Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Wolfsong442 said:

Yeah, lawl. By the time I see an egg I want and find the dragon in the encyclopedia to see if I have it or not, the egg is gone!

Honestly in those cases best bet is just to grab the egg--if you don't need it, you can just dump it later (or if it was AP right away). and if you do need it you've hopefully snagged it.

I've just noticed I can no longer give my dragons a view. I have always been able to click them and get a (1) and now they all stay at zero looks. Is this new or a glitch? I really hate seeing a zero there. Is there a site that guarantees clicks? I usually just use Silvi's because it's wonderful and In more than a decade have never had a single problem there with a single egg. But you don't get views unless someone feels like clicking on you.

1 hour ago, saltywench said:

Is there a site that guarantees clicks?

Daily Dragon Fix is based on clicking a minimum number of dragons (20) every day in order to keep your own dragons listed there.

5 hours ago, saltywench said:

I've just noticed I can no longer give my dragons a view. I have always been able to click them and get a (1) and now they all stay at zero looks. Is this new or a glitch? I really hate seeing a zero there. Is there a site that guarantees clicks? I usually just use Silvi's because it's wonderful and In more than a decade have never had a single problem there with a single egg. But you don't get views unless someone feels like clicking on you.

This bothers me too but I've found it's inconsistent when I can give my own eggs clicks and when I can't. For example, I bred 6 eggs earlier today and realized nothing I had done to them counted as a click, so I went down the list and clicked each one, then refreshed my scroll page. 3 of them now show 1 click (as well as my 2 other eggs from the other day), and 3 don't. I thought it was something I was doing "wrong" but these should have behaved identically to each other. The only thing I can add is that sometimes waiting a while (a day? I haven't kept track) and then trying to click them again sometimes works.

Edit: I tried again just now and the clicks registered. It's been 7 hours since I bred them, so not a full day at all.

Edited by GhostMouse

You might also try view scroll when not logged in or using a different browser to turn that zero click into one.

I can see some old topics in dragon request forum.

Yet they're all done with the description and sprites, some of them are not released.

Why is TJ not releasing new dragons recently?

1 hour ago, idontknowmynamelmao said:

I can see some old topics in dragon request forum.

Yet they're all done with the description and sprites, some of them are not released.

Why is TJ not releasing new dragons recently?

Dragon releases happen more or less once a month, with a few usual exceptions (also assuming TJ has time to release them--if something comes up a release may be delayed or skipped entirely).

October, December, and February usually only have a special release that isn't ever going to be found on the dragon release subforum made specially for the 3 holiday events celebrated in the game.

It's also not uncommon for Noveber and January to skip releases as they're amidst the holiday period for the game.  These months have had releases in the past, however, so skipping them is not guaranteed.  (IIRC, there's also been at least one instance of a non-holiday dragon also releasing in the same month as a holiday but that's more of an outlier, at least according to the pattern for a while now).

We just had a holiday release on the 14th of this month which means no normal release this month, so the next normal release should be in March.

Also not all of the "completed" ones are accepted for release.

11 hours ago, KageSora said:

the next normal release

also these are usually the fourth Sunday of the month. it can get interesting when there's 5 sundays in a month.

And every now and again it happens on a Monday...

3 hours ago, trystan said:

also these are usually the fourth Sunday of the month. it can get interesting when there's 5 sundays in a month.

For now, at least.  That hasn't always been the case.  Heck, it hasn't always been the case that they're weekend releases!

Usually a safe bet that it'll be later in the month though, yeah.

12 minutes ago, KageSora said:

For now, at least.  That hasn't always been the case.  Heck, it hasn't always been the case that they're weekend releases!

exactly.

i do remember a monday release, as fuzz pointed out.

The birthday release in May is always on the same date (the 20th, I believe?), but other than that, they usually follow the late-month Sunday pattern!

I have a question about this:

Screenshot_20240228-131010_Brave.thumb.jpg.36d8f620fe8ea703b48ddd0aa2bf5ce0.jpg

Screenshot_20240228-131444_Brave.thumb.jpg.72f71d8350f207dbf2d236d48fbda5f8.jpg

I have a different user name here on the forums and on the main site, so how would that work? Would I be able to keep both, or would one (presumably the forum username?) be overwritten by the other?

5 hours ago, Aleoleo said:

I have a question about this:

Screenshot_20240228-131010_Brave.thumb.jpg.36d8f620fe8ea703b48ddd0aa2bf5ce0.jpg

Screenshot_20240228-131444_Brave.thumb.jpg.72f71d8350f207dbf2d236d48fbda5f8.jpg

I have a different user name here on the forums and on the main site, so how would that work? Would I be able to keep both, or would one (presumably the forum username?) be overwritten by the other?

Please ignore this if I'm not understanding the question, but you would be able to keep both. There's plenty of people whose scroll name =/= forum name, there's many in this thread!

I think that if you log in through Dragon Cave itself, your username will automatically be changed. I'm not certain though as it's been a while since I synced my scroll and forum. If you don't do that, though, you can certainly have different usernames.

32 minutes ago, Cheesecake_Raccoon said:

Please ignore this if I'm not understanding the question, but you would be able to keep both. There's plenty of people whose scroll name =/= forum name, there's many in this thread!

Here's the thread where it was announced

Thanks for the replies!

5 hours ago, euphoric_poptarts said:

I think that if you log in through Dragon Cave itself, your username will automatically be changed. I'm not certain though as it's been a while since I synced my scroll and forum. If you don't do that, though, you can certainly have different usernames.

That would be my guess as well. I just won't do it then!

This might sound a bit silly, but how do you create a signature on the profile? 

How I usally edit my pfp is account->account settings -> edit profile.

Why can't I see the signature sign?

56 minutes ago, idontknowmynamelmao said:

This might sound a bit silly, but how do you create a signature on the profile? 

How I usally edit my pfp is account->account settings -> edit profile.

Why can't I see the signature sign?

Edit profile is where you'd logically go!  But that's not actually where it is, for some reason (no clue why, it's likely not something TJ can chance since I assume it's part of the forum software).

Anyways what you want is to click on account, account settings, then look for the "settings area" option--that should open a menu that has "signature" as one of the choices.  Click that to edit it.

I always have to poke around to remember where it is, myself.

image.png.c65280bca173a89cec9b1f89d87bcc26.png and then image.png.efdd18e943785b12c55275e6b538230c.png

Do Pargulus eggs sort by the color they will become? Under the adults of that color?

I know I am sounding stupid but how do I add a banner to my thingie? (Not sure what to call it) I have several I am part of like the "Hope" dragons but have no idea how add the banners. Yes, yes I am truly computer illiterate. 😵

52 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Do Pargulus eggs sort by the color they will become? Under the adults of that color?

From my experience, they do! Both bred and CB.