TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

My four eggs are abt stage three or four, but I had to fog them for a bit... should be hatched by this afternoon...

Is today the last day halloween dragons stop breeding true? Since they started laying last saturday o?o

Is today the last day halloween dragons stop breeding true? Since they started laying last saturday o?o

It might already be over. I just tried an Albino x Grave, and got just a single Albino, which auto-abandoned because I'm egg-locked with new Halloween 2014 eggs.

Edited by snave

Hush, little eggie, stop getting sick, you barely have any views~

Hush, little eggie, stop your crying, or I'll beat you with a shoe.

Dont mind me, just wondering why holiday eggies have the horrid habit of getting sick. It's like they are shy, 'just hide me away for a few minutes, and then I'll be fine for a hour'

I'm pretty sure it was yesterday. Holiday dragons breed for a full 7 days. So, Sat + Sun + Mon + Tues + Wed + Thurs + Fri = 7 days. ^-^

Plus, I bred one of my shadow walkers and it produced a common, so ... yea. xd.png

I usually fog my holiday/new release eggs for a day before putting them into hatcheries. They are slow to hatch, but they only rarely get sick.

I usually fog my holiday/new release eggs for a day before putting them into hatcheries. They are slow to hatch, but they only rarely get sick.

Ditto.

I got my eggs yesterday afternoon, put them in click sites, and went to work. I logged on early this morning to check on them, and all four were dead from sickness. sad.gif I am extremely unhappy. I've never had eggs die that fast from being sick.

Yeah you have to be careful about click sites, especially on the hard to get dragons. I obsessively check my little ones, even when they're not in click sites! xd.png

I don't plan on adding any of mine until they hit the 4 days and X hours mark.

I got my eggs yesterday afternoon, put them in click sites, and went to work. I logged on early this morning to check on them, and all four were dead from sickness. :( I am extremely unhappy. I've never had eggs die that fast from being sick.

I'm sorry that happened to your eggs! :C

When I'm not home, I usually take them out of click sites just to be safe. But if I don't, I only have them in ONE site, not multiple, so they don't gain tons and tons of views while I'm away.

From the looks of the hatchlings, and the brief glimpse I got of the new dragons' shadows in the encyclopedia, they seem like something that would look good when bred with Avatars of Destruction.

I got my eggs yesterday afternoon, put them in click sites, and went to work. I logged on early this morning to check on them, and all four were dead from sickness. :( I am extremely unhappy. I've never had eggs die that fast from being sick.

But why on this good earth would you put freshly caught holidays into a hatchery?? Especially if you knew you were going to be gone for the rest of the day? Thats a recipe for disaster if ive ever heard one.

I fogged mine instantly :/

That said perhaps you can find some gifters willing to help.

I have seen some of this year's Halloween eggs trickle through the AP. If you've got time to stalk, you can still pick some up.

But 12 at night is always the beginning of the next day..that's when calendars roll over. The military refers to midnight as zero hundred hours - or the beginning.

The US military, maybe. But this is not universal. It may depend on the culture/language, but when someone tells me that something will happen at midnight on a given day, I usually think about the end of that day and not its beginning (i.e., midnight = 24:00).

I found an interesting discussion on the "English Language & Usage Stack Exchange" titled "How should “midnight on…” be interpreted?". From the most voted answers, I understand that the common usage may differ from the official usage, especially in the countries using the AM/PM notation instead of a 24 hours clock.

The best solution might be to avoid mentioning "midnight" and use "00:01" instead (or "23:59" for the end of the day).

You must be very careful with holiday eggs, don't site them too early, don't put them in too many sites too soon. I start putting mine one site that is not a real heavy site around 4 days 10 hours for a few hours, then I may add one more site a few hours later. That may be all I use, If more is required I will add another at or around 4 days 2 hours. Never go too long without checking your eggs, best to hide them if you cant babysit them. Be Safe guard your eggs.

The US military, maybe. But this is not universal. It may depend on the culture/language, but when someone tells me that something will happen at midnight on a given day, I usually think about the end of that day and not its beginning (i.e., midnight = 24:00).

Same here. Also, I think of the whole night following any day as part of that day. It's not the next day until the sun comes up the next morning. That's how I understand it culturally, regardless of how accurate it is, or what the actual date is.

However, when it comes to timing of something like "at midnight of Oct. 31st, the Halloween eggs start dropping" I easily understand it as 00:00 of Oct. 31st. Because they're the Halloween eggs, so it makes sense that they drop on Halloween, not on Nov. 1st.

Where are those neato Halloween 'badges' again? I don't want to have to go mining..

ETA: Whoo! There 'tis! Thanks Nyastara, for the great work on that.

Edited by Ayelldee

Never mind, no one told me, but I just copied the image URL. It would be nice if someone could tell me if there is a thread on the forum that makes those holiday egg pictures for your signature.

Edited by gusearth1

Never mind, no one told me, but I just copied the image URL. It would be nice if someone could tell me if there is a thread on the forum that makes those holiday egg pictures for your signature.

Here you go!

Oh no I missed it! I am so upset, first halloween where I couldn't get CBs. :/

Oh no I missed it! I am so upset, first halloween where I couldn't get CBs. :/

If you're lucky, someone might gift you one. Or you can stalk the AP, they've been popping up rarely.