TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

It's slightly more than that, I think.

How long new releases drop solidly is controlled by how long dragons on our scroll count toward the ratios. With the release that included electrics and such the dragons on our scrolls were counted back for years. It meant that new dragons had huge numbers to make up before they began to balance the others. Then TJ changed it so they lasted a short time (6 months? I'm not sure on the exact length) and the new releases mixed with older eggs almost immediately. Then he adjusted things again so that older dragons counted for a year. So far as we know that's how long they are counted now.

When people ask for drops to always last for a solid X days, what they're really asking for is for TJ to change how long dragons on our scrolls count toward the ratios. I'm not sure how sensitive that number is, if small changes would have large impacts. But we certainly don't want wild swings. He settled on a number and for the most part it seems to work well. I'm not sure a lot of fiddling with it would be a good idea.

TJ09 has said in the past that he doesn't like the idea of just adding new eggs to every scroll.

But for people who have problems catching dragons, there are places like The Giving Tree to get the breeds one doesn't have, some even gift CB eggs. There are other ways even for people who don't have a lot of time for DC to get the new eggs.

Oh yeah, I know. I don't think TJ would ever do that. My point was just that I haven't seen any good suggestions and the debate about this has been going on about as long as I've been playing DC, which is about four years now. tongue.gif (longer if you don't subtract my hiatus)

It's nice to see that the release schedule won't be so predictable any more. I can't wait for the day where releases might not happen EVERY month to give folks some time to hang around the new breeds instead of immediately abandoning them for the newer ones so quickly sad.gif

I performed an Earthquake and hatched two out of three. Gonna Incubate the other and grab more of these lovely beauties!

Thank you TJ! The new dragons are nice.

(Also, in my opinion, it probably actually WAS more fun when you couldn't predict when new dragons appeared.)

(although I didn't get any yet, but I don't mind waiting)

Edited by MessengerDragon

These dragons are lovely! Once I see the adults, I might consider hoarding them... I don't mind the shift back to random releases, I usually forget about scheduled ones anyway (I forgot about this one, but managed to nab six eggs anyway). I even got an egg with a cool code: Oh my! xd.png

Completely forgot to check for release yesterday, and only now, at 3 AM, did I manage to get three. (forgot to make sure I had room for new eggs too.)

Still, these are among the most beautiful eggs yet! I love them! So shiny and green... It's dreamy, man... wink.gif

The next day...

I love the adults, especially the yellow. However, if the greens are the only caveborn ones we can get I wouldn't mind too much- it would be good for my lineage project. Of course I can use yellows just as well.

My eggs need several more hours before I can even think about them hatching. Sigh.

Edited by Cygnis

Thanks TJ!

Yay managed to get 3 forest!! the Alpine ones are still hidding from me :/ looking very pretty so far.....cant wait to see adults!

Yea random release will be cool! smile.gif

As much as I love new breeds, I have not had chance to do my lineage projects as much as so many new releases xd.png so random and not quite as often would be awesome!

On that note, this year has been so busy IRL I am so behind on naming my dragons unsure.gif *scurry's off to make a start....*

laugh.gif

are any of ours actually going to hatch yellow? looked at the two on the person that earthquaked theirs and one was from each biome and they were both green.

Edited by spring_dragon

I'm not sure. It's either rare or it's a breedable alt. I'm personally thinking it's an alt of some sort.

Edited by Tehya Faye

ah, so no more first week release?

did not see the hatching part but hatchlings are cute

and oddly 2 colors

how did a green egg have yellow hatchling........hmm

I wish TJ made his hatchlings grow up faster, I want to see the adults! xd.png

The hatchlings look very promising, they have a lot of detail. The green colour looks very cool and we did need more yellow...

8 more hours until my first eggs hatch. Come on, hurry uuuup! laugh.gif

I have S1 cracks on three eggies and 7 hours till possible hatching! Squee!

Maybe the yellows are more rare...

:C

According to all the users who have posted so far, all you get out of the eggs are greens. All the users said this. It should become more apparent eventually. I personally believe the yellow is a breedable alt.

Edited by slp0001

Ack, an egg hatched overnight and I decided to see if I can catch another from the forest... but then my hand twitched and I grabbed a Nocturne instead ;_;

Luckily Biting did not kill the egg and it got repulsed, so I got another chance at getting the new egg >_<

I really hope that the yellow isn't a breed-only alt, that it depends on when they hatch, are created, or one is more common than the other. Those yellow ones look like they will go well with a bunch of other breeds sad.gif

I have to keep reminding myself not to try out EQ...

Ack, an egg hatched overnight and I decided to see if I can catch another from the forest... but then my hand twitched and I grabbed a Nocturne instead ;_;

Luckily Biting did not kill the egg and it got repulsed, so I got another chance at getting the new egg >_<

I really hope that the yellow isn't a breed-only alt, that it depends on when they hatch, are created, or one is more common than the other. Those yellow ones look like they will go well with a bunch of other breeds sad.gif

I have to keep reminding myself not to try out EQ...

No kidding t that lasst bit.

I just remind myself that with the luck I have been having... ALL of my eggs would likely end up dead if I used EQ.

Oooh...both look absolutely AMAZING thus far,can't wait to see the adult forms.biggrin.gif As for the return to random new releases....I...actually like the possibility of a return to the proverbial "old way" cause it gives me even more of a reason to stalk the News section of the forum on a nightly basis. laugh.gif

Well if biomes do not matter, perhaps it is just the rarer of the two in both biomes? Usually with breed onlys I thought TJ has mentioned it before? (Could be wrong)

Thanks, TJ, Little Art Girl and Shiny Hazard Sign for these new wonderful dragons! And welcome, Little Art Girl, as new in-cave spriter smile.gif

I only remembered today we'd have a new release. I was pretty lucky and caught five in about an hour. Got two misclicks, (Royal Blue and Terrae). I'm going to send them to the AP if noone wants them once I can get rid of them smile.gif

I've got 4 of the new eggs from the forest and 1 from the Alpine. I hope to get two more from the alpines. I do wonder how the coloring will work. It will be fun to see how it turns out to work!

I'm not sure yet, about the change in drop dates. A random date with the same time, might become conflicting if it's on weekdays. But then again, I guess that will be the same for other times on weekend days. I guess there's no "best" time/date for a release.

I just hope the randomness also means we'll get more releases instead of only one release per month. I DO relealize this is not what TJ stated, but a girl can hope, right?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the adults and the experiments!