Team EG-X

How many oldies (5+year accounts) Are still here?

Here since Sept. '08. Surprised I have less than 100 forum posts. Probably lurked too much back then. Also missed CB 09's and Yulebucks T_T

Just recently passed 8 years on the forum and the cave. =)

I can't check at the moment, but I think I'm creeping up on 6k dragons.

I've been here since August 2008, at least that's when my oldest dragon was born. I know I had some trouble in the beginning and my eggs kept dying, so I'm not sure when I actually joined.

I joined the main site at some point in 2010, however I couldn't figure out how to get anything to hatch. After I learned about fan sites I was able to grow some dragons. My first dragon that made it to adult hood was caught on Nov 26, 2010. Unfortunately I didn't catch any Christmas dragons that year. I joined the forums on January 2 2011. I regret not being as active as I could have been since I missed a lot of holiday dragons (and about four years worth of new releases). This Halloween I will have been active for a little over a year.

Still here. I may not check the Forums as often, maybe twice a week, but I still check my scroll daily. Can't believe I'm coming up for 8 years playing, this year blink.gif

my first eggs were caught on 26th September 2011, so next month I´ll be here for 5 years *yay*

Still on here every so often. Time flies, huh? Stole my first egg Nov 28, 2007, wow. Happy this site is still going strong, lot I was active on around that period are not so alive.

Edited by Cookie

I've caught my first dragon Decembre 2007, so my account is over 8 years.

But I went offline for a while, back online, back offline ... Currently I'm the most active I ever was actually.

I grabbed my first dragon in August of 2009, and promptly killed it.

I did take a several year hiatus, but I wish I had at least come on and grabbed two or three (when allowed) of each of the holidays. Alas, I guess I will play catch up.

I joined back in -09 and that was the year I was most active, I think. I've been playing on and off ever since with sporadic bursts of activity, but only just recently returned. This is the first time I've joined the forum, which has been an interesting experience and definitely made playing, in a way, more rewarding smile.gif

I herald from August-September 2009, me, for the Cave, and the October for the forums. It's been a wild ride, I can tell you. From cave-blocking, to no biomes, to limits on Holiday Dragons. Anyone remember the debacle with the Frilled Dragon? Or the second row of eggs during the Black Marrow Release?

Another from 2008 here.

I am fairly certain my first Dragon is Luzerne who is a White. (Not sure how you all are looking them up.) I compared a few of the ones I know were around the first batch and he looked like the oldest at Sept. 18 2008.

I was reading the posts and saw that quite a few of you found the site through links at the bottom of other forum posts. That is exactly how I arrived here. It was a link on Renn site I frequented.

joined the forum just before the original Vampires were released

had been collecting a few months before that

Found DC from a Link in a Pern Crochet group--- tongue.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

Found this place the Site That Shall Not Be Named's forums.

Edited by Riverwillows

I'm still here! Caught my first dragon on Jul 14, 2008. We used to post for clicks on LiveJournal, before all that many fansites popped up.

I've been here since the 18th of December, 2008. My user number is 25113.

Depressingly, I was on a hiatus when the stupid Datamonster ate/chased away a LOT of my dragons, so my earliest surviving dragon is Delusional Reverie, a daydream born on Jul 23, 2009. He's half sky and half dream, and that's perfect for me - someone who loves the outdoors and has always felt a draw to the clear blue sky. I nearly quit DC for good when I realised what happened to my dragons.

My first CB Holiday dragons were:

2011 Xmas (Butterbutts)

2012 Valentines (Heartseekers)

2014 Halloween (Desipis)

I'm terrible at logging in on holidays. I'm usually busy with family, entertaining, or spending time with loved ones. Or I just forget. Then again, I have a lot of absences from DC and when I come back it's always really easy to catch eggs I don't have yet, because I miss so many releases xd.png It gives me more to do when I do come back, haha.

I registered on 15th of June, '08! I have the date written down in an old lil' notebook, hehe. Back then DC's domain was actually dragcave(.)ath(.)cx and my user code's 60054. I remember so well that the first 4 dragons I stole were Purple, Stone, White and Magi. 3 of them died and the CB White one is still with me ! According to the White's data i apparently didn't start playing right away after registering, as it was stolen on July 30th, '08.

Back then dragon pages didn't have links to lineage views, only to the parents, so my favorite activity was to click through the dragons' ancestors to see who was in their lineage! It was the most exciting when i would find breeds i never saw before! And Hollies were the best discoveries, I thought they were the prettiest back then !

I also was on a personal quest to save all the dragon sprites on site. I created a MS Paint file where i lined up the page into what could be called a spreadsheet and would copy any new sprite i would find and save it into this Paint file. I still have bits and pieces of this file (not sure why it was broken up), albeit they were turned jpeg long ago by accident ! Then when the wiki went live i abandoned the activity, but to this day my scroll still strives to have every possible sprite of every breed.

I joined the forums much later when a friend prompted me to. And i went on frequent (and extensive) hiatuses during the years, so i still ended up missing many CB Holidays O: Also because of my quest for sprites at one point i ended up releasing some CB Holidays in order to get frozen hatchlings of those breeds, i'm not sure why i resorted to that action? Was it impossible for scrolls to have more than 2 dragons of restricted breeds, even if those additional dragons were lineaged? Of course i could have been a big dum dum and just did it because at the time i didn't realize how important CBs were. I was what, 13 when I joined DC?????

Nowadays i am mostly here for new releases, but when i'm feeling like sinking some time into playing i do other scroll quests, too.

Edited by Mlu

/snip

Also because of my quest for sprites at one point i ended up releasing some CB Holidays in order to get frozen hatchlings of those breeds, i'm not sure why i resorted to that action? Was it impossible for scrolls to have more than 2 dragons of restricted breeds, even if those additional dragons were lineaged? Of course i could have been a big dum dum and just did it because at the time i didn't realize how important CBs were. I was what, 13 when I joined DC?????

/snip

Yeah, it used to be that you could only get two Christmas and Valentine dragons (of each breed) period, no matter if they were lineaged or CB. TJ changed that in 2013, possibly because of the massive numbers of eggs that were bred each year that no one could pick up... or maybe some other reason, who knows. It was a wonderful change and allowed people like me, who were unwilling to give up one of my two adults to get a hatching, the ability to freeze babies on my scroll, something I'm very happy about.

Yeah, it used to be that you could only get two Christmas and Valentine dragons (of each breed) period, no matter if they were lineaged or CB. TJ changed that in 2013, possibly because of the massive numbers of eggs that were bred each year that no one could pick up... or maybe some other reason, who knows. It was a wonderful change and allowed people like me, who were unwilling to give up one of my two adults to get a hatching, the ability to freeze babies on my scroll, something I'm very happy about.

so that's how it was! That explains why i ended up releasing some CBs then

or no, really it only half-explains it. I was a big dum dum, I wasn't as reasonable as you. I went ahead and released some of my CBs just to freeze at least a few, aaah regrets.

It's hard to believe it wasn't always possible to grab more than two. All those lineaged dragons. People couldn't build Holiday lineage projects! That was truly a much-needed change. In time things here on DC only improve and that's what i always loved to see over the years.

I got my first dragon (from the abandoned page) on 26th July 2009. That dragon was Frederick Frills Of Kirkton. He's my longest lineaged dragon and is a tiny bit inbred. However, he's my very first dragon so there's no way I could get rid of him even though lineage-wise he isn't what I normally collect. But back then I didn't know about about such things as inbreeding and pure breds and checkerboards smile.gif

Before that, although I wasn't playing the game I knew bits about it and was interested in it as I had a good friend who played (sadly she no longer does) and visited her scroll every day to click and view her new dragons.

I didn't join the forums for quite some time after that and now regret not having the same forum name as my scroll name.

I've been here since January 2009 laugh.gif

I had seen some of DC eggs in other forums in signatures and then I joined the site.

I still keep playing, although I'm not that active, I usually take a break during the summer and return for the holidays. I still want to get everydragon if possible^^

I joined late 2008, so almost 8 years for me. I still play, but not as often as I used to. I focus mainly on my scroll goals, especially when new dragons come out. I used to be more active in the forums, too, but life has gotten in the way of that.

I'm still sad that I froze a couple of my CB holidays, but at the time, I didn't know that TJ would change things and allow us to get more than two later.

so that's how it was! That explains why i ended up releasing some CBs then

or no, really it only half-explains it. I was a big dum dum, I wasn't as reasonable as you. I went ahead and released some of my CBs just to freeze at least a few, aaah regrets.

It's hard to believe it wasn't always possible to grab more than two. All those lineaged dragons. People couldn't build Holiday lineage projects! That was truly a much-needed change. In time things here on DC only improve and that's what i always loved to see over the years.

Well, at the time TJ had said on a few occasions that it would never happen, iirc, so I don't blame you! I just have scroll goals I like to meet, and there was no way I could get my hatchie goals with Holiday dragons unless I was willing to give up *both* adults, so I guess I figured I'd rather have a tiny bit of my adult goal partway finished than neither of them completed.

But yes, you're right. It improved the game tremendously, for many reasons!