Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 minutes ago, Shinorin said:

Newbie here. Why are some eggs really small?

Those are "pygmy" eggs!  Dragons are divided into 4 major categories, "regular", "two-headed", "drake", and "pygmy".  Each categiry can only breed with other dragons in it's own category (so you can't breed a regular dragon with a two-headed dragon or a two-headed dragon with a drake, for example).  Each individual species of dragon will belong to one major category.  So, you won't get both a regular Magi dragon and a Pygmy Magi dragon, there's just the one.  (Sole exception:  Recently released "Delta" dragons have a special, unique ability to change between "regular" and "pygmy" once per 7 days if the player wishes to use the ability.  No other dragon has the ability to change form across major categories).

Regular dragon's have the normal sized eggs, and so do two-headed dragons.  Drake eggs are slightly smaller, and pygmy eggs are tiny.

8 minutes ago, Shinorin said:

Newbie here. Why are some eggs really small?

The really small eggs produce the really small dragon breeds known as pygmies.  Aside from Deltas, pygmies are distinct breeds from their larger cousins.  

Posted (edited)

So, uh... did the naming system get stricter or something like that? Because I swear before if I like say want to name a dragon 'face your fear' and the first name was taken, I could do something like Face Your Fear, FACE YOUR FEAR, or something like face your FEAR.

But now I can't and if I want that name I gotta to add a letter or so to it. (it doesn't bother me, I just been wondering for awhile.)

Or is there so many people trying to name their dragons stuff that those names are taken?

edit: Thanks, @trystan.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Or is there so many people trying to name their dragons stuff that those names are taken?

this.

i named several of my dragons from the lines of the Litany of Fear*, and some of those phrases were already taken, so i added some spaces or took some out, if it seemed to work.

*starts with the Hellfire 'I Must  Not Fear' (yep, extra space in that one.)

edit: you're welcome, @Lady Dragoon :) 

Edited by trystan

I'm pretty sure the naming system was never case-sensitive?  If it ever was then it changed years ago because for many years now if I wanted to change the case on a name I had to add/remove a letter first then rename it with the correct name case

58 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I'm pretty sure the naming system was never case-sensitive?  

you're correct. i just tested it on one of my dragons, replacing any capital letters with lowercase letters, and it took me to the same dragon.

About Shumogas.

If you EQ an egg and it is unaffected (doesn't hatch) do you still get a wild one - as it works with green cantors ?

Oh rats. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

About Shumogas.

If you EQ an egg and it is unaffected (doesn't hatch) do you still get a wild one - as it works with green cantors ?

The kill option has worked for me, eq never did anything. I wait until the egg is on the final stage and then use kill.

Edited by Elery.

Oh sure - I just wondered if I did either one and the egg was unaffected, whether I had to do it again ! Clearly I do.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh sure - I just wondered if I did either one and the egg was unaffected, whether I had to do it again ! Clearly I do.

Yeah I have two tame Shumogas on my scroll that survived a full eleven-earthquake barrage, I was very frustrated!

Posted (edited)

Can hatchies gender/reach S2 while stunned? During the 2 days when the stun effect is active, I mean.

Edit: figured it out! They do gender, even while stunned...

Edited by Aleoleo

Does anyone have a 2023 April Fool’s Mint I can view?

My Mint is supposed to be upside down, but it shows up as a regular Mint.

The other years show up as upside down, so I’m guessing it’s a bug or a glitch?

It’s possible you picked the “say nothing” option last year and won a regular mint. That outcome still has the “Cave” biome but isn’t flipped. 

4 hours ago, trystan said:

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Stromboli said:

It’s possible you picked the “say nothing” option last year and won a regular mint. That outcome still has the “Cave” biome but isn’t flipped. 

Mm, I think you’re right. That’s a shame. Thanks for your help!

15 minutes ago, Solaries said:

Thank you!

you're quite welcome.

hint to get future upside-down mints - blame the other person XD 

WEIRD question here.

I have a scrolling wheel on my mouse.

It works fine on EVERY cave page except my actual main scroll; it;'s fine for the BSA page, the breeding page - every page but MY page Even my page with ALL my dragons in a group sorted by breed. Even https://dragcave.net/user/flurp. But not my "dragons" page. Am I alone here ? (I mean - I'd assume it's my mouse except that this is the ONLY page on the whole of the internet that is acting this way.)

38 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Am I alone here ?

I can't answer that in general, but mine works on the "dragons" page. The only thing I have found is that if I leave the page and then come back I have to click somewhere on the page before it will work. But that is for any page, not just that one.

46 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

WEIRD question here.

I have a scrolling wheel on my mouse.

It works fine on EVERY cave page except my actual main scroll; it;'s fine for the BSA page, the breeding page - every page but MY page Even my page with ALL my dragons in a group sorted by breed. Even https://dragcave.net/user/flurp. But not my "dragons" page. Am I alone here ? (I mean - I'd assume it's my mouse except that this is the ONLY page on the whole of the internet that is acting this way.)

Works for me...

Posted (edited)

question - not mine. but for Lagie - she can't access her scroll or the forums (via phone) without getting a message:

:excl: (it's red though)

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from dragcave.net (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards.)

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

and the screenshot shows an option to Reload or a link for Advanced.  and clicking on the Advanced gave her more info, but didn't ask something like "are you sure?" and offer a link to continue to the pages.

is anyone getting this?

@TJ09, any thoughts?

Edited by trystan

Hm, I'm not getting that on either mobile or desktop...  Sometimes I've run into that with sites I know are safe, though, and it clears up on it's own eventually?

9 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Hm, I'm not getting that on either mobile or desktop...  Sometimes I've run into that with sites I know are safe, though, and it clears up on it's own eventually?

thanks, i'll let her know.