Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

No and others i have in sites have no issues the only ones i have issues with are ones that are er and i am trying to grow them up

Edited by AngelsSin

OV's (overall views) are limited to 15x the number of UV's (unique views). Are they capped out?

Edit: have you stunned the hatchling? 

Edited by Dragongirl141998

@AngelsSin

I only see one thing on your scroll that is at er time (4 days), which is the gold s2 hatchling. 

I wanted to see if it really wasn't gaining views, so I set in FART for a little (since it says you are accepting aid), and it really doesn't gain any views. It's also not capped on overall views, so I have no clue what's going on! You should probably report it as a bug.

Edited by euphoric_poptarts

5 minutes ago, euphoric_poptarts said:

@AngelsSin

I only see one thing on your scroll that is at er time (4 days), which is the gold s2 hatchling. 

I wanted to see if it really wasn't gaining views, so I set in FART for a little (since it says you are accepting aid), and it really doesn't gain any views. It's also not capped on overall views, so I have no clue what's going on! You should probably report it as a bug.

It is actually at 1 day 18hrs

Where do i report it as a bug?

47 minutes ago, Dragongirl141998 said:

OV's (overall views) are limited to 15x the number of UV's (unique views). Are they capped out?

Edit: have you stunned the hatchling? 

Yes but stun is not supposed to prevent it from receiving views it is only supposed to give it an extra day of time.

Stun does stop hatchlings from receiving views. It adds 1 day to the "time until death" but it also prevents the hatchling from gaining views for 2 days.

ScreenShot2024-02-21at8_57_46PM.thumb.png.034809ebb0d2ce7bde96cd11571d5a5a.png

Edited by Stromboli

6 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Stun does stop hatchlings from receiving views. It adds 1 day to the "time until death" but it also prevents the hatchling from gaining views for 2 days.

ScreenShot2024-02-21at8_57_46PM.thumb.png.034809ebb0d2ce7bde96cd11571d5a5a.png

I don't know how i never noticed that. Has it always been that way?

I think so, yep! However, I believe the view restriction is removed early if the hatchling is Teleported or abandoned (though the extra day on the timer remains).

I did stun it myself. At least it should wear off before it runs out of time and dies.

Is anyone else experiencing issues abandoning eggs at the moment? I'm getting a site error when I try

There's an error in the Cave again; that error that prevents players from picking up eggs in the AP. Kind of bad timing, because the AP is full of new release eggs.

Just now, missy_ said:

There's an error in the Cave again; that error that prevents players from picking up eggs in the AP. Kind of bad timing, because the AP is full of new release eggs.

Also prevents me from dumping hatchlings.

3 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Kind of bad timing, because the AP is full of new release eggs.

Hopefully TJ will add the lost time to the eggs again!

12 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Hopefully TJ will add the lost time to the eggs again!

I hope he will notice the site is misbehaving!  He caught it really quickly last time.

ETA: It seems like it's working now. :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question, because I still do not fully understand this subject, sorry! :wacko:

if someone has put one of the new releases into Valley Sherwood and it hatches, (1) will that hatchling pop up at the front of the AP? and (2) will it at least have a chance of being grabbed? (3) Yes, it could grow up wild, but will it have a chance to get grabbed by someone?

Edited by missy_

9 hours ago, missy_ said:

if someone has put one of the new releases into Valley Sherwood and it hatches, (1) will that hatchling pop up at the front of the AP? and (2) will it at least have a chance of being grabbed? (3) Yes, it could grow up wild, but will it have a chance to get grabbed by someone?

(1) I think the main site is very accurate with status updates unlike hatch sites. The instant it grows up, its countdown changes to 7d and it gets thrown to the back of the queue. The countdown "triage" in the AP does not differentiate between hatchies and eggs, or give priority to hatchlings.

(2)(3) It's going to be risky when the AP time is anywhere below 4d. It either needs to reach the AP with insufficient views, or have the AP stabilize at 4d+ before the hatchie goes below 4d.

12 hours ago, missy_ said:

Just like what Platykwak said. But, there are a special situation for christmas and v-day NR catching in day2 and day3. Because every holiday egg will dead on 02 Jan and 22 Feb, if they hatched at 2D0H or less, very high chance they could got by someone because people don't need 24H to clean the hatchling wall. I guess all holiday hatch which hatched in the last 1-2 day before the event end could be grabbed too, means, if it NR catched on 25/14 and add them into site <1-2 days ToD, they still have chance to be grabbed.

ps. but I don't think NR catched D2/D3 need to put in any sites first, because after all past year eggs died, only them and hatchling left. Just wait and hatch them when they become blocker.

ps 02. only add them into DragHatch and AoND's ER(not the normal one) could increase their grabbed chances too because they will auto removed when hatch, so it will have chance no one give it the last view to grow before grabbed.

Edited by D-wing

How do you get your dragon concept on the "in-progress" dragon request list? Do you have to have a certain amount of progress or something?

I think it gets updated on occasion- it says it was just updated Monday. However, I do believe that you can PM a help moderator (like it says) and ask to be added. Of course, there probably has to be official sprites before any new additions.

SkyWolf (the forum mod) will occasionally check the queue to get in- oftentimes they will let a batch through, but there's a limit to how many concepts can be on the DR at once. Plus the initial post needs to make a certain standard, which you'll be notified of if it does not when Sky checks next.

So, it could just be that Sky hasn't checked the post yet or that the thread is currently full!

When you click on a limited holiday egg any you already have two CB of that breed, you get sent to a screen talking about holiday limits. Clicking this sends you to a list of that holiday's dragons and how many of each you have. Is there a hidden list like that for non limited, year round dragons? I just have so many dragons and am behind on so many releases, that I'd like to know which dragons I need without having to dig through my pages and pages of dragons.

Besides the encyclopedia, I don't believe there is. Using the encyclopedia, however, lets you see how many eggs, hatchlings, and adults of a breed you've had (including traded away, frozen, killed, abandoned, etc.).

Edited by euphoric_poptarts

6 minutes ago, euphoric_poptarts said:

Besides the encyclopedia, I don't believe there is. Using the encyclopedia, however, lets you see how many eggs, hatchlings, and adults of a breed you've had (including traded away, frozen, killed, abandoned, etc.).

That will be my goal then. Thank you!

the encyclopedia also tells you how many eggs, hatchies, and adults you have viewed.  there are some dragons I have none of, but since I've viewed them, it shows a number there - as well as unlocking the sprites on the encyclopedia and eggs in the market.

2 hours ago, Wolfsong442 said:

That will be my goal then. Thank you!

Keep in mind that the Encyclopedia is inaccurate for any dragons you obtained before it was added to the site--it did not retroactively account for dragons you had picked up, viewed, or owned prior to that.  It's stats are from the point of addition onwards.  So if you actually have some of a breed that you obtained before the features was added and have not obtained any since, it will probably say that you have owned "0" of them despite having some.  It was added in October of 2014, so outside of older breeds it's unlikely you'd run into an issue with it but it's something to be aware of anyway!

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

Keep in mind that the Encyclopedia is inaccurate for any dragons you obtained before it was added to the site--it did not retroactively account for dragons you had picked up, viewed, or owned prior to that.  It's stats are from the point of addition onwards.  So if you actually have some of a breed that you obtained before the features was added and have not obtained any since, it will probably say that you have owned "0" of them despite having some.  It was added in October of 2014, so outside of older breeds it's unlikely you'd run into an issue with it but it's something to be aware of anyway!

Yeah, lawl. By the time I see an egg I want and find the dragon in the encyclopedia to see if I have it or not, the egg is gone!