TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

Soon™

I'm considering breeding my crimson flares tomorrow for Valentine's day, so hopefully in a few days, there will be a flare wall to see. xd.png

Most will be 2nd gens purebreds, but will likely be low time by the time we see them.

Edit:

By 6:09pm cave time, I bred 77 mostly pb flare pairs, with most of them breeding true.

Still have quite a few to go. May or may not breed them. tongue.gif

Edited by xdlugia

Soon™

I'm considering breeding my crimson flares tomorrow for Valentine's day, so hopefully in a few days, there will be a flare wall to see. xd.png

Most will be 2nd gens purebreds, but will likely be low time by the time we see them.

I didn't even think about doing some breeding of normal dragons on V-Day so that when people are scrambling for their last minute old V-Day dragons they might also have some other dragons to scramble and (hopefully) incuhatch. I do notice that during the holidays some dragons tend to be less "interested" in breeding (probably to help offset not having so many eggs die behind the wall), but I think that would be something fun to try. I'll experiment with it and then if it works, it might be something fun to do as a post holiday wrap up in the future!

Personally, I figured, if there is a wall, might as well be a low time wall. It wouldn't last too long and I get to breed a lot of my one dragon. We'll see how this turns out. ^-^ *readies bunker to escape pitchforks and torches*

In other news, still debating to breed my other half of flares. xd.png

Ok, Guys, the AP has been sitting at over 6 days for more than a couple of days now. The Holidays are over. Who feels like breaking out some dragons you haven't bred in awhile and dusting them off and breeding them?

How about breeding some BSAs and Hybrids?

How about breeding those sought after Olives?

How about picking up some eggs and biting them to create vampires for people to enjoy?

How about picking up some eggs from the Caves/Biomes before you go to sleep or away for a period of time and dropping some CBs into the AP when they are no longer on cool down?

How about breeding some checkers, purebreds and other nice lineages?

How about testing out or breeding some of your new holiday lines?

If you don't have a mate yet for something, seek a gifting thread to get a mate and breed it?

How about breeding some of the dragons that have alt variations (blacks, vines, undines, nebula, etc) and let people enjoy playing the "alt lottery"?

How about breeding some of your favorite dragons to the AP?

We had a lot of people who were active for the Holidays who are still lingering about, how about making sure to breed some of the newer dragons from 2016/2017 so people can make sure they are able to add them to their scrolls?

How about grabbing some eggs, holding them, hatching them and finding nice homes for them and/or releasing them and/or posting them on the forums?

And if you breed something nice or find something nice in the AP and you think others might really like it but don't want to keep it yourself, why not consider posting it as a teleport on some of the gifting threads (like Community Departures) to see if someone grabs it? If not, you can always toss it back to the AP?

And how about checking out several of the threads in both the Site Discussions, Forum Games, and occasionally in Trading that allow you to post/register for collecting all sorts of dragons to earn and win "rewards"? A lot of these events/groups/threads even overlap on the dragons they let you collect so you can grab one and register it in more than one place?

The Holidays are Over, the AP time could use some lowering, and a lot of Player Events & Groups & Games are starting back or having started back up! Time to get back involved and start having a great time and start looking at new fun things. And if you don't have a gold trophy, a lot of these places are GREAT ways to make your building of your dragons & scroll & collections so much easier and more fun. You can always check out the Player Activity Thread (click banner in my sig) for a list of resources. Also stop by and say hello with a post!

Again, not looking to flood the AP with junk, just hoping people when they do their breeding will do some rotations of stuff as to not just necessarily flood it with one breed, and if we get enough people, it won't be a problem and if everything hits, we will have lots of fun. Or if we do get a wall, it won't be too long, and then people can bust out the Vampires and help make some lovely vampire eggs to help move it along even faster!

Just some food for thought!

I think I'll add some Pinks, Reds and Blacks, and perchance Dark Greens to the mix. Haven't sorted out my holiday things yet ...

There is currently a wall of Gray/Storm eggs. And I only have two available slots. Gosh darnit.

I'm gonna continue some off and on breeding. Still over 6 days, so certainly encouraging people to breed. However, anytime there is a wall ... it is always great to time to grab some vampires and go chew some things up with some biting!

I don't like massbreeds, some people like them. Fine.

But if you're going to do massbreeds why choose the most boring/common dragons with the most dreadful lineages? Right now there's a flood of mostly messy Purple Dorsals.

Edited by Pourlemoment

"Boring" is in the eye of the beholder, I would guess.

Personally, I usually drop purebreds, even-gens and holidaykins/prizekins ...

"Boring" is in the eye of the beholder, I would guess.

Personally, I usually drop purebreds, even-gens and holidaykins/prizekins ...

Even though I don't like them (walls), I can see the interest in that and I'm sure that these would make many players happy.

But I'm not sure who would be happy with a flood of mostly messy Purple Dorsals. Whoever they are, they have to be a tiny minority I would guess.

Even though I don't like them (walls), I can see the interest in that and I'm sure that these would make many players happy.

But I'm not sure who would be happy with a flood of mostly messy Purple Dorsals. Whoever they are, they have to be a tiny minority I would guess.

Of the 30 eggs I just checked I found:

8 PB 2nd gens

4 PB 3rd gen stair/spiral starters

2 EG 'PB' 3rd gens (mixed colours in the CB gen but would make a perfect pair)

16 I would consider 'messy' to a certain degree but even among those some are still PB or shortlined.

I personally find PBs a bit boring most of the time but that's MY taste at the moment not the fault of the dragons.

I love walls because you can comb through them to find something exactly catering to your tastes if you don't hate the breed to an irrational degree wink.gif

Personally, walls of just one egg type annoy me to no end, esp when the same player felt the need to breed pages of storms(ap was full of storms from last night til almost this morning for me) as well as the dorsals.

How one person feels it's their right to spoil the game for the rest of us is beyond me...I feel it's very very selfish of them to have done this...at times like this, I wish we had unlimited kill slots and freezes.

eta-I wouldn't mind as much if they were worthwhile eggs-like bsa, or even olives for those who are collecting them...

Edited by pixiezbite

I detest the walls SO much. It makes it so boring and impossible to get anything interesting from the AP when you have a handful of slots open. Like others have said, it feels very selfish and kind of ruins the game until the wall is gone. It makes me really mad, honestly. If you're going to breed a whole lot of dragons, PLEASE make it a variety of dragons. Or at least dragons people love, like Wyrms or BSAs or prize dragons. Or maybe a dragon that we don't often see on the AP. Absolutely ANYTHING except for these common eggs that are always on the AP - like dorsals, storms, flamingos, purple ridgewings. NO ONE wants them! And if they did, they can get them anytime with ease!

It makes it so boring and impossible to get anything interesting from the AP when you have a handful of slots open.

I incuhatched a few things on my scroll just so I could have enough space for some more Dorsal pretties. I don't even like Dorsals that much, but I found some nice things in the wall. I got a couple all-purple 2Gs and a 3G that will hopefully breed nicely and make a 4G, but I'm most excited to breed these two together - that ought to make an interesting lineage.

Anyway, going by the names and dates on the parents, it seems like these were Dorsals originally collected for the Holly Contest back in 2014, and that would explain the earlier Storms, too. What else is the owner supposed to do with them? Admittedly I would find it more annoying if it happened every week, but a one-off like this is more of a novelty.

Oh, and because it always comes up during mass-breeding debates, I'd just like to note that making a wall from something like prizes would be very difficult because they're rare so they don't often breed true and they get picked up quickly. It would also impact the ratios, so they'd become even rarer, which nobody wants.

Well, at least the wall did cut down the egg time in the AP. I am a firm believer in that if a wall isn't moving, time to bring out the Vampires perhaps and make some fun eggs for yourself and others.

Also, it might be an even better time that, if you don't like what the current AP has to offer, perhaps breeding some nicer stuff (which lowers the time even more) and gives people something *nice* to find that they will enjoy, then try that! I always break up my breeding so that there is never a flood of one type of dragon, although, I'm not sure I have any number of any particular dragon that I could create a flood of one breed anyway...

And there are always Zombies and "other" things to try.

ETA: and in the meantime, this may not be your cup of tea but there are a TON Of fun Threads/Groups/Games running & restarting up on the Forum Threads to win dragons, play games, and other fun things that might be worth checking out. Lots of them are under Forum Games, Site Discussions & Trading Thread. Good time for Gifting stuff too, and finally, the Mods are gangbusters on trying to get the Dragon Descrip Reviews down to ZERO so NO backlog. if you feel like taking a few minutes and reviewing a few dragon descrips, it really helps them out a lot. And you could be part of the team that defeats the evil Backlog and clear out another "wall" while helping this one pass in the AP too. That wall of descriptions means dragons are sitting unable to tell their stories for others to enjoy & people's creativity is being "captured". We should all work to set them free if you feel like pitching in just a tiny bit.

Edited by natayah

Well, at least the wall did cut down the egg time in the AP.

It definitely did! Sending more eggs to the AP than people can (or want to) pick up is the only way to bring that time down, so while I would prefer walls of more "planned" lineages, I appreciate that effect of the Storm/Dorsal walls.

(I mean a wall of one million 2nd gen Prize eggs would also bring the AP time down, but we have to work within more realistic parameters...)

Also, it might be an even better time that, if you don't like what the current AP has to offer, perhaps breeding some nicer stuff (which lowers the time even more) and gives people something *nice* to find that they will enjoy, then try that!

That's what I did after I decided the AP wasn't interesting for me.

After all, constantly refreshing the AP, grabbing eggs, checking lineages, and tossing most of them back (even when it's not a one-breed wall) uses a lot of time. Now I used that time to go through my own scroll instead, to find nice dragons to breed that were not on my "breed for AP" list yet. smile.gif

Also, it might be an even better time that, if you don't like what the current AP has to offer, perhaps breeding some nicer stuff (which lowers the time even more) and gives people something *nice* to find that they will enjoy, then try that! I always break up my breeding so that there is never a flood of one type of dragon, although, I'm not sure I have any number of any particular dragon that I could create a flood of one breed anyway...

ETA: and in the meantime, this may not be your cup of tea but there are a TON Of fun Threads/Groups/Games running & restarting up on the Forum Threads to win dragons, play games, and other fun things that might be worth checking out. Lots of them are under Forum Games, Site Discussions & Trading Thread. Good time for Gifting stuff too, and finally, the Mods are gangbusters on trying to get the Dragon Descrip Reviews down to ZERO so NO backlog. if you feel like taking a few minutes and reviewing a few dragon descrips, it really helps them out a lot. And you could be part of the team that defeats the evil Backlog and clear out another "wall" while helping this one pass in the AP too. That wall of descriptions means dragons are sitting unable to tell their stories for others to enjoy & people's creativity is being "captured". We should all work to set them free if you feel like pitching in just a tiny bit.

As an adult, who works, I have limited time to play, and tend to spend most of my game time in the ap, and sometimes hunt the biomes..this is why it upsets me so much. I also don't spend tons of time in the forums.

I have been known to send very pretty low gen prizes and my spriter's alt lineages to the ap tho. wink.gif

As an adult, who works, I have limited time to play, and tend to spend most of my game time in the ap, and sometimes hunt the biomes..this is why it upsets me so much. I also don't spend tons of time in the forums.

This.

I don't see any reason they had to breed all these dragons at the same time. It could have at least been spaced out a bit. But this has killed the AP pretty much all day, which is frustrating to say the least.

Also, I decided to let the wall be incentive to breed some pretty things to send to the AP. Hopefully on the other side of the wall there will be some interesting, low-time stuff.

I do like the idea of taking them to zombify.....

I got two awesome PB Storms out of that wall, and I'm now sorry that I missed the Dorsal wall, since I need about 15 more of those for scroll-goals. You may not like them, but other people do. You have to remember that there are plenty of people who play that don't care about lineages, so "messy" is your opinion only.

Frankly I think it's pretty selfish that people think they have the right to dictate what someone can and can't breed. If I want to breed all 1k of my Royal Blues, as a player I have the right to do that. I won't, because I don't want people to kill them, but I have that right.

I got two awesome PB Storms out of that wall, and I'm now sorry that I missed the Dorsal wall, since I need about 15 more of those for scroll-goals. You may not like them, but other people do. You have to remember that there are plenty of people who play that don't care about lineages, so "messy" is your opinion only.

Frankly I think it's pretty selfish that people think they have the right to dictate what someone can and can't breed. If I want to breed all 1k of my Royal Blues, as a player I have the right to do that. I won't, because I don't want people to kill them, but I have that right.

By the same reasoning, it's also selfish to impose your choices on others.

You like walls and you say that I don't have the right to tell you not to make one. Fair enough. But turn around is fair play: I don't like walls, what gives you the right to impose one on me?

This isn't about right or wrong, it's simply about people expressing their likes and dislikes.

Just an FYI there totally wont be 400+ luminas bred at some point in the next few days (likely tomorrow night).

Oh dang ... I hope I have some room to try for some from Monarch *before* you start that ...

edit: dang, again only 4 Monarchs ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

If its a wall of commons and its not moving I start making vampires and dumping them in the AP until my slots are all full, sorry but not everyone is entertained by walls of the same breed....I tend to choose messy inbreds to do that but if there are none then I just pick any.

A bunch of walls all backed up to one another is also really frustrating to encounter. There's still dorsals untaken from yesterday's wall and it looks like today everything is mints. As someone else said, I'm an adult with a day job and get limited time to hang around the AP waiting for something that isn't one of the hellishly common wall-breeds to come up. Another day my egg-slots likely go unfilled.