Pixxelation

Holiday Rereleases

There's no limit for the halloween release and they drop the entire day and everybody who participates in the release is able to get some. We're talking about having the older holidays flood the biomes basically to the point of being biomes blockers. If there's limits then guess what you're stuck with yulebucks or sweetlings blocking the biomes and no one can pick them up even though they may want to because of pointless inane limits

Fast clickers have scroll limits. The most eggs they can get at a time is 7 or less. With a 5 hour cooldown. These holidays are going to be common as almeralds or bolts. People will be able to get the holidays regardless of "fast clickers"

Edited by CellyBean

Since Aria and Frills came back I think it would be nice for everyone to be able to own all sprites there are, except Spriter's Alts of course~

user posted imageuser posted image(horrible color change to get my idea across)

If there comes to Valentine dragon re-release I think it would be fair for everyone to be able to own 4 CB Sweetlings (2 Pinks and 2 Blacks)

The egg for Black Sweetlings could just be re-colored to match hatchlings/adults.

I know they were a gift but many people lost eggs and dragons before even the rarest ones as Holidays and experience lag on daily basis~~

user posted image

Same for Christmas dragon Snow Angel - everyone entitled to own 6 CBs 2 of each version (gold, tri-colored, white-tipped) so all the drama and depression will loosen up in the community and the game will become a little more fair~

Or since we got the Aegis dragon that has 2 Sprites and we're only allowed to have 1 of each form ~ Change 1 CB of everyone's Sweetling into the color they don't have and make Snow Angels exception of 3 CBs per scroll~

But you know how being allowed only 1 CB Sprite is when it comes to refusals with irreplaceable mates. sigh

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

I agree with you on the snow angels we should be able to get all three colours

As for the sweetlings, weren't the black ones a gift for the users who experienced a glitch or something that made them lose their eggs? I think that's something that isn't as important as getting the limits gone and older cb holidays rereleased and the snow angels. Let's focus on the sweetlings once all the other stuff has finally been implemented into the game.

There's no point to the limits, theres no lore or rp reason for it. It limits all of us on how we can play the game and it is actually somewhat game breaking. Don't be satisfied with adequacy when it is possible to have better.

No limits, have the holidays drop in the biomes as super common to the point of being biome blockers. Everyone is able to grab some.

Have the stupid pointless inane limits, the holidays should drop as highly uncommons so they don't block the biomes because what's the point of having them drop as commons and be easy catching if you can only pick up two.

There's no point to the limits, theres no lore or rp reason for it. It limits all of us on how we can play the game and it is actually somewhat game breaking. Don't be satisfied with adequacy when it is possible to have better.

No limits, have the holidays drop in the biomes as super common to the point of being biome blockers. Everyone is able to grab some.

Have the stupid pointless inane limits, the holidays should drop as highly uncommons so they don't block the biomes because what's the point of having them drop as commons and be easy catching if you can only pick up two.

I for one greatly appreciate the limit at Christmas and I personally don't see the limits as game-breaking or even hurting my play.

I'm used to fighting with tons of others in the biomes to get all seven eggs at halloween and arranging the logistical nightmare that is trading for more. Halloween isn't really a family-oriented holiday outside from parents following their kids around ToTing, so it's not like time is especially pressed between a bunch of life things.

And thankfully it only happens once a year. I especially do not want a halloween situation to happen at Christmas, the time of year when my time - and that of others - is limited not only by a work and sleep cycle, but also by family gatherings, friend visits, shopping for gifts, and anything else the season entails. Lots of people go on vacation at christmas, too, and may have little to no internet access.

I am fine with holiday rereleases. But I do not think we need halloween three times a year - that's not something I even want.

I'd be in favor of a 2cb per year limit (catch 2cb yules one year, catch 2cb yules the next year, etc). That way new players and players who couldn't make it earlier on in the drops won't have to compete with players coming back for second, third, fourth batches, and it still remains easy to balance game and real life.

Since Aria and Frills came back I think it would be nice for everyone to be able to own all sprites there are, except Spriter's Alts of course~

If there comes to Valentine dragon re-release I think it would be fair for everyone to be able to own 4 CB Sweetlings (2 Pinks and 2 Blacks)

The egg for Black Sweetlings could just be re-colored to match hatchlings/adults.

I know they were a gift but many people lost eggs and dragons before even the rarest ones as Holidays and experience lag on daily basis~~

user posted image

Same for Christmas dragon Snow Angel - everyone entitled to own 6 CBs 2 of each version (gold, tri-colored, white-tipped) so all the drama and depression will loosen up in the community and the game will become a little more fair~

Or since we got the Aegis dragon that has 2 Sprites and we're only allowed to have 1 of each form ~ Change 1 CB of everyone's Sweetling into the color they don't have and make Snow Angels exception of 3 CBs per scroll~

But you know how being allowed only 1 CB Sprite is when it comes to refusals with irreplaceable mates. sigh

Interesting ideas, but I will just say that the scrolls are currently coded to have each scroll reflect one type of Snow Angel or Sweetling. It might be a lot of work to change that--and it wouldn't lessen the drama, imo, at least not if they suddenly start breeding like Nebulas or Gemshards. People would complain about not being able to get exactly the right wingtype they want, or whatever. I'm not exactly opposed to this but I'm just saying. You're not going to lessen drama by doing any of this, there will just be different drama. I also kind of object to your use of 'entitled'. This is a free game, we're not entitled to anything.

As for no limits, I agree that people should be able to pick up as many Halloween dragons as they can cram into their scrolls, but TJ has always given us a reason for the Christmas and Valentine's limits. Maybe that will change one day, but for now...

ETA: I also agree with Infinis, that I don't want to have insane amounts of things going on at Christmas time.

Edited by silver_chan

I for one greatly appreciate the limit at Christmas and I personally don't see the limits as game-breaking or even hurting my play.

I'm used to fighting with tons of others in the biomes to get all seven eggs at halloween and arranging the logistical nightmare that is trading for more. Halloween isn't really a family-oriented holiday outside from parents following their kids around ToTing, so it's not like time is especially pressed between a bunch of life things.

And thankfully it only happens once a year. I especially do not want a halloween situation to happen at Christmas, the time of year when my time - and that of others - is limited not only by a work and sleep cycle, but also by family gatherings, friend visits, shopping for gifts, and anything else the season entails. Lots of people go on vacation at christmas, too, and may have little to no internet access.

I am fine with holiday rereleases. But I do not think we need halloween three times a year - that's not something I even want.

I'd be in favor of a 2cb per year limit (catch 2cb yules one year, catch 2cb yules the next year, etc). That way new players and players who couldn't make it earlier on in the drops won't have to compete with players coming back for second, third, fourth batches, and it still remains easy to balance game and real life.

but dont the christmas and valentines day drops last for 3 days??? thats plenty of time to get eggs without a limiy

but dont the christmas and valentines day drops last for 3 days??? thats plenty of time to get eggs without a limiy

The three day time is to allow people to get on in between dealing with family things. I for one really appreciate being able to pop on for two seconds, grab my two eggs, and not worry about anything for the rest of the season. I have family going on--this year I'm going to have a reunion!--and it would just be too much. Also as for Valentine's day, I'll probably be doing something special with my girlfriend. I don't think she'd appreciate it too much if I said 'wait a sec hun, we can't go out to dinner yet I'm fighting with people on the internet to get eggs'

Edited by silver_chan

Yes, and in an unlimited situation, this hurts players who can't get there/didn't join sooner than the third day, because they will have to compete with players going back for a second batch. If you wanted to keep things fair, you'd have to reduce the days of drops to two, so people with none don't compete with people who are going back for more (because their first batches will hatch after the drops stop).

Of course that will cause drama and disappointment in itself. Christmas and Valentine drop for multiple days I'm pretty sure in part because of the limited time everyone has during those holidays; Halloween is not a big real-life time consumer.

Yes, and in an unlimited situation, this hurts players who can't get there/didn't join sooner than the third day, because they will have to compete with players going back for a second batch. If you wanted to keep things fair, you'd have to reduce the days of drops to two, so people with none don't compete with people who are going back for more (because their first batches will hatch after the drops stop).

Of course that will cause drama and disappointment in itself. Christmas and Valentine drop for multiple days I'm pretty sure in part because of the limited time everyone has during those holidays; Halloween is not a big real-life time consumer.

Exactly this. Wait till you have actually lived through a holiday, CellyBean, and then see how you feel. Especially in December when there is so much Real Life going on, and you will want to be playing the event as well as catch.

You've not tried it yet.

It really, really depends. For me, personally, those three days can be insanely busy. 2 children plus 2 sets of inlaws, 2 sets of grandparents and various other family members all clamoring for attention means those three days we're stretched pretty thin. The three day drop and the 2 CB limit ensures that, if I need to, I can hold off until the last day or quickly drop in on mobile and be guaranteed to be able to grab my two virtually stress free and without much competition. It's much appreciated and one of the greater implementations that TJ has done in my opinion.

The breeding week leading up to the holiday? Whooooole different monster for me since I'm a holly collector. And I'd still like to see the 2 CB limit for that as well, as much as it pains me. More CBs spread around means more bred ones for me and my breeding projects. biggrin.gif

But I could also get on board with adding another 2 CB limit for the year after the initial release. Wouldn't break the bank for me, so to speak.

Interesting ideas, but I will just say that the scrolls are currently coded to have each scroll reflect one type of Snow Angel or Sweetling. It might be a lot of work to change that--and it wouldn't lessen the drama, imo, at least not if they suddenly start breeding like Nebulas or Gemshards. People would complain about not being able to get exactly the right wingtype they want, or whatever. I'm not exactly opposed to this but I'm just saying. You're not going to lessen drama by doing any of this, there will just be different drama. I also kind of object to your use of 'entitled'. This is a free game, we're not entitled to anything.

I know how scrolls are coded and changing this code wouldn't be complicated at all as you said we do have numerous versions of dragons coming out of 1 egg.

And right now many lineages contain all versions of these dragons since eggs go to scrolls with different coded Holidays and there would be no drama you're concerned about because Holidays breed clutches of 2+ eggs and it should be made guaranteed that you get both versions of Sweetling eggs and choose the one you need/prefer ~~~~

Different story for Snow Angels though but the biggest drama still is and stays that we can't have all sprites of them.

With snow angels, at least right now people breeding lineages for themselves are guaranteed to get a specific snow angel. I'd hate to imagine having to play the egg hatching lottery with holiday dragons... So if it is changed so that any of the three could hatch on any scroll, I'd say the eggs (and hatchlings?) would have to be changed to reflect the different colors so it isn't a lottery.

With snow angels, at least right now people breeding lineages for themselves are guaranteed to get a specific snow angel. I'd hate to imagine having to play the egg hatching lottery with holiday dragons... So if it is changed so that any of the three could hatch on any scroll, I'd say the eggs (and hatchlings?) would have to be changed to reflect the different colors so it isn't a lottery.

Even that wouldn't help much. With only one chance per year to breed them, how frustrating it would be to get the wrong one! Unless there is a guarantee of getting at least one of each variant and being able to tell what they are at the time of breeding, it would make breeding lineages with them a very risky business.

user posted image

Quoting myself to also add possible solution to differentiate Snow Angels if all 3 would become available for everyone ~ again (horrible color changes to get my idea across)

user posted imageuser posted image

The clutches produced should include all 3 eggs so the breeder could choose the right one he needs/prefers and if more than 3 eggs are produced those would be just extras of either color ~~

Quoting myself to also add possible solution to differentiate Snow Angels if all 3 would become available for everyone ~ again (horrible color changes to get my idea across)

user posted imageuser posted image

The clutches produced should include all 3 eggs so the breeder could choose the right one he needs/prefers and if more than 3 eggs are produced those would be just extras of either color ~~

This was two years ago, so TJ's opinion might have changed, but he did say back then he didn't plan on changing how snow angels worked: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7898621

For the reason that we have alt sweetlings, I might be okay if owners of alt sweets had a chance of hatchling regular sweets but not the other way around.

Either way, I'm not really sure it adds to this suggestion to tack on the possibility of getting rid of scroll-coded dragons (and talking about breeding them doesn't make much sense, as that's not what this suggestion is about). =x

~

Not that I don't want the chance to catch some old holiday cbs (I really wish mutamores had been a regular release...), but my biggest problem with this suggestion is how to make them dropping actually work smoothly. Adding one biome where all past in-season holidays is the only thing I've seen so far that works the best, but I'm not sure about the idea of adding a biome for a few days for a few months of the year. =x

Well, on the other hand, I fail to see anyone notice that Halloween is when classes are (you know, studying, doing homework or whatever stuff + in some countries some people go for a dress up party or sth of the sort:P) and it's not a day off if it's not on e.g. Sunday(or Saturday here for the pupils and regular students +a few of the jobs), right?

In here it's either month or 2 after the start of school and academic year respectively, teachers usually want the first or second marks around that time, it's a bit of a hussle to get as many CBs as one can/want AND to deal with reallife duties:P

Yet we have just 1 day of Halloween drops... and the no limits and stuff. I mean, why Halloween is made bigger fuss than the 2 others xd.png it's in a more or less busy time of the year too.

but more seriously, if the 2 other holidays keep their CB limit, I'd indeed like to see 2CBs per breed a year, just like we have only 1 breeding in a year even if the pairs cooldown is gone before the breeding period ends(bu:( it ruined my day when I first discovered that).

On the other hand, if the NEW breed is limited to 2CBs, perhaps it wouldn't be that overwhelming if the past CBs dropped without a limit, after all why would anyone bother to hunt them so wildly as the CB Halloweens right now if they knew they can get more of these any other year in the future unlike Halloweens right now? There won't be so many wild trading if you want to get 50CBs of the given holiday breed after all, you'd sooner or later hoard it over the years even if its slower without that...

So as long as the new breeds' limit is 2CBs in the release year, this should work fine even without the limits on the past breeds

I'm kind of fine with any of these.

Different story for Snow Angels though but the biggest drama still is and stays that we can't have all sprites of them.

Clearly you haven't been keeping up with Gemshard drama, then. People have a hard time getting the type they want out of a dragon you can get any time of the year, I don't even want to think about the drama that would ensue if you got the wrong type out of an egg you only get once per year--even if there is some way to change the eggs to reflect which type is inside which egg.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the other two types on my scroll, I really would. I just don't see it happening, unless something seriously changes.

Edited by silver_chan

I had to go back in time and reacquaint myself with what I wrote before I could answer. With regards to the snow angels and alt Sweetlings, my thoughts are this:

I would be okay with colored CB snow angels being available if we could tell what colors they were. I don't want to be holding up scroll space with dragons that I don't know what they are until they hatch. I am also okay with alt sweetlings being available, but only with the artist's consent.

Regarding limits, I don't mind either way, but I would be much happier with the scroll space limit being raised completely or with Valentine's and Christmas staying as is.

Edit: I mean the number of available slots that we have being raised.

Edited by Jazeki

This was two years ago, so TJ's opinion might have changed, but he did say back then he didn't plan on changing how snow angels worked: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7898621

For the reason that we have alt sweetlings, I might be okay if owners of alt sweets had a chance of hatchling regular sweets but not the other way around.

Either way, I'm not really sure it adds to this suggestion to tack on the possibility of getting rid of scroll-coded dragons (and talking about breeding them doesn't make much sense, as that's not what this suggestion is about). =x

~

Not that I don't want the chance to catch some old holiday cbs (I really wish mutamores had been a regular release...), but my biggest problem with this suggestion is how to make them dropping actually work smoothly. Adding one biome where all past in-season holidays is the only thing I've seen so far that works the best, but I'm not sure about the idea of adding a biome for a few days for a few months of the year. =x

Well, but it most likely could be coded that there's a Cave biome for holiday (re-)releases. That would also address the problem of copper breeding, for example.

While I strongly support getting old Holidays re-released, I think an in-cave release is the wrong way to do it.

I also support getting all 3 versions of Snow Angels, but I don't think the way suggested here is the way to go. My preference is for this BSA:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165615

Though there were a multitude of other suggestions, as well, for it.

Cheers!

C4.

Ehhh... I don't know. While I'd love a CB Holly as much as the next person, a CB Holiday is special, it's your reward for being on the site at those times. I missed out on last year's holidays, because I wasn't on the site for a long time. That's my fault, and I shouldn't be entitled to CBs of what I missed.

My only CB Marrow was won in that awful release, with terrible lag and only three eggs and no 5 min drops. I slaved away for hours and hours to win that single Marrow and no matter how hard I tried I never got a second. He is now arguably my favourite dragon, because he represents something I fought very hard for and was difficult to obtain.

Now I'm not saying nobody deserves Marrows, but they were one release I can memorably say that if you caught one, you were lucky and you felt it. And please, have all the bred Marrows you like, but I fought hard for that dragon and if CBs were available to all, I'd feel his specialness is gone.

Ehhh... I don't know. While I'd love a CB Holly as much as the next person, a CB Holiday is special, it's your reward for being on the site at those times. I missed out on last year's holidays, because I wasn't on the site for a long time. That's my fault, and I shouldn't be entitled to CBs of what I missed.

My only CB Marrow was won in that awful release, with terrible lag and only three eggs and no 5 min drops. I slaved away for hours and hours to win that single Marrow and no matter how hard I tried I never got a second. He is now arguably my favourite dragon, because he represents something I fought very hard for and was difficult to obtain.

Now I'm not saying nobody deserves Marrows, but they were one release I can memorably say that if you caught one, you were lucky and you felt it. And please, have all the bred Marrows you like, but I fought hard for that dragon and if CBs were available to all, I'd feel his specialness is gone.

While I'm not sure I support this because I think it just makes holidays messier to deal with, this is the same line of reasoning that people used to not support re-releasing leetle trees. I didn't agree with that, and I don't really agree with this. (For those that haven't been around a long time, trees were originally released in very late Dec 2008. They dropped for a few hours only - I was on when they started dropping but was unable to catch one and went to bed thinking I could nab one in the morning, by which time they were already gone. There was no notice. Then they disappeared. It wasn't until two years later that they were re-released, this time permanently.) There was a lot of upset when trees permanently returned because people felt theirs wasn't special anymore, ignoring the fact that:

1) the date it was caught still makes it "special" if you define special as by when it was caught

2) that's... not really fair. Why should other people be denied a dragon just because it makes you feel special to have it when they don't? o_O

What makes your marrow so special for you is how hard you worked to get it, knowing you wouldn't have another chance. But re-releasing cb marrows would not dull the effort you put into catching that dragon. It wouldn't change that it's been your favorite dragon for years(?) now. It wouldn't change the fact that you caught one during the original release.

As I said, with the way the cave currently works, I'm not really sure I support this because it doesn't really make sense within the current setup. I personally just don't find this argument a compelling reason to not support. ^^;;

Yes, Marrows were hard to get. A little easier once TJ implemented that famous 2nd line of eggs, but still not easy. And yet, the same is true about hollies, yules, snow angels, Val '09s, Sweetlings and pumpkins.

Despite that, I fully support the general idea to make old CB holidays available to everyone. Like C4, I'm not sure that an in-cave release is the way to go about it, though. Because, considering how hard these old holiday dragons were to get, they shouldn't be a dime a dozen now. At least, that's how I feel. (And I have less than half of those.)

However, making them hard(er) to get in the cave (uncommon drops mixed in with regular breeds) is the wrong way to go IMHO. All it would accomplish is that the old holiday eggs become a very hot commodity in the trading threads. The mere thought of that makes my skin crawl, because I feel that holidays - especially the limited ones - are supposed to be kept and cherished, not traded away for some shiny or other.

Overall, I prefer the store idea to make old holidays available in a limited fashion.

Edited for grammar and maths xd.png

Edited by olympe

Yes, Marrows were hard to get. A little easier once TJ implemented that famous 2nd line of eggs, but still not easy. And yet, the same is true about hollies, yules, snow angels, Val '09s, Sweetlings and pumpkins.

Despite that, I fully support the general idea to make old CB holidays available to everyone. Like C4, I'm not sure that an in-cave release is the way to go about it, though. Because, considering how hard these old holiday dragons were to get, they shouldn't be a dime a dozen now. At least, that's how I feel. (And I only have about half of those.)

However, making them hard(er) to get in the cave (uncommon drops mixed in with regular breeds) is the wrong way to go IMHO. All it would accomplish is that the old holiday eggs became a very hot commodity in the trading threads. The mere thought of that makes my skin crawls, because I feel that holidays - especially the limited ones - are supposed to be kept and cherished, not traded away for some shiny or other.

Overall, I prefer the store idea to make old holidays available in a limited fashion.

What she said. The store is the way to go, for me. Let's hope it actually happens.