Pixxelation

Holiday Rereleases

Yes, some people don't have enough dragons for this, but how many people need to trade 2Gs anyway? The AP is full of them.

And the AP is full of them precisely because there are multiclutches. There would not be nearly such good pickings in the AP if the dragons produced only one egg.

As for this:

I could grab 2 more Radiant Angels and end up with up to 4 CB RAs total(because I have 2 CB RAs now), while I could grab 2 Heartseekers and end up with up to 2 CB Heartseekers because I wasn't there to grab the initial 2 CBs.

No. One of the points for bringing CBs back is fairness. The people who feel the need to be "special," as you mentioned, will just have to be happy with what they have. What's wrong with users who already have their 2 not being able to catch more? New CBs will bring more offspring into the pool anyway.

Just my thoughts smile.gif

I absolutely agree. The limits should stay at whatever they are. Right now it's 2 CB. Even if we get the store or they drop in the AP (which I think is a bad idea, myself) - the 2 CB limit should stay unless it is lifted for everyone.

And yes, purplehaze - that is why we need multiclutches (I wish the AP were that full of 2 gens, mind. I have picked up so many new lines I'd really like to carry on, while looking for 2 gens of the ones I have started !)

If the shop can't come to fruition, I support this alternative too. Keep the breed limits per account and it'll all be fine.

Maybe have each breed set to specific locations so the cave wouldn't get stuck with eggs no one can claim (otherwise it'd keep people from getting the eggs they actually need and don't have), or have them alternate in set amounts of time.

Not sure if anyone has suggested this, but

Would it be possible to have the old dragons drop in rotation? Yule bucks this year, snow angels the next, etc? I'd personally like to see them all at once, but just offering another option.

Not sure if anyone has suggested this, but

Would it be possible to have the old dragons drop in rotation? Yule bucks this year, snow angels the next, etc? I'd personally like to see them all at once, but just offering another option.

If they drop in the cave a week before Christmas, I'd be all for it, but not during the actual day of Christmas because that's when the new release comes out.

I like the idea of them not being all available at once, but I think something in between "everything" and "one per year" is best. Maybe two or three old holiday breeds per holiday per year. Remember that each year we get new holiday breeds. One per year would just be a mess, with the increasing total.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I personally think that if they are going to be re-released - which many may know, I strongly opposed to it to being with - then it 'will have' to be released on the same day as the new release. Its not that hard to collect 4 eggs, even people with the basic scroll can certainly manage it.

Agreed. It works to release the two limited ones on the same day, but Halloween would need to be in the breed week. They simply cannot be released on the day without some strange feature, like having 7 egg slots for the new breed, and 7 more egg slots for the old ones. Just releasing them at the same time as the new one would lead to a horrible quandary of having to choose between collecting missed ones and getting the max of the new breed.

Agreed. It works to release the two limited ones on the same day, but Halloween would need to be in the breed week. They simply cannot be released on the day without some strange feature, like having 7 egg slots for the new breed, and 7 more egg slots for the old ones. Just releasing them at the same time as the new one would lead to a horrible quandary of having to choose between collecting missed ones and getting the max of the new breed.

*But you do get the option of getting the new breed in later years remember??? (Which is another reason why I think re-releasing past holiday breeds are ridiculous, but thats me and my opinion. Not matter what, I really don't see a blanket solution for all holidays.. )

Or if needed, during that time scroll/egg space doubles of your trophy level, people can then choose past breeds or the newer one. But thats pretty much pointless, and IMHO, would prefer if during the holiday period that scroll space increased anyway....

But thats another suggestion.

You get the option to get it again in later years, but again at the cost of that year's dragon. It's a zero sum game, where you can pick up past dragons, but only by planning on getting more of this years dragon in a future year, which means giving up on a future dragon. It's just ugly.

I think the idea to release old holidays during the breeding week is best. Because it gives you the same situation for each kind of holiday: Either take some old CB eggs and sacrifice the same amount of egg slots for bred eggs, or don't. In any case, it it a sacrifice, but not too much of one IMHO.

Of course, I'd also be very happy about raised CB limits (=>4, maybe) for old CB winter holidays / Vals. But that may just be me being greedy.

Of course, I'd also be very happy about raised CB limits (=>4, maybe) for old CB winter holidays / Vals. But that may just be me being greedy.

What if you could only take two each year that way it stays with the spirit of the original rule but doesn't exclude anyone.

Edited by blockEdragon

Well, that suggestion would be me being really greedy. Which I'd like to be, but don't quite dare. tongue.gif

I don't mind reduction of multi-clutches to a max of 3 in exchange for re-release of CB Holidays (esp Christmas & Valentine & keeping the 2 per scroll limit) - with the re-release in the Cave during the week before or week after the holiday.

I want to keep the multiclutches as big as possible UNLESS holidays will be able to breed true more than once a year. It's stillhard for me to fulfill my goals per breed within some relatively reasonable ttme without a reduction of the multicultch...

Also why limit of 2 CBs? There are many people who suggest higher CB limit. Why can't there be a nice golden middle of one being able to grab 2CBs per breed a year instead of 2CBs total?

Like if one was there for the original release of Hollies or Pumpkins thay can have their 2CBs AND get another 2 later if hehy wish (while still not makign it that difficult to others who have 0, let me remind you how the caves hardly move on the 2nd and 3rd day of the limited holiday drop), this way older players won't feel like sth was taken away from them(the can have more CBs than newer players) while new players aren't discriminated by being denied to get past holidays as CBs at all while sitll able to get some depending on how long they gonna play.

I'm okay with some limits but not just 2CBs total, please? 2CBs per breed per year would be sooo responsive to different playstyles and suggestions and wishes etc...

Edited by VixenDra

Unless TJ has changed his mind since then, a 2 CB per year option won't be an option. Two per year was suggested with the original raise the limits, and he shot it down. We kept trying to come up with a "no maths" option that wasn't "no limit", but nothing we came up with was acceptable.

His opinion might have changed since then, but at the time it seemed like anything that would have people asking the question "X has 12 ___s, and I can only get two. Why?" was a problem.

In reality, the scroll limits are probably enough of a limit. Even if people only want to collect one breed, they're limited in the number they can get. And different people will have different favorites.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Different people will have different favorites - and in December, everyone will go for hollies. xd.png

We could (once again) try to get TJ to agree to the rule of "only two eggs/growing hatchlings of each breed" rule, but I doubt it's going to fly this time.

We could (once again) try to get TJ to agree to the rule of "only two eggs/growing hatchlings of each breed" rule, but I doubt it's going to fly this time.

WHY ????

Thinks of all the lineages she breeds LOADS of when the right season rolls around. If I have lineages with rosebuds or whatever, you BET I will have 8-10 rosies growing on my scroll over Valentines if I get the chance smile.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

Everyone will go for Hollies the first year, then the trading value will drop, then things will balance out and people will start taking the dragons they most want to collect.

Still no support. Even as someone with 0 holidays.

Catching people's bred holidays was once one of my favorite things and everything would be thrown out of wack if there were rereleases.

Besides, it's sort of a reward for being active around that part of the year imo. I shouldn't be able to get all the holidays I missed after 6 years of being gone.

This would be amazing for those of us, like myself, who went on a hiatus for some time and then returned and enjoy collecting CBs.

It would also be amazing for those of us, again myself, who froze one of their CB Valentine/Winter holiday specimens because Back In The Day you couldn't get more than 2 even with breeding, and collecting the sprite was more important than having breeding fodder. Obviously, coming back now, I suddenly really regret that decision, as I could have bred ones frozen and an extra CB for possible breeding.

Valentine and Christmas dragons that should have limit of 2 CBs per scroll still - Valentine 09, Rosebud, Heartseeker, Arsani, Radiant Angel, Heartstealing, Mutamore, Soulstone; Yulebuck, Ribbon Dancer, Winter Magis, Wrapping Wing, Snow

Valentine and Christmas dragons that should have limit of 4 CBs per scroll - Sweetling (2 Pinks, 2 Blacks), Holly (2 Males, 2 Females), *Solstice (2 Colored, 2 Pale), *Mistletoe (2 Males, 2 Females), Aegis (2 Pacified, 2 Enraged)

* If chosen to make the other sprite version/gender CB

Christmas dragons that should have limit of 6 CBs per scroll - Snow Angel (2 White, 2 Gold, 2 tri-colored)

And Halloweens ~ as much as the scroll limit allows you to get ☺