TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

My theory is that green adults come from forest and yellow ones from alpine, but i might be wrong.

Let's hope. Another possibility would be that one of them is an Alt.

ETA:

I'm saying this just because, for example, the Two-Headed Lindwurms have different colors in different biomes but the eggs are differently colored as well. Instead, the Nebulae have the same egg.

Edited by _Sin_

Question (for art in the discussion thread) - were all of TJ's eggs the same greenish color?

Yes, they were all the same. Seems like it is just one breed, but with two different colors and dimorphism for both colors.

I actually think I recognize these hatchlings from the completed requests... And if they are what I think they are: Yay! Glad that I was able to egglock myself with these.

Still not sure what to think about the new release "schedule". I had a discussion with a friend about this yesterday, and he had some very good arguments for doing random releases... or at least something to explain TJs decision. If those were the true reasons - I have no idea.

I'll just wait and see what happens...

For now I'll assume this is a dragon with breed-only alts, because the only other dragons, that I can think of, which behave this way are Vines and Blacks: same egg sprite, but different s1 hatchies.

...but in case I'm wrong I caught from both the Forest and the Alpine biggrin.gif

Edited by natli

Awww i got only greens but no yellows or other 6 eggs.

There is no yellow eggs, only one kind of egg for all the different adults we will get.

There is no yellow eggs, only one kind of egg for all the different adults we will get.

But it says 8 eggs, one breed.

Almost missed the release! tongue.gif

Hatchlings are so gorgeous especially the yellow one, I loved them.

Thanks!

It might refer to adults, as all TJ`s eggs were the same as far as i could see it.

Firstly, I love the new hatchlings - they look wonderful and the colours are lovely too. Kudos to the spriters.

Secondly, I confess that, given how many other eggs were already mixing in at 7:00 a.m. UK time with the new release eggs, I fear these may turn into another Copper. It took me well over a year to complete my scroll goal with Coppers - and I don't have a high goal.

Thirdly, I'm unhappy by TJ's announcement that this is the end of the scheduled drops. I was playing this game back in the days when there was only the cave (no biomes) and drops were random and I found it so much harder and more stressful and far less fun .

Knowing when the drop was going to happen meant being able to plan breeding and hunting, etc. Personally, I think returning to random drops is a step backwards.

However, it's what TJ wants and thus it will happen - just as these things always do. That isn't a criticism, just how it is. After all, it is TJ's site, his game, his rules. He can do what he wants to do and that's how it should be, after all we don't pay anything to play the game.

I would like to second a couple of comments whereby people have asked if we could have notice of the new release. I think that would be a great idea - that means the drops aren't regular so TJ isn't bored, ditto those people who like random drops don't get bored by the 'first Saturday of every month'. However, those of us who like schedules or at least to have an idea when we might get a new egg would be happy too.

It wouldn't have to be a long notice period, maybe only a couple of days, but it would be a nice compromise, maybe.

Another thing which would be lovely is if the new eggs could drop for a period of 24 hours without any other eggs mixing in with them. Again, that would make it easier for people who can't be around for the very first few eggs due to working or school/university or family commitments or sleeping, etc. etc.

Little Art Girl is a fantastic artist, so it's nice that we finally get to see some of her work released.

She's also done a lot for the site Nyoka, like these awesome sprites:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Basically what I'm saying is that these dragons are going to be great.

Almost missed this one (I thought the release would be later). Gonna start hunting now.

Edit: got mine, I'm happy.

Edited by alupe99a

This month marks the end of consistent beginning-of-the-month releases. While knowing when to look is nice, it also seems to have become a bit stale. Future releases will (very likely) still be on weekends, but may be scattered throughout the month.

YAY! <3

For now I'll assume this is a dragon with breed-only alts, because the only other dragons, that I can think of, which behave this way are Vines and Blacks: same egg sprite, but different s1 hatchies.

...but in case I'm wrong I caught from both the Forest and the Alpine biggrin.gif

This is certainly a possibility; I'm just wondering if there's any specific reason you're working under this assumption? =o

/curiosity killed the cat ;3

And there were eight eggs and they are only one breed. (Stripes have many different eggs, but they're all the same breed.) =o

If drops will be less structured now, can we at LEAST be given some warning before they happen? So it's not "wake up, log on, find out you missed a release 2 days ago because you had no idea it was coming"?

Because that would massively suck.

Second, It annoys me deeply when there are more eggs than slots you could possibly fill. It just... Beyond bothers me. At least it's not likely to be 8 different adults... But I still can't have an even number of eggs from each biome unless I take one less egg than total possible eggs, and that drives me beyond nuts. Dx I don't like releases like this...

Second, It annoys me deeply when there are more eggs than slots you could possibly fill. It just... Beyond bothers me. At least it's not likely to be 8 different adults... But I still can't have an even number of eggs from each biome unless I take one less egg than total possible eggs, and that drives me beyond nuts. Dx I don't like releases like this...

We don`t know if those green yellow hatchies are based on biome as some of us think, or might be they are breed only alts like Blacks and Vines, we will have to wait and see till our own start to hatch to be sure about it.

Misclicked a brute in the last 5 minutes drop mad.gif

I bit it with one of my vampires hoping it'd repulse, now I have to wait 5 hours before I can abandon it. At least it didn't kill the egg, blocking the egg slot for 24 hours smile.gif

Seeing how many eggs of other breeds are already mixing in, I can't help but think this might be a rare-ish dragon...

I would like to second a couple of comments whereby people have asked if we could have notice of the new release. I think that would be a great idea - that means the drops aren't regular so TJ isn't bored, ditto those people who like random drops don't get bored by the 'first Saturday of every month'. However, those of us who like schedules or at least to have an idea when we might get a new egg would be happy too.

It wouldn't have to be a long notice period, maybe only a couple of days, but it would be a nice compromise, maybe.

Thanks to you I got an idea xd.png TJs eggs usually hatch ~ a day after the release. Wouldn't it be nice if he posts his eggs when they are at 7 days to announce a release that is two or three days later? We would be able to see the eggs already, having a couple of days time to unlock our scroll, while everybody is saying: "Ah, damn, I want those pretty new eggs so bad!" And just like now, a day before TJs eggs hatch, there is the release for all players.

I don't know if that would be possible, as TJs eggs say they were stolen August 2, so... But it should be possible to make some eggs for TJ before the real release?

Haven't thought much about the cons of this idea, it was just a spontanous thought...

We don`t know if those green yellow hatchies are based on biome as some of us think, or might be they are breed only alts like Blacks and Vines, we will have to wait and see till our own start to hatch to be sure about it.

Doesn't matter to me if they come from the eggs or not--not being able to have an even number from each biome caught on the day of the release unless I sacrifice one of my egg slots for a non-release egg bothers me considerably. S'pose that might be the OCD, or something.

It seems to me that forest eggs are harder to find -- is it just me, or did anybody else notice any difference between the alpine and forest drops?

Thanks to you I got an idea xd.png TJs eggs usually hatch ~ a day after the release. Wouldn't it be nice if he posts his eggs when they are at 7 days to announce a release that is two or three days later? We would be able to see the eggs already, having a couple of days time to unlock our scroll, while everybody is saying: "Ah, damn, I want those pretty new eggs so bad!" And just like now, a day before TJs eggs hatch, there is the release for all players.

I don't know if that would be possible, as TJs eggs say they were stolen August 2, so... But it should be possible to make some eggs for TJ before the real release?

Haven't thought much about the cons of this idea, it was just a spontanous thought...

That would be an interesting and fun way of doing it - and I imagine would make the interest level even higher for some.

As for if it's possible. I believe that anything is possible when it comes to TJs eggs. After all his hatch in hours, he has CB alts, his hatchlings/eggs don't die and if they do he can revive them and can change an adult back to a hatchling for freezing. So yes, if he desired to do it, he could.

Hey, for those of you concerned about missing future news posts since releases will no longer be at a set time every month, I just figured out how you can sign up to be notified about new posts. At the bottom of the news forum/category, there's this:

Click what's circled here.

They will then email you every time there's a new post made.

There's also a way to turn it on for all PMs you receive.

This, inside "Email Settings"

Edited by lluvia

That is an AWESOME idea!

It seems to me that forest eggs are harder to find -- is it just me, or did anybody else notice any difference between the alpine and forest drops?

I, too, see a difference, but I find the forrest eggs much easier to catch.