Pixxelation

Holiday Rereleases

I would also be fine with the tradeoff of fewer eggs in multiclutches in return for CBs. (although I do prefer the store, which probably would not need to change the mechanism, since the number of CBs introduced would be minimal in comparison to the number of bred eggs from existing dragons)

Amen on the trade-off. Anything, just give us CBs.

I'm not even fighting for this, but I'll put in that I'd be fine with doing away multiclutches for this to be implemented.

Why do we need to do away with multi-clutches at all?

celestial breed monthly, can be found in cave at any time of year, are only a little uncommon, and multi-clutch almost every time they breed they often dominate the

AP and no one seems to care about it, and their just normal cave dragons!

but when holidays that only breed yearly are allowed to multi-clutch even though caveborns are present, suddenly its a problem? They only breed once a year, and its part of huge special event so i dont see the issue with making the holiday even better without a trade-off.

I dont see why there needs to be a trade off, ESPECIALLY for holidays!

Quoting for original wording because people are talking about it, and I forget TJ ever posted this. xP

~

I would also be fine with this trade-off.

Now this is something I'd happily sacrifice multiclutching for. It will be sad to miss this frenzy of grabbing eggs, but I'm sure people will still breed for others and release them if people have more CBs to work with. I would!

Agreed, there would still be people breeding specifically to drop to the AP even if multiclutches were removed altogether. Although I hope it would still give the occasional double.

And I don't see why the xmas and valentines would need to be changed, at least not much, given that everyone has CB limits. It is Halloween, starting off with more dragons, that would be a total glut if there were CBs added to the mix as well.

Why remove the multiclutches for the CBs-reavailability?

It would probably be enough to expand the holiday breeding season or make them rarely breed true all year round(=combine with another suggestion/s floating around) and/or change the mechanics of the holiday AP by either introducing 2 APs for holiday breeding periods and the problem will be solved without much sacrifice (if any if well combined?).

With good timing of the CB re-releases vs breeding periods, there would be no need to sacrifice multiclutching. simply the old breeds would probably need to be dropping before the breeding period starts, so they have time either to mature or at least hatch.

Problem solved probably?

(btw would there really be more holidays bred to AP if CBs are re-available? people already breed more than they can handle xd.png and this will be a growing problem every single year due to new breeds being released, re-availability of CBs shouldn't have such an impact, nowayday people simply breed their 2g dragons and higher instead of CBs they dont' have, not much of a difference for the AP I guess... it's the new breeds that make it lag with holiday eggs... you can't see them that much but they are taking people's scroll space)

Edited by VixenDra

well its what tj said, in order to gain something we have to lose something. its a trade off and a fair one at that. make multiclutches produce only two eggs, one for the breeder to keep and the other to go to the ap. and we get cb holidays back. its perfect

cb holidays are always going to be worth more than a bred holiday (NOT COUNTING SPRITERS ALTS AND THEIR 2G-3G OFFSPRING)

But for the most of us multiclutches are the only way to obtain 2nd gens from Alts, Prizes and other awesome dragons. I adore the AP during Holiday Events. And the only way to move forward with our lineages without trading for them. I've always considered multiclutches some form of a gift, a way to share something beautiful and precious with a 'lucky finder'.

I am against getting CB Holidays from anything other than the Store. I really feel (and I know that it might be a controversial view here, so please don't eat me alive) that it would be a bit unfair.

and what are the chances anyways of picking up the correct egg that is a second gen alt or second gen from a prize? pretty slim. so what cb holidays are worth more or equal to those and they would be made available to everyone instead of a select few. not a good enough reason for me

maybe CB holidays could be prizes for completing the events, to give people more reason to spend time playing them instead of just AP hunting

"congratulations you won EVENT select your prize egg"

*all previous holidays for the current season have their egg sprites displayed before you with their egg descriptions under the sprite*

you select, and then if you win the game a second time it displays "you have already selected a prize egg"

if their full up on eggs they could choose to either swap it out and abandon one of their current eggs or choose not to choose get their prize egg later in the holiday, by either doing the event again or just having the page remember them

(but if they dont get it before the end of breeding season they miss out)

-

and now lets say they do that event again and win, then they get "you have already picked your Christmas/Halloween/Valentines egg for this year".

the biome the eggs would be from could be called the "Event" biome and they could breed like dragons from the cave.

I feel this keeps CB holidays rarer and worth more but still allows them to be attainable

maybe CB holidays could be prizes for completing the events, to give people more reason to spend time playing them instead of just AP hunting

"congratulations you won EVENT select your prize egg"

*all previous holidays for the current season have their egg sprites displayed before you with their egg descriptions under the sprite*

you select, and then if you win the game a second time it displays "you have already selected a prize egg"

if their full up on eggs they could choose to either swap it out and abandon one of their current eggs or choose not to choose get their prize egg later in the holiday, by either doing the event again or just having the page remember them

(but if they dont get it before the end of breeding season they miss out)

-

and now lets say they do that event again and win, then they get "you have already picked your Christmas/Halloween/Valentines egg for this year".

the biome the eggs would be from could be called the "Event" biome and they could breed like dragons from the cave.

I feel this keeps CB holidays rarer and worth more but still allows them to be attainable

The way you phrased this, I assume you mean it like this (using the current event as am example):

You win the minesweeper game once, and can select one old holiday egg for your effort. However, you can only select one CB holiday per season. (One Halloween this event, one Winter in December, one Valentine's next February and a new Halloween next October.)

Personally, I think that's way too easy.

However, how about once you actually complete an event - or do so to some extent?

Like Halloween: You catch 50% of all treats. (Maybe a 2nd egg for 100%, considering that Halloweens have both genders and are usually dimorphic.) It takes effort and dedication, plus you're still very limited.

I'd like to mention that, as of this Christmas, we will be on our tenth Christmas breed. The chances of someone playing for an entire decade--a majority of the site's existence--is rather low, meaning very few people have access to all CBs, and those do have at least the first few are in fairly low number. It would be logical, in my opinion, to begin to make the original breeds' CBs accessible once more.

could we get tj to comment in here to see if he would be fine with reducing multiclutches to two eggs in a breeding and in return we get cb holidays back? or does he want only one egg in a breeding? or has he changed his mind about getting rid of multiclutches and we cna have both multiclutches and cb holidays together or does he want to get rid of something else in place of multiclutches?

it would be extremely helpful if he could let us know

Why remove the multiclutches for the CBs-reavailability?

Probably because of the sheer number of holidays this puts available. Seeing just how many Halloweens have been around this year, I'm a-okay with the trade-off. I don't see a need to double the amount of eggs available with our scroll limits. ^^

No support for removing multiclutches. For people like me who often forget about the holidays (I missed at least three holidays due to forgetfulness, which is why I have no Mistletoe or Desipis) and have no patience for holiday breeding, catching nice things from the AP and hatching them is the only thing to do to get any kind of trading fodder. And with how high trading prices are, especially around holidays, it's really difficult to get anything nice by trading.

Getting CB Holidays, if they do become available, should be really hard to get, but shouldn't impede multiclutches, because that's the main way that these nice eggs get shared.

No support for removing multiclutches. For people like me who often forget about the holidays (I missed at least three holidays due to forgetfulness, which is why I have no Mistletoe or Desipis) and have no patience for holiday breeding, catching nice things from the AP and hatching them is the only thing to do to get any kind of trading fodder. And with how high trading prices are, especially around holidays, it's really difficult to get anything nice by trading.

Getting CB Holidays, if they do become available, should be really hard to get, but shouldn't impede multiclutches, because that's the main way that these nice eggs get shared.

i think multiclutches should be reduced by two which is a good compromise

Absolutely. NO support for any reduction in multiclutches.

I'm sorry but if getting holiday CBs re-available is only possible if the multiclutches go, then we need a year-round breeding true implemented at the same time to somehow compensate the lack of multis - or not get the CBs re-released, srry.

With one breeding a year and no multiclutches one would produce only 1 egg from the given dragon a year which I'm strongly against of.

So either CBs AND year-round breeding or having what we've been having so far: no CBs but keeping the multiclutches. Srry, I can't support CBs if this would mean a given holiday dragon individual can produce max 1 egg of its holiday breed a year, HELL NO.

If removing or reducing multis(2? No, too few for me!-_-) is really the only way for TJ to agree for re-releasing CBs, and no year-round holidays breeding true is to be implemented at the same time in the place of the multis, then I'm protesting against CBs, period.

Unless he finds a better way to handle this without touching the multis.

Maybe there could be a limit of 2(or 1) CBs of the re-relased breed per year per scroll?

Anyway, I'm in favour of multis over CBs. Unless, as I said, this would be accompanied by introducing all year round breeding true for holidays to compensate for the multis while freeing the AP from the size of the backlog TJ seems to fear.

Agreed, multiclutches are the core of Holiday breedings for me. Asking for CB dragons of Holidays we weren't around yet is pushing it too far for me. I have no problem with some sort of 'winning', 'earning' or whatever past Holiday CBs, but let's not be greedy here. These dragons are special, because they are special, how else can I say this?

Sacrificing the ability to share the lineages people were working on for years with others and the thrill of searchnig the AP during the events is not what I'd like to see.

Personally, I feel like CB holiday dragons are dedication prizes, rewards for having remained here another year.

On top of that multiclutches being reduced or removed to place in this idea I think is just really really limiting. You'd basically be sacrificing really really extensive beautiful lineages (or at least some of the ease of making them) for having more lineage-less dragons. Multiclutches are integral to the persistence of holiday dragons.

I don't support this or the store giving Cb holidays.

Personally, I feel like CB holiday dragons are dedication prizes, rewards for having remained here another year.

On top of that multiclutches being reduced or removed to place in this idea I think is just really really limiting. You'd basically be sacrificing really really extensive beautiful lineages (or at least some of the ease of making them) for having more lineage-less dragons. Multiclutches are integral to the persistence of holiday dragons.

I don't support this or the store giving Cb holidays.

once again dragons SHOULD NOT BE A PRIZE OR A BADGE

we already have badges at the top of our scrolls showing hey we were here during this event and stuff

once again i must point out the prize dragons given out to only few players here. does anybody like that at all??? that no matter what the chances of them getting a cb prize dragon is out of their control?

and let me point out on the trading threads there are several people who missed out on the witchlights because they were sick or family stuff came up. are you (general you) really going to begrudge them the chance to get an awesome cb halloween dragon because waaaaah i want my halloween dragon to be special because i was there first? on the dragcave wikia it tells us that when tj released prize dragons for the second time there was a big waaaaaaaaah from the first prize owners because they felt like their prize dragons werent special anymore. sounds pretty selfish, childish and greedy huh?

fine dont want to give up mulitclutches then either suck it up and let people who dont have a cb holidays get them because fat chance of doing a lineage with hollies or yulebucks or heartseekers or val 09s, or as vixendra said give holidays the 0.00001% chance to breed their own kind of egg outside of their breeding season

CellyBean, that's.... really not a nice way to put it.

To be frank, while I'd love everyone to have CB old Holidays, releasing them in the Cave is NOT THE WAY TO DO IT. I will re-iterate: There are FAR too many ways this can be heavily abused and no way to check it without causing as many problems as it "solves".

The ideal solution would be the Trader's Canyon, or something similar to it that does NOT pit the "Haves" (those who have fast internet) against the "Have Nots" (those with slow internet / reflexes).

So no. I do NOT support this idea. But I do support some *other* way of getting old CB Holidays into the hands of everyone. And it has nothing to do with multi-clutches and everything to do with the extreme problems this specific idea would cause.

Cheers!

C4.

i understand it wasnt the nicest way to put it but it frustrates me when people keep saying that the holidays shouldnt be rereleased because they're like a prize or badge when honestly that is gamebreaking. something that the users here collect should not be a prize or a badge so that other people cant get it.

im fine with the store or rereleasing in cave i just want them to be available to everyone no matter what

fine dont want to give up mulitclutches then either suck it up and let people who dont have a cb holidays get them because fat chance of doing a lineage with hollies or yulebucks or heartseekers or val 09s, or as vixendra said give holidays the 0.00001% chance to breed their own kind of egg outside of their breeding season

Well, there are only a few holidays I don't have as CBs - hollies, yulebucks, Val '09s and pumpkins. Despite that (and a serious lack of real trading power in terms of rare stuff), I breed many of those in checkered lineages up to 6th gen right now. Without owning a single CB.

examples: red x val checker, 6th gen, Flamingo x Val '09 5th gen checker, Daydream x Val '09 5th gen, yule x white 6th gen, yule x black 5th gen and even a soon-to-be bred yule x Val '09 4th gen checker.

The chance is there, if only you try. It helps if you know which threads to look at (Special Release Offspring Gifting Group, anyone?) and stalk the AP during holiday events or a couple of days after a holiday-kin massbreed event. (Thanks to Sock for the latter!)