Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Has anyone else noticed quotation marks in descriptions acting funny? For some reason when the new lookup view hit for me, my dragons with descriptions with quotation marks, for example this one, has had their quote marks turned into "

It's quite ugly, I would just resubmit the descriptions but I'm not sure if that would actually fix the issue since I'm not sure if it has to do with the new view or if my descriptions themselves somehow got corrupted.

Anyone else have descriptions with quotation marks they can check?

The quotes marks in that dragons description show up fine for me, so maybe it's the new view. (Also, hilarious description xd.png Good job)

Loads of people have their own. I made my own (not publicly available, on my computer) one in Excel. It has LOADS of stuff in :) But NOT the stuff others might want, I imagine.

Your personal one sounds pretty impressive either way. :P

But hm, alright. I know users from another site I'm on have a thing for making publicly available spreadsheet utilities and the like. Especially with community feedback, they can get pretty darn powerful.

Do you think anybody would be interested in some sort of public base (probably google sheets) template in the very, very theoretical possibility I decided to try anything like that? Although I'm not sure where I'd even post that..

--

Also @Sock.

Oh my gosh, you're a lifesaver and I love you. I'll go save that somewhere right now.

Edited by ~Magpie~

Your personal one sounds pretty impressive either way. tongue.gif

But hm, alright. I know users from another site I'm on have a thing for making publicly available spreadsheet utilities and the like. Especially with community feedback, they can get pretty darn powerful.

Do you think anybody would be interested in some sort of public base (probably google sheets) template in the very, very theoretical possibility I decided to try anything like that? Although I'm not sure where I'd even post that.

Probably they would be....

But mine has all kinds of stuff no-one else would want in total - my Z dragons with their linages; IOUs; things I plan to breed if I ever get around to it; all my drakes on one page so I can work out their lineages more easily; notes on avvie and copper breeding; BSA chart; some specific co-operative lines like the Quarter Quell; growing stuff until I have sorted it into place.... The thing is everyone has different needs, IMHO.

I DO use Lastalda's lineage planner templates though. I don't know how they came to my attention.

That said - I can easily design my own; for people who aren't as au fait, templates would probably be awesome. Post it in your sig ?

Probably they would be....

But mine has all kinds of stuff no-one else would want in total - my Z dragons with their linages; IOUs; things I plan to breed if I ever get around to it; all my drakes on one page so I can work out their lineages more easily; notes on avvie and copper breeding; BSA chart; some specific co-operative lines like the Quarter Quell; growing stuff until I have sorted it into place.... The thing is everyone has different needs, IMHO.

I DO use Lastalda's lineage planner templates though. I don't know how they came to my attention.

That said - I can easily design my own; for people who aren't as au fait, templates would probably be awesome. Post it in your sig ?

In an ideal world said template would eventually have all kinds of nifty functions, people could use or not use them at their own discretion. I'm definitely thinking IOU's, breeding plans and maybe some sort of BSA page might be popular enough to warrant sticking in there.

Those lineage planner templates sound neat, thanks and I'll have to take a look at those!

And ooh yeah, my sig would work. But I also meant in regards to what part of the forum. If anyone cared enough about this, it might be nice to have a thread where people could offer suggestions/improvements and point out bugs and stuff. I'm thinking site discussion might be the place for that..?

It's a pretty lofty idea for a bored college student and would probably be pretty clunky at first, but hey good to know. It might be fun.

I would have said site discussion. It isn't really a SUGGESTION - unless you wanted to post there and see what people would like included....

Edited by fuzzbucket

If one type of dragon is able to produce multiple eggs (for e.g the holly), and you bred that to a common dragon that only produces one egg, is it possible that the common dragon and the dragon that is able to produce multiple eggs, would make multiple eggs of the common dragon? Or is that not possible?

Unless that common one happens to be a Celestial: nope, you'll only ever get single common eggs from breeding with holidays, but you may get multiple holiday eggs during their own season.

It'll be interesting to see if common x Celestial behaves differently.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Unless that common one happens to be a Celestial: nope, you'll only ever get single common eggs from breeding with holidays, but you may get multiple holiday eggs during their own season.

It'll be interesting to see if common x Celestial behaves differently.

Hmm I'm just thinking because the celestial is able to produce multiple eggs, but it requires an action do it, so if holidays produce multiple eggs when its their season, would that suggest that you'd only ever get celestial eggs from a common dragon?

I'd be interested to see what would happen if you bred a holiday in its season with a celestial. I'm assuming the holiday would be produced first though.

Hmm I'm just thinking because the celestial is able to produce multiple eggs, but it requires an action do it, so if holidays produce multiple eggs when its their season, would that suggest that you'd only ever get celestial eggs from a common dragon?

Nope, I don't think so. I believe that Holiday multiclutches are tied to the breeding season: both holiday multiclutching AND holiday breeding are turned on at the same time.

Dragons used to multi-clutch all the time, it had just been disabled for regular dragons. I think we would have gotten a warning on the Celestial's action page if they'd only throw Celestial eggs. Since they are still very new though, prepare for a few days of breeding before they throw anything non-Celestial.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Nope, I don't think so. I believe that Holiday multiclutches are tied to the breeding season: both holiday multiclutching AND holiday breeding are turned on at the same time.

Dragons used to multi-clutch all the time, it had just been disabled for regular dragons. I think we would have gotten a warning on the Celestial's action page if they'd only throw Celestial eggs. Since they are still very new though, prepare for a few days of breeding before they throw anything non-Celestial.

Interesting, didn't actually know that all dragons were able to multiclutch, but were only disabled rolleyes.gif Well I'll have to see in a few hours until all my celestials grow up to breed, already bred 2 to commons and they've both given me celestial eggies. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Master0fPuppets

Glitches can be posted in Help or emailed to the admin. TJ09 is the only one who can address glitches. You can PM a mod and we'll forward to TJ, but posting it in its own thread lets other people confirm the glitch (or help fix your issue) and let them know it has been reported.

P sure that's been around for months. Came with seeing an influenced/incubated egg on the finished actions page.

Are you sure about that, Sock? I was quite surprised when I saw an egg I bred this morning center-justified. I could have sworn they were on the left before Celestials.

I mean it might have to do with the new layout, but... I've been doing a lot of breeding, I think I'd have noticed....

Cheers!

C4.

user posted image

That's what I see when I breed my critters. Recent change? TJ fiddling with code?

Looks like you have the new layout.

I have the new layout switching on and off now for a few weeks and every time I breed while the new layout is active, the produced egg is shown centred under their parents. With the old layout it's shown on the left side.

Has anyone else noticed quotation marks in descriptions acting funny? For some reason when the new lookup view hit for me, my dragons with descriptions with quotation marks, for example this one, has had their quote marks turned into "

It's quite ugly, I would just resubmit the descriptions but I'm not sure if that would actually fix the issue since I'm not sure if it has to do with the new view or if my descriptions themselves somehow got corrupted.

Anyone else have descriptions with quotation marks they can check?

I have the old layout and for me the quotation marks are there and fine.

@Socky

The female signs are fine for me, but i saw not for everyone, hopefully you have reported it already.

@Celestial Multiclutches

I saw already non-Celestial Dragon eggs and one Celestial Dragons egg from someone who posted the progency view links in news. Could be on the last page. Here is the post with a lineage link to a non-Celestial egg from a Celestial Dragon and we can click on the Celestial Dragon and viewing the other children.

ETA:

@Breeding

Instead of taking a screenshot i hit the key for refreshing... rolleyes.gif Sadly no screenshot and now i am egglocked and don't want to breed just for breeding.

Everything was centrered besides "The two dragons produce an egg." and "Back to actions."

I don't have the new layout.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Indeed, I don't have the new layout either, but I get the new breeding result page. This is what it looks like with auto-abandon: http://abload.de/img/breedingresultcentereaop8v.png (Blackout skin - supposedly *not* receiving updates)

Basically, the word "breed" between the dragons is new as well as the centering of the offspring.

So, the new dragon has me a bit confused when it comes to breeding. Do they stay in their constellation form when they're on cooldown and become solid when they can breed? or is it a certain time of day when they can breed?

So, the new dragon has me a bit confused when it comes to breeding. Do they stay in their constellation form when they're on cooldown and become solid when they can breed? or is it a certain time of day when they can breed?
Perhaps I should do the same. Spoilers in white:

You have to use their BSA to make them dark before you can breed them, but after you breed them they'll go right back to being starry.

Edited by ParticleSoup

Spoilering because I'm not sure everyone has the new breed's information yet - I believe you have to use the Corporealize BSA to make the Celestials breedable. They turn dark when you use the BSA and immediately return to their light form after breeding. Someone did say their new adult had both Breed and Corporealize available, but didn't say what Breed did if used without Corporealize.

Thanks guys. ^^ I only have two so far and was just really excited to find out how to breed these beauties.

If you want to create a project for a holiday (Red Nose Day, which supports children), would that be a Lineage project or where would it be posted?

Are you sure about that, Sock? I was quite surprised when I saw an egg I bred this morning center-justified. I could have sworn they were on the left before Celestials.

I mean it might have to do with the new layout, but... I've been doing a lot of breeding, I think I'd have noticed....

Cheers!

C4.

Hm. It's always possible I'm mistaken, but I honestly don't ever remember it being in the center. o_O

Ruby Eyes' screenie didn't jog any memories for me either. It just looks strange to me.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

If you want to create a project for a holiday (Red Nose Day, which supports children), would that be a Lineage project or where would it be posted?

What kind of project?

What kind of project?

Similar to lineage projects - but since the theme is Red Nose Day, I was thinking of breeding Red dragons in support, and name them Red Nose ____ or something similar. But instead of a lineage project, just like a day or two before and after to celebrate??

Similar to lineage projects - but since the theme is Red Nose Day, I was thinking of breeding Red dragons in support, and name them Red Nose ____ or something similar. But instead of a lineage project, just like a day or two before and after to celebrate??

The lineage section is for ongoing lineage projects. What you want sounds more like a mass breed. We've organized quite a few of those just in SD.

The lineage section is for ongoing lineage projects. What you want sounds more like a mass breed. We've organized quite a few of those just in SD.

Ahh so that's where I put it. Thank you, Sock! ^~^

Indeed, I don't have the new layout either, but I get the new breeding result page. This is what it looks like with auto-abandon: http://abload.de/img/breedingresultcentereaop8v.png (Blackout skin - supposedly *not* receiving updates)

Basically, the word "breed" between the dragons is new as well as the centering of the offspring.

You're right. Didn't noticed the word breed between the dragons and I also tried it and have this new look without the new layout. Maybe TJ rolls out the new layout only partial for all.

Spoilering because I'm not sure everyone has the new breed's information yet - I believe you have to use the Corporealize BSA to make the Celestials breedable. They turn dark when you use the BSA and immediately return to their light form after breeding. Someone did say their new adult had both Breed and Corporealize available, but didn't say what Breed did if used without Corporealize.

I'm pretty sure that was a bug because my own Celestials became adults short after those and at this point they only had 3 actions available: Corporealize, Name, Describe (-spoiler in case someone's still wanting to find out themselves)