Pixxelation

Holiday Rereleases

either drop the holiday eggs incave in the biomes as common to uncommon whatever makes tj happy, or make a brand new biome just for the holidays.

No real need for a new biome. We have six already and frankly we don't need all six dropping the new holiday dragons, especially not on Valentine's and Christmas where everyone has a CB limit.

Simply use one or more of the existing biome to drop the old holidays, and clearly state which one drops what in the announcement.

No real need for a new biome. We have six already and frankly we don't need all six dropping the new holiday dragons, especially not on Valentine's and Christmas where everyone has a CB limit.

Simply use one or more of the existing biome to drop the old holidays, and clearly state which one drops what in the announcement.

I like this much better than adding a temp biome. Support.

Heck, I like that. That's the way the cave used to be after all! Not that I want to go back to that, lol, but it should do fine to drop rereleased Holiday eggs.

*cough* Copper breeding *cough*

If one or two biomes get used to re-release old holidays it should work out in a way that you could still get new holidays from that biome. Yes, I know each colour is bound to TWO biomes so it SHOULDN'T pose a problem - still thought I'd point it out.

Meh, getting overly-complicated. I'm liking this idea less and less the more I think about it.

:/

I strongly favor the store as the way to go.

Cheers!

C4.

It would be the easiest to let past CB holidays drop in all Cave Biomes the week the breeding is available and new holidays drop normally on the day/s they're meant to ☺

It would be the easiest to let past CB holidays drop in all Cave Biomes the week the breeding is available and new holidays drop normally on the day/s they're meant to ☺

Not on the same week if possible, please. We need egg space for the bred holidays. '0'

Not on the same week if possible, please. We need egg space for the bred holidays. '0'

Yes indeed; that was my immediate reaction too.

Well, having to choose between your existing breeding projects and adding new CBs was kind of the idea behind it. Or let's have old holiday dragons drop year-round so everyone can get as many of them as their scrolls can hold at their leisure. /sarcasm

*cough* Copper breeding *cough*

If one or two biomes get used to re-release old holidays it should work out in a way that you could still get new holidays from that biome. Yes, I know each colour is bound to TWO biomes so it SHOULDN'T pose a problem - still thought I'd point it out.

Make redropping holidays say "cave" like most of them originally were and that takes care of that problem.

I second that bumping. Re-releases would be beneficial for members, both old and new on so many levels. For one, newer users could create their own lineages without having to trade for them.

What are the two retrieved breeds?

Hmm? I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking in relation to this thread. Could you expand? ^^;;

It's been made clear by the shop thread that a lot of people want a way to obtain CB holidays in the years after their releases. It will definitely become necessary eventually, if we want to keep second gens in circulation, and it would be more encouraging to new players if all dragons are available to be obtained as CBs (except the two retired breeds) .

So, if we need some sort of solution, why not simply release them as uncommon drops in all biomes during the holiday breeding week three-or-so years after their original release? No complicated point-earning system. No need to invoke rapid change to DC's economy by assigning official values to things. It's a quick, easy solution that fits within the canon of when holidays breed.

Two-CBs-per-scroll would be maintained, should TJ be able to program that in (which I'm sure he can, given how awesome he is with programming). Not sure how Halloweens would work, but I'm sure something could be figured out.

Thoughts?

That is what I am talking about.

Edited by Pluviophillia

The two retired breeds are un-retired by now. They were the Bright Pinks (now called Arias) and Frills.

I don't much care for the idea of having the Holidays in the Biomes.

I do love the idea of getting the old Holidays via the Store.

Cheers!

C4.

Cheers!

C4.

Agreed. But if I had to choose between no re-release at all or an in-cave re-release, I'd rather have the latter than nothing. xd.png I'm a greedy hoarder collector. (Note to self: There is no such thing as hoarding on DC.)

as mentioned in another thread tj said that in order to get cb holidays back we lose multiclutches which i am fine with

reduce multiclutches to two eggs brilliant, just let us have cb holidays

I'd rather have the chance to get CB holidays than have multiclutches, a CB is worth so so much more than a 2g.

I think if this were to happen, it'd be at the cost of holiday multiclutches (at least, they'd be rarer or smaller on average). Right now, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of most event breeds during their season--perhaps the opposite, even; if more were to be made available as CBs, bred egg counts would have to drop correspondingly.

Quoting for original wording because people are talking about it, and I forget TJ ever posted this. xP

~

I would also be fine with this trade-off.

I would not mind this trade off as long as we were guaranteed one egg from bred Halloweens. I'd love to get one more CB pumpkin and a couple more marrows.

Cheers!

C4.

At this point, I think that the chances of having the Store available before Xmas are around 0%. Maybe 5% as a Xmas gift.

Still hoping for Holidays in the biomes then but not holding my breath.

I would also be fine with the tradeoff of fewer eggs in multiclutches in return for CBs. (although I do prefer the store, which probably would not need to change the mechanism, since the number of CBs introduced would be minimal in comparison to the number of bred eggs from existing dragons)

Edited by Pokemonfan13