TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

-removed, post is off topic- Edited by rubyshoes

Back on a serious note, I'm still looking for suggestions?

A third dragon type to add to this lineage to make a checker?

Obviously, a true Royal Blue x Bronze Shimmer checker looks great, but it's been tough finding a mate.

In the interim, I'd love to do a checker with a complimentary breed. Something that compliments without matching, sort of like this lineage? (One of my favorites.

For that first lineage...lovely, btw...what about a Tsunami Wyvern? It's got that bright blue and silver as well. smile.gif Just a thought. I don't do lineages too much. lol

Edited by MedievalMystic

Obviously, a true Royal Blue x Bronze Shimmer checker looks great, but it's been tough finding a mate.

In the interim, I'd love to do a checker with a complimentary breed. Something that compliments without matching, sort of like this lineage? (One of my favorites.

Cessare or Brown Copper?

Just a little something to put things in perspective...

"Sometimes it is hard to smile and keep the chin up all the while…

When spirits droop, when footsteps drag – and the first enthusiasms flag.

Sometimes in our hearts we feel, that we have had an unfair deal –

a little more then one man’s share, of worry, trouble, pain, and care.

Sometimes when the Fates conspire to cheat us of the heart’s desire –

we quite forget the good things gained – the gifts received, the dreams attained.

That is just the time when we should struggle on courageously…

Remembering not the grieves and tears – but the blessings of the bygone years."

~Patience Strong, from Thoughts from the Quite Corner

Congratulations to this year's winners! And to those who didn't win, I hope you will win next year!

I would have to say that either a Skywing, Tsunami Wyvern, or Blue-Banded would work. I would say Glacaus Drake too, but of course, breeding issues.

I think they're looking for a breed to replace the shimmer, not the RB xd.png.png

Oh! lol Well, what about RB and Gold then? You can't go wrong with Gold. ha ha smile.gif

I think they're looking for a breed to replace the shimmer, not the RB xd.png

Ooooh in that case a Silver, Liver of Sulfur Copper, Golden Wyvern, Brimstone, or Harvest. I would say Ochredrake, but you know, breeding issues.

Going through the Royal Blues I currently have...

Purebred Royal Blue - I think the Shimmer gets lost

Thunder - Not really what I'm looking for

White Stripe - pretty, but not what I'm seeking either, plus impossible to get white stripes past 1st gen

Silver - No, this would work better if the Shimmer were male

I bred some eggs for the suggestions here:

Tsunami - Pretty, but I think it blends in more than I want

Cassare - I think this one really does look nice! Cassares are one of my favorites currently, so I may be biased. Royal Blues will be tough to breed I think.

Brown Copper - I think the copper blends in too much

Going in that vein, Spessartine might also work? (No successful breedings from those, so I don't know).

Pyrope - doesn't really have that "pop" I like from the Cassare.

Actually, imo, the Copper is what I would choose...the Shimmer is kind of soft looking, wispy even...I don't know the right word here...and all the other dragons overwhelm it...but the Copper is kind of 'wispy' and soft looking, too, and blends in nicely with the Shimmer and compliments it, both having that same look...anything else, imo, and the Shimmer is lost. That being said, all of the lineages are pretty, no doubt.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Actually, imo, the Copper is what I would choose...the Shimmer is kind of soft looking, wispy even...I don't know the right word here...and all the other dragons overwhelm it...but the Copper is kind of 'wispy' and soft looking, too, and blends in nicely with the Shimmer and compliments it,  both having that same look...anything else, imo, and the Shimmer is lost.  That being said, all of the lineages are pretty, no doubt.

Hmm... I see what you mean, with the Coppers.

With the harvests or GWs, I will have to try that later. I don't already have any male Royal Blues with those, and I used up all my breeding attempts for the week. tongue.gif (Unless anyone has a code I could borrow? tongue.gif) I think I would be leaning more towards the harvests, though... GWs may be a bit too shiny.

Ultimately, I think I have to try a couple of these, build some lineages, and see what I like out of them. tongue.gif

Awesome - more breeding projects for me! biggrin.gif

@gusearth1, sorry, I missed your post!

Which one is the "Liver of Silver Copper"?

Brimstone is another one I didn't think about. Oooh, all these fun choices! smile.gif Thank you all for the ideas!

Edited by SolarCat

With the harvests or GWs, I will have to try that later. I don't already have any male Royal Blues with those, and I used up all my breeding attempts for the week. tongue.gif (Unless anyone has a code I could borrow? tongue.gif) I think I would be leaning more towards the harvests, though... GWs may be a bit too shiny.

Borrowed Code

Yeah I agree it's too shiny wink.gif

Coppers usually make the best Shimmer substitute in lineages imo.

Ultimately, I think I have to try a couple of these, build some lineages, and see what I like out of them. tongue.gif

Everyone's taste is different, of course, but I think royal blues, gwyverns, and bronze shimmers look nice together. biggrin.gif

I did that before coppers came out and if I had it to do over, I admit I'd probably use those for many of the reasons MedievalMystic cited. Good luck finding something you like!

Actually, imo, the Copper is what I would choose...the Shimmer is kind of soft looking, wispy even...I don't know the right word here...and all the other dragons overwhelm it...but the Copper is kind of 'wispy' and soft looking, too, and blends in nicely with the Shimmer and compliments it, both having that same look...anything else, imo, and the Shimmer is lost. That being said, all of the lineages are pretty, no doubt.

Agreed. They're both both dull and kind of metallic looking at once, which fits best if you want it to look like a real checker at a glance. If you want more pop instead of a 'faux perfect checker' look, though, go for something brighter. xd.png

Still can't decide if I should breed my Bronze Tinsel with Golden Wyvern, Red Copper, or something else. ninja.gif

But once I decide, it will be a lifetime mate. smile.gif

Glad to hear of your win BuckskinMist. Still waiting for the winning mode to look my way though.

Thanks!

It will happen when you least expect it. smile.gif

In the interim, I'd love to do a checker with a complimentary breed.  Something that compliments without matching, sort of like this lineage?  (One of my favorites.

Both the bronze shimmer and royal blue have silver undertones, so I think one with a dominant color that matches might work. Lumina, Shadow Walker, Silver, and White come to mind. This is actually one of the rare times that a silver would work well in the mix and I say it because of its color and not because of its rarity. wink.gif

Edit: I see what you mean with the silver gender issue. Also, when testing, using dc background makes a HUGE difference when simulating lineages because AoND has a green background which alters how it will look on DC.

Edited by JBluewind

Still can't decide if I should breed my Bronze Tinsel with Golden Wyvern, Red Copper, or something else. ninja.gif

That's a heck of decision! ohmy.gif Good luck. smile.gif

There should be rule next year where people with bronze trophy or none can't join the raffle. Because its annoying af when noobers(im sorry, newbies) can win prizes old timers can only dream about. Not fair. This needed to be said.

*looks at my forum member number* *looks at my forum start date*

Member No.: 3,239

I'm definitely one of the 'old timers'. cool.gif I played awhile before I ever found the forums so my DC start date is even older.

I have never won any prize dragons. I'm not upset. Disappointed, yes, but not upset. I don't think that there should be any special rules. It's all pure luck of the draw and I've never been very lucky. I'll just be patient and hope to eventually get some lower gens. smile.gif

@gusearth1, sorry, I missed your post!

Which one is the "Liver of Silver Copper"?

Brimstone is another one I didn't think about. Oooh, all these fun choices! smile.gif Thank you all for the ideas!

Liver Of Sulfur Copper is the middle one; Not the Rainbow (Vividly colored) or the Verdigris (Green-ish)

Personally if I had to choose a prize line in a trade I would not choose one with coppers. Because CB coppers are quite rare and not everyone have them / can dedicate one for the prize breeding to continue the line. I have a couple of 4th gen prizes with coppers and I almost never breed them because I don't want to "waste" my coppers.

This just to say that a copper line may be considered similar to a holiday (or a gold/silver) one and have not the best trade market. On the other hand it may produce more shiny offsprings than a more common mate.