TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

My Desipis babies are gendering, yaaaaaay! biggrin.gif

This was a pretty good Halloween for me, as well, even though it kind of snuck up on me and I hadn't really planned adequately. I successfully traded for my 8th newbie egg, made progress on my Tsunami x SW project, and collected a little stack of Pumpkins and Marrows from the AP. I'm not raising nearly the number of hatchies some of you did, but I'm pleased with my little haul nonetheless.

Edited by LibbyLishly

Someone mentioned acquiring 9 Desipis eggs. How was that possible? Not begrudging their good fortune (and congrats to Gutz, btw), but I thought the limit reflected the account status; for example: 7 eggs for Gold level. Did TJ lift the restrictions so we can gorge on the drop? If so, I'm bummed, because I only grabbed my usual 7 eggs. Must have missed the 'memo'. :-(

Like stardust13 said, I just cashed in on some big IOU's, and may have mention something about having their debt wiped for just one of the new Halloweens. cool.gif

I managed to trade for 4 of the new ones, bringing my total to 10. I would love to find another pair to make it an even dozen if anyone wants to get rid of a pair. 😉

I ended up with 12 Desipis young - 2 I gave to two friends of mine, 2 I'm trading for Alt. offspring, and the other 8 are for me happy.gif

My haul:

- 3 Pumpkins

- 13 Marrows

- 1 Shadow Walker

- 6 Cavern Lurkers

- 2 Graves

- 15 Desipises (although, 5 of these are going into trades xd.png)

So 40 Halloweens after all! 8D Really appreciated that extra day of AP 'Weens; I had bad luck hunting during the actual breeding week, but I snagged a bunch of gorgeous ones from the lingering wall. I wonder if people were saving pretties to breed on Halloween itself? I wish they wouldn't, as much as I love and hoard pretty lines they aren't going to make me give up limited time CB releases for them ;___;

Really appreciated that extra day of AP 'Weens;

I agree, it was awesome.

My final haul:

* 1 ungendered Zombie adult

* 5 gendered Zombie hatchlings

* 2 Cavern Lurkers: 2x 2G for freezing

* 2 Shadow Walkers: 2x 2G for freezing

* 6 Graves: 2x 2G PB for freezing, 4x 2G from male GoN :3 (AoD x Grave checker, here I come!)

* 10 new 2014 dragons: 7x cave, 1x from AP, 2x from trading

* 8 Black Marrows: 1x 2G + 1x 3G PB for freezing, 5x 2G PB, 1x 2G

* 13 Pumpkins: 2x 3G from perfect checker for freezing, 3x 2G PB, 2x 3G PB, 2x 2G, 4x 3G stair/spiral

Next year I will have to go for a male adult Zombie and ungendered Zombie hatchlings >_>

Edited by Mondat

Despisi apparently means (in Latin) the English word Haziness, and...

"Being near this egg makes it hard to think clearly."

So maybe the adult will have mind-altering powers?

Since the cat is now officially out of the bag, I'll go ahead and post what I removed earlier when it might have been considered a spoiler.

My favorite Latin dictionary's definition of Desipi is "insane". Which certainly fits with what has been released on the breed information. biggrin.gif

Thank you PieMaster and Birdzgoboom for such an intriguing dragon for our Halloween celebration. I am eagerly waiting to see what your spriters' alts look like.

Thanks to TJ and all the spriters for the Halloween adventure, trick or treating, and the whole fun event! biggrin.gif I've had a ball! Now hurry up and grow little hatchlings, I have more trading to do!

I wonder if people were saving pretties to breed on Halloween itself? I wish they wouldn't, as much as I love and hoard pretty lines they aren't going to make me give up limited time CB releases for them ;___;

In my case, I had all my potential offspring up for trade for the week and most people traded for 2nd Gens. I bred whatever was leftover on Halloween, which was mostly my 3+ Gen checkers. I bet that was true for other people too... There were some really great higher-gen checkers in the after-Halloween wall!

As for extra Desipis, I made sure to drop a set to the AP on the 31st and then I managed to catch some there too! I also traded for some others. I meant to drop a second set to the AP but I ultimately decided I didn't want to wait to that late in the day on hatch day to start pillaging the AP again xd.png

q-q two of my hatchlings influence did not take, I still have 3 females and 3 males but I really wanted to mate Joking Destroyer with Laughing Mindbreaker but now I can't because they're both males now q-q

I suppose Joking Destroyer will have to be mated with Untamed Devourer and Laughing Mindbreaker will have to be mated to Destructive Cobra(who was SUPPOSED to be male while Laughing Mindbreaker was supposed to be female >:|)

You can switch the names, you know.

I did a final count, and the rest of my Halloween clutch is as follows:

11 Graves

4 Shadow Walkers

3 Marrows

3 Pumpkins

2 Lurkers (one of them is a 3rd gen from JOTB's Alt <3 )

2 Zombies

I actually caught more, but I traded and gifted some.

So for the total that will stay on my scroll (adding the 8 Desipis) is 33 Halloween dragons <333

Edit: + 2 more Desipis hatchies, thus bringing my total to 35 Halloween dragons biggrin.gif

Edited by Wahya

4 Pumpkins (3 frozen, 1 adult)

5 Marrows (3 frozen, 2 frozen)

8 Shadow Walkers (3 frozen, 5 adults)

3 Cavern Lurkers (3 frozen)

8 Graves (3 frozen, 5 adults)

?? Desipises. Don't want to say too much on these... Last year I kept Grave hatchling IOUs in my profile and people went to PM those to out beat me. I lost some of the things I traded (and 27% of the Graves) because I simply could not take what I traded off because of my scroll limit.... -__-

You can switch the names, you know.

The names where based on their code v-v

I just traded for 2 more Desipis hatchies <333

This has been an amazing Halloween indeed!

My Desipises grow up in two hours! *pets babies because they won't be cuddly any more soon*

I wonder if people were saving pretties to breed on Halloween itself?

I know that I wasn't. But, I had three dragons that I ended up breeding late on Halloween night for the AP because the people who initially wanted offspring never got back to me. All of the babies have hopefully found loving homes by now.

The first of my Decipis dragons grow in a few hours. :3

Some of mines grow up in one hour!

(also, what's with all the mints in the ap?) o.o

Edited by wtf

I'm always a little bummed out when we start getting adults because the news thread gets closed and all the fun chat has to end. :\

Fortunately, that sadness is mitigated by new breeding toys.

Some of mines grow up in one hour!

(also, what's with all the mints in the ap?) o.o

42's at it again, I'm sure xP

And my first have just over an hour and a half biggrin.gif

I had a good Halloween - 36 old Halloweens added to my scroll and 8 new desipis. Mine grow up in about an hour and 15 minutes.

whoah! i do like the breed though! biggrin.gif thwy will make wonderful mates for my GoNs next year~

38 old Halloweens plus 8 Desipis. Who start growing up in less then 2 hours! Squee!

42's at it again, I'm sure xP

And my first have just over an hour and a half biggrin.gif

surprisingly, the parents are not 42's xd.png

My first one grew up!! yipeeeee