TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

I had 4 new eggs and a red. I earthquaked them. The red died, one new egg stayed an egg, and the other 3 hatched green. They were from both Mountains (1) and Forest (2). I didn't get any yellows.

Well, when TJ's hatched they were all green and only turned yellow when they gendered.

Uh.... not true. The four on the left hatched green. The four on the right hatched yellow.

....because I don't know my left from my right....

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Uh.... not true. The four on the left hatched green. The four on the right hatched yellow.

Yep. That's it what I remember. Four of each color.

I concur. I saved the page at the time !

To those that are using earthquake to hatch, did you incubate first?

And I also recall the babies hatching half yellow and half green.

Edited by Jazeki

I DID use both Influence and Incubate yesterday immediately after snagging them. Put them in fan sites this morning.

Just started to try and catch these eggs.

Also if egg releases become random, I don't know what I'll do. The only reason I get on the Forums anymore is on the first of the months because I know that's when releases are. I'm not active on the Forums like I used to be. I don't think the idea of always having the releases on the first Sunday is stale.

I think it's incredibly efficient and ensures that people get releases. Make them random and people like me, who don't check in to DC every day, will have no idea what's going on. If you want random releases, fine. Throw in a random release during the course of the month AFTER the initial first-Sunday-release.

At least then I'd get one of two which is fine with me.

Oh and thanks for the release, TJ.

Welp, most were unaffected and I killed two. Sigh. Now to wait until tomorrow to catch some more.

Edited by Jazeki

I DID use both Influence and Incubate yesterday immediately after snagging them. Put them in fan sites this morning.

I did the same. I & I yesterday, but they were being view-bombed, so I fogged them until later last night. Added them to EATW this morning.

Man, I guess I was REALLY lucky to not lose any of my new eggs! I won't do that for a while again. That was the first time I'd ever tried EQ.

Welp, most were unaffected and I killed two. Sigh. Now to wait until tomorrow to catch some more.

That would be my luck, which is why I never use earthquake!

I am also sure that the S1 hatchies were 4 yellow and 4 green.

Man, I guess I was REALLY lucky to not lose any of my new eggs! I won't do that for a while again. That was the first time I'd ever tried EQ.

I had used earthquake only once before. I didn't like the result that time, so I stopped. But I figured, what the heck? I'm sorry I killed my CB red, but that isn't much of a price to pay. They would have hatched in less than a day anyway. Not sure I would try that regularly.

Intriguing - either the golden ones are breed-only or they're reallllllly uncommon. rolleyes.gif (Or it it could be the time of day, I suppose...)

If time of day caught matters, then I guess it's a good thing I had space only for 2 eggs last night. Since they will also hatch at different times as a result maybe there will be some alts? :hopeful:

I thought for sure that the colors would be tied to the biome. But we've disproven that. With all the hatchies green, it just adds to the mystery. And I like that. smile.gif

I still see four green and four yellow... Am I missing something?

Someone noted that they thought the yellows turned yellow when they gendered. But it's not unusual for TJ to have CB alts growing. If that's what the yellows are.

Well, I caught mine at different times, from both biomes. If the time of day does indeed matter, this is going to be interesting. smile.gif But I also would have expected the colours to be tied to the biomes...

Dorsals and ridgewings aren't tied by biomes, so it doesn't really surprise me that these aren't either. xP I know two colors; two biomes would have worked out nicely, but it's not the first time the same biome gives different colors. =o

~

You guys are really making me want to do EQ! But I didn't put mine in fansites early and I feel like more views might be better luck. o.o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I incubated mine and usually I am patient and wait 2 days until they hatch, but today I was a little impatient.

And all of them are blue - because I probably all caught them from Forest.

Someone noted that they thought the yellows turned yellow when they gendered. But it's not unusual for TJ to have CB alts growing. If that's what the yellows are.

They were yellow when they first hatched.

Personally, I am suspecting time of day, either hatched or laid.

Edited by Nectaris

Was really tempted to see hatchies as soon as possible so i used earthquake and all i got was 1 killed egg from mountain biome.