angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

I wouldn't mind the 2 only being lifted, long as they stay the same one gender a year and able to snag more then one day. People work and may not be able to snag the one day.

Also keep it to normal egg limits like you can only catch 4 or 6, that way you still have pairs.

I'm neither against, or with this suggestion. On one hand I'm content with sticking with only 2 cbs per xmas/val per year; whereas, on the other hand I'd like the limit to be raised just slightly. If the limit should be raised, the number I would propose would be three, to match GoNs. Mostly to just freeze two of the new dragons for the varying stages of hatchling growth after one of them grows. (Though I wouldn't do it because I love studding out my guys and gals lol)

A limit of four would be nice, but I find that would be a little bit too freeing. Any limit more than four I am absolutely against purely because the xmas/vals would just be caught like halloweens. Why I think this is because some don't trade for more halloweens after they get their limit, I certainly don't.

As for breeding, I think that the inability to re-breed cb holidays after they've been bred is a bit silly, though understandable. Maybe keep the default breeding time, and lengthen the breeding window. (As someone might have suggested.)

I posted a long comment somewhere in this thread

But I do think that after having experienced every holiday breeding season once already, I think the limit needs to be raised, at least to 4.

I really really had to push mysyelf to gift an egg this season and putting myself (possibly) a year behind on a V-day breeding project with Heartstealers. If we had at least 4 dragons lineages would be much more easier/faster to breed or allow to make longer lineages.

It was extremely hard to find willing people to trade or gift 2g V-day dragon eggs due to only 2 cbs per scroll. While Halloween was extremely easy, AND I was able to catch some more 2gs in the ap (look at my scroll for Halloween vs the number of Christmas dragons, as this was my first year for both and see how much easier it was to find Halloweens).

There are a lot of other points I could make but I'm having a bit of trouble focussing right now and don't want to ramble.

I'll save the number-crunching for someone else. I personally would like to see a raise in the CB limits for holidays. With new membership growing all the time, & older members leaving/going on hiatus, how long until the CB populations of holidays become nonexistent & leave the undesireable messy/high gen offspring? Face it, there currently is no way to infuse new, older holiday blood into the breeding pool outside of each year's scheduled holiday release. Each year sees the potential for older, low-gen holiday lines shrink. Remember how hollies were before their inclusion as HM? Somewhere in the ultra rare range.

I'll stop before this becomes a rambling mess (it sounds better in my head than it does being put into text!). I would just like a raise in CB limit numbers on holiday eggs so the CB breeding stock of holidays does not go extinct.

Actually why not upping the CB limit to the number of biomes we have? meaning 6.

Just think... you don't know how the adult will look like only when it's too late to pick the biome and grab from it, how do you know which biomes to take the egg from if there are more dragons like Coppers whose bred 'alt' depends on the mate's BIOME? What if we get some breed that drops in all 6 biomes and has 6 mate's biome-specific alts?(Xenowyrms are close to that but they have a chance of keeping the parent Xeno's 'alt' unlike Coppers, and anytime a Copper-like 6-biome alt dragon may be released)

With limit of 6 everyone would be able to choose to catch a CB from each biome.

With the current limit one can't even have mates for all 3 Coppers...

Even the no-trophy scrolls could get 6 actually, if they prepare just this tiny bit and have 2 Reds to incubate and catch the first 2-4 in the first day of the drop. That is more than possible to do! smile.gif

same with 8.

I think I'm mostly in favour of 8 or 6 CBs limit.

8 - good number for lineage builders, also it's no-trophy scroll x2(meaning such a scroll CAN possibly get all 8 without trading, at least is not unable to), if sb freezes 1 per stage they end up with 6 adults and can have 1 adult per biome anyway.

6 - for 6 biomes and possible biome-bound breedings (of the Copper-like mechanics). also if sb decides to have a frozen of both stages, they end up with 4 adults which is also not bad for lineage building. If someone decides to freeze 3 (2 S2s) they end up with 3 adults and it's 50-50 then, also it's the numeber of GoNs we can currently have and the number of Copper 'alts'.

8 would be most awesome but 6 is also pretty justifed and would be cool.

Edited by VixenDra

I support both sides of the argument, actually. I'd love to have a 4 CB limit for breeding purposes, but then I'd also like to be able to just get my 2 and save the rest of my space for other breeds I'm trying to snatch up. I can't make up my mind on this one.

I think that four or six would be a good limit. With three days to hatch them, the vast majority of players would be able to get a full set, and even just four would be a huge boon to the breeding pool.

I think I'm mostly in favour of 8 or 6 CBs limit.

8 - good number for lineage builders, also it's no-trophy scroll x2(meaning such a scroll CAN possibly get all 8 without trading, at least is not unable to), if sb freezes 1 per stage they end up with 6 adults and can have 1 adult per biome anyway.

6 - for 6 biomes and possible biome-bound breedings (of the Copper-like mechanics). also if sb decides to have a frozen of both stages, they end up with 4 adults which is also not bad for lineage building. If someone decides to freeze 3 (2 S2s) they end up with 3 adults and it's 50-50 then, also it's the numeber of GoNs we can currently have and the number of Copper 'alts'.

8 would be most awesome but 6 is also pretty justifed and would be cool.

I favor 8, myself. Only the very newest of the newbies won't be able to get the full 8 (you only need 4 reds, after all). And as someone who was a "newbie" (on for 6 months) during the Pumpkin release.... odds are you won't know to catch them in the first place! I didn't, really.

If you see the Holiday coming and have no trophy, then you know to prepare and people give away Reds. And if you know to prepare, its dead easy to get a full 8. And if you don't know to prepare? you likely weren't aware of what was coming and probably won't realize what you need to grab anyway.

Newbies are important. But severely limiting the older players for fear of some very small number of users not being able to grab the full limit is unfair.... to the older players, since said newbies already failed to get "full limits" for Halloween.

So in short:

I'll take whatever I can get, but I'd love 8, would be thrilled with 6, and would be content with 4.

Cheers!

C4.

The Mistletoes were designed to be a sort of counterpart to the Hollies, since people commonly confuse the two in real life; that's why they have a colored underbelly, tail ornament representing their respective plant, and gender the way they do. However, their behavior (and the Hollies') should not be taken as directive to retroactively change how other breeds behave, especially when they were designed with a specific feature in mind, such as gendering a certain way. While I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to releasing a new Holiday or Valentine's breed that can gender both way or is dimorphic, that would need to come with a increase in their limits--at least, for that one breed--to convince me.

from piemaster on this https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=176035&st=20

so i think christmas and valentines should have no cb limit like halloween. with no limits the holiday dragons when being concepted they can be concepted as having both genders and dimorphic

this gives way to a whole bunch of new lineage possibilities because now you can have both genders of the holiday dragon to use in lineage like for example male sweetling x female silver and female sweetling x male silver (no im not suggesting we make sweetlings diomorphic they're just an example)

the new holiday dragons would flood the cave for three days and everybody who logs in over the point of three days can grab their fill. and with this there will be less worry over cb christmas and valentines dragons basically disappearing because the only people who own them havent played the game in years. hollies seem to be a pretty big issue because of that. and imagine if an older player has a cb prize and only one adult cb yulebuck and they refuse. theres no way to get a replacement.

so i see no negative effects happening to the game by getting rid of cb holiday dragon limits. and with limits gone people are going to be more open to dimorphic holidays

This is still something I'm really hoping for smile.gif Halloween is so much fun because I can happily breed my multiple CBs for others, but during Christmas / Valentines I have so few CBs I keep those breedings for myself... quite a reversal of the intended "Christmas / Valentines are for sharing, Halloween is for being greedy!" intent the limits were meant to enforce.

Hahaha, yep!

I'd like to re-iterate my post, earlier:

8 would be fantastic, as even the newbies should be able to get them.... if they have help incubating.

6 would be very lovely, and as above.... Newbies would be able to get a min of 4, and many would still get a full 8. And they have already not gotten the full compliment for Halloween.

4 would be a vast improvement.

In the end, I will not even consider sharing my CB Valentine and CB Chrismtas breedings, because they are too valuable. But I happily give away the CB Halloween breedings.

And for those worried about there not being enough Christmas and Valentine eggs.... The Cave floods for *3 days*. After about noon on the first day, its super easy to get the eggs.

Cheers!

C4.

Not with a three day drop - all it takes to get 8 CB eggs is one Red dragon able to incubate.

Just a thought: Make CB Valentines and Christmas dragons non-incubatable at the same time that the limit is lifted.

That would allow the CB limit to be lifted and prevent players from getting 14 CBs, at the slight cost of one less day of old-holiday hunting due to a locked scroll.

Just a thought: Make CB Valentines and Christmas dragons non-incubatable at the same time that the limit is lifted.

That would allow the CB limit to be lifted and prevent players from getting 14 CBs, at the slight cost of one less day of old-holiday hunting due to a locked scroll.

Forcing no incubate would not prevent someone like me, with lots of trading power, from getting as many as I cared for. I easily get 20 CB Halloweens each year..... and I stop there because I *choose* to stop there.

If you want to keep people from getting 14, then you need a hard limit. Because without that hard limit, people will trade for many more. All forcing no-incubate would do would be inconvenience those who don't want more. And those who do want more, will still be able to trade to get a ton.

Personally, I have no issue with 14 / no limit, but many people do.

So to me, the best compromise would be 8:

- Its a nice even number, lets people breed 5th gen checkers on their own scroll

- Since the drop is 3 days anyone with 1 incubate can easily get a full 8 (and they will be so plentiful that newbies can easily get help hatching),

- Having 8 available will lead to a ton of sharing... especially of Holidays that are 2 or more years old

Cheers!

C4.

why does there need to be a limit??? why cant people collect as many as they want??? there is no such thing as hoarding in this game

why does there need to be a limit??? why cant people collect as many as they want??? there is no such thing as hoarding in this game

One very good point, actually.

I'd be happy with a 4 CB limit(that way I can breed a 4th-gen checker by myself >w<), but I'm not so sure about lifting the limit altogether. Catching and trading for as many CBs as possible would be quite stressful, especially when it's Christmas and there are family meetings, etc.

I'd be happy with a 4 CB limit(that way I can breed a 4th-gen checker by myself >w<), but I'm not so sure about lifting the limit altogether. Catching and trading for as many CBs as possible would be quite stressful, especially when it's Christmas and there are family meetings, etc.

well you dont have to catch and trade for "as many as possible" you just need enough to complete your scroll goals. now christmas eggs drop for 3 days straight. lets say a gold scroll user picks up 7 eggs locking themselves on the first day and they incubate. they should be able to pick up another batch of eggs on the third day. now what is wrong with that? the eggs will be dropping for three days straight. that is more then enough time for people to log in and grab some eggs more than enough time. everyone would be able to have a full scroll of these eggs. so what if people trade to get more of them?

get rid of the limits completely but keep the eggs dropping in the cave for three days

Ditto. Plus make Halloween dragons drop for 3 days straight, too. xd.png /greed

Ditto. Plus make Halloween dragons drop for 3 days straight, too. xd.png /greed

Oh my gosh I'd love this, haha. I could actually complete my scroll goals for Halloween every year...

well you dont have to catch and trade for "as many as possible" you just need enough to complete your scroll goals. now christmas eggs drop for 3 days straight. lets say a gold scroll user picks up 7 eggs locking themselves on the first day and they incubate. they should be able to pick up another batch of eggs on the third day. now what is wrong with that? the eggs will be dropping for three days straight. that is more then enough time for people to log in and grab some eggs more than enough time. everyone would be able to have a full scroll of these eggs. so what if people trade to get more of them?

get rid of the limits completely but keep the eggs dropping in the cave for three days

Well, getting as many limited Holiday dragons as possible is my scroll goal ^^; It's the only time those breeds will be dropping in the cave, so I kind of feel obligated to get a lot of them while I can. I'm sure there are people out there who share the sentiment.

I mentioned the time issue since people have been saying that they can't spare that much time in the holidays because there is a massive increase of rl things they need to attend to. I personally don't have much of a problem hunting 6~7 eggs, but even I don't want to get stressed over planning incubates/influences, waiting for the second batch, hunting for the second batch, etc. I've seen a lot of people who use up hours to get egglocked in the New Release threads, and I doubt they'll want to sacrifice their holiday family time to spend more hours getting Christmas eggs.

Well, getting as many limited Holiday dragons as possible is my scroll goal ^^; It's the only time those breeds will be dropping in the cave, so I kind of feel obligated to get a lot of them while I can. I'm sure there are people out there who share the sentiment.

I mentioned the time issue since people have been saying that they can't spare that much time in the holidays because there is a massive increase of rl things they need to attend to. I personally don't have much of a problem hunting 6~7 eggs, but even I don't want to get stressed over planning incubates/influences, waiting for the second batch, hunting for the second batch, etc. I've seen a lot of people who use up hours to get egglocked in the New Release threads, and I doubt they'll want to sacrifice their holiday family time to spend more hours getting Christmas eggs.

but then thats on them. they are making the choice of choosing family time over hunting eggs. nobody is forcing that on them and honestly having the eggs drop for three days straight really gives people plenty of time to hunt while also spending time with their family. and why dont people just plan their influences and incubates ahead of time if its so stressful?

but then thats on them. they are making the choice of choosing family time over hunting eggs. nobody is forcing that on them and honestly having the eggs drop for three days straight really gives people plenty of time to hunt while also spending time with their family. and why dont people just plan their influences and incubates ahead of time if its so stressful?

Christmas is traditionally a time for families and friends. It's natural that many people will use the time as such, and TJ is being considerate for them. And as I've said before, people spend different amounts of time for egg hunting. I doubt people with slow wifi, etc. who lag behind on the speed competition will have enough time for both. sad.gif You might say that's on them as well, but I do think we should take them into account.

I did plan my BSAs months before. It's finding the time to carry out that plan between unexpected new rl things(which means making more plans on the spot) and making sure to do it that's the most stressful, especially when I have to do that for two more batches added to the AP Holiday batches.

Christmas is traditionally a time for families and friends. It's natural that many people will use the time as such, and TJ is being considerate for them. And as I've said before, people spend different amounts of time for egg hunting. I doubt people with slow wifi, etc. who lag behind on the speed competition will have enough time for both. sad.gif You might say that's on them as well, but I do think we should take them into account.

I did plan my BSAs months before. It's finding the time to carry out that plan between unexpected new rl things(which means making more plans on the spot) and making sure to do it that's the most stressful, especially when I have to do that for two more batches added to the AP Holiday batches.

but im not understanding. the fast clickers will get scroll locked and when that happens the slower people will more than easily be able to grab their christmas eggs. and plus there are a lot of nice people here who will gift christmas eggs to those who missed out despite there being a 3 day flood BUT ONLY IF PEOPLE CAN GRAB AN UNLIMITED AMOUNT. people wont gift or share if they can only have two of the holiday eggs.

and i understand that life happens but i dont think the game should accommodate to everyone who had their plans suddenly changed on them. life sucks and it happens. but with no limits there would be more gifting and more trading to those who missed out or got the wrong gender.

I'll happily gift these CBs, the higher the limit the more I'll gift away; nowadays I won't.

Come on...

with 3 days drop and limit of 2, after a few initial hours it takes just a few seconds already on the 1st day of the release to grab the 2 and during the rest release days hardly anything would move in the biomes... this is what's been happening so far, right?

Now... by pure analogy using the data above:

If the limit is doubled to 4, it should not take more than twice as long for the biomes to get pretty still, which means it'll still be uber easy to grab 4 by the end of the 1st day or at the very least on the day 2nd...

If the limit is raised to 6, somewhen on the 2nd day it'll be still already easy and quick to get your fill, leavign an entire day 3 for biome stillness.

If the limit is raised to 8, in the worst scenario, first day will be difficult, by the end on the 2nd day however it'll be pretty still. On the day 3 there'll be a tiny rush again BUT it'll end at least twice sooner than it does with the limit of 2 because people now would be limited to just 1 more! Meaning that almost all day 3 will require just a few seconds to grab an egg... and in the worst case you may end up with a few snatched away from you.

Also notice that with the regular releases, which flood for up to a day, by the end of the day majority still manages to grab some, and if the egg still drops quite a lot on the 2nd day, it's fairly easy to grab them despite older breeds mixing in a lot. If the new egg still drops frequently later, it's becoming the ratio-evening-out cave bloker...

Now notice the major difference... the Valentine and Christmas new egg drops EXCLUSIVELY FOR ENTIRE 3DAYS! smile.gif Even with no limit, day 2 willl be fairly easy for grabbing, if not very easy actually... (well, defninitely easier than with the regular releases!)

And add the naturally much higher spirit of gifting to this smile.gif Well, at least with the limit of 8 or somehow above 8 (just not unlimited maybe)

All this anxiety of 'but people are busy and won't have time then' doesn't seem justified against the limit getting rised to up to 8.... if one tries to analyse the possible course of events using the currently available data... that it'll still be very easy to get these eggs, it's just bound to be easy if we look and analyse the data, right?

And if those people won't indeed have time, they wouldn't have it anyway with the limit of 2 then, +now they'll be likely to be gifted the missed breed later and therefore not miss it entirely(which is the case for these ppl nowadays) rolleyes.gif

Edited by VixenDra