Pixxelation

Holiday Rereleases

Make it that when a holiday dragon has been here for 4 years, it will be a rare drop in cave at the holidays.

For example, if halloween dragon x has been here for 4 years, it will be a rare drop in caves at halloween. And then it continues to wait 4 years till it is a drop again.

Making it a rare drop won't really help much. Besides, it's always the same people who get all the rares - which will be especially problematic with Halloweens.

Absolutely for this. Don't see any reason why not... just as long as the 2 CB limit is maintained. It seems extremely self-absorbed to me to try to deny other people their own chance to get CBs just because they didn't happen to be around during a short time period... during the holidays.

While I'd love a chance at older cb holidays, I've seen a lot of users use the argument of older breeds dying out, and I think it's not a very good one. Fact is, the older breeds are not dying out. There are plenty of yulebucks in the AP, and even Hollies are easier to grab every year. Their populations are increasing, they are far from dying out. What is dying out is the cb and low-gen ones on active scrolls. But DC doesn't make a difference between cb and lineaged dragons, that's a difference users make. So I feel like we need a better argument here to convince TJ to re-release older cb holidays.

I wonder why holiday breeds appear in Valkemare only once ever, and obviously after that the wild ones cannot breed anymore, while breeding in captivity doesn't seem to be a problem at all. It would make sense lore-wise, to have them around during later holidays as well.

Addressing the original suggestion, I think I'd prefer if they drop together with the new release instead of during the breeding week with regular dragons. Makes more sense to me - the holiday drop is the time when wild dragons breed holiday eggs. For christmas and valentines, there'll be 3 days to hunt for older holidays, which is plenty. And for Halloween, this would maybe solve the problem of faster users grabbing everything, because you'll have to sacrifice a new release slot for each older one you grab.

I agree that the cb limit per scroll has to be maintained, though. Not sure about Halloweens, maybe if they're mixing with the new release it'll work. If they're dropping during the breeding week, I think introducing a limit for them would be good, even though there was none originally (maybe 2 cb of every breed every year instead of 2 cb ever).

Perhaps, as a way to keep seniority, CBs from the original year's release have a separate 2-per-scroll limit? That way, while new players can still obtain two CBs of each breed, older players will be able to get four in total - keeping the seniority and pride that seems to be quite important to the older players.

I have no clue how Halloweens should work though. Perhaps only Christmas and Valentine dragons should be re-introduced? After all, the Halloweens are in no danger at all of becoming rare.

Perhaps, as a way to keep seniority, CBs from the original year's release have a separate 2-per-scroll limit? That way, while new players can still obtain two CBs of each breed, older players will be able to get four in total - keeping the seniority and pride that seems to be quite important to the older players.

I have no clue how Halloweens should work though. Perhaps only Christmas and Valentine dragons should be re-introduced? After all, the Halloweens are in no danger at all of becoming rare.

While I'd prefer a different solution, yours could work with Halloweens by simply having a higher limit (somewhere between 4-7)

We have actual trophies and badges right now. Trophies in dragon sprite form aren't necessary and they are a point of contention for the community. cb dragons shouldnt be denied to other players and newer players just because they werent there. with all other releases they are available year round in the cave so if you miss the release no biggie the dragon still exists in the cave for you to get.

cb holidays should NOT be taken away from newer players just for the sake that older players can feel special. you have badges and trophies for that. people dont like the fact that cb prizes only exist for a few select people so why do holiday dragons have to be the same.

when the holiday breeding period starts have the cb holidays from previous years drop incave in all biomes as uncommons probably the same as blusangs or something like that. I don't think there should be any limit on how many you can get.

Since normally on Halloween, some people grab as many cave bred Halloweens as their egg limits allow. Perhaps if this was implemented there would be a re-release cave bred limit depending on the user's egg limits, or seven re-release dragons maximum. This way each user (assuming said user has a gold trophy both during the first release and re-release) would only be able to get 21 cave bred Halloween dragons maximum.

I would even be fine with 1 year of no new Halloween Dragon and only all past CB Halloweens in cave for 2 weeks and then in the years to come CB past Halloweens would be available only in the week as the breeding starts and new Halloweens would be released normally as always smile.gif

There's already a natural limit to how many you can get, due to scroll limits. If past Halloweens were to drop during the breeding season people would be limited by how many they can catch/trade for in that week. They would also have to take into account the new dragons due to be released on Halloween.

I'm not in favor of any limits to Halloween if they are rereleased.

As for the other holiday dragons there's already a CB limit on those of two per person. Leave that limit in place even if the CB eggs were to drop during the holiday's breeding week.

Voila. Problem solved.

I was opposed to this idea before and I still prefer the store idea to this one as a way to keep the CB population viable but I'd be ok with this if the store idea doesn't get accepted.

i've taken a look at the store and while it is one of my fav suggestions i've been looking at all the suggestions that have been implemented and the store just seems too much of a complicated ingame mechanic to be implemented anytime soon

this seems to be the easiest, simplest and least drama causing suggestion. i would just like to get past cb holidays. make them available incave during their respective holiday breeding period as uncommons like blusangs but available in all biomes.

I personally don't think there should be ANY limits on any cb holidays but if it would make this suggestion more likely to happen is to keep the limits on christmas and valentines then fine that is another battle to fight after this suggestion finally happens

i've taken a look at the store and while it is one of my fav suggestions i've been looking at all the suggestions that have been implemented and the store just seems too much of a complicated ingame mechanic to be implemented anytime soon

this seems to be the easiest, simplest and least drama causing suggestion. i would just like to get past cb holidays. make them available incave during their respective holiday breeding period as uncommons like blusangs but available in all biomes.

I personally don't think there should be ANY limits on any cb holidays but if it would make this suggestion more likely to happen is to keep the limits on christmas and valentines then fine that is another battle to fight after this suggestion finally happens

And that's where I see a problem arising: Making a very desirable dragon available as a limited release mixing in with regular dragons is a problem in itself. Making that very desirable dragon uncommon on top of that will only lead to lots of drama. With a capital D. (Or two. Or three.) Because way too many players will feel excluded because they won't be able to get those uncommon dragons. Maybe due to time restraints, maybe due to bad internet, bad eyes, slow reflexes or awful competition.

So should they be common then? i just dont want them to be common to the point of clogging up the biomes because then people will complain that they already have all the holiday dragons they need and they want to get to the regular dragons but then they cant because the holiday dragon eggs are in the way.

keep in mind that this suggestion isnt just going to be for one year if it gets implemented it should exist for every single holiday every single year after its implementation

Edited by CellyBean

Maybe having a special "holiday" biome for older drops or something would be better?

That sounds like a good idea!

So should they be common then? i just dont want them to be common to the point of clogging up the biomes because then people will complain that they already have all the holiday dragons they need and they want to get to the regular dragons but then they cant because the holiday dragon eggs are in the way.

keep in mind that this suggestion isnt just going to be for one year if it gets implemented it should exist for every single holiday every single year after its implementation

Maybe the older eggs should be at least uncommon if not rare. My idea when the older holidays can breed, the eggs from previous holidays drop in the caves as CB as well. The actual day of the holiday, the eggs become increasingly rare

The older breeds are the ones needing the population boost the most. As far as continuing to drop on the holiday day, I'd say no as the new breed will be dropping then and will swamp the biomes. Just have the old ones drop the 6 or 7 days leading up to the holiday while older breeds are breeding true. When the new breed starts to drop they'll be gone.

When the old breeds originally dropped they were not rare, except the oldest ones, and the thinking about holidays has changed since then. Originally they dropped mixed in with regular breeds, now they flood. I don't see any benefit to them dropping as rares or even as uncommons. Make them easy to catch and there won't be ridiculous prices being asked for them. Most people during the holiday breeding season aren't going to be catching normal dragons anyway. If they're in the biomes it's most likely because they want the older holidays, if the older holidays become available that way. So, if they take over the biomes, who cares?

Well let's say pumpkins they're pygmies so that means a more limited breeding group so they wouldn't be collected as much. Let's say that all the older halloweens drop in cave as common like same as kingcrownes or bolts. Now for the first 2-3 years all of the older holidays are going to be snatched up. People are going to lock their scrolls with marrows and graves and whatnot. But what about after 5 years of this? People are going to start calming down and the holiday eggs are going to start sitting longer in the biome. And pumpkins imo would naturally be the first. And soon enough you'll start to get people complaining and whining about it. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

I don't think the holidays should be cave blocker common but not uncommon to the point of coppers. I think they should drop at the same rate that moonstones or royal blues are dropping right now. Slightly uncommon but still counting as uncommon.

Well, holidays last a week each, meaning it's just 3 weeks total within an entire year...

I don't see why they shouldn't flood during their entire breeding periods, even if they indeed block the biomes at some point - since they don't drop for the remaining 49.177457 weeks a year and everyone has a bit more than 49 weeks to collect the regular breeds per year! It's not ages of a break... it's mere 21 days out of 365.25, come on! ^^

I just don't think it's valid to deny the 21-days long holiday floods for the sake for the regular breeds that are available for the rest of the year anyway... everyone can wait this tiny bit of time, especially as there are no new releases in the holiday period (last release in September, next in March, minus the 21 days of the holiday periods, leaving LOADS of time to grab the existent regular breeds without bothering for the new breeds and holiday periods!)

I mean, realy, it's surviveable...

Also I don't think Pumpkins would not be grabbed much during the first re-release - they're the oldest Halloween breed to be re-released... they are the bred most of current players don't have as CBs(I remember it was the most difficult breed to get a 2g PB couple of a year ago - I tried to find such of each Halloween breed up to the breed prior to Graves). But later, true, they'd meet the usual fate of the member of any of the small breeding groups, I guess...

Even if they'd become caveblockers during the holiday periods, it's still mere 21 days out of 365.25 days per year, it's not much and it allows new players to be able to collect a CB of everything exept the very limited Prizes(which old players also don't all have), making it fair and not putting newer players in disadvantage - and DC does need new players. While old players have badges/trophies newer users don't! smile.gif

I believe it's worth it, even if I'll probably not join the hunt because reasons(gameplay&goals)tongue.gif

Edited by VixenDra

I can get behind this if the natural scroll CB limits were still in place. I'd love to be able to have a way to finally get CB yules.

So that the fast clickers don't get the lot, for one thing. We have limits for the current ones, except for Hallowe'en. It means that everyone can manage to get the new CBs and still enjoy the holidays. IF this were ever to happen the CB limit needs to stay on ALL holiday breeds that have such limits (i.e. Winter and Valentines.) Otherwise no support from me; I'm with freddy.

Hm, I think it would keep this purpose of limits if eahc breed was limited to 2CBs each year - this way after a few years the non-halloween holiday-dropping biomes wouldn't be nearly frozen all the time, AND the easy catching would still be preserved.