angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

but im not understanding. the fast clickers will get scroll locked and when that happens the slower people will more than easily be able to grab their christmas eggs. and plus there are a lot of nice people here who will gift christmas eggs to those who missed out despite there being a 3 day flood BUT ONLY IF PEOPLE CAN GRAB AN UNLIMITED AMOUNT. people wont gift or share if they can only have two of the holiday eggs.

Have you never heard of multiscrollers ?

I dare say that most people with 50+ CB Halloweens of one kind or other are not multi-scrollers, but merely good at trading and organizing.

Even so, the flood is big enough so everyone has an easy time getting their fill. Maybe not every click will be a successful catch, but it won't take hours upon hours, either.

people are gonna cheat no matter what but that doesnt mean that the rest of the playerbase should be punished (no idea how to word it better) because of a select few. besides i guarentee you that there is nobody who is willing to create the number of scrolls to lock them with holiday eggs if there no limit on how many you can pick up and they drop for three days. it is simply too much effort anyone can see that

I dare say that most people with 50+ CB Halloweens of one kind or other are not multi-scrollers, but merely good at trading and organizing.

Even so, the flood is big enough so everyone has an easy time getting their fill. Maybe not every click will be a successful catch, but it won't take hours upon hours, either.

No I agree with you. But I think it's a bit naive to think that raising the limit to unlimited wouldn't get a few - even a lot - more cheats starting up.

That's the beauty of raising the limit rather than making it unlimited.

Unlimited means that multiscrolling gives a big advantage (although the people who would take advantage of that already have their multis to do that for Halloween, so I'm not sure any new ones would be created). Unlimited also means that there's a huge pressure to get a full set on day 1, because only then can you pick up another full set on day 3. The people who can't hack it on day one are guaranteed to only get 1 set of 7, with the only option for more being trading. (honestly, I suspect that if TJ DID make it unlimited he'd reduce the number of days to 2 for that very reason). Unlimited also doubles the disadvantage of people who haven't reached gold level trophy. (at least assuming TJ leaves at at 3 days)

A limit of 8 means that to get the full limit a gold trophy player only have to get one egg the first day, so the people who have trouble could concentrate on getting that one egg and then bow out until things get easier. And even those who cannot manage to get even one the first day are only one egg short of the limit if they can get the other 7 over the rest of the 3 days. It's obviously harder for people with lower trophy levels, since they have to grab more the first day to be able to reach the limit. But I'm sure there would be fast clickers willing to gift eggs to those who can't catch any, since they could just pop back into the cave for more.

Unlimited means that multiscrolling gives a big advantage (although the people who would take advantage of that already have their multis to do that for Halloween, so I'm not sure any new ones would be created). Unlimited also means that there's a huge pressure to get a full set on day 1, because only then can you pick up another full set on day 3. The people who can't hack it on day one are guaranteed to only get 1 set of 7, with the only option for more being trading. (honestly, I suspect that if TJ DID make it unlimited he'd reduce the number of days to 2 for that very reason). Unlimited also doubles the disadvantage of people who haven't reached gold level trophy. (at least assuming TJ leaves at at 3 days)

A limit of 8 means that to get the full limit a gold trophy player only have to get one egg the first day, so the people who have trouble could concentrate on getting that one egg and then bow out until things get easier. And even those who cannot manage to get even one the first day are only one egg short of the limit if they can get the other 7 over the rest of the 3 days. It's obviously harder for people with lower trophy levels, since they have to grab more the first day to be able to reach the limit. But I'm sure there would be fast clickers willing to gift eggs to those who can't catch any, since they could just pop back into the cave for more.

Yes. This exactly. I don't actually mind that much whether the limit is raised or not, but I WOULD mind if it were unlimited.

Unlimited means that multiscrolling gives a big advantage (although the people who would take advantage of that already have their multis to do that for Halloween, so I'm not sure any new ones would be created).  Unlimited also means that there's a huge pressure to get a full set on day 1, because only then can you pick up another full set on day 3.  The people who can't hack it on day one are guaranteed to only get 1 set of 7, with the only option for more being trading. (honestly, I suspect that if TJ DID make it unlimited he'd reduce the number of days to 2 for that very reason).  Unlimited also doubles the disadvantage of people who haven't reached gold level trophy. (at least assuming TJ leaves at at 3 days)

A limit of 8 means that to get the full limit a gold trophy player only have to get one egg the first day, so the people who have trouble could concentrate on getting that one egg and then bow out until things get easier.  And even those who cannot manage to get even one the first day are only one egg short of the limit if they can get the other 7 over the rest of the 3 days.  It's obviously harder for people with lower trophy levels, since they have to grab more the first day to be able to reach the limit.  But I'm sure there would be fast clickers willing to gift eggs to those who can't catch any, since they could just pop back into the cave for more.

Yes to this as well. I wouldn't mind the limit being raised to 8, but I am against unlimited. A limit of 8 CBs means that new players won't have a disadvantage as well(if we assume that the three-day drop stays). I don't think that trophy-less players should get less holiday dragons just because they're new- regular releases drop permanently so new players will be able to get them eventually, but holiday dragons don't.

people are gonna cheat no matter what but that doesnt mean that the rest of the playerbase should be punished (no idea how to word it better) because of a select few. besides i guarentee you that there is nobody who is willing to create the number of scrolls to lock them with holiday eggs if there no limit on how many you can pick up and they drop for three days. it is simply too much effort anyone can see that

I don't quite see your argument. I would say it's the opposite: If there is a limit, people won't bother cheating because it won't affect how much CB holidays they can get on their main scrolls. On the other hand, if there is no limit cheaters can catch eggs on their other scrolls, hatch them and bring them to their main scrolls. Much more easier than arranging trades and such, and I think it would actually take much less effort than working out codes to automatically catch Golds and Silvers with bots, which I've heard that cheaters do.

All this anxiety of 'but people are busy and won't have time then' doesn't seem justified against the limit getting rised to up to 8.... if one tries to analyse the possible course of events using the currently available data... that it'll still be very easy to get these eggs, it's just bound to be easy if we look and analyse the data, right?

And if those people won't indeed have time, they wouldn't have it anyway with the limit of 2 then, +now they'll be likely to be gifted the missed breed later and therefore not miss it entirely(which is the case for these ppl nowadays) rolleyes.gif

The anxiety wasn't for the 8 CB limit, it was for making the limits go away entirely.

Edited by SkyWolf25

I think an 8 limit would be nice, but if nothing else I think we can all agree a 4 limit would be fabulous smile.gif

Yes, absolutely biggrin.gif

4 or 8 is fine by me.

Forcing no incubate would not prevent someone like me, with lots of trading power, from getting as many as I cared for. I easily get 20 CB Halloweens each year..... and I stop there because I *choose* to stop there.

If you want to keep people from getting 14, then you need a hard limit. Because without that hard limit, people will trade for many more. All forcing no-incubate would do would be inconvenience those who don't want more. And those who do want more, will still be able to trade to get a ton.

Personally, I have no issue with 14 / no limit, but many people do.

So to me, the best compromise would be 8:

- Its a nice even number, lets people breed 5th gen checkers on their own scroll

- Since the drop is 3 days anyone with 1 incubate can easily get a full 8 (and they will be so plentiful that newbies can easily get help hatching),

-  Having 8 available will lead to a ton of sharing... especially of Holidays that are 2 or more years old

Cheers!

C4.

Sorry, what exactly is the problem of people trading for extra CBs?

I agree that people getting two times the limit from the cave proper is most likely a bad idea, yes, but trading should be fair game as with the case of Halloween, because at the end everyone still have to abide by their scroll limits - for one person to go above his egg limit, one or more other person will have to sacrifice their own holiday eggs.

Unlimited means that multiscrolling gives a big advantage (although the people who would take advantage of that already have their multis to do that for Halloween, so I'm not sure any new ones would be created).

I thought this forum was over the "BUT BUT BUT MULTISCROLLERS AND CHEATERS AND SCAMMERS SO NO" phase a long time ago, but apparently not.

Must we explain all over again why "BECAUSE CHEATERS" is a bad reason to argue either for or against any suggestion again?

And, if you're adamant on this multiscrolling thing, I can assure you I have one ultimate solution to it - remove trading entirely (nope,without restoring AP trading), because let's be honest, that's the root cause of multiscrolling being a profitable activity.

If you simply must curb multiscrolling by limiting the site's potential instead of reporting suspected cases and/or trusting TJ to detect such activity, at least be thorough with it.

Edited by CNR4806

Sorry, what exactly is the problem of people trading for extra CBs?

I agree that people getting two times the limit from the cave proper is most likely a bad idea, yes, but trading should be fair game as with the case of Halloween, because at the end everyone still have to abide by their scroll limits - for one person to go above his egg limit, one or more other person will have to sacrifice their own holiday eggs.

As to the trading thing - if someone trades to get more than their limit, the person they traded with can them go back and get more, so... A scroll limit is the fairest way - and what is your problem with that ?

I thought this forum was over the "BUT BUT BUT MULTISCROLLERS AND CHEATERS AND SCAMMERS SO NO" phase a long time ago, but apparently not.

Must we explain all over again why "BECAUSE CHEATERS" is a bad reason to argue either for or against any suggestion again?

And, if you're adamant on this multiscrolling thing, I can assure you I have one ultimate solution to it - remove trading entirely (nope,without restoring AP trading), because let's be honest, that's the root cause of multiscrolling being a profitable activity.

If you simply must curb multiscrolling by limiting the site's potential instead of reporting suspected cases and/or trusting TJ to detect such activity, at least be thorough with it.

Only that - as pokemonfan said, removing the limits completely WOULD encourage it; raising them wouldn't. - or at least not much. And I do report suspected cases EVERY time I see one. But there are actually people who just collect loads and keep them. One I know of was burned - along with several subsidiary catching scrolls - not that long ago,. Some people just like to have a whole page of CB golds... It isn't only for trading.

As to the trading thing - if someone trades to get more than their limit, the person they traded with can them go back and get more, so... A scroll limit is the fairest way - and what is your problem with that ?

No they cannot. You seem to be mistaking lifting the holiday breed limit and lifting the scroll egg limit.

If we assume that my suggestion of unlimited non-incubatable Valentine/Christmas is implemented, it would function exactly the same as the current unlimited two-day-drop Halloweens - Eggs will not hatch before the drops end even if you catch the very first egg on the very first hour, this applies not only to the people trading them away, but also their intended recipients.

Anyone wishing to go over the 7-egg limit will have to lock themselves (with cave eggs or otherwise), and do the actual trade for the 8th (and beyond) after his original 7 have hatched, which is way after the drops end. The person trading them away cannot get more eggs from the cave.

Only that - as pokemonfan said, removing the limits completely WOULD encourage it; raising them wouldn't. - or at least not much. And I do report suspected cases EVERY time I see one. But there are actually people who just collect loads and keep them. One I know of was burned - along with several subsidiary catching scrolls - not that long ago,. Some people just like to have a whole page of CB golds... It isn't only for trading.

And? If they are indeed encouraged and do exactly that, they get caught and get their scrolls burnt.

Encouragement has little impact if the system to catch them is accurate enough, which to my knowledge it is as people sharing computers and/or network have to report themselves to TJ beforehand to avoid false positives.

Edited by CNR4806

The big problem with unlimited, xmas especially, is it's a really busy time for a lot of players. I mentioned multis because it was being mentioned, but the important part was the rest of the paragraph. Assuming we keep the 3 day drop, it forces people to pick up their limit on the first day if they want to get as many as they can. And then there will be another huge glut on day 3. Limits make the whole thing a lot more laid back, allowing people to get their eggs when they have time.

I'm definitely okay with raising the limits on Valentine's and Christmas caveborns, but I am fully against the limits becoming unlimited for the reasons already stated here.

You know...

What if Christmas was raised to 4 (or 8), but Valentines was made unlimited? I agree that Christmas is a very busy family-oriented time for most folks, which makes unlimited sort of a burden in a way (yes, people don't /need/ to get as many as possible, but I bet a lot would still like to try... whereas a hard limit lets you check it off and call it a day ;3). In contrast, Valentines is a much less official thing that doesn't take up nearly as much time in the average person's day, in which case unlimited would be less crazy.

I don't see why. Seriously, if you don't insist on grabbing your CB Winter Holiday eggs during the first couple of hours of the drop, you can easily catch your fill within a couple of minutes. Even if you're busy with family and stuff - you can go to the loo (with your phone) for 5 minutes time and again and catch your eggs then.

And that was an extreme example.

I don't see why. Seriously, if you don't insist on grabbing your CB Winter Holiday eggs during the first couple of hours of the drop, you can easily catch your fill within a couple of minutes. Even if you're busy with family and stuff - you can go to the loo (with your phone) for 5 minutes time and again and catch your eggs then.

And that was an extreme example.

While it's that easy for us (I once caught a Valentine release on my phone, on a house in a mountain with often no bar internet xd.png), other people might not have smartphones and be forced to more ovtrusively use a computer, or might even be visiting relatives in place without access to one at all. Plus, again, with unlimited there's pressure to trade for more, which requires more time and effort than simple hunting at a time when many people have much more on their minds.

Olympe, that's true of the situation now. It probably won't be too terribly different with a limit of 4 or 8. But unlimited would absolutely not be that relaxed.

ADP, I do see your point. Valentines isn't a big family holiday. But for the people who do celebrate it, it can mean dedicating the day to your SO. I can imagine quite a few people being rather severely peeved if their SO takes any significant amount of time away to catch pixel eggs. Yes, they don't have to, but it's an unnecessary temptation. The only way to remove that temptation would be to have it be unlimited, but only two days drop so they can pick up their eggs on the 15th without losing out on anything. One day means it has to be the 14th or nothing, three days means you have to pick up a first batch on day 1 if you're going to be able to get batch 2 on day 3.

I'm okay with moving it to 4 CB too.

The way things are right now, I'm still only sitting there for less than 10 minutes trying to catch my 2 CB so if we move it up to 4 CB..I imagine I would still only sit for less than 30 minutes to catch my limit and it gives us a chance to work more with lineages and be more giving during the holiday breeding season.

I think it should be raised to four. Not lifted completely, as there are good things about the limit, but I think two is a little low.

Four won't be too hard to catch, there will be more breeding opportunities and it will make refusals less disastrous. For example, two of my shimmers have to share a CB radiant angel mate as I only have two and one is already paired with a 3rd gen.

once again there shouldnt be any limits at all. look at halloween theres no limits and you dont see people bawling their eyes out over it.

once again there shouldnt be any limits at all. look at halloween theres no limits and you dont see people bawling their eyes out over it.

I had no trouble catching Halloweens, even on a 3g connection... late in the day.

However... That was on Halloween. I would NOT want to try that on Christmas. And if Christmas went unlimited, TJ *would* reduce the number of days from 3 to 1 or 2.

So even though I love the concept of unlimited, I am strongly against it for Christmas. But I'd love the limit bumped up to 8, with the 3 day drops.

As for Valentines.... I think unlimited with a 2 day drop would be fine for them. Which reminds me, I've got to go find myself an artist, I'm determined to give TJ at least one non-pink option. xd.png

Cheers!

C4.

*gets flashbacks to when you could only have two of the species overall, not just cb*

I think the limits are fine how they are, to be honest. It makes it a lot more relaxed, and makes the two that you do get more special. If the limit were to be raised, I think it definitely shouldn't be past four.

I wish... for 8 Xmas and 8 Valentines CBs. The only reason I'm not begging for unlimited is that I assume TJ would limit the drop to 24 hours and not everybody would be able to catch them. Even if... looking at what is going on right now in the AP, with some coordination, we would be able to have more than enough for everybody in the AP for 5 days.

*gets flashbacks to when you could only have two of the species overall, not just cb*

I think the limits are fine how they are, to be honest. It makes it a lot more relaxed, and makes the two that you do get more special. If the limit were to be raised, I think it definitely shouldn't be past four.

I agree. If we were going to raise it at all it should be to four, that would let every person playing the game get all the Christmas/Valentine dragons they're allowed to have. And I agree that it makes them more special; I love that we can now get all the bred eggs we can hold, but getting rid of the limits would be too crazy! Halloween was insane enough.