TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

They're gone from the AP! I was expecting to grab some more Halloween eggs.

Anyway, the new Dragons are gorgeous! They look scary, as a Halloween Dragon must be. Thank you TJ and the creators of this breed!

CB PRIZE? Where? ohmy.gif

This one. The original owner abandoned it and it was picked up out of the AP by the new lucky owner. Hence its name. happy.gif

I love the adult sprites. Facial anatomy makes me a little confused but it's actually quite an attractive dragon once you get past the jarring nature of its gargantuan head. I love how powerful and brutish these guys look. Probably my favorite Halloween thus far!

I love the adult sprites. Facial anatomy makes me a little confused but it's actually quite an attractive dragon once you get past the jarring nature of its gargantuan head. I love how powerful and brutish these guys look. Probably my favorite Halloween thus far!

IIRC it's got a snake-like "hood," which may or may not be immediately obvious.

CB PRIZE? Where? ohmy.gif

Luckiest Catch (Silver shimmer) was caught in the AP, iirc. biggrin.gif

That's why the owner named it 'Luckiest Catch'

I kinda like how Reptilian/Draconic these look. Such a change from the cutesy sprites of Christmas/Val releases. (I actually prefer the cutesy sprites, but this is Halloween, so, its' appropriate) The fire puff is the best part. These will go well with Brutes I think.

Edited by Shapa

Nice adults even I do not like them as much as the Black Marrow. But they are better than Pumpkin and Cavern Lurker.

I CANNOT wait to see Birdzgoboom's Alt Desipis.

Love these, and these are easily my favorite Halloween dragons biggrin.gif

Congratulations to Pie and Birdz on this one - excellent work! ^..^

Beautiful adults! I'm a little disappointed they're not skeletons, but that's OK. These guys would be great with Cassare dragons or Avatars of Destruction, although I'm afraid the latter pairing would create some sort of awful, unstoppable hellbeast. D:

Edited by Watari

Really, I thought I wouldn't see a Halloween dragon that I would love the same or more than Black Marrows.

Welcome to my favorite breeds club, Desipis!

(I thought it would be a paranoia/fear based dragon, not a mind-controlling one, honestly!)

If I hadn't seen the concept art, I'd have never known that there was a hood.

There are many wonderful details, but, it's a bit..... much. I do like this quite a bit more than last year's dragon (which is pretty high up on my list of least favored breeds) but it doesn't surpass the Marrows, Shadow Walkers, or Pumpkins in my opinion.

All the same, thank you to the spriters ^^ I hope to get a few more of these next year and I think they'll be lovely in lineages with other burly and brutish-looking dragons~

Really sad the AP cleared out already, I wanted to grab more for freezefodder to get hatchies. sad.gif

I have to agree, it's a bit much, but at the same time, the sprite does a good(excellent, really) job portraying most of them. (though I do agree I would have never known there was a hood based on just the sprite)

Edited by lindsy95

I love how hefty they feel! So solid and dense. They look like they'd go THWOMP THWOMP when they walk.

Actually, the more I look at them, the more I find them... kind of adorable. xd.png I want to cuddle one. I understand that then I'd be crushed and/or mind-wiped and all magical power would be scorched out of me, but they're just so big and cute and thwompy looking...

Now here's the big question...

Will the Desipises we raised actually count towards our totals, or are we going to be scrambling looking for hatchlings some forward thinking people froze once these buggers hit the encyclopedia? Or be forced to wait a year to raise more of 'em to count towards the totals? (quells encyclopedia rage with quiet muttering)

I love how hefty they feel! So solid and dense. They look like they'd go THWOMP THWOMP when they walk.

Actually, the more I look at them, the more I find them... kind of adorable. xd.png I want to cuddle one. I understand that then I'd be crushed and/or mind-wiped and all magical power would be scorched out of me, but they're just so big and cute and thwompy looking...

Thank you for naming one of my dragons. xd.png

saw several gold, silver, and prize in AP... wow

And they are not messy!!! One of the silvers I saw is a 3rd gen Pure blood...

And a gold I saw is 2nd gen from magi...

Now here's the big question...

Will the Desipises we raised actually count towards our totals, or are we going to be scrambling looking for hatchlings some forward thinking people froze once these buggers hit the encyclopedia? Or be forced to wait a year to raise more of 'em to count towards the totals? (quells encyclopedia rage with quiet muttering)

I was wondering the same thing!

It's sad enough to be unable to unlock the egg stage of old pink & frill... I really hope the ones we are raising now can be counted once the Encyclopedia page is released!

Thank you for naming one of my dragons. xd.png

That name is amazing!

I can't wait until I get a few hatchlings to freeze next year. I'm going to name them funny things that reference strength and crushing <3

I have named all this year's hatchies with the suffix Mindbender. Last year, for the Graves, it was Grimm.

Edited by purplehaze