Team EG-X

How many oldies (5+year accounts) Are still here?

I joined in late September 2008 (my oldest dragon is a mint smile.gif, played on and off for a couple of years, missed a lot of holidays and new releases, then wandered back in 2014, found the cave totally changed (BSAs! trading! scroll pages! and AP that was often full of goodies!), had time to lament the fact that I hadn't bothered with caveborn dragons in the olden days (thank goodness I had CB frills, Val'09s, and yulebucks, just because I had caught the releases, but all my bright pinks are messy, as are most of my dragons from those days, actually). I think the thing that lured me back, in addition to the way Departures + teleport makes it so much easier to get nice things than the crazy workarounds with chat windows and AP catching and whatnot, was that a number of sprites I really like had been released meanwhile -- blusangs and GWs, ices and thunders.

Caught my first dragon in Oct 2008. Was here for the madness that was the original vampire drop lol.

I think I joined Spring of 09. I remember browsing by the site earlier and being totally confused because I never saw any eggs, but I'd see the dragons in people's forum sigs. The site had no instructions and no direct link to the forum, so I wasn't sure what it was.

My oldest dragon is from 7th January 2010. Then quit for a while and missed the Rosebuds -.-

But since Halloween 2010 I've been constandly playing.

It's been over 5Years already!

I've been playing since February 13, 2009. I tried in vain to get the valentine dragon that was dropping, wasn't fast enough. Probably a good thing seeing as I knew nothing about hatching the eggs I had caught, I joined the forums not long after.

I can't remember when I joined, lmao.

*raises hand* been here since early/mid 2010 :3

All the changes man. All the changes. Its wild.

Oh my.... Joined in 2008. Sooooooo....seven years.

My mum hated the game for some reason, so she told me I had to stop playing it. -coughs- You can see that went well. I stopped playing for about a half of a year before I crept back online.

Then, when college came along, I became less active.

But I am still collecting egglets now. laugh.gif

These youngins have no idea. We used to only be allowed 50 messages in our inbox/outbox and we had to walk up the hills in our socks while it was snowing! If we were lucky, our red dragons might have offered to keep us warm. Sssheesh.

I joined DC July of '08, and I've been playing pretty steadily ever since. The cave has changed so much since then, but I think it is much more player friendly now days. My favorite improvement was getting more egg slots so I can raise more dragons. laugh.gif

Oh man, it's *so* much more user-friendly. The biomes instead of just one cave, being allowed to collect as many (non-CB) Holiday dragons as we can hold, Magi dragons getting the Teleport BSA, being able to rename dragons... not to mention several I probably missed because I joined after they happened/they happened in the couple of years I was gone. DC has become much easier to play, and as a result, much more fun to play as well.

Oh, and the Encyclopedia, can't forget that. I love having the little link to what dragon I caught right on my egg/hatchie/adult dragon's page. And the fact that the pages are also slowly getting info added to them is just icing on the cake. I love reading about the tidbits artists and spriters came up with as they made their babies.

Edited by silver_chan

June or July 08 - my oldest grew up in early august but

I think there were some fails while I figured out how to hatch eggs lol.

*waves*

Another 2008 here. 25th August to be exact.

Been popping online pretty much everyday.

No....I'm not addicted....

I think I joined in February 2009, although I didn't join the forum until much later. Is there any way to check for sure?

Strick -- the Eggs Around The World view/hatch site has a tab for "Tools," aaand I thought it had a thing that told you what your oldest dragon was but it doesn't, so--um. sorry! >___< anybody else know of anything?

Strick -- the Eggs Around The World view/hatch site has a tab for "Tools," aaand I thought it had a thing that told you what your oldest dragon was but it doesn't, so--um. sorry! >___< anybody else know of anything?

Allure of Neglected Dragons has a scroll stats tool, but unfortunately the site is down at the moment. The new site doesn't seem to have all the extras (yet?).

DC Records doesn't have that tool either although I thought they did. :s

I think I joined in February 2009, although I didn't join the forum until much later.  Is there any way to check for sure?

On your scroll is a button that says Filter By: Show All. There is another button that says Sort By: Account Default. Set the Sort button to Age. It brings up all your eggs hatchlings and any frozens first, and the first adult after them should be your oldest adult.

I hope this helps! smile.gif

ETA: Almost forgot! javascript must be turned on for this feature to work!

Edited by dragongrrl

On your scroll is a button that says Filter By: Show All.  There is another button that says Sort By: Account Default. Set the Sort button to Age. It brings up all your eggs hatchlings and any frozens first, and the first adult after them should be your oldest adult.

I hope this helps! smile.gif

ETA: Almost forgot! javascript must be turned on for this feature to work!

Oh! Thanks for posting that, I just did it now and that sure is a blast from the past (seeing my first four dragons all from the same day, sitting together!).

I can see the last four-digit-coded dragon I caught before going on hiatus, and the first dragon I caught when I came back, two years later. I never realized it was almost exactly two years later! If only I'd stayed for a few more days in 2010. rolleyes.gif

Wow, I didn't realize how long it's been. September '08 here, I had just started college!

Wow, I didn't realize how long it's been. September '08 here, I had just started college!

One month before me, lol.

We old folks'll have to rent a virtual porch and some virtual canes to shake at the young ones letting their dragons 'go' on our virtual lawns. xd.png

I think there are still quite a few of us old timers here.

Ages and ages ago there was a thread for people to post their member number for the cave, that was interesting to read.

I joined on Christmas of 2008 and my first two dragons were yulebucks! My number is 61417.

I joined in Aug. 2008, and my member number is 12270.

My first dragon was a skywing

Larimar Sky

Egg Stolen on: Aug 21, 2008

Hatched on: Aug 25, 2008

Grew up on: Aug 31, 2008

I have been here since 2009 my first Dragon was a very inbred Frill which is in a special place on my scroll since they are also retired now. I still find the game enjoyable and have 5000+ dragons. biggrin.gif

This is my oldest dragon:

Name: Tzmukan'or

Egg Laid on: Jan 29, 2010

Hatched on: Feb 01, 2010

Grew up on: Feb 06, 2010

smile.gif

I've slowed down for some weeks in between, but never took a real break.

By now I have

5329 Adults

6 Deceased (I guess that must be the zombies biggrin.gif)

(here's a tool for scroll stats: http://greg-kennedy.com/dragcave/tools/)

Edited by Ashtoret

I missed Valentine's day in 2009, but it was the time when I joined the site. My sister did it shortly after, but not even she can recall what her first dragons were to be sure when exactly it was, but yeah, a little more than 6 years for both of us. wub.gif