Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I actually pulled up the forum search for that but missed that in the FAQ, I feel silly now.

But oh wow, that's a lot shorter time period than I expected. Looks like you really have to keep an eye on your scroll then if you have any interesting names.

Anyway, thanks for that AGYK!

So I updated the FAQ when we were told we'd be getting name stealing soon, but I should probably edit it, since AFAIK don't think it's actually been updated yet. x3 It was announced here, though: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161108

Wild guess: maybe TJ listened to people that wanted multi clutches and released this breed to test the waters.

I honestly wouldn't get too excited for this, particularly considering how full the AP stays.

If memory serves, inactive players lose rights to their names, but not the names themselves - someone else trying to take your name will be able to, but unless someone else tries to take your name the name will stay.

Edit: here we go. From the FAQ:

Is that name stealing thing already in place? I've tried to rename some of my dragons from scrolls I know people havent logged onto in a while and it still says the names already in use.

Is that name stealing thing already in place? I've tried to rename some of my dragons from scrolls I know people havent logged onto in a while and it still says the names already in use.

*pokes you to my above post*

It was briefly in place when announced and then quickly reversed and I don't know of any testing that's been done on it at all.

Has anyone seen orchedrakes dropping in the cave recently? I can't recall the last time I caught one. Are they still dropping? blink.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I think we need a Tiny Little Observations thread.

Dragon names are no longer unbreakable (as long as they have a space in them)

http://abload.de/img/vampirelongnamesggo9y.png

I think my Vampire names must be *just* at the pixel limit for that column's width - they are short enough to be one-liners with the font of the default skin laugh.gif

@*Silver Fox*: I just saw one. Would have caught it for you if I hadn't been egglocked.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

*pokes you to my above post*

It was briefly in place when announced and then quickly reversed and I don't know of any testing that's been done on it at all.

That makes a lot of sense though, because the name I was trying to get looked like it was on a scroll inactive way longer than two months. I mean, it's always possible that people still log onto their scrolls and not look active otherwise, but... unlikely.

Well darn. That would have been a pretty awesome name if I could've get it.

At least I know my memory's not that bad, it was once a thing. I wonder why it was reversed, ah well.

What's going on with pyralspites these days? Not that long ago Almandine (alpine) were virtually impossible to get, Spessartine (coast) were also hard to get, with Pyrope (volcano) being super easy to grab. Has this shifted recently?

They seem to be dropping more recently. Whether that is because people were complaining about them being so ultra-rare, or whether it is a natural fluctuation is up for argument. TJ said they were behaving as intended, but right after that it seems I have been seeing a lot more of them in trade threads (although not in the cave, personally wink.gif )

Refusals are no longer grayed out, when did that happen?

Celestials , ok that makes sense, just confused me (and got my hopes up) momentarily

Thanks AGYK

Edited by Tawanda001

Refusals are no longer grayed out, when did that happen?

Pretty sure some things changed as part of the Celestial release. Refusals show (Rejected) for me now, rather than having the entire dragon grayed out.

user posted image

I'm guessing this is to prevent confusion with Celestials that haven't been corporealized, which also have a gray status but say (Incorporeal).

Hello, was away from the city a couple days so I wasnt at my computer when celestial dragons were released. Does anyone know their rarity, now that they are past the initial release?

Hello, was away from the city a couple days so I wasnt at my computer when celestial dragons were released. Does anyone know their rarity, now that they are past the initial release?

Not sure about their exact rarity because they're still so new, but if you're looking for them they're still fairly common. They show up a lot at the 5 minute mark when things get shuffled.

They seem to be about uncommon, maybe only slightly uncommon. Try the volcano, desert or alpine at the five minute drops, you're somehow more likely to find them there. At least in my experience.

Who is collecting "Z" coded eggs?

Who is collecting "Z" coded eggs?

Anyone in the Z thread (see my sig.) I am - but I am egglocked biggrin.gif

Anyone in the Z thread (see my sig.) I am - but I am egglocked biggrin.gif

Thanks Fuzz biggrin.gif

Is there a way to stop getting emails for every topic reply? I looked under email options, but only saw the option to receive emails for new pms (which I'd like to keep).

Is there a way to stop getting emails for every topic reply? I looked under email options, but only saw the option to receive emails for new pms (which I'd like to keep).

Be sure you don't have the 3rd box checked because that automatically sends you notification whenever anyone posts in a topic that you have posted in.

Other than that, check under subscriptions to see if you have any active ones listed and uncheck them if you do.

Be sure you don't have the 3rd box checked because that automatically sends you notification whenever anyone posts in a topic that you have posted in.

Other than that, check under subscriptions to see if you have any active ones listed and uncheck them if you do.

The only option that's checked is email for pms. I have several topic subscriptions, but it doesn't say anything about email >.<

The only option that's checked is email for pms. I have several topic subscriptions, but it doesn't say anything about email >.<

The subscription option could be worded a bit better, but from reading the help topics (#1,#2) it's implied that email notifications is the only way the subscriptions here work. I can't say I care for this system, but it looks like you'll have to get rid of those subscriptions if you want to get rid of the emails.

is DC only laggin for me? dry.gif

Nope, it lags for me all the time.

That is: up to 2-3 minutes at the hourly drop and up to 1 minute at the five minute drops.

Other than that, it works just fine wink.gif

The subscription option could be worded a bit better, but from reading the help topics (#1,#2) it's implied that email notifications is the only way the subscriptions here work. I can't say I care for this system, but it looks like you'll have to get rid of those subscriptions if you want to get rid of the emails.

You do. And if you then go to email settings - make sure that

Enable 'Email Notification' by default?

Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to.

is unchecked.... Or....

I would LOVE the option to get emails for some but not all....

The cave lags for me on the hour, and for breeding and fertility - but otherwise it's OK.

Yes, the biomes can run out of eggs if enough people take them.