Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Can drakes be zombified?

All dragons, so everything except chickens, dinos, and little trees, can be zombified. drakes currently will use the default western sprite; as will pygmies and two-headed dragons. but according to TJ they will eventually get their own zombie sprites.

If it works as it has in the past there will be nothing but Halloween eggs in the AP! They get pushed to the top of the AP ahead of all other eggs. Some of the breeds will be harder to find than others, but because holiday eggs almost always multiclutch there should be some of everything out there.

How did it work in the past years?

Like, if the Halloween breeding starts (just for example) on the 25th, when will we able to see the first eggs in the AP?

I'm sorry to bother with all these questions, but I really like Halloween dragons and I'm very impatient to get some of them on my scroll ninja.gif

Bred special seasons breeds will be sort at the top of the abandon page instead of put where all the 7 days left until death eggs end up regulary normally (sounds more like proper English wink.gif ).

Eggs from Halloween breeds with 5 days left can be found at the top more on the left and eggs from Halloween breeds with 6 days left more at the bottom and at the right like the abandon page is usally sorted.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Eggs from Halloween breeds with 5 days left can be found at the top more on the left and eggs from Halloween breeds with 6 days left more at the bottom and at the right like the abandon page is usally sorted.

Are you sure? I think I remember new ("7 days left") Holiday eggs always appearing in the top left corner, pushing the older ones ("6 days xx hours left") to the right. I'm thinking of Christmas though, it could be different for Halloween...

At the beginning there will be only "7 days left" Holiday eggs anyway because all the Holiday eggs will be picked up as soon as they appear. smile.gif Later on, the time goes down when there are more eggs than players can (or want to) pick up.

There may also be walls of some breeds (I think Lurkers did that a lot last year), but they don't last forever.

It could be that you are right, Confused Cat. Then i was never right there at the moment when someone else just bred their Halloweens.

Oh, and there could be times whithout any Halloweens because all of the eggs are taken... rolleyes.gif

Oh, and there could be times whithout any Halloweens because all of the eggs are taken... rolleyes.gif

Really once Halloween breeding starts in earnest -- after the first few hours at least -- it is unlikely that the AP will be without any Halloweens. Because there is no scroll limit on CB Halloweens people tend to collect more of them and so there are more to breed. Even at Christmas and Valentines there are pretty much walls of the holiday eggs, but more so even at Halloween.

Really once Halloween breeding starts in earnest -- after the first few hours at least -- it is unlikely that the AP will be without any Halloweens. Because there is no scroll limit on CB Halloweens people tend to collect more of them and so there are more to breed. Even at Christmas and Valentines there are pretty much walls of the holiday eggs, but more so even at Halloween.

There's no scroll limit on CB Halloween dragons?

I clearly remember times without eggs from Holiday and Valentine breeds, but for Halloween breeds this will be unlikely.

Does anybody remember the exact limits how high or low we can set our numbers for legacy custom sort? I once tried to search for it put i gave up. 4000 is not the highest and -2 not the lowest that's what i know for sure. laugh.gif

@gigglymonkey12

Nope! Collect as many as you can grab! cool.gif And remember to use influence so that you not only will have females or males.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Are you sure? I think I remember new ("7 days left") Holiday eggs always appearing in the top left corner, pushing the older ones ("6 days xx hours left") to the right. I'm thinking of Christmas though, it could be different for Halloween...

At the beginning there will be only "7 days left" Holiday eggs anyway because all the Holiday eggs will be picked up as soon as they appear. smile.gif Later on, the time goes down when there are more eggs than players can (or want to) pick up.

There may also be walls of some breeds (I think Lurkers did that a lot last year), but they don't last forever.

Also keep in mind that on at least 2 occasssions, TJ had to be reminded to put the Holidays at the front.... so it might be an hour or two before they hit the top of the AP.

But yes, all the Halloween eggs will be first with the normal eggs behind them perishing.

Cheers!

C4.

@gigglymonkey12

Nope! Collect as many as you can grab! cool.gif And remember to use influence so that you not only will have females or males.

I'm super excited now!

Sadly, the ones from way back then...I only grabbed two of them sad.gif

Bred special seasons breeds will be sort at the top of the abandon page instead of put where all the 7 days left until death eggs end up regulary normally (sounds more like proper English wink.gif ).

Yes, Tigerkralle is right. Low time (Holiday) eggs on the top (left to right), then high time (Holiday) eggs, then regular eggs in the usual order.

Which means that we won't get to see any non-Halloweens from around day 2 of the breeding period until about 2 days after the breeding period ends.

Refusals are only turned off on the Halloween's side. If you enter the breeding page from the mates side the Desipis will still shown as rejected on the end of the list and you can't breed them.

Thanks, that's good to know!

wait, is the halloween breeding season here already?

*scrambles to figure out what I was doing with eggs*

wait, is the halloween breeding season here already?

*scrambles to figure out what I was doing with eggs*

No. There will be a news post when it does arrive, and will probably be midnight the 25th, Cave time. Probably

Oops. Silly typo

Edited by ainisarie

No. There will be a news post when it does arrive, and will probably be midnight the 24th, Cave time. Probably

Midnight is the start of the day not the end, so it will be the 25th not the 24th. (that's why it's 0:00 or Zero hundred hours in military time.)

Eggs need less stats to hatch the older they are, correct? So if I want ungendered zombie fodder I should wait until the egg is at low time and then hatch it?

Eggs need less stats to hatch the older they are, correct? So if I want ungendered zombie fodder I should wait until the egg is at low time and then hatch it?

they need less stats, but be careful where you add them. any site that auto-ers will give them lots of views very quickly. It also takes less and less states for the hatchie to gender, even while fogged.

Edited by DragonLady86

If you submit a holiday concept and TJ's going to use it, does he send you an artist's agreement form beforehand?

When you submit a holiday concept, if you have not previously signed the artist agreement, you need to send a signed copy along with your art & concept. The artist agreement is here.

Edited by RainStar13

Does anyone know of what kinds of dragons hatch/grow up at fewer clicks, or just faster in general? I know water horses are a good example, but if there's any more I'd love to find out.

Edited by andromedae

Does anyone know of what kinds of dragons hatch/grow up at fewer clicks, or just faster in general? I know water horses are a good example, but if there's any more I'd love to find out.

A good rule of thumb is that the more common it is the easier it hatches. I've noticed a lot of easy breeds hatch quickly, although I'm afraid I can't name any in particular. In contrast less common breeds seem more average and prizes / GONs (and luminas, vain little twits!) require way more than usual. I also know from firsthand experience that ND eggs require more views than normal eggs to hatch.

Kinda makes me wonder if, except for those few rares, the hatching ease of different breeds is adjusted based on their current ratios.

A good rule of thumb is that the more common it is the easier it hatches. I've noticed a lot of easy breeds hatch quickly, although I'm afraid I can't name any in particular. In contrast less common breeds seem more average and prizes / GONs (and luminas, vain little twits!) require way more than usual. I also know from firsthand experience that ND eggs require more views than normal eggs to hatch.

Kinda makes me wonder if, except for those few rares, the hatching ease of different breeds is adjusted based on their current ratios.

Thanks for the input! I've noticed that a dragon's rarity is a definite factor in how easily it hatches. Even then, commons themselves do differ, such as black capped teimarrs and water horses. Teimarrs hatch with low to medium amount of views and Water horses can hatch with very, very few. I feel inclined to experiment with egg hatching ratios needed for different breeds now...

Edited by andromedae

Hm. Are you sure? In my experience, Deep Seas sit on the harder end of the spectrum, as do avatars. Waterhorses are the only soft ones that come to mind, but other ultracommons (Spitfire, Gray, Green, Water, maybe Whiptail) sit somewhere in the middle.

I'm also not sure about ND eggs. Perhaps the ones you're getting have higher time than the ones I'm used to (Stun?), but mine hatch around 100 UV at 1d even.