Pixxelation

Holiday Rereleases

I agree that there should be a limit on CB old Halloweens, but it definitely shouldn't be as low as two. Maybe like... 8 per year? Or something like that?

I don't know, really.

I would LOVE holiday re-releases as CBs. I missed out on a few of some of my favorite breeds since I couldn't make it during their release.

+1 support

The problem with that is still Halloween, where there are no limits. Unless the Halloweens drop as dirt-commons, there will be a lot of competition.

I would prefer to have Halloween dropping as dirt-commons instead of having limits. Scroll limits should take care of the issue, once we get 7, we need to wait at least two days to get more. Furthermore, why would we get 7 of a single sprite? I know I would attempt to get a pair of each, instead.

I would prefer to have Halloween dropping as dirt-commons instead of having limits. Scroll limits should take care of the issue, once we get 7, we need to wait at least two days to get more. Furthermore, why would we get 7 of a single sprite? I know I would attempt to get a pair of each, instead.

Totally agree! I honestly can't see why ratios should have to apply to Holidays which can only reproduce themselves briefly once a year, as the numbers of these dragons on people's scrolls won't affect anything regularly Dropping in the Cave.

And there seems little point in preventing people who missed out from ever having CBs of previous Holidays, shutting them out of lines and lineages as the numbers of these beautiful dragons decline with player attrition and the messy lineages perhaps begin to out-number the 2nd gens and pretty lineages. It seems a terrible waste...

DC Holidays may form the only celebration many people have on such occasions and in recent years, these wonderful Holiday dragons have been provided in a stress-free fashion - why not expand this and see later if the clutches actually need to be cut back on for the following year, as in each case, there's only that one brief period a year anyone has to set up for their annual lineage plans and it's often not easy as it stands to find/swap for necessary mates for any less usual mates/patterns.

Dropping older CB Holidays as Commons for the first 2 days of the breeding season would cut back on breeding right there, as people still also have to plan for room for new Holidays, and with Halloween dragons especially, most people want a full scroll of these, so the average breeder would be breeding less and within a more limited time, presumably breeding their best and as wanted or considered desirable, with fewer breeding simply to ensure that others had a chance at the sprite where the lineage might leave... actually nothing ... to be desired by almost anyone.

I really think this would work out.

Edit: I would actually much prefer them Dropping as Commons in the week before the breeding period starts - I didn't even see that, lol. (Up all night trying to catch Lunars still/again, lol.) And ideally not to have clutches cut back by more than one potential egg the following year.

But while I dunno if CB Vamps would be worth-while Re-Releasing? (Unbreedables, and anyone can Bite a CB to get one?) Pumpkins, Marrows and Shadow Walkers would fill the criteria I seem to recall of this Suggestion being for Holidays of several years back and diminishing as a result - and even a 3-day Flood of older Holidays prior to the Holiday breeding week would pick things up considerably, although the new ones would not, of course, be able to breed that year. But it would certainly extend the excitement, as well as replenishing the number of these lovely dragons and enabling more people to continue lines and lineages otherwise forever out of their reach.

We're mostly a collection of dragon-hoarders, after all...

I'm just sorry that I missed the opening for Queen of the Universe, although I certainly find the Typo Queen position far easier to maintain. laugh.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

I would really love having CB pumpkins of my own to continue his/her lineage with a bit more ease

And the point of that was that more than two would be rather useful tongue.gif

Edited by Angelina Gienah

I don't know about a re-release before the breeding period starts, especially if the new dragons cannot breed that year. It would be simpler and neater if the old holidays dropped either after or during the new release. Of course, for all the hoarders among us, two to three days after the actual new holiday release would be ideal.

I don't know about a re-release before the breeding period starts, especially if the new dragons cannot breed that year. It would be simpler and neater if the old holidays dropped either after or during the new release. Of course, for all the hoarders among us, two to three days after the actual new holiday release would be ideal.

agreed it should be a few days after so all the new ones have hatched and we can all go hunt our dream dragons

I'd go with that, apart, perhaps from mixing the old and new in a single Drop, where clogging might become an issue which should be avoided in a relatively short Drop of dragons with such brief periods of annual appearance, where repeated 5 minute stalls may fatally count to people with not much time to be on, especially where the new as well as the old CB Christmas and Valentine dragons cannot be picked up to be later abandoned by anyone already having 2 CBs of the type.

The concern I have is with things like keeping Holidays fun and stress-free with no avoidable restrictions (as with taking Holiday clutches down or at any rate down more than 1 egg, anything of the type reducing the chances of suitable mates being found/swapped for that year or perhaps for years) while giving a really good boost in numbers to the older CB Holidays before attrition takes them down too far, bringing in new blood and giving people who missed out a chance to get some, and the rest of us as well.

The Pumpkins and Marrows were at a time of 4 caught eggs only per scroll and VERY hard to catch - I believe that I was gifted at least two, possibly all, of my three CB Pumpkins by a total sweetheart or two, and at least one pair of my 2 pairs of CB Marrows, very possibly more/all. (My memory sucks, think I might not have got any, if not for a dear and noble friend.)

I'd love at least one more CB Pumpkin - it having taken me all of this time of discussion to realize that I could eventually breed a mate for a checkered Thuwed Pygmy/Pumpkin lineage myself if I had more CB Pumpkins, if the one an angel I know promised to breed me doesn't work out for any reason. (Of course, that would take years, lol.) And I'd love at least another pair of the Marrows, the obsession of many, while others would adore a chance at more - or any - Shadow Walkers, most very probably wanting a mix so as to be able to expand their ability to take lines/lineages involving these dragons and requiring CBs, as with Prize lines.

It would really make Holidays even more special.

I was thinking, however, that TJ might find an extended build-up to Holidays more acceptable than adding extensions onto the back end of them, especially as people are more likely to be hatchy-locked with essential mates or amazing new finds following the breeding season and carefully balancing room to be made for the New Release Holidays, making a pause of a couple of days necessary, and at Christmas, with the Holiday Flood already continuing several days afterward, about which there are always a few people complaining, although such Holidays are a busy time for many, with family and other obligations making it difficult for them to get online for even short periods, so that Floods lasting several days and providing a fast and easy catch are important in giving them every possible chance to participate at DC.

Also that bringing out a Flood of older Holidays for, say, several days prior to the breeding week would even then likely have a natural effect on refining the dragons bred, as many would hopefully realize that there was not much point in breeding their extra messies just to provide people with the sprites of the older Holiday dragons people have just had a chance to get CBs of, especially with so many people breeding nice lineages with APed extras which others have a chance to snag as mates or otherwise try to carry on.

Possibly a mad methodology, but mine own, so it makes sense to me, lol, although, as stated, I could live with a Flood of the older Holidays a couple of days after the Holiday Flood, certainly a lot better than those who, having the Christmas dragons they want, would then like things back to normal hunting the very next day.

Edit: and I know this is a given, but at Halloween people do like to have at least a full scroll of the new Halloween dragons, even if they can't manage a full 4 pairs.

If people had to choose between grabbing 7 New Release Halloweens and trying for some of the older ones, the head explosions would not be staged, lol; mixing the Releases would make for more of a painful, rather than quite such a fun, occasion.

Edited by Syphoneira

Support! It would be so much fun to get CB of stuff from before I joined and since there a limit on CBs for Vday and Xmas it would be hard to abuse then. Halloween still has scroll limits so people can't go too crazy and long as the halloweens drop lots.

I would LOVE a chance to get CB holidays. Totally fine with the 2 egg limits for the Valentines and X-mas, and I would go all out hunting down CB Desipis, Graves, Shadow Walkers, Cavern Lurkers and Black Marrows. biggrin.gif If this was a regular feature every year and allowed both new and old people every year to get CBs of old releases... that would be totally awesome and would lessen the stress to try to get all the CBs I want THAT YEAR in case I miss out and then get locked out for the remaining years. Hell it'd be especially good for Halloween dragons and could actually lessen some of the mad dash for the new releases as people realize they can still stock up on more CBs the following years. The bit of prestige and pride would come in of having the earliest CBs found based on the born and hatched by dates. xd.png

FULL support! Please let them drop for a good 3 days in all biomes leading UP to the Holiday breedings and not interfering with the breeding week. :3 Love it and so support this! Gods yes! <3

It's been made clear by the shop thread that a lot of people want a way to obtain CB holidays in the years after their releases. It will definitely become necessary eventually, if we want to keep second gens in circulation, and it would be more encouraging to new players if all dragons are available to be obtained as CBs (except the two retired breeds).

So, if we need some sort of solution, why not simply release them as uncommon drops in all biomes during the holiday breeding week three-or-so years after their original release? No complicated point-earning system. No need to invoke rapid change to DC's economy by assigning official values to things. It's a quick, easy solution that fits within the canon of when holidays breed.

Two-CBs-per-scroll would be maintained, should TJ be able to program that in (which I'm sure he can, given how awesome he is with programming). Not sure how Halloweens would work, but I'm sure something could be figured out.

Thoughts?

Holly Stats and Traders

So far, 73 CB hollies have been accounted for in the statistics. I'm considering adding a number of second gen eggs laid per year column

The 2nd quote shows how right PieMaster is. Only few CB Hollies are still being bred. Wouldn't now be the time to re-release CBs?

I'd love the chance to get some caveborns of holidays, however I don't support the shop idea that much, but I think I will take a look at it. But a re-release would be much more in my favor.

Edited by Clya

I support this idea so much! Holidays would still be restricted to only holiday times, but the breeding pools would no longer be in danger of drying up. So few hollies are in circulation now, and it isn't hard to believe that they could die out even further. Having fresh blood for lineages would be amazing. While Christmas and Valentine dragons would still be limited to two CBs per scroll, perhaps Halloweens could be limited to 2-4 CBs per year?

Edited by Niyaka

I support this. I understand raffle dragons being special but the holidays are a giving time, and time for everyone to be happy. Although there is a lot of happiness on the holidays, I feel like there's also a lot of stress since anyone who missed out has to arrange trades or stalk the AP. It also limits the lineages you can make.

I support this! I support this so much. I have always favored DC over similar games in large part because almost all dragons could be eventually obtained, regardless of join date. Letting newer players gain CBs of old holiday breeds will encourage the creation of lovely new lines and help keep the rarest old breeds from dying out. I was quite surprised by how much 2g Yulebucks were trading for this year, and of course 2g Hollies are more myth than reality for most people.

I really don't support this. I've missed caveborns of certain holidays, but I'm very proud of the ones I do have - they're badges of age, the time I've spent on this site. And there are people that are older still, or more dedicated, that have what I have and more. All the same... I mean, do people really need caveborn holidays? They can already obtain those past breeds, and the people who were there for that event get the caveborns. I don't see why that isn't enough. It's an incentive to be active each holiday and a gold star for those who were active at that point in time. (And don't say it's difficult to obtain holiday dragons at a given release. This was the case with the Marrows and the original Valentines, true. But this hasn't been the case in years, especially on Christmas and Valentines.)

If lack of caveborns breeding would ever be an issue - it certainly isn't now. The only breed this is at all evident for currently are the Hollies, and that was because they were released at the very beginning of the site - when Dragon Cave had very few players to begin with, many of whom were chased off by the Fog months later. I find 2nd-gen Yulebuck eggs in the AP frequently this year, and they're the oldest dragon breed that doesn't suffer the Holly's specific circumstances.

And really, I'm not concerned about the hollies, either. Let the caveborns be special - a token to those people that either won the raffle or were with Dragon Cave from the very start. Let those second gens be valuable trade fodder; people need something to aspire to, and the trading 'economy' needs valuables. I'm perfectly happy with the bred hollies I have - and I'm happy they're no longer rare to the point where users can't feasibly obtain them, too.

But what's the point of years of dedicated playing when a newcomer can hop on and get exactly the same things somebody spent years accumulating in a week? People like being recognized for their time and effort. Maybe this is selfish, but I feel like this would remove a lot of the fun I get from this site, even if I managed to snipe five caveborn hollies for some super special lineage or something. Suddenly there's no point to having been here all this time.

Furthermore, would people really care so much about building lineages with these dragons if they weren't old and rare? Think about it. Sure, people want them because they're pretty, or they like the breed... but the reason these lineages are so sought-after right now is because they're exclusive.

People are saying they want this to be an option because they can't get them. That in and of itself, with caveborns, would have a point - if I didn't feel like the point of each holiday release was to be the original wave. As for second gens... disregarding Hollies, because they have always been the exception... okay, say they do become rare in the vague future. Well, I can't get caveborn golds or silvers. I haven't summoned a GoN in 5 years. I haven't managed to make a surviving Neglected. It's not fair! Why can't we make them more common so I can be happy?

There was a game I played once, an MMO. The market was an inflated mess, cash shopping was ridiculous, it was hard to get ahead without throwing loads of money at the game. I don't play it anymore, haven't in years, but there's an anecdote I think somewhat applies here.

It became popular for people to host unofficial private servers - little microcosms of the game, ones where they had total control, where they could just use console commands to give everyone all the strongest weapons and best armor, infinite money, all the old and retired items. People used them to test out builds at first, but for a brief while they became popular as a kind of underground movement.

Brief, because... playing on those servers, where everything was available at the drop of a hat? It was fun and exciting until the novelty wore off, because at that point there was literally nothing left to do. When you can achieve everything you want without difficulty, a game ceases to become fun. You can call it 'giving spirit' or 'equal opportunity' all you want, but even with games with no losers, the point has never been to instantly win.

Having to work to build your lineages? Having to trade with other users to get what you want? Having old things remain old and rare things remain rare? Missing things because you hadn't joined yet or because you forgot to log on that week? That's part of the game, and I take no umbrage to anyone who disagrees with me on this, but I feel this game would lose a lot of its appeal to me if the things I'm reading in this thread were implemented.

Edited by Dianacat777

After the multiple pros and cons, I'd say that as an old user I'm pretty neutral on the subject. As in, if it wasn't implemented it would be business as usual, and if it were implemented I'd join in and get that second CB Yulebuck I never grabbed.

This quote sums up my feelings on the matter. I do understand why some people really like this idea and why others really do not like it. I'm pretty neutral personally because there are only a few older dragons that I'd really like CBs of for lineage-making purposes. If it were implemented, I would get another CB male Cavern Lurker because I have 3 CB females and only 1 CB male.

But if it's not implemented, business as usual (searching the AP for pretty holiday lineages).

[...]

But what's the point of years of dedicated playing when a newcomer can hop on and get exactly the same things somebody spent years accumulating in a week? People like being recognized for their time and effort. Maybe this is selfish, but I feel like this would remove a lot of the fun I get from this site, even if I managed to snipe five caveborn hollies for some super special lineage or something. Suddenly there's no point to having been here all this time.

Furthermore, would people really care so much about building lineages with these dragons if they weren't old and rare? Think about it. Sure, people want them because they're pretty, or they like the breed... but the reason these lineages are so sought-after right now is because they're exclusive.

People are saying they want this to be an option because they can't get them. That in and of itself, with caveborns, would have a point - if I didn't feel like the point of each holiday release was to be the original wave. As for second gens... disregarding Hollies, because they have always been the exception... okay, say they do become rare in the vague future. Well, I can't get caveborn golds or silvers. I haven't summoned a GoN in 5 years. I haven't managed to make a surviving Neglected. It's not fair! Why can't we make them more common so I can be happy?

[...]

It became popular for people to host unofficial private servers - little microcosms of the game, ones where they had total control, where they could just use console commands to give everyone all the strongest weapons and best armor, infinite money, all the old and retired items. People used them to test out builds at first, but for a brief while they became popular as a kind of underground movement.

Brief, because... playing on those servers, where everything was available at the drop of a hat? It was fun and exciting until the novelty wore off, because at that point there was literally nothing left to do. When you can achieve everything you want without difficulty, a game ceases to become fun. You can call it 'giving spirit' or 'equal opportunity' all you want, but even with games with no losers, the point has never been to instantly win.

Having to work to build your lineages? Having to trade with other users to get what you want? Having old things remain old and rare things remain rare? Missing things because you hadn't joined yet or because you forgot to log on that week? That's part of the game, and I take no umbrage to anyone who disagrees with me on this, but I feel this game would lose a lot of its appeal to me if the things I'm reading in this thread were implemented.

I'm just going to touch on a few specific points here:

First, viewing CB Holidays as something people spent "years accumulating" feels a bit disingenuous. Yes, it's because I played for YEARS that I was around for every release except Holiday... but when it actually came down to time put in to catch those Holidays, it was basically a half hour per Holiday, tops. They weren't that time consuming or effort requiring to get. I was just fortunate enough to be around when they were dropping. Secondly, people picking up a few CBs is hardly them instantly getting everything I've worked on. I have literally years more dragons than they do--years more of pretty lineages, rares to breed, and special dragons to admire. Newbies picking up CBs isn't going to suddenly put them on equal grounds with the work I've already put in, not in the slightest.

I also don't think Holiday lineages are much about exclusivity. Aside from Hollies, which as you noted were an odd duck to begin with, I've seen people as eager to breed Mistletoe lines as Yulebuck lines, and people bemoaning not being around to grab Desipises as much as Marrows. This is despite there being fairly noticeable differences in the relative rarity of 2gs from each type. And, to be honest, I've never even found 2gs of those breeds to be THAT rare--I've caught them in the AP fairly easily. All these things suggest to me that people are being honest about wanting the breeds because they want the breeds, not just because they're "rare."

Your third argument is harder for me to argue with, since feeling holidays were meant to be the only wave of them released is a personal viewpoint rather than a logical stance. Similarly, my rebuttal is also a personal viewpoint: while I see where you're coming from (I also often have a feeling of what's 'proper' for certain situations, even if I can't logically defend while my way is the best way), I feel the benefits of letting newer players collect CBs of everything outweighs the cons of giving up the idea of holidays being one-time-releases.

I don't, however, feel that releasing CB Holidays again is comparable to instantly unlocking everything for someone. CB Holidays aren't the equivalent of giving someone a max-leveled, perfect-gear-equipped character; they're more analogous to letting someone make a starting character of a race that was since closed for creation. They're starting blocks. Hard work and trading are still going to be required to make most things. And, yes, some 'rares' might be less rare, but I don't think this is game breaking here, because 1) there are still many rares in the game that were INTENDED to be rares (trios, xenos, coppers, metals, neglecteds, blusangs, etc), and 2) most holidays really aren't rare to begin with. If I can catch 2gs of every Holiday but Hollies with relative ease in the AP, then do they really qualify as "rare?"

Of course, you are free to disagree with me, as I am with you, but these are my thoughts on the matter. Personally, I think bringing Holidays back as mildly uncommon drops keeps in with their current general rarity level while also giving newer players a chance to obtain what they never could before. As far as perks for attending the original release go, there are still several--we get a cool event and badge that later players don't, we can get the new release easily instead of scrabbling to find some amidst a bunch of other eggs and hunters, and we'll have all that much more time to build pretty lines with our new catches. :3

It's less 'years accumulating' as in solid hours dumped into a game as it is being a 'loyal' member of a game for X number of years; the feeling that your continued participation has its own rewards and venerations. I've been here seven years and I have the dragons to show for it. I feel Dragon Cave keeps this from being too exclusive by allowing newer players to obtain these old breeds through breeding, while giving the people there for each event their dues by letting them have the originals. It's a healthy balance right now, in my opinion, and I don't see why it needs to be changed. It's the way things have been for years, and I'd feel very put off if the cave started spitting out CB Yulebucks and Hollies and Snow Angels and Solstices for anyone to grab on Christmas Day. Sure, it would let me grab two caveborn breeds I wasn't around to get. But I didn't earn them.

That's actually an interesting thing I've noticed; it's always the breeds from the year before (and somewhat less, two years ago) that are hardest to find during holidays (again, excluding Hollies... though that's changing.) Those are the dragons people want to hoard the most, and those are the most recent caveborn holidays. The others have less demand, and it's easier to pick and sort in the AP for an egg that you want (and thus find a second gen, if that's what you're looking for.) Though that is largely because Dragon Cave's player base is surprisingly slanted towards the elderly. Oh, certainly people have left, but the way things are, there's a larger-than-expected portion of people here that have been around since '08 and '09 and continue to breed their massive hordes of dragons, caveborn holidays included. I believe that the sort of second-gen extinction is definitely a possibility in the future, but it is not happening now with anything other than Hollies, and Hollies were always verging on extinct - except the thing that's going on with their second gens used to be the case with their breed as a whole, which was downright nasty.

It's not a perfect analogy, but most the arguments I'm seeing here that don't just stem from 'I want one!' are about lineages and difficulty building them. It's true that it's not a perfect equation because the CB holidays in question are flat-out unattainable, as opposed to something that can be obtained with a ridiculous amount of work and time. But in most games I've played, that's the way old holiday releases work; you either buy those items off other players or you just can't get them, period. And I like that system, both when it advantages and disadvantages me.

I've never really partook in lineages; they're entirely a user-created construct that just never had the same fervent appeal to me as others seem to. Sure, I try to breed my dragons evenly and prettily, but constructing painstaking nets of 2^n perfectly-gendered caveborns and waiting for them to breed correctly is... well, not my idea of a good time. I'm not fond of this idea that they're the end-all be-all state of Dragon Cave, the measure of work somebody's done. If what I've done with those are all I have to show myself apart from somebody who joined the site a few months ago, what's the point? I've apparently achieved nothing at all.

Holidays aren't rares, they're limited edition, highly abundant for a short time - and holiday caveborns are retired, which then makes them exclusive; a rarity that grows over the years, like interest. This wants to push them back into limited edition, removing all that accrued rarity. Which is nice for everyone who didn't get one, but not very nice for anyone who was proud of owning one.

I really do see where you're coming from, as I do with the general argument that's been made here (that isn't coming from 'I missed X and I want it', because I don't consider that a valid stance to consider here.) I just don't see why this is necessary and feel it would detract from what I get out of this game. It does come down to personal opinions, and I'm content to agree to disagree here. It does seem like I'm in the minority, however. I'm honestly a little surprised by that, but it's the reason I said anything at all. I'm not particularly fond of admitting selfishness; I am essentially arguing that I like what little exclusivity I've scraped together over the years. I like being able to help people with the rare things I have, though my stance here brings into question whether that's actually altruism or if I just want a reason to feel important. Hrm. But I can feel however I like. Whether or not that was the point depends on how you look at it. Or whatever TJ says, if he was so inclined.

Edited by Dianacat777

Aha, yah, I think the fundamental difference in our views is that where you like exclusives / retireds, I absolutely hate them. I have OCD, so the idea of a collecting game where you can't actually collect everything with enough hard work drives me batty. Which is precisely the reason I favored DC over so many other sites, and why I always fight for less exclusives--so anyone who was less fortunate than me and missed out needn't go through the game always exclaiming "oh if only I had a blasted --insert no longer available dragon here--!" X'D

I do feel you on wanting to feel you have something special, though. I too take great delight in gifting rares to people, and I'll admit I have a bit of an ego when it comes to how many nice dragons I have, haha. I understand not wanting to lose that feeling, or to feel you're suddenly no better off than a meager new player. However, I really don't believe allowing a way to get CB old holidays would do all that. You still have so much more than new players do and, by virtue of age, always WILL, because they simply cannot keep the pace. If the main point of the game for you is collecting dragons without regard for lines, then you will always have considerably more dragons and lovely armies than any newbie coming in will. And in terms of holidays, again, I get where you're coming from, but as I mentioned before most old holiday offspring just aren't worth that much. So while it is great to gift a pretty winter magi or marrow or heart seeker to some without any, you're also competing with an entire AP full of those things and probably a bunch of other people departuring / gifting those things too. In contrast, small, more localized gifts--a clean gold to a player with none, a common from a very stubborn breeding pair to someone desperate to make a checker lineage, a seasonal offered when they've all gone on strike and no one at all can seem to breed any--these are all really amazing things you can do for other players by virtue of being older and more of a honed collector than they are. All these things are compounded even further if you have rarer dragons to add to the mix. People love shinies even more strongly than holidays in many cases!

Now obviously I'm not you, I could be totally wrong about what sort of things you derive the most pleasure from gifting, but from my own experiences I still think there are many ways to bask in the awesomeness of being an older, accomplished player able to help newer or slower players out that DON'T require CB breed exclusivity to maintain them. :3 You just never know what you can do that will make someone's day. I mean, vampires are a dime a dozen, but I still have had people approach me asking for eggs bitten by my original Vampires because they consider them special. The perks of being an oldie never really fade, they just materialize in different ways <3

I think I tend to lean more towards ADP's viewpoint. Even though I'm not personally a lineage builder I do like to help people with their lineages.

Or at LEAST let those of us who froze hatchlings of CBs of the old holidays unfreeze them and let them grow up... It would increase the breeding pool, even if it doesn't give CBs to newer players. (my completionist tendencies caused me to prefer one adult and one frozen hatchling to two adults until I realized how "valuable" having those extra adults was)

I would love the idea of re-releasing holidays. To me, it seems a bit selfish to want to keep CBs limited to people who were around eight years ago. I'm 18 now and in in 2007, when the hollies were released, I was 10! I wasn't even allowed to join DC, much less have access to a computer. Sure, trading for any holly isn't really that hard, especially this year, but I think that we have to accept that lineages are a big part of the site for some people, and being stuck with messy hollies seems like you got the shorter end of the stick when it wasn't even possible for you to have a CB in the first place.

Just wanted to point out that this isn't really me saying "I want a CB!" because I am perfectly content with having 2gs and the lineages I have now, but I know that it's important to a lot of users on here and when you think about it, it doesn't really make any sense to me personally :x

First of all, even if there were easily attainable "old" CB holidays, a new player couldn't get them all in one year, unless this happens during the 3-day release on Christmas and they have 7 incubates left as well as do nothing but catch the new eggs. For Valentine's, it would take them at least 2 years to get them all to their max, and Halloween without limits - who wouldn't try to hoard these?

But since that still seems to easy to me, I actually prefer the shop idea where you cannot get every single old breed at once, but (on average) up to 6 of those eggs from all holiday events combined a year. So, getting them all is going to take a very long time anyway, and once a new player has achieved that, they must have played for many years - and thus have every right in the world to consider themselves old and established players.