Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

A majority of people seem to have messy valentines this year rolleyes.gif such a hassle when you only collect 2nd gen. babies and all the valentines you click on are either 3rd gen. or messy.

I have a very carefully detailed list of lineages I need from Valentines this year. Mostly heartseekers, a couple arsani, radiants, and roses. So of course the only breeds flooding the AP while I'm online are sweetlings (I only need one) and '09s (which I don't need at all). Just my luck. laugh.gif

Well, mostly what I need are sweetlings, so lots and lots to pick through. You would think that's good right? So far, out of the hundreds (?) I've looked through I've found one that I could use and it isn't one of the ones on my high priority list either. tongue.gif

My bad luck is that I'm suddenly so picky when I hunt for holidays. I no longer like stairs, unnamed parents, anything beyond 2G unless it's an even gen lineage, or messy lineages. I also only like to collect the previous year's dragon. So, I spend most of my time tossing stuff back. rolleyes.gif

Edit: Also rarely like holiday x holiday. Ugh, I'm sooo picky. dry.gif

Edited by Eos

Edit: Also rarely like holiday x holiday. Ugh, I'm sooo picky. dry.gif

They only breed once a year (well, twice if they're different holidays)! I find that less fun than year-round breeding. sad.gif

They only breed once a year (well, twice if they're different holidays)! I find that less fun than year-round breeding. sad.gif

Totally agree since I like to make even gen lineages immediately after the holiday breeding period has ended. That's probably why I don't care for them too much. smile.gif

My bad luck is that I'm suddenly so picky when I hunt for holidays. I no longer like stairs, unnamed parents, anything beyond 2G unless it's an even gen lineage, or messy lineages. I also only like to collect the previous year's dragon. So, I spend most of my time tossing stuff back.  rolleyes.gif

Edit: Also rarely like holiday x holiday. Ugh, I'm sooo picky.  dry.gif

And I thought I was picky. lol, j/k. xd.png

Actually I found that out about myself ever since the Graves were released. I'm extremely picky when it comes to holiday hunting and very rarely keep AP finds unless they're 2G, perfect checkers, are low gen with Prizes in them *cough*likethisone*cough*, or have nice spriter's alt lines. The only time I'll grab a messy is to freeze the hatchie.

Having a tough time trading my 3rd gen shimmer for valentines. I can't do valentine for valentine cause I've only got two valentine dragons.

Caught a radiant angel, but it was inbred. And it was descended from snow angels, golds, and blusangs! Wait, wait, happy ending- I ended up with a 2g from gold and a 2g from Spring Seasonal.

I hate those people who breed their heartstealings with a messy dragon. Just cuz.

Now THOSE ROSEBUDS!!!! I can't find any 2g rosebuds! I only find messies or 3gs! I want 2g for my scroll! Meanwhile, my bro caught a BUNCH of 2g dragons that I need!

Edit: DANG IT my bro caught a 2g rosebud RIGHT after I posted it! I think he's keepin it cuz he spent so much time finding it.

Edited by MadameZ

Never being able to find Spriter's Alt offspring in the AP during the holiday breeding time >__< (Or in general to be honest- most have either closed their list, don't have lists or people trading them ask for an arm and a leg)

I hate those people who breed their heartstealings with a messy dragon. Just cuz.

I'd gladly take one for my evil plan, but I'm locked with IOUs and random gifts. I feel like a diabetic child in a candy shop. sleep.gif

I finally nabbed a CB Chrono Xenowyrm a few days ago... and he gendered wrong. :I Back to sniping.

Edited by UserOfShadows

I finally nabbed a CB Chrono Xenowyrm a few days ago... and he gendered wrong. :I Back to sniping.

Put it in the gendered wrong thread, and see if anyone wants to trade genders. smile.gif

Made a deal with a person to breed them one 2nd gen of each holiday, with their choice mates. They already gave me their part. I bred the Halloween, and Christmas ones for them, no prob. But now, I'm sitting on 6 eggs, for 2 days now, preventing me from enjoying my own Valentine gathering, I've been tracking the trade msg.

They haven't posted since Dec 28. Tomorrow is the third day, and per my policy, that's it my half is done. But it's just not fair. I can't hunt for myself. sigh. And if they come in after wards, they'll probably give me hell for "not keeping MY end" and stuff like that. sigh.

Edited by Riverwillows

Made a deal with a person to breed them one 2nd gen of each holiday, with their choice mates. They already gave me their part. I bred the Halloween, and Christmas ones for them, no prob. But now, I'm sitting on 6 eggs, for 2 days now, preventing me from enjoying my own Valentine gathering, I've been tracking the trade msg.

They haven't posted since Dec 28. Tomorrow is the third day, and per my policy, that's it my half is done. But it's just not fair. I can't hunt for myself. sigh. And if they come in after wards, they'll probably give me hell for "not keeping MY end" and stuff like that. sigh.

I always send people a PM a few days prior to the breeding to check in with them, then if I don't hear back, I don't breed until I do. Obviously, this doesn't help you now, but perhaps for the future?

i looked all night but didnt find the valentine checker i need for my gold...

also back when crono xenos where really rare i made an iou for two 2nd gen sweetlings from alt X bright pink but i am worried they went inactive...

Edited by blockEdragon

I'd incu-hatch and fog them...

Put it in the gendered wrong thread, and see if anyone wants to trade genders. smile.gif

Haha, tried that, didn't realize you needed a Magi to teleport... xd.png

I just found a magi egg earlier, so I can try that in about a week if I don't find one myself before then. Thank you, though!

I was frustrated I couldn't find the RA x RC lines I need, so even after I was egglocked I was scanning the lineages of eggs in the AP. And I saw a mate for her go by......

I'll never have that chance again, I'll bet. sad.gif

I sent someone a pm. She didn't respond.

Also, I was bored and I designed an egg. Now I want to put it in my siggy and use it as a link. I needed a transparent background... but Paint.NET does not support Windows Vista. I cry.

Edited by MadameZ

Haha, tried that, didn't realize you needed a Magi to teleport... xd.png

I just found a magi egg earlier, so I can try that in about a week if I don't find one myself before then. Thank you, though!

You can also write in your trading post that you'd need the other trader to send you a teleport link. Only one side of a trade needs a Magi. smile.gif

@MadameZ: https://pixlr.com/ has an online editor with which you can get transparency. Basically, I'd use the magic wand tool to select the current background, invert the selection (so it contains the egg), copy the selection, create a new image with dimensions of the clipboard content (don't forget to check the transparency box, too) and save it.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I sent someone a pm. She didn't respond.

Also, I was bored and I designed an egg. Now I want to put it in my siggy and use it as a link. I needed a transparent background... but Paint.NET does not support Windows Vista. I cry.

PM me your egg and I'll give you a transparent background for it. (Don't post it here for me, I probably won't ever see it.)