Team EG-X

How many oldies (5+year accounts) Are still here?

For some reason my scroll just says 'joined 2006-2010', no specific date, but I think I joined on the latter end of that range. Still, such a long time! I haven't necessarily been active the whole time though, it's kind of been on and off. Recently returned more seriously out of nostalgia instead of just checking in for new releases and I don't regret it :)

On 12/1/2021 at 7:18 AM, Seriva Senkalora said:

I am still a little bit sad, that I missed the chance to get some of the original releases back then and didn't get the CB Metals while they were "easier" to obtain.

Same, to be honest. I tried really hard to get good metals back then, to no avail. It only got /possible/ when I won a prize in raffles.

2008 tail end of Christmas for me :) I still remember those dastardly slippy candy cane eggs XD Internet connection was too bad to see anything but ‘try as you might’

I joined in 2009 and honestly cannot remember the last time I checked on by babies before today... So here I am!

August 2010 for me, with no significant breaks I can recall. :nyan:

I personally joined on 26th of October, 2008, which also is day I picked up my very first dragon: 8JQ8

I was there for the Halloween event as well, but I couldn't for the life of me get any of the Vampires back in the day since they were going so fast. I did see them being dropped into AP, but again couldn't get my hands on them. I just wanted them since I thought the rumors back then wouldn't affect me as much since I barely had anything rare or large number of dragons. And they were pretty cool too ^^

I joined in January 2009 and I check the site daily ever since :D

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

On 12/2/2021 at 4:14 AM, Ruffledfeathers said:

Same, to be honest. I tried really hard to get good metals back then, to no avail. It only got /possible/ when I won a prize in raffles.

2008 tail end of Christmas for me :) I still remember those dastardly slippy candy cane eggs XD Internet connection was too bad to see anything but ‘try as you might’

lol, but did you guys catch a CB Gold and then freeze it? https://dragcave.net/lineage/FrsN 💀

I joined some time in 2008, but I think I've taken hiatuses... even if I have never missed a holiday release, lol.

My deal says that "2006-2010" for start date but I think it was between 2007 or sometime in 2008. I didn't catch any dragons at the time cause I was having trouble with my computer and went thru a bunch during those years before it all got settled down and I finally got to really join in and play~

I just returned recently.  Joined in 2010 and missed quite a few holiday releases during that time. I always made sure to check my scroll to keep my names though.

On 12/21/2021 at 10:18 AM, Kiyoura said:

lol, but did you guys catch a CB Gold and then freeze it? https://dragcave.net/lineage/FrsN 💀

Kiyoura, I don’t belong here because I didn’t join until 2013, but I LOL’d at your frozen CB Gold XD 🙃 😱 💀Sounds like something I would do! XD

Edited by missy_

I started playing in Nov 2008, and I joined the forums a few months later.  I'm not as active as I used to be, but I still check in the forums once in a while.  I'm just quietly working on my scroll goals with each new release. :)

One of my early goofs - A few times, I froze a CB holiday release before I realized the limit was on CBs only.  I was grateful when the Holiday biome was added and I could replace my frozen CBs.

On 12/21/2021 at 7:04 AM, dothefreddy said:

Dec 2008. Missed out on the OG yules because I didn’t know what was going on lol

My situation summed up. I saw the OG yule drops and leetle trees while I was still scouting out what the site was, then finally joined on January 2nd next year.

My oldest is a winter seasonal.

image.png.2c252c797cc455564ecf2899393b3011.png

Edited by Ashywolf

I joined in 2009, so I missed Vampires when they originally dropped, Yulebucks, Hollies, & 09 Valentines. I was really happy when TJ added the Holiday cave so I could get CBs of those as well as getting CB Cave Lurkers. I had no power during Hurricane Sandy, & was gifted some, but they all turned out male. I had just enough power on my Kindle to grab them from my friend. XD So when we got the Holiday Cave I was able to grab some CB Girls! :D I also remember the time Golds & Silvers were turning up in the AP like they suddenly went common! It was a mad scramble in the AP, just like when Hollies suddenly appeared there after a long absence! :D Fun times! :D 

I'm an OG! I just got my account back after having lost the login for over a decade XD

I got a lot of learning to do on what's changed lol

I started back in Nov of 2008 just after Halloween...  played with my kid, who found the site, then got promptly bored as he grew into wanting to play with other things.  Been here ever since, though not as active as I was at first.

*raises hand*  My first dragon was a Magi caught on October 22, 2008.

Edited by Emerald01

I started in 2009, July, it seems. I would have joined earlier but I was still in school back then and everyone in my class was raising pixel dragons so I didn't want to. 😹 Still, I was quite crazy about dragons in general when I was young, so as soon as others got fed up with the Cave, I hurried to make my account!

I used to be pretty active back near the beginning of DC. Joined in 2008, had my own fan site for a little bit. Life got busy, DC kind of fell by the wayside but I would pop in to catch some seasonal releases now and then. I have a lot of catching up to do because of that.