Team EG-X

How many oldies (5+year accounts) Are still here?

Checking on my dragon Curiously Strong Mint, one of the first if not the first that I raised, I joined in April 2009.  I started strong but eventually fell off, only popping in for holiday releases (when I remembered) or playing for a few weeks at a time through the years (if I recall correctly, earlier in the game’s history, dragons on inactive scrolls lost their names?  And I didn’t want that to happen 😆).  

I came back and started playing more consistently again in 2020 due to lockdown and finally made my platinum trophy after 10+ years!   I dropped off toward the holidays in 2021 (expertly missing Halloween and Christmas releases), but I am back to chasing the dragon(s) again.   There’s definitely something nice about being able to pick up where I left off no matter how long it’s been — well, excepting the fact I’m constantly losing ground on affording that Staterae 😆

Been here since March 21, 2013.  Heading into my 9th year here...can't believe it's been that long, haha!

WOW!  I've been here since fall of 2008....where does the time go?

Golden Oldie from 2008 here! I don't breed dragons too often anymore, but I do visit the site and get eggs from the AP and the biomes. I make a point of dropping by on holidays for the limited-release eggs.

I joined Dragcave in 2010.  There were a few years where I wasn't active, or would only come on for events.  Even less active in the forums, apparently.

I joined back in 2012 (but didn't join the forums until a few days ago, oops)! I was inactive for a few years here and there, so I have a lot of catching up to do. 

Joined Dec 4, 2008, still active... First 4 dragons: Aeriala (Skywing), Stonecypher (Stone), Black - wild now, Guardian - wild now,

i joined in 2010, I’m playing on and off— always coming back for new releases and holidays but recently I’ve gotten obsessed and I’m even naming, renaming, and cleaning up my entire scroll. 

Late 2008 for me.  Haven't stopped playing since then.  🙂

2010 here - but I wasn't in the game all the time. Had some pauses inbetween for some years. But now I'm here regulary :)

I joined in 2009, but I can't remember the month! :D  

I am still active, even though it might be a little sporadic at times. I make sure to log on for holiday events, though.

Wow,  this thread was made in 2015! I started in 2009, after playing Neopets and Fuzz Academy (non existent now). Eventually I went back to Neopets and I've been playing DC on and off.

I find that there's so many dragons to catch up to! I also try to log in during holidays events.

I think the oldest dragon that i have is a black named Basalta, from Aug 17, 2008.

I try to get back for holidays, and events, but i have been known to not heck in for months at a time.

Edited by Stripey
found an error

Ha, I joined the site a year before this thread was posted and now my account's long since old enough to post here. It's crazy how fast time flies by.

My oldest dragon is Oct.29, 2008. https://dragcave.net/view/Xyzs 

When I first named my dragons, including this dragon, I didn't realize yet that dragons had gender. So this MALE dragon has a female name lol. I've kept it the same all these years to remind myself how clueless I was when I first started playing.

I missed the CB Halloween vampire eggs on Oct.31, 2008 because I didn't realize it was a special event and the vampire eggs would disappear afterwards. I thought I could just wait for my current eggs to hatch and then catch the new Halloween vampire eggs. These current eggs were random eggs I had grabbed from the AP. I had no understanding of rarity or value of different dragons or breedings. So I missed 2008 CB vampire eggs for some trash eggs from the AP because I had no idea what I was doing. 😂

I joined the forums a few days later on Nov.4, 2008 and started learning things. Back then, if you weren't part of the forum, you were REALLY in the dark about most things about how the game functioned.

For 2009-2013 (the college years) I was super active in trading and breeding. But since I graduated college, I've mostly only played new releases. I want to do more and get back to breeding projects I left unfinished or want to start, but it's just hard to find the time. I make sure to do new releases in case I want to start playing a lot again, so all of the ingredients are there and I don't have to hunt down dragon breeds just to start again.

A user from 2013 here. I think it would be enough old to count as old user because my active time is longer than half of whole DC history.

October 2008 for me, though I had a couple of years away and had to play catch-up. My first dragon was a caveborn Skywing called Navier. But initially I wasn’t fussed about lineage, because it just wasn’t that easy to see lineage back then, and we couldn’t influence eggs, so lots of my early dragons are a bit messy, and my love of checkers came along much later.

2008 apparently. I've got badges and such from events older than my kid. ^_^ Don't remember my very first dragon, but I think maybe it was a mint? I have a few mints from September and October of 2008. I've come and gone from this site so many times over the years, so it's nice to see the community is still strong and thriving!

October 2008.  Was here for the first Halloween event and so got to experience the insanity that was the original Vampire drop, as well as the first Seasonal (Fall) drop.