TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Aww, wanted to let some more mature before I froze an S1

Oh well, hafts wait till next year, I guess!

And of course out of six dragons I get 5 females and 1 male. Of course.

Maybe now would be a good time to start stocking up on Pinks then!

Have we seen the alts yet? or are they still hidden?

Alts? blink.gif

Edit; Oh, you mean spriter's alt?

Edited by DragonNighthowler

When I first started playing, I had this problem with 4 out of every 5 of my dragons would ALWAYS BE FEMALE. So when Halloween came, I tried to influence as many as I could (With 1 pink dragon; influenced two of them!) and of course, only the ones I influenced were male, all the other ones were FEMALE. So I thought I would have the same problem with the Desipis dragons, so I influenced some of them. (2 out of 4). GUESS WHAT? 3/4 WERE MALE. ALL I WANTED WAS 2 MALES SO I INFLUENCED TWO AND THE OTHER TWO SHOULD HAVE BEEN FEMALE based on my past trend. I know that it's not like they should have, because it's random, but I really thought they would. Oh well, Manawrath, looks like you're going to be busy with my other Desipis Dragons and maybe other similar-style dragons. }smile.gif

I just counted all the Halloween dragons I raised this year. Including what's still growing (and a few that haven't hatched yet), I added 36 new dragons to my scroll this year. With the Desipises added in it's 42. Granted, 15 of those are frozen hatchlings of past years' dragons, which are faster to raise than adults, but still ohmy.gif That's a lot of babies!

Aww, wanted to let some more mature before I froze an S1

Oh well, hafts wait till next year, I guess!

And of course out of six dragons I get 5 females and 1 male. Of course.

You could post them in the Hatchie didn't gender right?"Trade them here, Trading same breed for different genders" thread in the Trading section. wink.gif

Birdzgoboom's and PieMaster's Desipises haven't been alted yet. (please note that stalking their scroll and dragons can lead to killing said dragons)

Plus they (hatchlings and adults) will get added to the Wiki after the dragons of both spriters have grown up and they have given their OK.

Edited by Nyastara

I would also recommend people do not go PMing them for babies unless they state in their profile that they are Open. I spoke with Piemaster in IRC to advise him what to do if he gets hassled by people and also know he is not currently accepting trades.

As was stated, stalking scroll can lead to dead eggs - you do not want that to happen. If they wish to show off the alts, they will when they are ready.

Wow, just counted my new Halloweens : 31, including all lineages I was looking for, plus 6 cb Desipises. Didn't hope for so many blink.gif

Wow, just counted my new Halloweens : 31, including all lineages I was looking for, plus 6 cb Desipises. Didn't hope for so many blink.gif

Didn't do as well as you I have 26, but I got everything I wished for so I'm happy! Best DC Halloween ever!

It's my first Halloween on DC (I'm here longer but I always miss this time of the year on DC somehow... ) and I'm really happy with this year - I got every dragon I wanted, I grabbed 7 new Halloween dragons - I counted them and I see I got 34 dragons this Halloween - 14 is still growing. I think that it's really my best Halloween so far biggrin.gif

This was my first Halloween on DC, and I've got 25 Halloweens, of which 8 Desipis hatchies! Oh, and 3 zombies biggrin.gif

As others have said, this is my first year as well.

This year could have not gotten better, I got all last Halloweens, both male and female sprites, got 9 CB Desipis, and out of the 5 dragons I killed I luckily got one to turn.

So great event, and final thanks to TJ, Birdzgoboom, PieMaster, and all who help in this event!

Awesome Halloween as always! Thanks to everyone who made it possible! I already can't wait for next year!

I raised/am raising 42 blink.gif Halloweens this year! Even with my meticulous planning and careful timing that is way more than I expected! The extra couple of days of Halloween wall was awesome laugh.gif

I got the stuff I most needed, plus a couple more zombies, so that is good. And I do like the new dragon a lot. I see some people said it isn't very halloweeny, but really, most of them aren't. Much as I love marrows, they are rather vulturine. Nothing about harvest or halloween there. I see lots of vultures year round. Scary, yes, and so are these. Ghostly shadow walkers and pumpkins, yes, that is more in line with traditional halloween stuff.

I am still locked with Halloweens and Have Raised and am still raising 40 past Halloween dragons, also have 12 new Halloweens so its been a good Halloween, i'm not done yet lol, might try trading for more once i get unlocked tomorrow.

Seven hours until three of mine reach adulthood... If only they could breed true more than one week out of the year!

Someone mentioned acquiring 9 Desipis eggs. How was that possible? Not begrudging their good fortune (and congrats to Gutz, btw), but I thought the limit reflected the account status; for example: 7 eggs for Gold level. Did TJ lift the restrictions so we can gorge on the drop? If so, I'm bummed, because I only grabbed my usual 7 eggs. Must have missed the 'memo'. :-(

As an aside, if this is the new and improved way that DC will handle all future holiday drops, I'm really looking forward to Christmas! I love that holiday best, along with Valentine's Day. :-D

I would also recommend people do not go PMing them for babies unless they state in their profile that they are Open. I spoke with Piemaster in IRC to advise him what to do if he gets hassled by people and also know he is not currently accepting trades.

As was stated, stalking scroll can lead to dead eggs - you do not want that to happen. If they wish to show off the alts, they will when they are ready.

Which is why I was only asking. o_O

Someone mentioned acquiring 9 Desipis eggs. How was that possible? Not begrudging their good fortune (and congrats to Gutz, btw), but I thought the limit reflected the account status; for example: 7 eggs for Gold level. Did TJ lift the restrictions so we can gorge on the drop? If so, I'm bummed, because I only grabbed my usual 7 eggs. Must have missed the 'memo'. :-(

You can always trade for extra holidays or catch eggs that people drop into the AP. Some players have impressive numbers of CB holidays. Last year, I made sure to get 13 Grave dragons because 2013 and 13 and ...yeah. *g*

Holy cow you guys got quite the halloween haul! Way to go!

This year my final Halloween totals were 10 desipis, 22 graves, 3 shadow walkers, and 5 marrows. I'm quite pleased with that. I intended to only pick up graves from the AP, but the shadow walkers and marrows (and two desipis) were too good to pass up.

Edit: To clarify my desipis count-I had seven and gave one to a friend who missed the drop, then I picked up one from the AP, picked up another when my earliest desipis eggs hatched, and traded for the last two hatchlings.

Edited by Jazeki

I find it easier to pick up a couple extra cb holidays than specific lineages. Once the adults show there are usually people who trade off a few once they decide not to lineage them. And they often are happy to take things other than prizes or metals.