Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

40 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Thank you for the answers I received, but I am still not following. Do I need to remove a hatchling from all hatcheries in order for it to be able to be picked up in the AP by another player, or does it need to be inserted into a hatchery before it is abandoned to the AP in order to be picked up by another player?

Remove all if you can. If they have enough view to grow up before someone get it, they will grow up and become wild dragons. If their view > 4000, I guess 90% they will grow up at 4D0H (not sure if heavy-duty breeds) and if AP is <4D then no one could get them before they grow up.

FYR: According to my s1 undead, I guess if a hatch <2000 view and <200 uv, theoretically they could sit in AP until died. My lowest view/uv dragon has 1995 views and 249 uv, use 6D to hatch and 7D to grow up.

40 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I don't remember the circumstances which cause hatchlings in the AP to grow up wild.

Enough grow up status and 1 view after 4D0H. So still have some special cases but not very related so I'll skip them.

Edited by D-wing

On 2/17/2024 at 10:50 AM, D-wing said:

No, they can grow up in ap. The way that people save low time ap eggs is only add them into Silvi's Lair and remove it after hatch, so they won't have enough view to grow up, just sit there until their TOD drop down to ap time and got picked.

Just to clarify, do you mean picking the eggs up on a scroll, hatching them, removing them from sites, then dumping them back?

It doesn't appear to be possible to get any AP babies ever out of the grow sites, so if the AP continues at >4d they're just gonna grow up wild no matter what, correct?

In case they manage to gain enough views during their AP time, that is.

Edited by Platykwak

3 hours ago, Platykwak said:

Just to clarify, do you mean picking the eggs up on a scroll, hatching them, removing them from sites, then dumping them back?

Yes the safty method, but I guess some people might just add the ap egg into Silvi's Lair / AoND / FART by code, wait until they have a big hole -> pick and hatch, remove and throw back, so we could saw some egg cracking in ap(?)

It doesn't appear to be possible to get any AP babies ever out of the grow sites

I just double chack again and found I remembered something wrong, so yes, I guess no method when they leave someone's scroll? Let me know if I'm wrong again.

so if the AP continues at >4d they're just gonna grow up wild no matter what, correct?

In case they manage to gain enough views during their AP time, that is.

I'm not 100% know how the mechanism works (such as stunned), so it's only my observations, just for reference.

Theoretically if they didn't get any view at 4D0H or after, they could continue to sit there. But normally it's impossible, unless you purposely fog a dragon which has enough views until it lower than AP times and then throw it into AP. The next one who give it a view (normally the next one who catch it) would let it grow, because browse some pages won't let it gein view. But, they could still gein views in other way, like click sites.

Edited by D-wing

Hey there, I havent been active on this site for a very long time and I am recently getting back into it. I read on the dragoncave wiki that the influence BSA now gaurantees an egg hatches as the influenced gender rather than just making it way more likely, is this true?

That is HUGE if so!!

12 minutes ago, JurassicAsh said:

Hey there, I havent been active on this site for a very long time and I am recently getting back into it. I read on the dragoncave wiki that the influence BSA now gaurantees an egg hatches as the influenced gender rather than just making it way more likely, is this true?

That is HUGE if so!!

Yes! This is true!

20 hours ago, Arcy said:

"ciit" bears resemblance to another filtered word, and for whatever reason the filter is extremely harsh with that word specifically. I've been hit by it too many times 😔

If you think that's annoying - I wanted to name one "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword..." Nothing doing !

Why is Discord telling me I have to change my username? I don't WANT to change my username.

10 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

Why is Discord telling me I have to change my username? I don't WANT to change my username.

That's not something to do with DC.

Discord made the decision a while ago to do away with their previous username system and now they're forcing people to pick new ones.   You'll be forced to pick an entirely unique username, no two users can have the same name.  So if somebody already snapped up your username you'll have to change it (and if you don't they'll change it for you).

Its a ridiculous choice, IMO, and they refused to listen to the backlash about it.

Yes - I once visited two discord sites and they are harassing me daily with prompts to change mu user name. Not that I know what I used.... But if anyone sees a user with my forum or scroll name - you will know that it is NOT me. I do know that I used something random, and I won't be going back there anyway.

Why did the thuwedkins hatch again???

I don't know if someone keeps adding the eggs to hatcheries, but wouldn't be better if TJ hid the codes?

Or did they hatch because of too many people seeing them in the thuwed page?

1 hour ago, Cinnamonear said:

Why did the thuwedkins hatch again???

I don't know if someone keeps adding the eggs to hatcheries, but wouldn't be better if TJ hid the codes?

Or did they hatch because of too many people seeing them in the thuwed page?

They got added in hatcheries which allow adding single codes without scrolls. Saddest part is that without a scroll, we can't get them out. 

They're basically guaranteed to be lost to the Wilderness, as has been customary for several events now. 

1 hour ago, Platykwak said:

They got added in hatcheries which allow adding single codes without scrolls. Saddest part is that without a scroll, we can't get them out. 

They're basically guaranteed to be lost to the Wilderness, as has been customary for several events now. 

Still have a little bit chance if they were hatch at yesterday. The egg wall is now on 14 Feb, so if people could clear the wall today, maybe the could be found before grow up. 

Right now, picking up dragons and naming them seems to be down or broken 😭 (not sure where to post this and don't want to spam so that's why I'm posting in here)

It seems to be down.  I can't get on any of the click sites either.  

Any action makes the site crash! Pretty sure TJ knows already so we j gotta chill

Back to the Discord thing. They told me I had to change it, but not how (or when). How does one do the thing?

1 hour ago, Library_gremlin said:

Back to the Discord thing. They told me I had to change it, but not how (or when). How does one do the thing?

It's under "account" and "username", then you can edit it.  If you don't change it by March 4th, 2024 they'll change it for you to something else.  They claim they'll try to make it as close to your current name as possible so it'll probably be something like "current name with random numbers after it" (WHY that's somehow good but their previous system was in need of change I'll never understand)

On 2/18/2024 at 4:27 AM, D-wing said:

Remove all if you can. If they have enough view to grow up before someone get it, they will grow up and become wild dragons.

Is the only way to prevent them from growing up wild to remove them from all hatcheries before releasing the hatchling into the AP?

31 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Is the only way to prevent them from growing up wild to remove them from all hatcheries before releasing the hatchling into the AP?

Yes if they're in clicksites, unless we can remove something not in your scroll in the future.

5 hours ago, KageSora said:

It's under "account" and "username", then you can edit it.  If you don't change it by March 4th, 2024 they'll change it for you to something else.  They claim they'll try to make it as close to your current name as possible so it'll probably be something like "current name with random numbers after it" (WHY that's somehow good but their previous system was in need of change I'll never understand)

Gahhhh. Thank you. 

6 hours ago, D-wing said:

Yes if they're in clicksites, unless we can remove something not in your scroll in the future.

Which should NEVER be allowed. People are already doing it to whole scrolls in fan sites as it is.

4 hours ago, Library_gremlin said:

Gahhhh. Thank you. 

You're welcome!  I had the email they sent me about it handy for reference!

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Which should NEVER be allowed. People are already doing it to whole scrolls in fan sites as it is.

Bad guys would exploit all vulnerabilities, so I'm not trying to suggest the owners make it become reality. : p But I guess it cause less harm than someone add them to sites and if only 1-2 have that mechanism, people could choosing another sites to avoid. But of course, things that leaving someone scroll means they lost the control of the dragon, so reasonable not to allow. : P

Edited by D-wing

My dragon is in several hatcheries but is not getting any views/click, it has been in for half a day, it is not the first one i have had this problem with. Any idea why they aren't gaining any?

1 minute ago, AngelsSin said:

My dragon is in several hatcheries but is not getting any views/click, it has been in for half a day, it is not the first one i have had this problem with. Any idea why they aren't gaining any?

Are your dragons hidden on your scroll?