angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

What if there was a 2 CB limit for the first day? Or first two days? And then for the last two or one days people could grab as many as they wanted.

That would be beyond awesome! smile.gif

I hope to see the day limits are lifted. Accompanied by the re-release of past Holiday CBs. Both would be a real dream!

i would love this!

What if there was a 2 CB limit for the first day? Or first two days? And then for the last two or one days people could grab as many as they wanted.

That's actually a very interesting concept, and I think a lot of people would settle for that. Although for someone such as myself, it would bother me not having eggs Stolen On: *insert Holiday date here*. I need my Val Dragons Stolen On Feb 14th, my Halloween Dragons Stolen On Oct 31st, and my Xmas Dragons Stolen On Dec 25th.

But... *sighs*

If it meant having more Val/Xmas Dragons...

I'd end up being A-OKAY with it.

I'd be up for raising it to 3. I don't like even numbers :'D

SACRILEGE!!!

Odd numbers are EVIL!

Off with her head.

(I don't like odd numbers. tongue.gif This is why I think we need 4 or 8. Not 3. Not 6. Even numbers that split up into even numbers of pairs. )

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I actually like this as a possible idea - though it might also mean that Valentine's Day needs to become a 3-day drop as well OR it will require people to adopt and dump a bunch of Valentine's eggs to the AP on the 14th in the hopes of seeing them at a later time.

Anyhow - it would allow you get two 'True Date' Holiday dragons for those who feel the need to have the proper date...and then gives you others (ex. someone might not want to freeze a true date dragon)

Though I still would rather just see it increase to 3 or 4 eggs total - allowing for sprite collectors to be able to get one of each sprite, and then get an additional to do with as they please (ex. with Holiday Dragons - my usual breakdown is 2 CB Adults, 1 s2 hatchling, 1 s1 hatchling - so with a 4 egg limit, I could get this all in one go and not have to wait a year and hope people breed the eggs I need [for example - having a hard time finding another Aegis egg to get an additional hatchling to freeze])

Ehh... really, 2CBs was way too few for the Aegis... I've been seing so many people say they can't catch any or enough... Or that there's not enough if Enraged...

And seems majority of those who didn't refuse to make an enraged Aegis have 1 Cb of each, not 2 enrageds? If everyone had those at least 4CBs I bet quite a few of those who now have 1 each while preffering the enraged would have 3 enraged and 1 pacified(for the sake of having at least one CB of each sprite possible), though that's a guesswork here.

Really, the limit should have been upped with the Aegis release... because of those alts(well, they are pretty much alts in a sense)... And one can't even start EGs with Aegises if they weren't too repulsed to enrage 1 and have 1 of each(and seems majority has 1 CB of each)...

It's sad this s not a thing yet... I caught my fill this year within first 5h of the release - I just went to the Alpine on my pretty slow mobile, and got it, I had to retry fo the 2nd egg just because I have't refreshed the page after catchign the first, I got my 2nd by the first click after that 1 single refresh... this is just... WAY too easy... within the initial hours? so easy? really... I like easy for new releases but that was easier than easy...

4CBs is the minimum we should be allowed to have of those... 8 would be ideal for a variety of reasons, even if I don't need those. It would still be easy enough with 8 if you count the entire 3-day drop as a whole...

I just saw 1 strange thing looking at my friend hunting this year eggs - the biomes didn't generate new eggs on the 5min drops at that time at all so they were empty... I've literally seen her refresh for a minute, starting before the 05/10 minute and ending after at least half of a minute and no eggs appeared... what was that thing? Not a nice trick to make the biomes empty this way instead of by players grabbing eggs xd.png

HAHAHA 0(!)-2 people per biome right now xd.png that only shows it... hardly anyone left still hunting there... 900 players online. And it's still 26h of the flood left... ehh...

Ad I guess some of those are just code-hunting?

Edited by VixenDra

I actually like this as a possible idea - though it might also mean that Valentine's Day needs to become a 3-day drop as well OR it will require people to adopt and dump a bunch of Valentine's eggs to the AP on the 14th in the hopes of seeing them at a later time.

Valentines already is a 3 day drop. Always has been, if I recall correctly.

Proof: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173429

Ehh... really, 2CBs was way too few for the Aegis... I've been seing so many people say they can't catch any or enough... Or that there's not enough if Enraged...

[...]

I just saw 1 strange thing looking at my friend hunting this year eggs - the biomes didn't generate new eggs on the 5min drops at that time at all so they were empty... I've literally seen her refresh for a minute, starting before the 05/10 minute and ending after at least half of a minute and no eggs appeared... what was that thing? Not a nice trick to make the biomes empty this way instead of by players grabbing eggs xd.png.png

Yah, Aegises... argh. Such amazing sprites, such a horrible idea for a super limited dragon. Anyone who wants one CB of both sprites will... well... only literally have one CB of both, and then if you try to make lineages with them, you have to worry about people possibly changing Aegis in the line from Pacified to Enraged or vice-versa. And then wait a year to try to replace said line. None of these things would have been a problem if we had higher CB limits, and that would've made such a cool concept fully awesome instead of half awesome, half aggravating.

I wouldn't sweat it about there not being too many Aegises, though--holidays increase exponentially in number every year, so the newest breeds will always be scarcest. Higher CB limits would help a bit but largely that would remain true.

Also--on Christmas there was a glitch where Christmas eggs weren't spawning for about a half hour until it was fixed, so that was likely what your friend saw, not any secret shenanigans smile.gif

thx for explaining:)

you know what... I have this idea...

it's too late for this dragon but it can be actually done for the Valentine 17 if we can organize, and repeated on next releases of the 2CBs limit breeds:

It would be a nice player-base protest to fill the AP with so many of a 2CBs-limited holiday for a few hours at least xd.png and if it was like this for a few releases like this... you know, graw your fill of 2, 5h, abandon both, fill, 5h, abandon etc. till it's the last moment for you to cave-grab your final fill for raising. If enough of people do this, we may achieve a good AP blockage with eggs nearly nobody can grab.

I'd hope this may help to get this limit rised (though I don't personally need it because of how few I collect, but I'd realy like to see this somehow normalized...), because even those players who don't really want the limit rised may get angry with such an AP pretty unmoveable blockage and then even them could be fed up with such low limits tongue.gif

2CBs is just.... ehhh... causing much negative stuff, including greed (2gens from a chrisXchris or valXval count as 2 gens in trades VERY often... for a reason. While Halloween 2gens are gifted away, I was collecting 2g pairs last year of all the holidays exept Hollies and those few I had CB pairs of, it indeed worked like this... almost all Halloween PB 2gens were for free upon request, almost all 2g chris and val pseudo PBs counted as if each was 2 2gens instead of 1; and I was seeking the breeders in advance for all 3 types to not be so stressed when the time comes)

SACRILEGE!!!

Odd numbers are EVIL!

Off with her head.

(I don't like odd numbers. tongue.gif This is why I think we need 4 or 8. Not 3. Not 6. Even numbers that split up into even numbers of pairs. )

I couldn't agree more smile.gif

thx for explaining:)

you know what... I have this idea...

it's too late for this dragon but it can be actually done for the Valentine 17 if we can organize, and repeated on next releases of the 2CBs limit breeds:

It would be a nice player-base protest to fill the AP with so many of a 2CBs-limited holiday for a few hours at least xd.png and if it was like this for a few releases like this... you know, graw your fill of 2, 5h, abandon both, fill, 5h, abandon etc. till it's the last moment for you to cave-grab your final fill for raising. If enough of people do this, we may achieve a good AP blockage with eggs nearly nobody can grab.

I'd hope this may help to get this limit rised (though I don't personally need it because of how few I collect, but I'd realy like to see this somehow normalized...), because even those players who don't really want the limit rised may get angry with such an AP pretty unmoveable blockage and then even them could be fed up with such low limits tongue.gif

2CBs is just.... ehhh... causing much negative stuff, including greed (2gens from a chrisXchris or valXval count as 2 gens in trades VERY often... for a reason. While Halloween 2gens are gifted away, I was collecting 2g pairs last year of all the holidays exept Hollies and those few I had CB pairs of, it indeed worked like this... almost all Halloween PB 2gens were for free upon request, almost all 2g chris and val pseudo PBs counted as if each was 2 2gens instead of 1; and I was seeking the breeders in advance for all 3 types to not be so stressed when the time comes)

I think this has happened before without it being in protest. It was just disheartening that I couldn't pick any up. And I believe the thread for this suggestion existed then.

I can't remember if I've ever posted in this thread before, but regardless I agree that limits should be removed. To me, they are no longer valid or necessary (if they ever were in the first place). In fact, the old limit of only being able to own 2 kept me from breeding mine as much in the past, and I was never really excited for Valentine's Day or Christmas here during that time (both sentiments seem to go against the whole idea of both holidays being about giving more dragons than receiving).

Let's see if we can organise this Holiday AP flood as a thing, and get people to sign up!

I definitely want to get a screenshot of the AP being completely full of the newest breed of holiday eggs.

Does someone want to make a thread dedicated to the AP flood? If not, I will, but I'm not quite sure what to title it, or what to say xd.png

It should really help the cause if we manage to completely block the AP, because then the game will be almost unplayable until someone makes some kind of change - and TJ is the only person who could do that. Here's a deal for TJ - if we can fill the AP and have screenshot proof, you have to raise the CB limit, even if it's just to 4! smile.gif

Let's see if we can organise this Holiday AP flood as a thing, and get people to sign up!

I definitely want to get a screenshot of the AP being completely full of the newest breed of holiday eggs.

Does someone want to make a thread dedicated to the AP flood? If not, I will, but I'm not quite sure what to title it, or what to say xd.png

It should really help the cause if we manage to completely block the AP, because then the game will be almost unplayable until someone makes some kind of change - and TJ is the only person who could do that. Here's a deal for TJ - if we can fill the AP and have screenshot proof, you have to raise the CB limit, even if it's just to 4! smile.gif

I wouldn't mind helping out, but I don't think it will do anything to change TJ's mind. Sadly.

I wouldn't mind helping out, but I don't think it will do anything to change TJ's mind. Sadly.

I have to agree. Mostly because right now having all those extra eggs floating around isn't really a problem. If we make it a problem by flooding the AP with them then that is our own fault and he may not feel like fixing it for us.

If he plans to raise the limits he will. If he doesn't, then I don't think an action like that is going to force his hand.

Well, not FORCE but might inspire him to think it over again about the limits if they'd start causing actual issues like a completely blocked AP till all those blocking CBs finally die out:P

I guess it's already very difficult to do such an AP block because 1st not enough of people are doing that pick-wait5h-abandon cycle and 2nd because there are always some latecomers left (despite the 3-days floodO_o) who can still pick these up from the AP, but I don't think it's a reason for not even trying or it would indeed never be doable with such thinking around:P At some point, people able to pick those up would run out...

Edited by VixenDra

I think would be possible to do such an AP block but I'm afraid would be counterproductive. If we have a wall of new CBs there, that means that we have already enough in our scrolls, why should TJ lift the limit? And, I do not know him but many people do not react well to forcing.

Personally, I would be peeved by having a wall blocking me from getting the off-springs of other holidays, considering that many people breed on the last possible day.

I'm all for lifting the limit, just not sure that a wall is the way to go.

ETA: take a look at the AP.

Edited by SullenCat

I'm against completely removing the limit since I don't like when "rich" players (those with cb prizes) hoard tons of cb holidays.

But I'm totally in to raise the limit to 4 (since I like even numbers). It is so sad to see the AP now, filled with eggs no one can catch

All those eggs sitting in the AP... depressing to think of how many will be deleted because they can't be picked up.

It would be real nice to have at least a slight bump...

They ARE being picked up - almost all gone now.

And they are gone already. There must have been quite a few who missed the drop.

I feel is is sort of lame that we can get unlimited Halloween dragons but not the other two. At least let it be six.

I'm pretty sure that the Holiday eggs are simply deleted a week after their respective Holidays. Source: I'm pretty sure that happened after Halloween. So even if we do this blocking thing, we'll just sabotage ourselves in the end.

Edited to rephrase.

Edited by silver_chan