TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Just . . . WOW! Not a creature I would want to come across!

Love the colors and the jaws are awesome, but I am having trouble figuring out where their eyes are. unsure.gif

Thanks Piemaster and Birdz for these truly horrific creatures.

Thanks to all who helped in any way with the event, too -- spriters, writers, and TJ. It is kind of eery how this dragon fits so well with that story if it wasn't planned that way. blink.gif

Edited by purplehaze

I rather like the adults! I was having trouble thinking up a name scheme(I tend to give each different Holiday dragon a naming theme/common thread). When I saw the adults...I just knew. Kraggons.

Good job spriters! I'm enjoying these guys, and can't wait to try them out in a few lineages. smile.gif

@wtf: My first thought when I saw the Howler Drakes was how awesome they would be with Halloweens in general...I was very crushed when reminded that they.were drakes.

ALSO: HOLY GOD DUDE *clings to adults, weeps with pure joy* THAT MOUTH WHEN OPEN. THAT MOUUUUUUUUUTH.

Now this is one heck of a dragon, I love it! biggrin.gif

Edited by Ripan

I think I have a new favorite Halloween Dragon. Wow, the adults are amazing biggrin.gif.

As soon as all of mine hatched I gave them names. So super excited to see them as adults on my scroll as well! wub.gif

Thanks, Birdz and Pie! These are really cool looking and very rawrbooscary. The concept art is awesome. I like the female sprite a little more because something about the male's neck bothers me, but overall this is a great Halloween dragon.

LOVE the adults!! I do believe I have a new favorite dragon. wub.gif Kudos to the very talented artist!

They grew up!

And they look absolutely massive. Plus horns. Just look at those twisty horrrrrrnnnnnnsssss.

Their wings look super weird to me. I'm guessing they're not really flyers. But overall I love the Desipises.

Good grief, you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of these, would you?

I'm impressed!

Ooooo, I'm digging the adults. What I love about Halloween is that we can get some seriously evil breeds instead of the usual nice-sweet-and-clever releases. Now, to figure out a good naming scheme for my little devils...

Also on the happy side of things, I caught a 2nd gen SW from a Tsunami father, which is great because 1. that's exactly what I need for my project and 2. I didn't get a chance to trade for any this year. Just three more to go... xd.png

These exceeded my expectations! They seen to work very well with falconiforms, avatars of destruction... and howler drakes. ahhh too bad howler drakes are DRAKES. sad.gif

I totally agree with you! Plans for lineages are being created......

Birdzgoboom & Piemaster, thanks for these wonderful dragons! And I absolutely love the extra information you put together about the dragon. And the "Concept" art..... Incredible. I know it's technically concept art, but that's no concept art in my opinion. It's just art!

I can't wait to see even more information in the encyclopedia once it comes available there.

And YAY for the Wall of Halloween AP! I managed to catch one more black Marrow, two more Graves, one more Shadow Walker and one more Cavern Lurker. And many of them with very nice lineages as well, even some lineages I can already continue smile.gif Thanks, breeders!

This was once again a great Halloween event! Thanks everyone!

Thanks, spriters! The adult sprite looks awesome hehe.

Mine just hatched a few hours ago. Time to think of names. tongue.gif

Holy crap WOW

This has to be the best thing to ever get incave with man

Wow excellent work pie these are fabulous good job

Though i kinda wish they werent holidays now since i wanna heard them LOL but no seriously theyre fantastic

Now i just need my last cb before i freak out ksncidishfivhelp

They're majestic and royal. I really like that DC is quite unpredictable about holiday dragons. Graves, Lurker and Desipis are definitely original and well made, nothing that anyone of us could predict. I love they're texture, it seems alive. The jaw thing is weird and perfect, too xd.png

Even if I love them I would like to see something more classic, too. (werewolf, devil, witch/warlock, monster, spider)

I quite like these! They're very ferocious and awesome, but I'm still not sure how I should name mine. Thanks for the additional concept stuff, birdz; I always love seeing that!

I love how it says they don't like Cassares

when I first saw the adults I wanted to see how they looked with Cassare the most

Never mind I found it too.

Nice dragons, well done all involved! Thank you for another wonderful Holiday beast to add to our Scrolls.

Edited by Ayelldee

o_o" theses dragons are...AMAZING!! *cries a little* Awesome job spriters.

They're majestic and royal. I really like that DC is quite unpredictable about holiday dragons. Graves, Lurker and Desipis are definitely original and well made, nothing that anyone of us could predict. I love they're texture, it seems alive. The jaw thing is weird and perfect, too xd.png

Even if I love them I would like to see something more classic, too. (werewolf, devil, witch/warlock, monster, spider)

Agreed. This are absolutely lovely, but I'd love to see a werewolf dragon, or a witch dragon. We have vampires, zombies and ghost (shadow walkers resemble ghosts) so it makes sense.

Wow! Those adult sprites are amazing!! Way to go, Birdz and PieMaster! biggrin.gif

I love these dragons so much!! biggrin.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

user posted image

Breed Name: Desipis Dragon

Dragon Type: Western

Size: ~23 feet tall, ~45 feet long, ~35 foot wingspan (relies mostly on magic for flight)

Colors: Black, gray, bright orange, bone white

birdzgoboom’s Alts: Navy blue, black, mint green, and pale blue

PieMaster’s Alts: Greenish black, greenish gray, neon green, and pale yellow

~

Some Characteristics:

As shown on their sprites and concept art, their mouths extend into their necks to make it easier to consume large prey, and their tails have a similar function of splitting so that they can make themselves look larger and more intimidating. The bands of muscle connecting the top and bottom parts of their mouths are incredibly strong and thick, making them hard to puncture or sever.

Desipises are known to be quite temperamental, often unleashing their wrath in bursts of their magic-draining flames. This gives them more strength and helps replenish their mana reserves, which tends to calm them down, but can harm the environments where they live. For this reason, many dragons avoid areas inhabited by Desipises.

Desipis Dragons are rawrscary and are often found on the holidayofbooghostpumpkin (which is nowing).

Females tend to possess richer reserves of mana than males, providing them with more strength for performing spells and making their mental magic harder to resist. Their scales and bones are rich with their own dark mana, and they sap magic from others using their flames. This sapped mana is then processed and crystallized, creating the pure, bright crystals that develop on their tails and bodies. The amount of crystals can vary between each dragon because of this.

Their mind-breaking powers are unmatched and often fatal. However, because of their heavy reliance on magic for everything other than brute force, they are not fond of the Cassares or any other magic-deadening creatures and objects.

The name “Desipis” was chosen because of how foolish one would have to be to approach such a dangerous and twisted dragon, especially if it is untamed.

Much more info to come via the encyclopedia!

~~~~~

Aaahhhh I'm shaking so much this is so exciting!!!! ;; Rawrbooscarydragons are adults and I'm... I'm really feeling it! ;;

Bumping Birdz's post for others to see

In my opinion best Halloween dragons by far <3

Edited by lollipop00

Not what I expected, but lovely stuff. It's obvious some hard work was put into it, so glad I got as many as I did. Now I'm itching for next Halloween. LOL