TJ09

2014-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I cut my vacation short to make sure i'd be home to get these guys (okay, so staying up north about two hours away for a few days isn't exactly a huge vacation but)

Anyhow - while I like the colors...they really aren't catching my heart (seems we'll have another year of Black Marrows and Graves fighting it out for the favorite unless the Adults of this breed blow me away)

Have you already incubated them? If not, use your red dragons BSL to incubate them. It will cut 24 hours off.

No, I don't have enough reds. I'm going to have to start breeding/catching more after Halloween stuff dies down

Do these hatchlings have two heads, or just really strong jawlines/open mouths?

its mouth is open :3

Happy Hallooween! and thanks for this nice event smile.gif

my eyes must be too old already, i can't see exactly, how the head of the new hatchlings look. even when i use strg and + ..but anyway, i'm very curious, how the adults will look like.

No, I don't have enough reds. I'm going to have to start breeding/catching more after Halloween stuff dies down

I take you've used all of them aleady. I've already used all mine or I'd try and help. Unless you're really attached to the lineage of the marrow and one of the shadow walkers, I think I'd keep dayum and catch a couple more new ones. You may be of a different opinion. Good luck!😄

I just got a zombie on my first attempt! It's ridiculous and hard to believe... I don't know how it happened, tbh. I've never made any zombie attempts before, but the first dragon I killed (TnT) and tried to revive came back as a zombie. ((It's a halloween miracle... ohmy.gif ))

Two more zombies for me this year (both adults, I didn't try with hatchlings this year)

I caught 7 eggs last night and managed to get a Zombie (I have 2 now) so I call this Halloween a success. xd.png

Lucky, I killed about three the other day and two of them revived as the breed they originally were while the other one remained 6 feet under.

I hav two hatcling zombies that I got last year, but I was hoping to get an adult this year. Sigh~ better luck next year, right?

Still I'm excited to have six new Halloween Eggs this year so that's a plus! And I bred all of my Halloween dragons too.

For those of you still hunting, keep a look out for 2G Graves from CB Grave x GoN! My dragons gifted a total of 6 to the AP. happy.gif

It is just me or it seems that they are dropping less than the other past halloween dragons?

I mean, the last 2 years the biomes were always full with eggs, but now this ones seem to be dropping less.

It is just me or it seems that they are dropping less than the other past halloween dragons?

I mean, the last 2 years the biomes were always full with eggs, but now this ones seem to be dropping less.

They do appear to be dropping less, but many prior events featured permanent drops and thus eggs were constantly replenished if I recall.

Not sure, I just caught 6 of them within 10 minutes time without much trouble. They seem to be dropping every 5 minutes. It was probably refreshing every minute when the event first began, so the fact that it's starting to slow down now doesn't surprise me.

Not sure, I just caught 6 of them within 10 minutes time without much trouble. They seem to be dropping every 5 minutes. It was probably refreshing every minute when the event first began, so the fact that it's starting to slow down now doesn't surprise me.

Yes, they are not difficult to catch, however they are indeed dropping much less than the other years. In previous years we could be hunting for codes easily(at least code collectors) without worries because there were always eggs in the biomes. I've found that more difficult this time.

Edited by Alexiel Dragoness

Yes, they are not difficult to catch, however they are indeed dropping much less than the other years. In previous years we could be hunting for codes easily(at least code collectors) without worries because there were always eggs in the biomes. I've found that more difficult this time.

That's true. I managed to catch two with neat codes that instantly made me think of good names, but the others were just random. :/

I had much better luck with codes for my Graves than this year.

I had much better luck with codes for my Graves than this year.

Graves, Cavern Lurkers and Shadow Walkers were quite easy to get and pick good codes, I remember, it was very fun. But this new ones are just a pain, can't get neat codes.

Edited by Alexiel Dragoness

Finally got one from each biome! And I don't really look at the codes but managed to snag a great holiday-appropriate one nonetheless. xd.png

I find they're definitely easier to get now than they were earlier in the day.

Just managed to get all 7 eggs! Wasn't really paying attention to what biomes they were from, but the only biomes where I didn't get them are Desert and Volcano.

Also, I just went on a murderspree but only got 1 Zombie hatchling out of it. Oh well.

I'm not gonna try for a zombie since I don't like the idea of killing my dragons just for the slim chance of getting one, but I did manage to get 2 of the new dragons so hopefully I'll be able to breed them next year.

Also, I just went on a murderspree but only got 1 Zombie hatchling out of it. Oh well.

Better than me I got just fails.

HELL YES! After 2 years of trying, I finally got my first zombie dragon!

Congratulations!!!

I have to admit I don't love the hatchlings this year either. Hopefully the adults will be so awesome that it won't matter, haha. I caught six of the new eggs and that's going to be it for me this year--I have a Marrow that won't hatch in time even with incubate, and I can't drop it--the lineage would be too hard to replicate. I'm also out of influences--oops! The little ones better cooperate so I can have even numbers or I'll have to swap one.

Love the hatchlings and I can't wait to see what the Adults will look like. And my very first year trying for Zombies and I got one Adult and 3 hatchlings (one gendered and 2 ungendered) biggrin.gif

Aw yeah. Successful Halloween was successful (despite a derp; owing to the epic kindness of a few people who saw my plight).

This year's acquisitions in chronological order, which also happens to sort them nicely into categories:

Frozen hatchlings:

This year completed my Halloween hatchling collection!

1 frozen male marrow hatchling

1 frozen female marrow hatchling

1 frozen female pumpkin hatchling

1 frozen male pumpkin hatchling

1 frozen ungendered marrow hatchling

1 frozen ungendered grave hatchling

1 frozen female grave hatchling

1 frozen male grave hatchling

1 frozen male shadow walker hatchling

Past Halloweens (self-bred):

Bred a bunch more to the AP; these are just my keeps. Managed to keep one of every lineage I wanted offspring of. @_@ Much happy. Wow.

3G evengen marrow checkered with golds

4G spiral marrow

4G evengen marrow checkered with red dorsals and alt sweetlings

3G evengen pumpkin with darkmyst pygmies

5G spiral marrow with hellfires

4G spiral marrow with blusangs

4G spiral marrow with silvers

4G spiral marrow with silvers

4G spiral marrow with spotted greenwings

4G spiral marrow with (alternating) dorsals

4G spiral marrow with spotted greenwings // though I'm cheating by putting it here, I bred it after I caught my first two new Halloweens as the last critter on my scroll left to breed.

Past Halloweens (gifted to me because I derped and forgot I needed these for next Valentine):

2G shadow walker with an Arsani mother; thank you, Sethiss!

2G shadow walker with an Arsani mother; thank you, Ruby Eyes!

2G cavern lurker with an Arsani mother (and described parents); thank you, herk!

Zombies:

Complementing 2 female adult zombies, 2 female hatchling zombies and 3 male hatchling zombies from last year and definitely completing my collection.

6 ungendered zombie hatchlings: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

2 female zombie hatchlings: 1, 2

1 male zombie hatchling: 1

4 male adult zombies: 1, 2, 3, 4

New Halloweens:

1 forest, all-lowercase code

1 volcano, all-lowercase code

1 alpine, all-lowercase code

1 desert, all-lowercase code

*gives a happy and still-excited squee and applies a grouphug to everyone awesome (which is basically the whole forum @_@)*

----

I'm really curious how the adults of these dragons look. I found the leaked name in the depths of this thread (and, honestly, I'm glad I did, I love spoilers), but I have no idea how the adults will be. They look fairly insectine to me, which is exciting, and zomg, birdzgoboom is in the credits! I love the Nhiostrifes, Glaucus Drakes and Radiant Angels, and if this dragon is only half as awesome as any of those, I'll be blown away. Really excited for the adults!

Congrats, PieMaster, for becoming an in-cave spriter! biggrin.gif Time to pop out the champagne!

Edited by pinkgothic