TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I think DC has a very skewed opinion of what constitutes a "gargantuan" dragon... 23 feet is big, especially by DC standards, but I was hoping for a 50 foot pluser! I know not every dragon can realistically be a gigantosaur but I was hoping these guys would from the looks of things, haha X'D

Very cool looking critters (and I LOVE how you named one of yours after Grima :'D Fell Dragon FTW!), but very nasty personalities! *Plunks a tiny army of Cessares around to keep them in line* XD

Also... I still don't get how the fire thing works. Do they breathe fire on incoming spells? On mana crystals and pools? Flash fry mages? All of the above? O___o Melting crystals / burning up pools makes sense, but it specifically says they steal the magic of others, and I'm not quite sure I get how that works.

Ahaha, well about the size, I am not quite sure how big most of the DC dragons are, so I don't quite know how to scale the Desipis. It is already a really powerful dragon both physically and magically, so making it *too* big made me feel like it would be too... OP. Pie felt the same way, and since there is no current extensive list of dragon sizes, we figured around 20+ feet was a safe guesstimate. It could get changed later on though depending on how much more info we get on other breed sizes and comparisons.

As for the fire, it is as Pie explained. And no, it doesn't actually burn things-- it just saps away the energy of whatever it touches.

Thank you for the kind words (and criticisms, too, to those of you who don't really like them)! The idea was more to represent the scary twisted "monsters" of Halloween and the dark side of the Holiday.

I think these guys are in the middle of the Halloweens for me. I love SWs because of their classic ghost look and Marrows are pretty classic-looking yet also shiny and have great theme, these guys feel less Halloween-y to me than those two but are pretty snazzy and I like the crystals, DEM SCALES, and the fierce look. And they are MUCH more suited to my tastes than Lurkers and Graves.

Overall, nice job guys~

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

*reads the dragon's description*

Whoa...and I caught 6 of these brutes? blink.gif Looks like I'll have to keep them away from my Magi dragons. Good thing the Halloween dragons get their own separate cave. Because these guys are AWESOME!!

They look so big and powerful and I LOVE their design! Graves are still my fav, but I cannot wait to breed these babies. I bet they spark some awesome lineages!

Edit: And hey, I caught a last minute Cavern Lurker in the AP! They're still dropping there, but very few. I missed a Shadow Walker and a Black Marrow, btu they are still popping up every now and then. ^^

Edited by Syiren

Sigh... and now that the Halloween breeding season is over, the AP gets swarmed by low-time babies. I have seen two Blusangs, one Copper, one Golden Wyvern, at least three Autumn Seasonals, and a Pink in the last FIVE MINUTES. Good grief... I hate being egglocked sad.gif

EDIT: AND TWO GOLDEN SHIMMERSCALES OH SWEET JEESUS

Edited by Lumikkja

My gosh, the abandoned page is gorgeous right now--the last three hours netted me 24 new hatchlings (12 of which are now frozen), with one more set to hatch any minute. The best way to be scroll-locked. biggrin.gif

Sigh... and now that the Halloween breeding season is over, the AP gets swarmed by low-time babies. I have seen two Blusangs, one Copper, one Golden Wyvern, at least three Autumn Seasonals, and a Pink in the last FIVE MINUTES. Good grief... I hate being egglocked sad.gif

Tell me about it. I just saw a Yellow Dino, but couldn't grab it. I've also seen an Ice, several Golden Wyverns, and a Thunder.

This dragons are so busy looking, that I can't figure out where is what. Quite disappointed with them. If they were bigger maybe they would not look so busy, because they are pretty. I think they should be simpler, then the sprite will really look better.

Ahaha, well about the size, I am not quite sure how big most of the DC dragons are, so I don't quite know how to scale the Desipis. It is already a really powerful dragon both physically and magically, so making it *too* big made me feel like it would be too... OP. Pie felt the same way, and since there is no current extensive list of dragon sizes, we figured around 20+ feet was a safe guesstimate. It could get changed later on though depending on how much more info we get on other breed sizes and comparisons.

As for the fire, it is as Pie explained. And no, it doesn't actually burn things-- it just saps away the energy of whatever it touches.

Thank you for the kind words (and criticisms, too, to those of you who don't really like them)! The idea was more to represent the scary twisted "monsters" of Halloween and the dark side of the Holiday.

IIRC most DC dragons are only a bit larger than human sized, according to what creators have said in the "how big is your dragon?" thread. So 20 feet is big, but again, not what GARGANTUAN brings to mind xd.pngD

Edit: Yep, most seem ~12 feet xd.pnghttp://postimg.org/image/voa71bgct/full/

Ah, thank you both for the clarification! That's slightly less awful than what I was picturing xd.pngD

RRRRG I am so very, very tempted to use Earthquake on my remaining Halloween eggs... but they have such beautiful lineages, and I would hate it if I lost any of them... THIS IS WHY I NEED MORE RED DRAGONS

I actually really like this years Halloween dragon. They look like such powerful beasties. I'm super glad I got six of them. (:

RRRRG I am so very, very tempted to use Earthquake on my remaining Halloween eggs... but they have such beautiful lineages, and I would hate it if I lost any of them... THIS IS WHY I NEED MORE RED DRAGONS

I feel the same way. ;_; so many low time eggs in the AP, if I had reds I could use incubate and then go grab some low timers. Dang. I'm definitely going to grab more reds after this.

Edit: Is the Despis still not in the Encyclopedia?

Edited by BlightWyvern

Same here. I wanna save these babies!!! But I'm egg locked...... I hope I can still save a few once I'm not egg locked anymore. I really need to get me loads more of Reds!

I love these dragons. :3 I've given all sixteen of mine the Manic surname and matching "m" given names. Oh consonance. <3

EGGS WHY YOU NOT HATCH FASTER HATCHLINGS WHY YOU NOT GROW FASTER UGH I'M MISSING SO MANY GOOD EGGS IN THE AP UGH *Spontaneously combusts*

But seriously, I just saw a Blue Dino, a Silver, a Magma (Which I NEED to complete my trio) and a whole ton of Sunsong Amphipteres (Which is only important to me because I hoard them, or am starting to)

Why did I have to be greedy and egglock myself with Halloween eggs this morning... mad.gif

Edited by gusearth1

I just rescued a bluna and a geode from the AP. I also wanted to take a Skywing, but I'm egg-locked at the moment and I hate it. >:(

Anyway, where does it say that the new dragons dislike magis and cassares?

I really like those new Halloween Dragons, the Spriters did an amazing job on them!

Ok, someone explain me one thing - how did A CHICKEN end up in the AP? My sister just grabbed it and we gave it to someone to try and trade it for the new dragons.

Ok, someone explain me one thing - how did A CHICKEN end up in the AP? My sister just grabbed it and we gave it to someone to try and trade it for the new dragons.

AP is home to anything that gets abandoned. A CB Prize got caught in the AP too because its owner threw it away. laugh.gif

AP is home to anything that gets abandoned. A CB Prize got caught in the AP too because its owner threw it away. laugh.gif

CB PRIZE? Where? ohmy.gif

I accidentally auto-abandoned a 2nd gen Tinsel, sooo...yeah, lol, it happens. A lot. You can get great stuff from the AP if you are patient. I was so mad at myself for accidentally breeding my Prize dragon. >.>

I really like the new Halloween dragons! Very...thick. biggrin.gif Quite evil. <3