TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I wish all of the D.C. holiday events lasted as long as the Christmas ones do. :(

Same.

What I hate is that for Christmas and Valentine's, which have limits for the CBs (and always have) have the longest dropping period. But Halloweens have only one day, yet you can get an unlimited number. :U

My eggs hatch in an hour! *excited squees*

Then I can grab four more Graves. Anyone have any idea as to how long the queue of Halloween eggs will last?

My eggs hatch in an hour! *excited squees*

Then I can grab four more Graves. Anyone have any idea as to how long the queue of Halloween eggs will last?

I'm thinking AP 'weenies will begin to get picked up pretty quick once people's new 'weenies begin to hatch, but who knows?

I'm thinking AP 'weenies will begin to get picked up pretty quick once people's new 'weenies begin to hatch, but who knows?

They will. They were gone SO FAST last year.

Be ready.

-cracks knuckles and stretches-

Same.

What I hate is that for Christmas and Valentine's, which have limits for the CBs (and always have) have the longest dropping period. But Halloweens have only one day, yet you can get an unlimited number. :U

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me either other than the fact its in consideration for the people who have Christmas plans, which end to consume more time. The holiday is also celebrated more broadly. Halloween is really only a *major* thing in the U.S., I believe, unlike Christmas that's celebrated almost worldwide.

But there still is a valid point. Its like "Okay, I have my two eggs. And they're dropping the whole week. But nope only two."

And then Valentines makes no sense because not only is it a two egg limit but its one day.

Has there ever actually been a specific reasoning behind why Christmas and Valentines allow only two caveborns?

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me either other than the fact its in consideration for the people who have Christmas plans, which end to consume more time. The holiday is also celebrated more broadly. Halloween is really only a *major* thing in the U.S., I believe, unlike Christmas that's celebrated almost worldwide.

But there still is a valid point. Its like "Okay, I have my two eggs. And they're dropping the whole week. But nope only two."

And then Valentines makes no sense because not only is it a two egg limit but its one day.

Has there ever actually been a specific reasoning behind why Christmas and Valentines allow only two caveborns?

Not that I know of. It's just kind of a thing. Honestly, I don't have any problem with the limits or drop times. At least we don't still have limits of two for non CBs

ETA: maybe it has something to do with most christmas/valentines dragons being monogender

Edited by Oasis

Because the common thought is that Halloween is a greedy holiday and is about grabbing as much candy as possible. Where as X-mas and Valentines day are about giving. Either to friends and family or sweethearts. Thus the two egg giving limit where as Halloween is a greedy all you can get limit.

oh oops I didn't mean to add Valentine's to the three day drop list :U lulz

But still. Hooray, some people have Christmas plans but during Halloween and Valentine's I have school :\ I just wish they were all three day or something. ;n; And idk about everyone else but the Halloween events are usually my favorite (last year's Christmas event was awesome though!)

This year's event was amazing. The hatchies are cute. I'm excited to see the adults (I've seen the silhouettes and name but lol I don't remember the name like at all and can only vaguely remember the silhouettes.

Because the common thought is that Halloween is a greedy holiday and is about grabbing as much candy as possible. Where as X-mas and Valentines day are about giving. Either to friends and family or sweethearts. Thus the two egg giving limit where as Halloween is a greedy all you can get limit.

That seems legit.

I guess because grabbing only two would allow you to breed any other Vallies/Christmases you have and give them away? Or any other dragon for that matter?

I've never understood why it's 2 and not 3 myself. I could understand 3 - you could get one of each sprite stage if you're that kind of collector, and it would still allow others to grab eggs (the lack of greediness and all). 2 is weird, even with a single gender dragon xd.png

I've never understood why it's 2 and not 3 myself. I could understand 3 - you could get one of each sprite stage if you're that kind of collector, and it would still allow others to grab eggs (the lack of greediness and all). 2 is weird, even with a single gender dragon xd.png

I'm glad it's not three. I hate odd numbers.

That seems legit.

I guess because grabbing only two would allow you to breed any other Vallies/Christmases you have and give them away? Or any other dragon for that matter?

That's exactly why smile.gif! *Gives Cookie* I've been here since 07' and that's always been the reason that was given for the limit on Val and Christmas.

I wish it was 3. I hate not having all the sprites of a species. Although that doesn't count anymore.

I personally love odd numbers xd.png

-sticks eggs next to a heater-

They need to crack more xPPP

'Xcuse u.

And what, do these things really have more than a day left before they grow up? That's ridiculous and I would greatly prefer they turn to adults right now because I'm tired of waiting to see if I'll be sorely disappointed or pleasantly surprised. Come on DC you're so slow, speed it up already gosh.

And at least we don't still have only the one Cave.

Ooooh, the one Cave made hunting Halloweens a horrible experience. *missed the Marrows*

Same. I've got 15-20 minutes on the first, and 25 on 4 others I believe. Something roughly in that parameter.

I've got about three hours to go. =o I bet all the AP eggs are gone before I can get in there. Ah, well. o3o

Mine are hatching!

All 7 are hatched. It was almost exactly as they went from 4d 1h down to 4d.

And the tail does look thicker at the end, almost like an open mouth.

Edited by snave

First two of mine hatched! They're like little Gila monster kaiju <3