Team EG-X

How many oldies (5+year accounts) Are still here?

I've been around since Nov. 2008. My oldest dragon is a stone. smile.gif

I also regret not grabbing more old pink and frilled dragons, especially since none of them are CB. To add insult to injury, one of my adult frills is inbred, and I froze a CB one of each breed! *headdesk*

I just came back after years of inactivity, but my oldest dragon is from May of 2009! Pity they've all lost their names now though. =\

Edit: Oh man this icon. I can feel the early highschool.

Edited by weaseldale

*raises hand* I've been here forever!

My very first dragon was this Winter, caught on Feb. 25th, 2009!

Back then, her egg came from "the Cave", not a specific biome; its code had only four characters, and it looked pretty different: user posted image

biggrin.gif

the oldest dragon I own was born July 28, 2008. She was not CB...but urgh I missed so many of the 'old' dragons, not getting them CB or not getting them at all because I didn't like them.

that's her...at one time she had over 30 kids, my guess is a few were killed.

http://dragcave.net/view/sGCV

I remember when it was actually hard to catch the holiday dragons, it was either that winter or the next winter that I logged into 5+ people's accounts in order to help them catch their two holiday eggs. Teleport also wasn't a thing, but there were AP-page-links for each dragon that could be auto-refreshed via holding down f5, and that's how things were traded.

I've gotten CBs of everything except I missed the Radiant Angels 😕 And a few other holidays I only narrowly missed, so I missed a good bit on inbetween time~

Edited by Azarkiel

I made this forum account Feb. 2010 so I guess that makes me an "oldie" account! I'm definitely still around, I tend to take one long-ish hiatus per year but overall I'm still fairly active.

I started in 2008. October 11, 2008 if you check my dragons. Just in time for the Autumn seasonal release, and then the Vampire halloween.

These are my four original dragons : Lazuri, Reali'Ty, Poltava, and Celesten. (Moderation? What moderation? Can adopt four, let's go for four!)

Celesten, who turned out to be a secret Dorkface to boot, is actually older then the rest because he was grabbed from the AP as a lower-time egg. Does anyone remember the AP being empty? You had to refresh over and over just to see one egg in there. If there were five, it felt like it was wow so busy.

They were all SO ER when they finally hatched and then grew up, I though they were going to die. Celesten had maybe 1 day left to live as an egg. Didn't know anything about Fansites back then, and had to try to get views by actually posting them around and having people view and click them. It was pretty hard. laugh.gif

Edited by s0r0k4

Hmm, my oldest dragon was laid on Aug 17th, 2008, so I quess I am too an oldie? Though I didn't join forums until Sebtember 2013.

I also had times when I didn't pay much attention to Dragon Cave, so I missed several CB holidays, which I now pretty much regret dry.gif I would have much more impressive scroll if I had cared more about CB's and stuff, not to mention I would probably have more breeding worthy dragons for trading purposes.

I do remember though that in old days catching any dragons was so much harder than now, and before I actually had hard time raising dragons, since I had to post them in forums instead of using click site hatcheries as I do now.

And yes, I also remember that AP could actually be empty at times. blink.gif

And yes, I also remember that AP could actually be empty at times. blink.gif

That seems hard to imagine now, even for someone who was around when that happened. ^^; At least now the full AP doesn't block the cave. That would make hunting impossible.

At least now the full AP doesn't block the cave. That would make hunting impossible.

I had completely forgotten about that! It really was a huge pain, especially since people would abandon during new releases..

^ Oh gosh yes. And on top of that, Multi-clutches were enabled for commons, and Alt. Blacks with Alt. Vines had their own egg sprite. The AP was regularly blocked with walls of the Non-alt black/vine eggs at that time X.X

Anybody remember that Seasonal that got bounced around in the AP for weeks? I forget exactly how long that was able to go on before it grew up and/or the AP stopped adding a day to any egg regardless of whether it had already been in the AP previously.

^ Oh gosh yes. And on top of that, Multi-clutches were enabled for commons, and Alt. Blacks with Alt. Vines had their own egg sprite. The AP was regularly blocked with walls of the Non-alt black/vine eggs at that time X.X

Weren't non-Alt varieties of both those breeds pretty much the most common dragons at the time? XP My second dragon was a non-alt black from the AP.

My oldest dragon was hatched on April 10 (?), 2010, so I guess I am an oldie. :3

Feels weird saying that. I still think of myself as a newb. I haven't been consistently active and have missed several holiday releases and even more regular releases.

But I do remember some major changes... I was thrilled when I discovered that you could bypass the 4 egg limit by breeding a 5th. I remember being so disappointed when I got my first Gold a few days after the sprite change. It would've been nice to see that old sprite on my scroll for just a little while.

When I first joined, I thought freezing was terrible and vowed never to do it. The first hatchling I froze was a little Harvest. It was a big decision for me, and pretty exciting when he gendered despite being frozen.

I wasn't around for alt eggs and multi-clutches, but I remember the cave being blocked (it never affected me, since I did my hunting in the AP).

I was dumb enough to freeze my only CB Ribbon Dancer, whom I now keep with the faint hope of being able to unfreeze someday.

Frankly I was devastated when Biomes were introduced. Too new, they didn't feel like DC. Now I can't imagine hunting without them. x_x

Just checked and I've been here since June 2009. I was inactive for a couple years in there though, and I never do much on the forums. My first dragon was a purple, back when they were always female.

I joined on July 2009, took several breaks so i missed some holiday releases.

I regret not getting more Frills back then (i wanted to form a family), who would have guessed that they would be retired.

I've only seen 5 or 6 people who posted in this topic who are older than I am. I started in March, 2008, but it was years before I joined the forum. My first dragon (Saffire) was stolen March 13th, 2008.

I made a post on my blog from March 17, 2008 when my first dragons were about to hatch. There's a "My Scroll" link in that post that shows my user number was 40179. The links on that page were for "dragcave . ath . cx" which was the server DNS name back then. (sorry for the extra spaces. The forum auto-corrects the old server name to "dragcave.net")

Also, multi-clutches were possible even for golds. My Golden Ramoth had a multi-clutch with Verdell. The first 3 dragons in the progeny list were all born July 24th, 2008. Two golds and a green. It looks like I gave them all away (!). Oh, wait. You could only keep one of the multi-clutch eggs, and the others were auto-abandoned. The one I kept was later gifted to a friend.

Edited by snave

I joined DC during the Valentine '09 event, but being new I didn't know what I was doing so didn't grab any of those... Oh well, live and learn.

I came to the forum during the Lagmonster attack.

Oop, holla. I joined while still in grad school, just looking for a way to kill some time. Worked out well! wink.gif

Technically I'm not at 5 years yet, I joined August 4, 2010, but I'm getting there.

I think I'm the only person though who completely quit for four years - starting around June 2011, missed everything, uh, randomly collected one dragon along the way - and came back.

There have been so many changes. For one, the dragons that people value are way different... CB blacks (alt and normal), CB stripes, CB vines (alt usually), CB hellfires, and CB nebulas used to be some of the more valuable trade offers (after CB golds and silvers, obviously). And I think there are at least twice as many dragons as there were when I was playing from 2010-2011.

Basically I think, with the incentives to use the AP more and the more frequent departure notices, the site has gotten maybe easier/more fair.

Also, kinda funny reason why I came back - was bored, procrastinating on work, decided to check on DC, was playing with BSAs, tried summon, succeeded. O_o Aaaand now I'm back to my high school days, spending inordinate amounts of time clicking and staring at the screen. Sigh. Too lazy to rename everything.

I joined in Autuumn 08. I like the improvements that have been made since then smile.gif

I joined DC July of '08, and I've been playing pretty steadily ever since. The cave has changed so much since then, but I think it is much more player friendly now days. My favorite improvement was getting more egg slots so I can raise more dragons. laugh.gif