TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I just saw one in the AP - if you missed them, definitely stalk it for a bit at least smile.gif

Thanks TJ and spriters! The egg's kind of sparkly, and the hatchlings and egg look really nice.

The grayness and release picture on the first page makes me think they're granite, like what some gravestones are made of. Scary. I'm glad these aren't in RL.

Why does it seem to take forever for TJ's to grow up! *Pokes hatchies with a spork.*

The US military, maybe. But this is not universal. It may depend on the culture/language, but when someone tells me that something will happen at midnight on a given day, I usually think about the end of that day and not its beginning (i.e., midnight = 24:00).

I found an interesting discussion on the "English Language & Usage Stack Exchange" titled "How should “midnight on…” be interpreted?". From the most voted answers, I understand that the common usage may differ from the official usage, especially in the countries using the AM/PM notation instead of a 24 hours clock.

The best solution might be to avoid mentioning "midnight" and use "00:01" instead (or "23:59" for the end of the day).

Actually, the person who said it's referred to as zero hundred hours in military time is incorrect. As a person in the military, I can tell you that it's referred to as 2400 if you're talking about the end of the day, and 0000 if you're talking about the beginning of the day.

Hence when you close out logs, it's 2400: No further entries this date, and when you begin a new set, it's 0000: Initial conditions are as follows:

Bla ha ha ha.

And also having done a goodly amount of world travel thanks to my Naval career, I can say that most countries use the 24 hour clock vice the AM/PM clock (we here in the US of A are kind of... different. SAE and AM/PM? Kind of wish we'd get on track with everywhere else).

Simplest thing to remember is that Dragon Cave is run out of the East Coast of the USA, so apply EST to whatever time TJ puts out. So if he says from midnight to midnight on the 31st, it's 0000-2400 EST on 10/31. Simple enough.

But I'll put out there from experience - if you grab the eggs at exactly 0000, you may get the "This egg does not exist" message that I got. tongue.gif

Am I seeing things or are the eggs getting orange speckles on the shell as they crack?

Yes, they are.

Wow, I wonder if it has sth to do with special characteristics of the breed - can't wait for the adults to see what they look like, what's their name and why they are special. wub.gif

All I can say is, I got my info from da Interwebz and here it is

Military time operates on a 24- hour clock that begins at midnight which is referred to as 0000 hours, with 1:00 a.m. being 0100 hours, 2:00 a.m. being 0200 hours, etc. all the way to 11:00 p.m. being 2300 hours.

Military Connection - Military Time

unquote.

So if that's wrong, I apologize.

Why does it seem to take forever for TJ's to grow up! *Pokes hatchies with a spork.*

Why a spork, specifically?

I saw some new eggs in the AP when I didn't have room. Now I do have room, but I don't see any in the AP! tongue.gif

Why a spork, specifically?

Sorry! It is just sort of a running joke I have with a player on another thread. wink.gif But sporks are kinda gentle things to poke with 'cause they aren't too sharp and won't really hurt the little dears -- just kind of wake them up and get them moving? laugh.gif

Is it just me or do the hatchies seem to have tail mouths?

I don't know... but they have got something about their tails. I thought it was just a forked end, but now that you mention it, a mouth seems possible too.

The tails look like they might be some sort of power source or weapon. I like where this is going c:

Hatch already *pokes her eggs*

Anyhow - big thanks you to TJ, PieMaster, and all the others who had a hand in the lovely eggs and Halloween event!

It looks like the tails of the babies are holding some kind of orb...

These are really cool when they start cracking. I like the orange showing up on them.

The eggs remind me of the stone hematite, but the hatchlings... O.o they're cool but I can't unsee the tail-mouth.

Sorry! It is just sort of a running joke I have with a player on another thread. wink.gif But sporks are kinda gentle things to poke with 'cause they aren't too sharp and won't really hurt the little dears -- just kind of wake them up and get them moving? laugh.gif

There also used to be a lineage of dragons with the name 'Spork' - I have one, there used to be several, but they're kinda gone now.

When i posted about what happened, I wasn't expecting anything to come of it, but I wound up with a few people PM'ing me with Halloween eggs. I was very surprised by that, and I'm so glad I was able to replace the ones I lost. i'm going to be a LOT more careful with these! No more click sites for holiday eggs. Not right away, anyway.

It looks like the tails of the babies are holding some kind of orb...

These are really cool when they start cracking. I like the orange showing up on them.

I like the cracking sequence too. And they do look like either mouths or orb things. The dragons might just be heavily armored.

Wish these eggs would hatch faster, would love to get at the AP and do some last minute Halloween egg pick ups. So many bred Halloweens needing homes. xd.png

Wish these eggs would hatch faster, would love to get at the AP and do some last minute Halloween egg pick ups. So many bred Halloweens needing homes. xd.png

I think the Halloween Egg Wall will last longer than the 3 1/2 hours it will take for your eggs to hatch. I too got mine in the first 10 minutes, and I'm looking for 7 hatchies by ten minutes after midnight. smile.gif

Good AP hunting!