Pixxelation

Holiday Rereleases

Agreed. I wouldn't mind if they started dropping in the cave, but not if this means they're going to be cause of more drama. Holidays are supposed to be a happy event, and holidays are stressful enough as they are already with preparing all dinners and stuff.

there would be competition for the eggs but it would also make things more interesting

there would be competition for the eggs but it would also make things more interesting

Lol, there would be competition among those with the fastest connections and the most time - all others need not apply themselves to the wasted effort, since they likely wouldn't even see them with slower refreshes.

Lol, there would be competition among those with the fastest connections and the most time - all others need not apply themselves to the wasted effort, since they likely wouldn't even see them with slower refreshes.

Yeah, I can just feel the competition running through my veins just now that I've spent about 4 hours trying to hunt for the bronze eggs. Watching at the same "opps, you didn't catch the egg" screenshot sure is interesting. xd.png

No, making them rare wouldn't cause competition. It'd cause drama.

Yeah, I can just feel the competition running through my veins just now that I've spent about 4 hours trying to hunt for the bronze eggs. Watching at the same "opps, you didn't catch the egg" screenshot sure is interesting. xd.png

No, making them rare wouldn't cause competition. It'd cause drama.

Seeing Sorry, this egg has already been taken by somebody else. fills me with such warmth and delight every single time, can't get enough of it! <3 <3 <3

Jokes aside, I agree with DragonNighthowler and Syphoneira, we have a bunch of rare dragons that make the game challenging already, Holidays should by no means be rares - no limited edition dragons should really be rare, only those that drop in the Cave throughout the whole year.

What about this ideas:

-When re-releasing the christmas/valentines, their CB-limits could be lifted and become mildly or barely uncommon; for example, the christmas dragon for this year, 2015, will have a CB limit of 2 per user, but the next year, if re-released, you can grab as much as you can.

-OR, in every re-release you can grab 2 CBs of every holiday dragon, while making them a bit less rare than uncommon, for example, this year, I get only 1 new-christmas, the next year I can grab 2 more, meaning I can get 3 at max, then the next year I can grab 2 more, so I can have between 3 (if I didnt grab anything last year) and 5 (if I filled myself last year) as max; and so on.

-The halloweens should be mildly or barely uncommon (this one is actually an opinion, not an idea).

It is very farfetched, but its just an idea...

Please, dont kill me...

Edited by pederino

Sorry, but the general user, including you and me, is too stupid to understand a "+2 (CB) every year" rule because it's maths. Thus, we cannot have something like it. (Unless TJ has changed his mind about dealing with the mathematically challenged.)

Apart from that, with these dragons being less than common and every user being able to grab 2 (or more for Halloweens), the competition will be awful anyway. Apart from that, even if you make all holiday breeds common, it will still be a challenge to grab your fill of the eggs you actually want - due to competition and the number of different breeds with mostly unfamiliar descriptions around.

I mean, how many Christmas dragons do we have? Holly, Yule, SA, RD, WM, WW, Solstice, Mistletoe - that's 8. And everyone and their grandmother will probably try for 2 hollies every year. xd.png We also have 7 Halloween breeds (if you include vamps) and 7 Valentine breeds, too. And the numbers will increase every year.

Edited by olympe

I could maybe get a CB Ribbon Dancer??? Angel?? Pumpkin??? Maybe even a CB Holly?!!??!!??!

O.O

Dreams I hadn't even dared to dream are awakening in my heart

Edited by Angelina Gienah

I could maybe get a CB Ribbon Dancer??? Angel?? Pumpkin??? Maybe even a CB Holly?!!??!!??!

O.O

Dreams I hadn't even dared to dream are awakening in my heart

always dare to dream

that's what it said on a fortune cookie....what a rip off THAT WASN'T A FORTUNE!

i really want a CB despiss and....ohmy.gif a shadow walker maybe or even a shadow walker did i mention i want a shadow walker?

or a radiant angel and a solace of the night and perhaps a grave or black marrow and cavern lurker

oh the dreams i dream how they gleam, never to come true

Edited by blockEdragon

I still don't get why Christmas and Valentines are only two CBs but Halloween is how ever many you want. Why not let people grab an entire scroll full of each?

I still don't get why Christmas and Valentines are only two CBs but Halloween is how ever many you want. Why not let people grab an entire scroll full of each?

to promote giving?

to make it less of a competition?

i don't know there really shouldn't be it should just drop one every time one is taken during floods to make things easier on everyone but they don't

Christmas celebrations emphasize generosity and the exchange of gifts. Valentines Day celebrations tend to venerate romantic love. Both holidays have a focus on other people and a spirit of giving.

Halloween is about rotting your teeth out with candy.

Pardon the off-topic response.

Thus, I can say this: Most of us seem toagree that getting old CB holidays back in some way or other is a desirable outcome. However, we also need to discuss which way this "re-release" is supposed to happen. A regular cave-drop?

Yes.

If so, common, uncommon or rare?

Common.

In all biomes or in a special, temporary biome? Maybe in the AP, along with the bred eggs? During the drop of the new dragons, the breeding period or after the new holiday release?

In a seperate biome(s) during the breeding period of the new holiday release (this is the time to get these type of dragons after all) - there could be 2-4 holiday biomes to divide the players among them and make the hunting less stressful. Not in the AP, because it would bother the AP hunters who are looking for lineages and not in regular biomes, because this would bother those players who don't collect AP'd holidays and just want to grab some regular Cave dragons for their scrolls.

An in-game shop? If so, how do we "pay" for the dragons we "buy"? Do we do it by regular playing activity, by playing (temporary?) mini-games (like the respective event games we usually get for a holiday event) or by paid-for currency, or maybe a combination?

I've always liked the idea of a in-game shop where players would get points by playing the game, maybe additionaly through minigames (only with a limited daily/weekly limit of how many points you could collect this way). So, why not - it could be an alternative to hunting for those with really poor connections (and all those trying to get a Holly who everyone and their dog will try to grab in the Cave xd.png). Definitely NO paid for currency or any combination of both, I'm very much against using real money in the game.

Some kind of raffle, where either everyone gets one random old CB egg or where a certain number of people gets to choose?

Meh, if you could catch dragons from the Cave, I see no need for a raffle. Not yes, but not no for this one.

Will there be limits? To the number of CB eggs you can have, to trading and/or abandoning?

Definitely limits of 2 CB's for Christmas and Valentine dragons, same rules for everyone, old and new players alike. As for Halloween dragons, I see no need for limits - let scroll limits and player's breeding plans do their job (I know for sure many will pass on a CB Shadow Walker to continue their 3rd gen checker). If someone wants to collect CB Marrows, by all means do so. tongue.gif

These are my thoughts on the matter. Make holiday re-releases fun, so everyone can enjoy it and create many more wonderful holiday lineages. cool.gif

Edited by stagazer_7

Love this concept and would love to see it implemented in some way smile.gif

I like both the idea of re-releasing them as uncommons during the events themselves and gaining/summoning them through some form of in-game points. If I had to pick one, I lean more towards the in-game points because it introduces a cool new mechanic to the game and adds something that can be played and enjoyed all year round. The in-game points system could also be used towards other "gaining things" ideas in the future.

As for scroll limits on the re-released holidays; Christmas and Valentines keep their 2 CB-per-scroll and no limit on Halloweens. Why? Because that's how it's always been, and that's how it is for everyone already.

A regular cave-drop? If so, common, uncommon or rare? In all biomes or in a special, temporary biome? Maybe in the AP, along with the bred eggs? During the drop of the new dragons, the breeding period or after the new holiday release?

I like this idea best... make them relatively common but since people can only have two CBs anyway, the competition shouldn't be tooooo terrible. Maybe even make them more common to drop they older they are (since more of us are likely to have the more recent releases).

I'd rather see them drop during breeding week in all biomes instead of only one biome or a special biome because of the biome breeding mechanics of other dragons that we are seeing more. Like, for me, I'm planning a Mageia lineage from Pyro/Desipis base so I would need Desipises from the Desert for that to work. This could also give users who do have existing CBs from the "wrong" biome a chance to swap (if they were so inclined).

The problem with that is still Halloween, where there are no limits. Unless the Halloweens drop as dirt-commons, there will be a lot of competition.

Yes, true. In my mind I was thinking any re-release halloweens would be subject to the 2 CB per scroll rule as well. You can still get as many as you can for the original release, but just two subsequently. I don't know if that is feasible or realistic or not.

Yes, true. In my mind I was thinking any re-release halloweens would be subject to the 2 CB per scroll rule as well. You can still get as many as you can for the original release, but just two subsequently. I don't know if that is feasible or realistic or not.

I think it could be fair enough... Still, it would be a chance to get any CBs after the initial release... Better than nothing, right?

Alternatively, maybe the limit of re-released CB Haloweens could be 4? It's not an infinite number but also the limit would be other than of the two other Holidays?

Also, Haloweens come in TWO genders in opposite to Chritmas and Valentines... That would make sense: 2x more genders->2x higher limit^^

Also... think of the refusals... if sb wanted a PB CB pair(they always look neat), and they happen to get a refusal, they're screwed^^; With limit of 4, one could have a chance to switch the mates and still get a PB egg or maybe even two (4 dragons can give 4(or3? forgot the maths^^; ) pairing combinations, while 2 only one... - ofc with 50%females 50%males).

It is not a problem for the other two holidays for being single-gendered, you always end up with 2x females / 2x males possible, and have a spare if some project of yours fails because of a refusal(hate you refusals BTW!).

Edited by VixenDra

You can only breed PB Halloweens during their breeding season, during which refusals are turned off (and also old refusals get reset, as long as there's a holiday dragon involved).

Seriously, though, as long as old Halloweens don't drop as uncommons or even rares, I think it would work. I'm just concerned about the suggested rarity of Halloweens, combined with the no-limits policy.

You can only breed PB Halloweens during their breeding season, during which refusals are turned off (and also old refusals get reset, as long as there's a holiday dragon involved).

Seriously, though, as long as old Halloweens don't drop as uncommons or even rares, I think it would work. I'm just concerned about the suggested rarity of Halloweens, combined with the no-limits policy.

Is that a 100% fact any holiday dragons can't refuse during their respective holiday breeding season?

If so, 2 is sufficient for me. I just need a pair per breed.

But how about another quite common goal of more than one CB pair? By other holidays one has 2 females or 2 males of a given breed(as it's impossible to get the other gender (sad.gif) ) but Halloweens come in both genders, so I still believe the limit should be twice of the other holidays^^ so there are still 2 females and 2 males possible as CBs. Though I wouldn't personally need it, that seems most reasonable^^

This would be so great!

I think limit of 2CB for the Halloween dragons would be good in this case.

I wouldn't like it if a limit would be added to holiday dragons without limit.

I think the solution would be that each biome would drop only 1 or 2 kinds of past halloween dragon 1 week before Halloween so they would flood all day without empty cave smile.gif

And if people wanted to hunt for lineaged ones they would still have the AP to go to.

I'm pretty sure Black Marrows and Shadow Walkers would need a whole biome for themselves since they are like most desired halloween dragons ☻

I would also be totally fine with them dropping like commons and we could still grab as many as we want laugh.gif . I would load up on Marrows and Graves like nobody's business biggrin.gif

Is that a 100% fact any holiday dragons can't refuse during their respective holiday breeding season?

Yes. If they refuse, that's a bug that needs reported to TJ.

I think there should be some sort of limit on old ones for halloweens, but something kinda high, like eight or ten?