Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

How long should you leave an egg fogged even after it gets over being sick?

Usally half a day until up a day. Depends how much time is left for hatching. To be safe fog it for 24 hours you can hatch it and then fog the hatchling. But be aware if the little critter is very sick it could die in the fog.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Usally half a day until up a day. Depends how much time is left for hatching. To be safe fog it for 24 hours you can hatch it and then fog the hatchling. But be aware if the little critter is very sick it could die in the fog.

Thanks for the reply! I'll be sure to do that. smile.gif

I just cleared cache and deleted old cookies but still....

Where is my Zombie? It is the 31st and my Undead aka Zombie is hidden. sad.gif

user posted image

Or did i mess something up and Zombies are only visible the whole day at Halloween (31st October)?

I just cleared cache and deleted old cookies but still....

Where is my Zombie? It is the 31st and my Undead aka Zombie is hidden. sad.gif

Or did i mess something up and Zombies are only visible the whole day at Halloween (31st October)?

I can see your Zombie's tombstone on your scroll now. I usually would not be able to see it in the daytime.

I think that the difference on the 31st of the month is that the tombstone is visible. It used to be that we could not see our own Zombie tombstones in the daytime, but now that that has changed, it looks the same to the owner on the 31st as it does any other day.

It is only on Halloween that the full Zombie sprite comes out to play all day. wink.gif

Most days, if I look at my scroll while logged out, or through the /user link, I will not see my little Zondra at the top. But today her tombstone is showing even when I am not logged in.

Edited by purplehaze

Yes, this one. Thank you very much smile.gif

I searched prefix suffix before posting but didn't find anything. I don't think I ever find anything when I search it, probably searching things wrong.

If you search:

+prefix +suffux

with the plus signs included, then it will search the subform for topics that contain both prefix and suffix in the thread rather than with prefix or suffix in the thread. I notice the plus signs did cut down on the number of results that showed up, which makes results easier to look through! If you want to search just titles, you can do that by going to the general search option rather than just searching from the bottom of the subforum. As well, that page links to an advanced usage guide which has some quick and simple tips for better utilizing the search function. Besides my oddly good memory for what threads exist/what is in their titles, the tips in that guide are completely the reason I have such good luck with the search function. xP

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

So that's the different on a 31st.

Yes indeed. All my tombstones are showing - and so is yours.

How long should you leave an egg fogged even after it gets over being sick?

Normally when I have to fog mine it's only for 2-3 hours then it's good. Though the quicker it got views I've discovered the longer I've had to hide it for.

Does UV light/radiation fit in the DC timeframe? For example, in my dragon request, I mention my dragon can see UV light. Would that be considered too modern?

While UV light was not described by humans until after the general setting of DC, UV light isn't like a plane. It's always been there, so I don't see why it couldn't fit into the setting of DC. It's not something that we couldn't build until we reached a certain technological point. It's something we couldn't describe until we reached a certain technological point. I don't see why a dragon in a world where mana and magic exists couldn't be exempt to this required technological advancement.

In any case, if mods approved it, we probably thought it was okay. If you don't trust our judgement (hey, that's fine! We're not TJ; we can only guess as best we can what he will decide), it'd be best to PM TJ specifically, as he has the final say. =)

If you want, you could ask it in the DC Lore AMA thread in SD rather than PM'ing!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

This needs updating a bit, but here's what's in the FAQ:

Q: My zombie disappeared! Where did it go?

A: During the first two weeks after you've killed the dragon, it appears as a tombstone. Once you create your zombie, the tombstone will stay during hours the zombie isn't visible until two weeks from its death. Two weeks after you kill your dragon to make your zombie, the tombstone disappears from your scroll and is only visible when you view the zombie's view page any time other than 12:00 a.m. (midnight) to 6:00 a.m. EST. The zombies themselves also disappear during the day, and are only visible from 12:00 a.m. (midnight) until 6:00 a.m. EST, and their tombstones are visible all day on the 31st of any month with 31 days in it. Zombies are always visible in sort but are only visible on the scroll during the times describe above. You can also find your zombie if you know its name by going to http://dragcave.net/view/n/NAME_HERE

So just the tombstones on the 31st isn't a recent thing. xP

(I have to look this up every time as I can't remember the exact mechanics, lol.)

What is going on with "the new layout". Why is it rolling out so slowly? I assume we will all have it eventually?

TJ mentiond a rollout back here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=164834 which has become more and more normal for him to use. There simply aren't a whole lot of mods, so doing a slow rollout amongst a low percent of users makes it easier to test features without outright breaking the site for everyone. ^^

It seems pretty clear the new layout is rather badly broken. What is the need for it - it's also ugly with those cogs - which are NOT medieval looking, BTW.

Kind of an out of the blue question, but does anyone have examples of these lineages? I'd like to see how they look before VDay, but I don't want to waste my Vals on test breedings for me when I could be breeding needed kins for someone else.

Rosebud x Pink, Teimarr, Gaia, Blusang

Heartseeker x Blusang, Sunset

It seems pretty clear the new layout is rather badly broken. What is the need for it - it's also ugly with those cogs - which are NOT medieval looking, BTW.

Agreed. The old layout isn't broken and doesn't really need fixing, and the wide spacing on the new layout is pretty meh to me. Also not thrilled about the glitches people are reporting. All in all, can't say I'm a huge fan. Sign me up to stay on the old layout >_>

Kind of an out of the blue question, but does anyone have examples of these lineages? I'd like to see how they look before VDay, but I don't want to waste my Vals on test breedings for me when I could be breeding needed kins for someone else.

Rosebud x Pink, Teimarr, Gaia, Blusang

Heartseeker x Blusang, Sunset

I'll toss together some mockups. Give me a few minutes.

Edit:

Pink x Rosebud

Teimarr x Rosebud

Gaia x Rosebud

Blusang x Rosebud

Heartseeker x Blusang

Heartseeker x Sunset

Edited by AGYK

New things often have bugs. That's why we test them and fix them.

New things often have bugs. That's why we test them and fix them.

It's still ugly and not at all medieval looking - what is the reason for changing the layout ? The links must go to the same places, so....

I do know how much work you all do ironing out bugs - but there were no bugs with the layout we had. So....

I wanted to ask about it for a while: What are the differences between hour drop and 5 minutes drop in the cave?

Except worse lag at hour drop I don't see any difference but I heard there is some - for example more eggs (or more rare eggs) created at hour drop. But even if there is more eggs created I can't see them if anyone won't take other eggs from biome - like with 5 minutes drop - or there is more rotation at hour drop?

Due to lag I can't really see any advantages of hour drop but many people prefer to hunt at this time so I became curious.

This how I understand it to work. At the top of the hour all the old eggs that were not picked up are deleted and a whole new batch of eggs is made. At the five minute mark the eggs are rotated, but no new eggs are created. The eggs are taken from the queue for that biome.

I think a few of the hourly created eggs are actually kept hidden and only added in portions at the 5 minute drops. It's why new releases where biomes might empty out quickly still have a little bit of "life" at the 5 minute shuffles.

Thank you annageckos and Ruby Eyes, it does make sense now smile.gif I think people might want to hunt at hour drop because they think there is more chance of getting rare egg when they're created - I don't know if it's true but it makes sense.

And I got another question from this - if at the hour drop all remaining eggs from biomes are deleted and site is creating all new ones isn't there a chance it's one of things that making hour lag? I don't really know anything about this matter, but isn't deleting and creating new eggs every hour quite absorbing for site server - making new codes, adding breeds to them, choosing biomes and saving it as new data? Or things like that are normal for site and can't cause any delay?

Where do you find the list of codes to change the colors of text? Not just the default ones on the add reply page but colors like teal and so forth.

ETA: Thanks for the prompt reply, Ruby Eyes!

Edited by oddsoxdi