TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

There's always next year for that!

Agreed.

Freezing CB Holiday hatchlings is a regrettable experience. Trust us, Marie. I didn't think I'd regret it with the ones I froze in past years, but boy do I ever. And now that there's no limit on Christmas and Valentine dragons after the initial release, I have an even heavier heart about freezing CB holidays xPPP

Edit: The last of the Halloweens are clearing from the cave! ohmy.gif

Edited by Wahya

Oh man lookit all of those lovely ER eggs. ohmy.gif

Thanks TJ and Spriters for such a fun Halloween!

It lasted so much longer this year though! Totally loved it!

Edited by Wahya

I wonder if the wilderness just got a shipment of Halloween eggs.

Poop, was going to hope for another Marrow when I pass off an egg in a couple of hours...

Edit: Typo Queen...

Edited by Syphoneira

They're ok. I know the female is supposed to have perspective, but I keep seeing a huge torso melding into a pelvis. Something about the wings are a little off, too-- maybe the bones? Anywho.

I feel like I should love these since horrible man-eaters are right up my alley, and the whole extendable jaw thing is a nice idea on its own... but they're just ok to me. Maybe because I feel they're "trying to hard". Giant, mean, strong, cunning dragons that can break minds, create false memories, manipulate, drain magic and replenish their own, impact environments, volatile and dangerous, and few are strong enough to face them. Sure I enjoy each detail on its own, but I feel like all together it's just too much. I think I'd like the sprites better if there was more clarity with the face, which gets easily lost in the big horns, fire, and thick neck.

They're not my favorite, but they're not bad. I'll probably enjoy coming up with lineages for next Halloween.

Poop, was going to hope for another Marrow when I pass off an egg in a couple of hours...

Edit: Typo Queen...

poop seconded. Once people saw the first common flash by, they snatched them all up. Was hoping for a grave hatchy to freeze. Of course I ended up snatching things I'd rather grow.

I'm a bit disappointed in the adult sprites, it just looks so rough and unpolished. Though we don't really have any dragon in that spriting style in the cave yet, so I can totally see that is great and definitely appreciate the sprites!

Actually IMO they look a fair bit like the Brute dragons.

Honestly, I was hoping for a slim looking dragon. Big great brutish dragons don't really appeal to me that much. Ah well, they still look ok. Farewell Halloween, until next year!

Oh my goodness those adults are EPIC! 0.0 I like the female sprite just a bit more than the male's, but only because to me it looks like the male's far wing kinda blends in with his horns. .-. Anyway, they're still great and congrats to the spriters! ^-^

Size: ~23 feet tall, ~45 feet long, ~35 foot wingspan (relies mostly on magic for flight)

I think DC has a very skewed opinion of what constitutes a "gargantuan" dragon... 23 feet is big, especially by DC standards, but I was hoping for a 50 foot pluser! I know not every dragon can realistically be a gigantosaur but I was hoping these guys would from the looks of things, haha X'D

Very cool looking critters (and I LOVE how you named one of yours after Grima :'D Fell Dragon FTW!), but very nasty personalities! *Plunks a tiny army of Cessares around to keep them in line* xd.png

Also... I still don't get how the fire thing works. Do they breathe fire on incoming spells? On mana crystals and pools? Flash fry mages? All of the above? O___o Melting crystals / burning up pools makes sense, but it specifically says they steal the magic of others, and I'm not quite sure I get how that works.

And the halloween eggs are gone. Glad I was able to grab a second batch of the old eggs though!

And yes, the new dragons look awesome.

I think DC has a very skewed opinion of what constitutes a "gargantuan" dragon... 23 feet is big, especially by DC standards, but I was hoping for a 50 foot pluser! I know not every dragon can realistically be a gigantosaur but I was hoping these guys would from the looks of things, haha X'D

Very cool looking critters (and I LOVE how you named one of yours after Grima :'D Fell Dragon FTW!), but very nasty personalities! *Plunks a tiny army of Cessares around to keep them in line* xd.png

Also... I still don't get how the fire thing works. Do they breathe fire on incoming spells? On mana crystals and pools? Flash fry mages? All of the above? O___o Melting crystals / burning up pools makes sense, but it specifically says they steal the magic of others, and I'm not quite sure I get how that works.

Their flames sap the magical energy out of magical creatures and mana and convert it into the crystals on their bodies :3

Wow, the adults are stunning!

Not beautiful in an elegant, classic way, but strong and fierce and you can already see the sheer power of this dragon.

I like.

Their flames sap the magical energy out of magical creatures and mana and convert it into the crystals on their bodies :3

Ahhhh, so--if I'm understanding correctly--the flames are themselves magic, and steal magic rather than burning? Or is my "flash fried mage" theory still accurate as well? xd.png

I like both, the strong looking sprite and the description.

I'm already playing mind games: with which dragon will i create some nice lineages... biggrin.gif

And --- whoah 200 people in the AP snatching low time eggs---i'm not able to get between them!

Interesting adult sprites! Awww, the wall of halloweens is gone.