TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Ah, well. Time to pack away the pumpkins and costumes for next year. I manged to get 7 new eggs some hours after the start of the release. Before then I couldn't get anything, no matter how hard I tried. The numbers of people seemed to go like this as time passed: 130-100, 100-70, 70-40, 40-20 and 20-10. I hope everyone had a ton of fun this Halloween, I know I did!

Darn, I was so busy that I missed the drop. Maybe next year I'll get some good hatchies from this years brood.

This Halloween IRL was really dull for me. I gave my sister and my best friend candy and a few small trinkets, and wore a bat garland around my hat band, but that was it.

This was literally the most interesting thing I did xP

I kind of feel generous now and i will give one of the new eggs to the first person that gives me a pm and did not manage to catch one.

Thank you TJ and artists for another lovely and fun event along with a cute new dragon.

Well, darn. I completely forgot this was a thing... I think I managed to miss getting all the treats too. I feel like a real goober. /sigh.

Yup, looks like I missed nine things. Good job, me... if I'd just remembered to log on today, I could have gotten everything. Boo.

Edited by silver_chan

sad.gif

I got home from a double at work exactly 30 minutes too late to get any of the new halloween dragons.

I'd've been happy just to get one...

Edited by Snuffles

I thought they said on midnight of Halloween itself!! that's right now and I can't find anything... I missed it i'm soooooo sad. I wish they had said midnight on the 30, I was thinking the 31

I thought they said on midnight of Halloween itself!! that's right now and I can't find anything... I missed it i'm soooooo sad. I wish they had said midnight on the 30, I was thinking the 31

I strongly suggest using the Calendar up in the top right corner when it's a bit ambiguous like that. It marks the release on the 31st. I still suppose it's a bit ambiguous but if it had meant starting at midnight then, it would have been on the 1st of November which doesn't make any sense.

Also, on all Halloweens past it has always been from the very start of the 31st to the end. c:

Hopefully soon we will have that news feed on the main site. TJ pls. PLS. SOON. That and the clock please. Just somehow give us those things first. :U

Edited by edwardelricfreak

For those who missed the drop: there's still plenty of eggs in the AP... you might get one of the new ones, or at least something Halloweeny!

sad.gif

I got home from a double at work exactly 30 minutes too late to get any of the new halloween dragons.

I'd've been happy just to get one...

Check you PMs wink.gif

These new dragons aren't two-headed, are they? The male hatchies seem to have two heads though blink.gif

Edit: Just had a closer look at this "head". It's the second wing xd.png

Edited by Yeronoco

LOL! Only just realised one of my New Halloweens has the code "O Snow" (not exact code for obvious reasons). I think given the confusion aspect of this dragon, I'll call it something along the lines of "You Know Noffink (Jon Snow)". wink.gif

Well, that was a successful Halloween! :3 I managed to collect 1 Pumpkin, 3 Marrows, 6 Shadow Walkers, 12 Cavern Lurkers (my primary interest xd.png), 1 Grave and a set of Grave hatchlings for freezing, as well as all ToT and carnival items. I had only six slots for new Halloweens yesterday and dropped one of them when I found a wonderful gift in my inbox this morning, but I'm positive that I will be able to trade for one or two more in the next days. Now I'm really exited to see how these dragons turn out! :3

This has been a very fun Halloween on DC like always. I love when DC does stuff like this on holidays. Now I can look forward to Christmas. biggrin.gif

Aw, my sister caught me five eggs on her scroll; she doesn't play anymore and wanted to help me increase my alt army <3 How nice of her! I'll probably end up waiting until they're ER to claim them tongue.gif

I had the same problem with previous events. When I read that something starts at midnight on Halloween, I always think about midnight after the evening of the 31st, not the night before.

In general, I associate midnight with the end of the day, not with the early morning. In order words, for me: midnight on the Nth = end of day on the Nth = the minute following 23:59 on that day. But in DC terms, midnight on the Nth = start of day on the Nth = 00:00 on that day, which is unusual for me.

But now I have learned to interpret things differently on Dragon Cave and to be ready the day before.

LOL! Only just realised one of my New Halloweens has the code "O Snow" (not exact code for obvious reasons). I think given the confusion aspect of this dragon, I'll call it something along the lines of "You Know Noffink (Jon Snow)". wink.gif

Very nice! I picked up one last night that has the code "logPC" on it. I'm sure that's what most of us had to do to grab one of those eggs! I certainly had to log my PC. wink.gif

I had to ask but, does anyone know were everyone's getting these nifty badges with pictures of this years Halloween egg on with catcher 2014 or something similar written on?

I really like them, and wondered who I should be asking to get one.