use the kill action (or earthquake or bite) on them, though. o.o

Eggs can't be abandoned or traded within their first 5 hours of life. They can definitely die if they get too many views or you use the kill action (or earthquake or bite) on them, though. o.o

Seconding this - I've killed a few misclicks via Vampire right after grabbing them.

Seconding this - I've killed a few misclicks via Vampire right after grabbing them.

Well, yeah - that's what some of us impatient types do in the hope of a repulse... laugh.gif

Hey, so I've got a question (clearly).

I want to get sunset dragons, but everytime I pick up an egg (from the AP or the biomes, regardless of time of day, even at night) the egg is always a sunrise dragon. So, is this just incredibly bad luck, or are we only allowed a specific type (either sunrise or sunset)? I maintain that I've picked up eggs in the biomes past midnight, before five a.m. and they are still sunrise.

I want to get sunset dragons, but everytime I pick up an egg (from the AP or the biomes, regardless of time of day, even at night) the egg is always a sunrise dragon. So, is this just incredibly bad luck, or are we only allowed a specific type (either sunrise or sunset)? I maintain that I've picked up eggs in the biomes past midnight, before five a.m. and they are still sunrise.

Glory drakes type depends on when you pick them up, but sun eggs type depends on when they hatch.

From the FAQ: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=48

Q: How do I make sure my sunrise/sunset dragon is either a sunrise or sunset?

A: The type of sun dragon depends on when it is hatched. Sunrise dragons must hatch between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. EST. Sunset dragons must hatch between the hours of 6:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. EST. In the hours between, sun dragons can't hatch at all and even if they are low enough on time, they will not hatch until they are able. Sunsets and sunrises come from the same egg.

I know I have trouble getting sunrises because I have to fog them at night, but I'm never awake during their hatching hours to unfog! >_> So good luck with your sunset!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

adding to what Sock said, if you've unlocked the breed in the encyclopedia, a sun egg will always be listed as "Sunrise" for the breed. But it can still hatch as a Sunset.

If my math is right then the Halloween breeding should start sometime late this week or over the weekend, correct? I want to make sure I have room this year instead of being egg-locked like last time. tongue.gif;

If my math is right then the Halloween breeding should start sometime late this week or over the weekend, correct? I want to make sure I have room this year instead of being egg-locked like last time. tongue.gif;

Should start on the 25th. smile.gif

Does anyone know the frequency of rares per hour per biome that appear? Just curious. It'd be easy to calculate, but just wanted to see if anyone knew an approximate number.

Does anyone know the frequency of rares per hour per biome that appear? Just curious. It'd be easy to calculate, but just wanted to see if anyone knew an approximate number.

Tj knows.

No-one else does, and that's the way he likes it laugh.gif

Tj knows.

No-one else does, and that's the way he likes it laugh.gif

Makes sense, haha. Thanks!