Team EG-X

How many oldies (5+year accounts) Are still here?

I joined in 2010 and couldn't tell you for the life of me which years I've been super active. I stop having a lot of dragons with dates past 2016, so I'm pretty sure I dropped off then, but I've got forum messages from 2018 and assorted event dragons from even later than that... I really do love that this site is still here and the forums here with it 12 years after I found them. It hasn't changed significantly, so it feels like I'll always have a place on the internet that I can just drop back into.

signed in 2008, bit tired of naming and sorting and too lazy for the event-games (sorry!), but still collecting and breeding sometimes. DC had been my very first online game 🙂

(oh, this thread isn't actual! maybe i did post already years ago..? )

Edited by lamel
forgot something

Started out in 2008, and haven't really taken a break. Didn't work on lineages all the time, but checked in for each new release, both holiday and regular.

I created my scroll in 2010; my first dragon was a Horse stolen from the cave on 11/22/2010 at about 9:00 PM.

I was a forum mod for a short stint in 2011, and contributed an egg sprite that year for the Easter Egg Hunt (back when they were VERY simple... as I wasn't very good at it!)

In the beginning, I was very enthusiastic about describing my dragons; I have 246 approved and 1 pending user description, but that practice fell to the way-side over the years.

I was around when the prize dragons were first released; sadly, I have never managed to obtain a CB one of my own; although my son, daughter, and ex-husband all have... too funny that I have been the most active player in our family, yet I'm the only one who hasn't won one yet!  LOL

My health took a rough turn early in 2020, so I haven't been playing much the past couple of years - really just keeping up with the Holiday releases!

One of my scroll goals has always been to have some of every type of dragon - which my absence has seriously harmed!  My plan at this point is to try to catch up with all the new amazing dragons out there, and try to wrap my head around all the variants and new BSAs!  :)

LadyA

I created my scroll in late 2008 around November and signed in the forums in December. iirc my first ever dragon is a white dragon. :D

I missed the Holly cave drops (or if it really was like that in the past, I can't remember) but I do remember trying to catch some in the abandoned page in the 2009 Christmas event. It was really a battle to catch one in the AP around those time. I think I also tried the catching in the AP method of egg transfer/gifting in the past. It is why I'm so thankful to the Magi teleportation BSA.

I go on hiatus from time to time but I would really try to come back and join the event holidays especially the valentines.

I signed up for DC in 2008 and have been playing regularly ever since. I've actually been playing more in recent years than I used to! I really love all the new mechanics and increased difficulty in obtaining certain breeds (like the Sapphire variations ❤️). I happened to grow up to marry someone who's also been playing DC since they were a kid, so now we play together and help each other out in a bunch of little ways, which has also greatly increased my enjoyment of the game. Everything's just more fun when you're sharing it with someone! ^^

I got my second scroll in 2014 after losing access to my first one. I can't even remember my scroll name which is annoying.

I've been away for a few years and I had been away for a while before coming back in 2014. I realised then that I'd forgotten my scroll name and password. And the email I'd used to sign up with originally had been lost to a hacker.

So I started over with a new scroll. This one.

I can't even remember what that email was now. It was a hotmail or rocketmail but beyond that no idea.

I tried to search for a dragon on that scroll by a half remembered name but got no google results.

Tried with a dragon on my current scroll but same thing.

It's a shame.

I think the dragon's name was Melehto. I could be wrong but that rings a bell.

I don't know if anyone can find my old scroll from that (if the dragon name is even right).

I would just like to look through it one more time.

Edited by Cireth

I've played from 2010 to 2013 I think - then I stopped because I transitioned from being a teen into an adult. I've been playing on and off for years, and it was only this year I've started playing again for real. I'm just really glad my scroll and names are there, I can remember lots of things that were going on in my life just by looking at my oldest dragons. 

1 hour ago, Cireth said:

I don't know if anyone can find my old scroll from that (if the dragon name is even right).

I got curious and tried to look it up (https://dragcave.net/view/n/Melehto).

However it's also very likely that after a period of inactivity, dragon names are reverted back into the codes. 

A shame, and sorry to hear about this bit of regret. A lingering sort of thing that stays with you. 

37 minutes ago, -Rinikka- said:

I can remember lots of things that were going on in my life just by looking at my oldest dragons.

Ahaha, it's kind of nice to look at the passage of time and what particularly imprinted on those memories yes? Very cute~

/signed, you can see all the fandom things I favor from dragon name to dragon name X3

Hmmm, I have a bit of a wonky start. I've probably said this elsewhere already but yes, scroll is old (2006-2010) and there's a long time from the origin to actually managing to get a dragon raised to adulthood successfully (2011). I also signed on for the forums suuuuper late, to the point where I would be considered a newbie in that one ranking thread. Anyway! The whole reason for the gap of time was because the first time I got a series of eggs and they died on me (because what are hatcheries? help tutorial where?) I got horribly scarred lol. Lots of questions like how were people able to get so many clicks, unique views? 1,000 and up? Inconceivable!! So I just stopped until I picked it up again because gaiaonline had a few dragcave places and with the help of that community I was able to understand how to do the thing. 

Edited by Sinsdaemn

1 hour ago, Sinsdaemn said:

I got curious and tried to look it up (https://dragcave.net/view/n/Melehto).

However it's also very likely that after a period of inactivity, dragon names are reverted back into the codes. 

A shame, and sorry to hear about this bit of regret. A lingering sort of thing that stays with you.

Ah well. Thanks for trying.

It's entirely possible that:

a) The name is wrong and my memory is wonky there.

b) The name was correct but because of no activity for more than a decade my dragons all lost their names.

Even if Melehto, if that was his name, had shown up I don't remember if my scroll name was visible or not on my dragon's pages.

I wish I could remember my scroll name. But it could be literally anything depending on what fandom I was obsessed with at the time.

I joined in 2010 and I think I went on hiatus only once. There's just something charming and nostalgic in DC that no other similar petsite seems to have. I gave a chance to quite a few of them but they all had their own problems that made me eventually drop them; either it was the mechanics or the community. Sure DC has its own set of issues, but it doesn't bother me this much. Perhaps social interactions are just too hard for me sometimes lol

I remember when there was one cave, trading could be done only through the AP, unobtainable Frills and Bright Pinks, and Prize insanity when everyone paid an arm and leg for a high gen and when I was ripped off a CB Silver... good old times xD

First dragon? This Hellfire butt. https://dragcave.net/view/1tjt