Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Cantomoris? Once they hatch they don't change color right? I could theoretically trade for a mundus since I can't seem to catch these?

Correct!  Once they've hatched the Cantos are locked into their color and can safely be traded.

This maybe a stupid question, but how do I acquire an Eclipse Sonata? I know the moons have to be aligned but when does that happen? I have some eclipsed Lunar Heralds so I'm sure I knew this at some point :D

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Sashimi said:

This maybe a stupid question, but how do I acquire an Eclipse Sonata? I know the moons have to be aligned but when does that happen? I have some eclipsed Lunar Heralds so I'm sure I knew this at some point :D

The Lunar Heralds have an entirely different schedule!  And all 3 variants show up far more frequently.

Sonatas have their eclipse form show up every 4th full moon for the blue moon (which is every 2nd full moon for the gold), and that happens on a 64 real-world day cycle and then the eclipse Sonatas seem to show up a bit before as well (not sure how long before off the top of my head, or if they linger after).

The most recent eclipse was on January 20th, so your next window to get them should be around March 25th.  Keep in mind that at the start of their window you can get mixed results and aren't guaranteed an eclipse version, but there is a point where it swaps to 100% guaranteed eclipse color.  You can use the market to check which variant is available at the time.

You can check this thread for more, it's got people tracking and comparing notes about the lunar cycle in it!

Edited by KageSora

if two dragons refuse to go near each other, will there ever be a success, or is the pair incompatible forever?

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, normalGuy said:

if two dragons refuse to go near each other, will there ever be a success, or is the pair incompatible forever?

they're incompatible forever. but if one of them happens to be a holiday dragon, they'll be able to breed during said holiday. refusals are turned off/ignored for event breeding.

Edited by Dizzywing

I fail at understanding the moon phases. Can someone tell me when I can breed my dragons and get a bronze lunar herald?🫠

9 minutes ago, Elery. said:

I fail at understanding the moon phases. Can someone tell me when I can breed my dragons and get a bronze lunar herald?🫠

You can actually look in the Market and whichever is available is the color that will breed.

Or if you want to know in advance, you can look at this tool that was created by a player (apologies for not remembering who): https://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar-herald-colour.php

10 hours ago, Frej_the_Gold said:

You can actually look in the Market and whichever is available is the color that will breed.

Or if you want to know in advance, you can look at this tool that was created by a player (apologies for not remembering who): https://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar-herald-colour.php

Thank you ❤️

I have a trading etiquette question! Is it rude to offer something that is not exactly what the trading post message says in the Want section? Yes, no, maybe, under certain circumstances? 

I understand this will be different for everyone, but I'd love to somewhat temperature check whether there are established norms that can inform my decisions on the trading post! For example, if a trade is up for a few days, I wonder if they're considering many offers and wouldn't mind another. But I don't want to make people feel like I haven't read what they've written. I definitely am aware I'm overthinking it but still would love any input! Thank you!

9 minutes ago, dracornithologist said:

I have a trading etiquette question! Is it rude to offer something that is not exactly what the trading post message says in the Want section? Yes, no, maybe, under certain circumstances? 

I understand this will be different for everyone, but I'd love to somewhat temperature check whether there are established norms that can inform my decisions on the trading post! For example, if a trade is up for a few days, I wonder if they're considering many offers and wouldn't mind another. But I don't want to make people feel like I haven't read what they've written. I definitely am aware I'm overthinking it but still would love any input! Thank you!

Personally, I feel like if it's okay if the offer is of equal value IF the trade doesn't say only. Aka offering a different colored dino or a astrael instead of a canto, etc. My reasoning for this is sometimes someone may be interested in seeing if they can get a better trade out of what you're offering, or maybe will lower their wants after a while of being on the hub. If the trade says only, don't offer something else. Also, if the trade is asking for a very specific dragon, I also don't feel like I should offer something else (like a specific pairing bred etc). Especially if the trade says "or offers" this seems reasonable to me. However, offering something like an uncoded red when the user is asking for a coded red seems unreasonable, or a bred egg instead of CB. That, to me, conveys more of a feeling of ignoring the trade wants.

I also think that if the person has an info/trading group with breeds/codes/things they like it's fair game to offer things from that as well.

However this is my opinion, and I know some people aren't always happy to get trade offers that aren't exactly what they want.

24 minutes ago, dracornithologist said:

For me, I don't consider it rude (unless I explicitly stated "only X" or "no Y" and you offer Y), it's just almost always going to get auto-declined as soon as I see it because I'm looking for something specific.  I usually mention "offers" when I'm open to other options.  (It would have to usually be offering something rarer than I asking or something else that I happen to be looking for.  I however don't really have a group of things I'm looking for they'd have to get lucky.  And even then I might not accept it)

So, not rude--just usually a waste of somebody's time that would be better spent offering it elsewhere or making their own trade.  (However, since they can easily remove their offer if I'm offline for too long for their tastes then it isn't a huge deal, just wastes however much time they're willing to let it sit there)

Posted (edited)

I don’t consider it rude if you’ve got something really neat to offer or even if you’ve got something that the trade maker considers crappy, as long as you don’t feel it’s rude for them to decline.

like right now I have a couple eggs posted for offers in the hub, and ive specifically asked for a particular CB, but if someone were to offer something else that I’d think was really cool, I wouldn’t want them to not offer it and potentially miss out on something really cool 🤷‍♀️ 

I didn’t put ‘or offers’ because I really do want this one CB I don’t have, but if someone offered something really cool, I’d likely be inclined to accept.

a couple people made not good offers on one of my trades, and I wasn’t mad, I just declined cos I wasn’t interested.

I guess my advice is that if you’re going to offer something that wasn’t requested, don’t offer it on trades that specify ‘only’ if you’re concerned about irking people and don’t be offended if your offer gets declined 😊 

Edited by CandraCat

itty bitty question... can't find this information anywhere, sorry if i missed it! but what are the dimensions of the sigs? and forum post width?

While I don't know the dimensions, I do know that it changes based on how you view the webpage. For example, since I'm using mobile right now, I can't see signatures. However, if I use a computer or rotate my phone to landscape, signatures show up (unless I activate the settings that always hides them). Post size width is smaller on mobile screens as well.

Thank you everyone for the replies! I think that makes a lot of sense and is genuinely very helpful for me in approaching the trading post. I personally don't see declines as rude, just a nice direct way to say "I'm not interested in this" - although I wish there was a way to say, "I'm not interested in this, thank you!" 😅

It sounds like as long as I'm keeping in mind that I'm not offering what they *didn't* ask for in specific ways (like how if they don't include "offers" in the message, or not offering an egg when they say "hatchling only"), then the trade will not be seen as disrespectful, at least generally. Thanks again!! 

Question for clarity, is it acceptable to ask for 2Gs from SALTs in the trading post if no specific SALT or spriter is indicated?  

Wanted: 2G from SALTs

vs

Wanted: 2G from WereJace's SALTs?

44 minutes ago, WereJace said:

Question for clarity, is it acceptable to ask for 2Gs from SALTs in the trading post if no specific SALT or spriter is indicated?  

Wanted: 2G from SALTs

vs

Wanted: 2G from WereJace's SALTs?

You can ask for 2g from salts generally! Specifying gets into a bit of a more dubious listing but has been done before.

1 minute ago, 04uni said:

You can ask for 2g from salts generally! Specifying gets into a bit of a more dubious listing but has been done before.

Alright, thanks!  I know there was confusion surrounding how specific you could get so I'd rather get it right the first time.  

On 3/20/2024 at 8:00 PM, dracornithologist said:

Thank you everyone for the replies! I think that makes a lot of sense and is genuinely very helpful for me in approaching the trading post. I personally don't see declines as rude, just a nice direct way to say "I'm not interested in this" - although I wish there was a way to say, "I'm not interested in this, thank you!" 😅

It sounds like as long as I'm keeping in mind that I'm not offering what they *didn't* ask for in specific ways (like how if they don't include "offers" in the message, or not offering an egg when they say "hatchling only"), then the trade will not be seen as disrespectful, at least generally. Thanks again!! 

My view precisely. If people trading salts say 3rd gen salt, PLEASE NO MINTS (as they are so easy to find :D  ) , offering mints is rude, but offering - say - a 4th gen is OK to me (and is very often accepted.)

Experiencing annoying lag when wanting to custom sort, takes forever for the pictures to turn to a form where I can grab and move them, seems to be analytical site stuff that cause it, at least I see the url at the bottom of the site all the time until it finally says dragcave.net. Is there anything one can do about it besides the usal cache clearing etc. stuff, which does not help here. Am in Europe.

Posted (edited)

What can I say - I just custom sorted my scroll using grid sort - going on 13,000 dragons - and it was fine. I'm on a desktop PC with Windows 7, using Opera as a browser - it's as up to date as it CAN be in Win 7. I too am in Europe - in the UK, to be precise- on a wifi internet system from some kind of radio transmitter, as there are no cables near my home that can cope with broadband. I have to say there were major internet glitches in general yesterday - yahoo and aol mail both fell over, as did a few banks and store payment systems....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Same here. I have 15,000+ dragons and yet was able to custom sort with no difficulty -- only a few seconds for them to become moveable. So I'm not sure what the issue is for you, but it does not seem to be a site-wide issue.

@Su_Halcon - you could try running a ping test and see where the holdup is ? It could be your provider; mine once completely blocked a forum I am on by accident.

Why is there always more people searching in the volcano and alpine biomes? I've always wondered.