Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just now, Diggie said:

Have you unlocked them in the encyclopedia?

Oh, I didn’t know we had to in order to see them, thank you. What a weird mechanism though. 

16 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Are Sunset dragons not available from the market?

No, sadly they're not.  I know there's been a suggestion to add them but I think some of the issue is that sunset and sunrise dragons have the same egg and the time it hatches controls which it is--people would possibly get confused by it and there might be some technical issue in how they would be listed in the marketplace.

On 12/30/2023 at 1:24 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

@Sashimi You seem, at a quick glance, to be missing: Abyss Watcher, Astrael, Incense, Vermeil and Xocoatl. Hang on - and Ushgorns.

I must have got one wrong somewhere as that's too many.

I've been doing some research and now I'm only missing Abyss Watcher and still only 331/335 breeds - I think the different Undead "types" count as different breeds as well and all of those I don't have.

They don't count as separate breeds. I have the full 332 breeds (where did 335 come from ? there are only 332 - so your stats make sense.) And I don't have anywhere hear all the undeads. A mate of mine I THINK has all of them and certainly has many more than I do - and she also has 332 breeds in total.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

So I'm a bit confused about someone's request in the Trading Hub, what does "Clean lineage s2" mean? I thought it meant a 2G dragon, but everything I thought fit the bill got declined.

Clean lineage sounds like a perfect checker/staircase/stairstep without inbreeding (maybe even a purebred), while s2 means a mature/stage two hatchling.

13 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

So I'm a bit confused about someone's request in the Trading Hub, what does "Clean lineage s2" mean? I thought it meant a 2G dragon, but everything I thought fit the bill got declined.

Edited by euphoric_poptarts

4 minutes ago, euphoric_poptarts said:

Clean lineage sounds like a perfect checker/staircase/stairstep without inbreeding (maybe even a purebred), while s2 means a mature/stage two hatchling.

Ah, s2 means stage 2, that makes sense; I don't have anything like that on hand, so I'll have to give up on the trade unless I get really lucky.

Thank you for the quick response.

Is there an easier way of finding a certain type of dragon on another user's scroll? I assume named ones are in order after unnamed, but it takes awhile just to locate the right breed for an exchange.

30 minutes ago, requiesticat said:

there an easier way of finding a certain type of dragon on another user's scroll?

Sadly, no, as all scrolls are different, but ... if you get used to the order for the default scroll options, that can help. That said, any scroll with a custom sort, like mine, is well nigh impossible to find a particular breed in (I even have trouble sometimes and I'm the one that put them there. XD ).

Edited by Lagie
typo

8 hours ago, requiesticat said:

Is there an easier way of finding a certain type of dragon on another user's scroll? I assume named ones are in order after unnamed, but it takes awhile just to locate the right breed for an exchange.

No. But we all organise our scrolls differently - named can be mixed in with unnamed; mine is completely custom, others are by breed, or rainbow or age - all sorts.

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

Sadly, no, as all scrolls are different, but ... if you get used to the order for the default scroll options, that can help. That said, any scroll with a custom sort, like mine, is well nigh impossible to find a particular breed in (I even have trouble sometimes and I'm the one that put them there. XD ).

I can't agree that it's sad. Being able to would increase the potential to  harass other players to breed. You're looking for something for an exchange - ask the other player.

I know for sure that one of my eggs was in a time bracket that it should've showed up in the AP bottom row to be picked up with time to spare... It had eventually reached and gone well past the low times. But looks like it has died without getting any views other than maybe my own. Well, I can't quite remember if I had abandoned it with 1 or 0 views. But would this mean that the egg got actually picked up but just forgotten in someone's scroll?

A disclaimer, I don't care what people do to anything I abandoned. None of my business. I have no intention or desire to bother anyone. I was just following if this egg even had a chance to be picked up or not due to a bad timing and a crowded ER row. I'm wondering if I understand the AP countdown "triage" and this situation correctly or not.

That does happen. Sometimes people forget - or occasionally something else happens, like a power cut. And of course VERY new players sometimes don't actually know that they have to do anything other than pick up.... (and before someone says "don't be silly" I am a mentor and I have more than once had to explain this to people who say "oh my egg died - WHY ?"....)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Im an old player and occasionally come back to dead eggs because I apparently forgot to place them in hatcheries. :(

6 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Im an old player and occasionally come back to dead eggs because I apparently forgot to place them in hatcheries. :(

I fogged a siyat, planning to turn it purple... and forgot about it. :( And I've been playing since 2009.

I always forget the sequence here, would appreciate a jog of my memory.

On February 7, I forgot about February 8 and Valentines week starting, so I bred this egg and abandoned it. At some point during the festivities, I checked on the egg and saw that it was low time and began to be concerned whether it would be picked up. I thought maybe I would give it a better chance if it was a hatchling, so I tossed it into a hatchery. It grew up wild (or it was picked up and released to wild, but I have a feeling it grew up wild.) 

Is there technically no way to prevent hatchlings like this from growing up wild, if they have been added to a hatchery? I would assume that if it had not been in any hatcheries -- if I could have hatched it myself and then released the hatchling myself to the AP after removing it from all hatcheries, I assume that is the way that people can pick it up in the AP and it won't "grow up in the AP" wild? This has been discussed before, but I can't remember the answer.

No, there's no way. The timer operates wherever the creature is, and if it's getting views, growth will continue. And  hatchies tossed to the AP can also grow up wild, though it;'s unusual. Not all hatchies get picked up.

No, they can grow up in ap. The way that people save low time ap eggs is only add them into Silvi's Lair and remove it after hatch, so they won't have enough view to grow up, just sit there until their TOD drop down to ap time and got picked.

Edited by D-wing

But they don't always get picked. I tried to keep one of mine I needed alive while I hoped someone would catch and return it - it grew up without being picked up, and it's wild.

https://dragcave.net/view/Q9eu2

I found a strange glitch in that I am not able to name a dragon despite the name seemingly being legal and not taken.

This little girl https://dragcave.net/lineage/pvItK is supposed to be named

Sakuhana CXCII the Messy

But the name disappears on writing it in - even when adding one, two or even three additional spaces after CXCII

When I check via https://dragcave.net/view/n/Sakuhana CXCII the Messy

I get "You can’t seem to find the dragon you’re looking for."

"Sakuhana CXCI the Messy" or ""Sakuhana CXCIII the Messy" work without problems, but the dragon obviously is a 192th generation, so I need the CXCII there XD

Interestingly, Sakuhana CXCII ze Messy or Sakuhana CXCII la Messy work, but "CXCII the Messy" or "CXCII the" don't - so it appears as if the string

CXCII the

poses some problem when naming.

Any one who could enlighten me there?

32 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Interestingly, Sakuhana CXCII ze Messy or Sakuhana CXCII la Messy work, but "CXCII the Messy" or "CXCII the" don't - so it appears as if the string

CXCII the

poses some problem when naming.

Any one who could enlighten me there?

"ciit" bears resemblance to another filtered word, and for whatever reason the filter is extremely harsh with that word specifically. I've been hit by it too many times 😔

@Arcy

Oh, I see! This makes sense. Thanks! Then I shall name the kid "Sakuhana CXCII ze Messy" even though it ruins the Messy surname nomenclature of mine ^^

On 2/17/2024 at 2:13 AM, missy_ said:

I always forget the sequence here, would appreciate a jog of my memory.

On February 7, I forgot about February 8 and Valentines week starting, so I bred this egg and abandoned it. At some point during the festivities, I checked on the egg and saw that it was low time and began to be concerned whether it would be picked up. I thought maybe I would give it a better chance if it was a hatchling, so I tossed it into a hatchery. It grew up wild (or it was picked up and released to wild, but I have a feeling it grew up wild.) 

Is there technically no way to prevent hatchlings like this from growing up wild, if they have been added to a hatchery? I would assume that if it had not been in any hatcheries -- if I could have hatched it myself and then released the hatchling myself to the AP after removing it from all hatcheries, I assume that is the way that people can pick it up in the AP and it won't "grow up in the AP" wild? This has been discussed before, but I can't remember the answer.

Thank you for the answers I received, but I am still not following. Do I need to remove a hatchling from all hatcheries in order for it to be able to be picked up in the AP by another player, or does it need to be inserted into a hatchery before it is abandoned to the AP in order to be picked up by another player?

I don't remember the circumstances which cause hatchlings in the AP to grow up wild.

Thanks!