TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

Just did 159 Magi - EG breedings.

Hidden behind that are a couple of Prize-, Trio-, and Avatar-lines biggrin.gif

For those TL;DR: I think the discussion of organized/themed Breeding Events needs its own thread vs piggy backing on this thread because it really is it's own distinct issue and it mixes too many barely related discussion and muddies what is a very productive and fun thing for many people.

I did a longer posting in the Holiday-Kin Breeding Event Thread, more directed to Socks, although also to people who like Breeding Events of some ideas and my prior project similarly related to this. I thought I'd post a brief description of this previous project.

I had created an old Thread that basically encouraged lovely breeding to APs with themed "events" and/or ongoing smaller ideas to encourage people to breed nice lines (with the few exceptions of breeds that are always useful, such as Reds, Pinks, Elemental Trios - You may not like messy lines [i know I'm not a huge fan], but when it comes to these types of dragons, getting any of those eggs is often really appreciated no matter the lineage) and continued to rotate the themes from Jan 2016-April 2016 before closing off that thread to expand and create a new thread with a larger focus, including that as a small part of it.

Here is a link to the old thread: Old Breeding Event & Support Thread

If people want to look at it who may be interested in this sort of coming together of people who "like" this sort of thing (any variation), that might be something fun to do and re-create a new thread on its own. I would of course post and link to any of these sorts of events under the Player Activity Thread.

One of the reasons I think it is important to create a separate thread for "Breeding Events" vs just sticking it under the "Mass Breed General" thread is this thread talks about various mass breeds (often personal), people who do and don't like them, arguments about this, and this really is at great conflict with those who want to organize productive fun and generally very lovely bred lineaged beautiful lines and are not generally in conflict with the people who don't like mass breeds. In fact, I don't really consider it a mass breed rather than a Themed Breeding Event. It just is totally different. A few people may not view it as such, but mixing the discussions is just a waste of everyone's efforts. And those who want to create and support this particular aspect of "Organized Breeding Events" need their own space away from the rest of the distracting discussions and people should be able to discuss their feelings about mass breeding while not having to conflict with people trying to organize events.

You don't have to reclaim that thread. You can start your own. I think it would be a great idea for some players and/or mod(s) to feel free to take it in their hands if they want.

Some of the themes I did involved BSAs, Themes related to that Month's various larger and lesser known holidays, themes such as colors, elements, friendship/love, pretty lineaged lines, reminders for people to remember to dust off some of their "forgotten" dragons that hadn't been bred in awhile due to other busy times, etc. This was mostly done as something to do in between the down stretches of the holidays, and a lot of people seemed to enjoy it.

So know that it has existed, as well as may other separate organized Breeding Events you can find on the forums.

So take a look at the various threads that exist, support those who are doing them, enjoy your upcoming holidays and prep for them... but if you are looking for something in between the down times of holiday chaos and prep ... I wish I had kept examples of the ones I updated for each month but that will give you an example of things you can do on your own or with others.

I'm not looking for your opinions or feedback, I'm just letting you know what has existed in the past and letting you know it might be better to move that particular topic to it's own thread for better everything for all parties involved.

So if I knew how to put pictures from my phone up here, I would show you a magi wall

Most of us saw the Magi wall. Magi eggs are one of those BSA's that people need, but due to its quick cool down, don't need as much as they do things like pink and red. Herk was responsible for that wall, however, all of Herk's awesome Magi breedings are always EG PB awesome Magi. And any dragons in Herk's magi lines always (at least 95% or more) have fun names and fun dragon descriptions. So these are always great magi eggs to grab any time you see them. Most of Herk's dragons have descriptions, but the Magi ones are especially special. Normally Herk Magis don't sit there that long, but again.. big huge new release.

Normally those walls don't sit quite that long, but there was a huge release and everyone was mostly scrambling for that. Now, there is currently an almost wall of grey/storm eggs. If people can free up some space, someone is going to have a lot of dragons to add for the Holly Contest. Although I know people are still trying to grab some of the new release dragons still as well.

Until people have started to get their "fill" of the new dragons, or until the rotation is back to normal, there are going to be possibilities of the AP not always moving as fast as it should (and possibilities of walls forming) for at least another day or two. Maybe a lil longer. The plus side is there will be lots of lower timed eggs for people to stuff themselves full of hatchlings and freezings and vampire/zombie fodder and all sorts of goodies. So this big release has had lots of additional side benefits as well.

Edited by natayah

Well, they do multiclutch, so.... (I auto-dropped about 9 yesterday when breeding for a lineage !)

There's absolutely loads of Dark Luminas (Luminae?) in the AP right now, and they seem to all be nice lineages, too.

Those Dark Luminas are driving me batty.... I'm locked for the next 7 hrs with stuff I can't drop, but I really want 1 last Dark Lumina to freeze.....

Cheers!

C4.

They should be around for a while. It's all down to the Dark Lumina Breeding thread - people are trying to work out how it all works, and someone (forget who) with 400 Luminas or something bred them ALL to add to the database...

They should be around for a while. It's all down to the Dark Lumina Breeding thread - people are trying to work out how it all works, and someone (forget who) with 400 Luminas or something bred them ALL to add to the database...

Sorry about that. How long did the wall last?

Anyone figure out an actual answer to why there are massive walls randomly in AP? Just curious. Think there's a thread coordinating it?

Anyone figure out an actual answer to why there are massive walls randomly in AP? Just curious. Think there's a thread coordinating it?

Depends on what wall you're talking about. Sometimes it's an organized thing (usually publicly but sometimes groups of friends privately organize mass breedings) and sometimes it's one user breeding their hoard/army.

I don't know; I went to bed smile.gif But perhaps not all at once next time?? wink.gif

Not that long, actually. About an hour, hour and half, I think? Since they're still a relatively new release, a lot of people are still grabbing them.

Splits for the world showing up now! Not quite a wall, but I tried! They are all nice ones, too. I don't breed junk. wink.gif

I'll bet the dozen or so Stripes that I bred right after them didn't stick around long enough to notice.

Edited by purplehaze

So... about the PB Tidals that will appear on the AP tomorrow...

Raise them, bite them, neglect them, zombify them - I just thought the AP needed more eggs. wink.gif

Raise them, bite them, neglect them, zombify them - I just thought the AP needed more eggs. wink.gif

Ooooh, I think I might try for a few Ampithere zombies. wink.gif

We need more mass breeding right now. They're always kind of annoying when they appear, but one thing they do do is drive down the time in the AP. We need more eggs! Hunting the AP isn't very fun when all the eggs are above 6 days...

We need more mass breeding right now. They're always kind of annoying when they appear, but one thing they do do is drive down the time in the AP. We need more eggs! Hunting the AP isn't very fun when all the eggs are above 6 days...

Agreed. I was disappointed at how quickly the times went up after the Halloweens disappeared. I was looking forward to a lengthy time of incu-hatchable dragons, but though there was a short time of them, they were all taken quickly.

Raise them, bite them, neglect them, zombify them - I just thought the AP needed more eggs.  wink.gif

I bred them again today. Plus my PB Terrae, Water Walker, Deep Sea and Dorsal lineages.

I don't know how much it will do for the AP time, but I'm trying! ^^