TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

It's nice to see that the release schedule won't be so predictable any more. I can't wait for the day where releases might not happen EVERY month to give folks some time to hang around the new breeds instead of immediately abandoning them for the newer ones so quickly sad.gif

I find it quite easy to get my fill of new releases in the first two weeks of the the month, even with a terribly slow computer/etc. After that, I go back to collecting what I want. It might go back and get extra new releases, or I might collect some extra of older new releases. Of course, with randomized releases coming back it won't be quite the same, but I could still get my fill in the two weeks after the release, leaving the rest of the time for collecting what I want.

I, personally, would be disappointed if it went back to the old release spacing, with 1-2, maybe 3, breeds every 3 months or so not counting holidays. I like having new releases every month. I like having new breeds to collect every month. Now, if a release was skipped every so often, I would have no problem with that, because that has happened before anyway. I'm interpreting the news post as saying, "Releases will still be monthly but randomly scattered throughout the month." (If I'm wrong, do feel free to correct me.) That, I would be okay with. Old release spacing? Not so much.

Of course, this is just my own opinion on it. So...

Also, so looking forward to seeing the adults. I want to see what they are!! (And I want to know why they have eight eggs...xd.png)

~Storm

eight eggs for the two color variants and dimorphism of both hatchies and adults.

Wish they'd hurry and grow up already! biggrin.gif

ETA: I wouldn't mind a multi-egg release - I was in the minority of actually enjoying the Birthday Drop of seven (ok, so maybe SEVEN was a bit much), but it sure kept things interesting. It's always a challenge to decide which of the two new eggs you're going to get three of and which you'll get four of.

Edited by oddsoxdi

Wish they'd hurry and grow up already! biggrin.gif

Me too. biggrin.gif

I have a feeling these are going to be really pretty as adults. That AND I am sort of curious a to how the color thing works out.

Me too. biggrin.gif

I have a feeling these are going to be really pretty as adults. That AND I am sort of curious a to how the color thing works out.

Oh, definitely on the color thing! I was kinda disappointed when I EQ'd my batch and they all turned out green. They're from different Biomes so I ASSUMED that would be the difference. NOT.

ETA: Am on tenterhooks waiting for the artists to give us more info on these little lovlies!

Edited by oddsoxdi

Someone spray those hatchies with growth hormone so they mature faster!

Whoa, new eggs aren't falling very much at all now. Bummer that it's over so quick.

Man it's going to be hard to get a second egg from the Alpine biome, I really want another one at least once I'm not egglocked sad.gif

I even got an egg with a cool code: Oh my! xd.png

I am jealous of your George Takei egg. laugh.gif

I really want to know how this coloring thing works. 5 from the forest, 1 from alpine atm. Can't wait to see the adults c:

I'm curious as to something I missed... were the eggs on TJ's scroll different colors or all the same green that everyone seems to be getting?

I'm curious as to something I missed... were the eggs on TJ's scroll different colors or all the same green that everyone seems to be getting?

They're all the same green. Only the hatchlings have shown different colors. smile.gif

Hmm...I'll have to hunt in the alpine to replace the two that died from EQ so that I can have an even amount of each kind.

And the eggs were all green.

Wow, managed to lock myself with four from the Coast and three from the Alpine, even though I stated catching yesterday, after mixing started, and I'm on my phone. No misclicks, too!

Must resist urge to publicly call breed by name. I've been waiting eight months for this release since I noticed they were gone from the list around Christmas time. So excited!

Are these still dropping? Missed this release since I was out of town this weekend.

EDIT: Nevermind just caught 1 from each biome!

Edited by Leidarendi

Are these still dropping? Missed this release since I was out of town this weekend.

They are permanent - so yes. How often - take your chances smile.gif

yes, but mixed in with others. The 5 min shuffle is probably your best bet.

I have been really busy lately so I didn't get to hang around and catch all the eggs I wanted... and I am going camping for a week so I won't get to catch all the eggs I want. Oh well. They are so pretty though!

I don't think having a predictable schedule can get stale at all... sad.gif I really preferred that. I am glad to have such advanced notice of the change, though. I am also glad to see that releases will still happen on the same day of the week.

Anyway, these new babies are pretty, I can't wait to see the adults. I hope I've gotten a fairly even mix of green and yellow ones.

Two green babies so far (hatched roughly around 1: 17-1:20 PM and both forest babies).

Oh, definitely on the color thing! I was kinda disappointed when I EQ'd my batch and they all turned out green. They're from different Biomes so I ASSUMED that would be the difference. NOT.

ETA: Am on tenterhooks waiting for the artists to give us more info on these little lovlies!

I am wondering whether the yellows are breed-only?

So it looks like biome doesn't determine color. Crud...I influenced based on that theory. Now to see if the yellow version is either breed only, or a rare drop: right now I'd prefer the former so my influences don't result in mismatched gendering xd.png.

So it looks like biome doesn't determine color.  Crud...I influenced based on that theory.  Now to see if the yellow version is either breed only, or a rare drop: right now I'd prefer the former so my influences don't result in mismatched gendering xd.png.

I did too, and only got green. Personally, I am still hoping for time influence and that as people who grabbed later's eggs hatch we will start seeing yellow. I personally would really rather not have them be bred-only.

Edited by Nectaris

First batch - 2 from Alpine, 2 from Forest - all hatched green.

And huntin in the Alpine resulted in a Nilio Pygmy, A Ridgewing (tan at last) and a blue-banded. What a terrible rate of missklicks in a row^^