TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

All I can say is, I got my info from da Interwebz and here it is

Military time operates on a 24- hour clock that begins at midnight which is referred to as 0000 hours, with 1:00 a.m. being 0100 hours, 2:00 a.m. being 0200 hours, etc. all the way to 11:00 p.m. being 2300 hours.

Military Connection - Military Time

unquote.

So if that's wrong, I apologize.

The military operates off a 24-hour clock, beginning at midnight (which is 0000 hours). So, 1:00 AM is 0100 hours, 2:00 AM is 0200 hours, and so-on up until 11:00 PM which is 2300 hours.

Here's the whole list:

Midnight (12:00 AM) -- 0000 hrs

1:00 AM -- 0100 hrs

2:00 AM -- 0200 hrs

3:00 AM -- 0300 hrs

4:00 AM -- 0400 hrs

5:00 AM -- 0500 hrs

6:00 AM -- 0600 hrs

7:00 AM -- 0700 hrs

8:00 AM -- 0800 hrs

9:00 AM -- 0900 hrs

10:00 AM -- 1000 hrs

11:00 AM -- 1100 hrs

12:00 PM -- 1200 hrs

1:00 PM -- 1300 hrs

2:00 PM -- 1400 hrs

3:00 PM -- 1500 hrs

4:00 PM -- 1600 hrs

5:00 PM -- 1700 hrs

6:00 PM -- 1800 hrs

7:00 PM -- 1900 hrs

8:00 PM -- 2000 hrs

9:00 PM -- 2100 hrs

10:00 PM -- 2200 hrs

11:00 PM -- 2300 hrs

You would be correct. There is no 2400..we'll, technically there is, cause both work, TBH.

Edited by RipPanther1

Mine won't be hatching for awhile, unfortunately.

I was hoping to get a grave or two to freeze. The S2s are adorable to me.

You would be correct. There is no 2400..

Just for completion's sake, quoting from Wikipedia:

In the 24-hour time notation, the day begins at midnight, 00:00, and the last minute of the day begins at 23:59. Where convenient, the notation 24:00 may also be used to refer to midnight at the end of a given date[5] – that is, 24:00 of one day is the same time as 00:00 of the following day.

The notation 24:00 mainly serves to refer to the exact end of a day in a time interval. A typical usage is giving opening hours ending at midnight (e.g. "00:00–24:00", "07:00–24:00"). Similarly, some railway timetables show 00:00 as departure time and 24:00 as arrival time. Legal contracts often run from the start date at 00:00 till the end date at 24:00.

^ This is how it is in Germany (for example). So there is a 24:00, it's just redundant.

Edit: Wow, that's what I get for submitting the post about five minutes after writing it (got distracted with trading stuff). xd.png Super ninja'd... by the original poster. ninja.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Will they last 5 hours after the first eggs hatch? I doubt it.

If they don't I'm screwed. I got my eggs at about 5:00AM EST.

So much for getting extra.

I think you'll be OK. There are about 18 hours worth of eggs in the AP (the ones we see now with 6d 6h left were dropped 18 hours before Halloween ended) That's a lot of eggs. smile.gif

Happy AP hunting to you, too!

ETA: or maybe it's 15 or 21 hours? (6d 6h plus 18h is 7d, plus the extra added day, plus? or minus? the 3h from now til midnight) This adding a day to AP eggs always throws my math off. sad.gif

Edited by snave

I think the Halloween Egg Wall will last longer than the 3 1/2 hours it will take for your eggs to hatch. I too got mine in the first 10 minutes, and I'm looking for 7 hatchies by ten minutes after midnight. smile.gif

Good AP hunting!

Yeah, took me about 17 minutes to catch my 6. Hoping to find some nice shadows or graves since I got my marrows all sorted out.

Then again you can never have enough marrows. xd.png

Good AP hunting to you too. happy.gif

Just for completion's sake, quoting from Wikipedia:

^ This is how it is in Germany (for example). So there is a 24:00, it's just redundant.

Edit: Wow, that's what I get for submitting the post about five minutes after writing it (got distracted with trading stuff). xd.png Super ninja'd... by the original poster. ninja.gif

Heh. Yeah, I know what you mean. I had edited my post because, I know we use 2400, but it's not technically an hour, but more so just a way to say the end of a day. I know what you mean though.

Yeah, took me about 17 minutes to catch my 6. Hoping to find some nice shadows or graves since I got my marrows all sorted out.

Then again you can never have enough marrows. xd.png

Good AP hunting to you too. happy.gif

Not to mention a time change. One extra hour, woo hoo!

I'm so happy because my mom is ok, a really good friend from here cames back and yes, I love the hatchies xd.png

Now that I think about it, the new dragon's egg cracking sequence kind of reminds me of rust... I think a rust-related dragon would be AWESOME, but I don't think that's what they're doing with this one.

*pokes eggs* NOW HATCH ALL OF YOU

When the eggs were fresh, they looked to me almost like they had hatching holes already! It was because the center of the eggs was so dark. I think they had to add the orange sparklies to the cracking eggs so you could tell the difference between fresh dark eggs, and ones with a hole ready to hatch.

But the important thing is...

My eggs will hatch in less than 3 hours!!!

I honestly have no idea what to name these things. Usually I have some ideas. My first ones should hatch just after 12:00 though.

There also used to be a lineage of dragons with the name 'Spork' - I have one, there used to be several, but they're kinda gone now.

Yep! I have two of those originals. Plus we tried to restart the lineage at one point, too, and bred a few more, but there wasn't much interest, I guess.

Anyway I am really anxious for TJ's hatchies to grow up and they are taking forever. wink.gif

I do love the unique cracking sequence on these eggs. I didn't really get to see it on TJ's because they hatched while I was sleeping. The orange speckles on the eggs must be a foreshadow of the orange spots on the hatchies.

For some reason I am reminded a bit of the Stone dragon, although the Stone hatchies look nothing like these.

I stocked up--three new eggs. (: What an awesome release, and those hatchies look great!

Are they still dropping? I've been looking, but haven't seen any drops. I hope I can get a second batch in time before they stop!

Are they still dropping? I've been looking, but haven't seen any drops. I hope I can get a second batch in time before they stop!

They stopped at midnight, but you can still find some in the AP.

They are very nice! I love the coloring they have. I can't wait to see the adults xd.png

Edited by NekoA

They stopped at midnight, but you can still find some in the AP.

Aww, butts. So, the drop is from 12am on Halloween day, then ends 12am on November 1st? Dang, I wish it was a bit longer. Oh well.

Aww, butts. So, the drop is from 12am on Halloween day, then ends 12am on November 1st? Dang, I wish it was a bit longer. Oh well.

Yes.

The Christmas drops are the longest.

I don't want to bust anyone's bubble, but the second male hatchie and the second female hatchie both dropped to 5d 6h about 30 seconds before 10:00pm EST. If my calculations are correct, that should mean that those 2 will grow up at 4:00am, MONDAY morning. That's right, not tonight, not sometime tomorrow after midnight, but another whole day after that, on Monday morning, November 3rd, at 4:00am EST.

So if you are getting itchy about TJ's hatchies growing up anytime soon, step away from the computer, calm down, and get ahold of yourself. You're too close to the new eggs, and they're making it hard for you to think clearly. We've still got 30 hours to go before they will grow up.

You may say you just can't wait, but I know you can. You got to! Ain't no choice.

For all things there is a time, and a season for growing. The dragon growing season for Halloween 2014 eggs just doesn't start for 30 more hours (OK, 29 hours and 50 minutes). Sorry. smile.gif

Edited by snave

Ooh, just a couple more hours and my eggs will hatch! I'm excited to see the adult form. I'm going to stop looking here and wait until mine fully grow. So I'm super surprised. user posted image

-pokes eggs-

Not enough cracks yet and just a few hours to go.

GAH!

Ahh, my six little eggs look so cute! I'm hoping that they all gender male so I can do the stair lineage that I'm planning! *crosses fingers hopefully*