TJ09

2014-08-02 - August Release

Also if egg releases become random, I don't know what I'll do. The only reason I get on the Forums anymore is on the first of the months because I know that's when releases are. I'm not active on the Forums like I used to be. I don't think the idea of always having the releases on the first Sunday is stale.

I think it's incredibly efficient and ensures that people get releases. Make them random and people like me, who don't check in to DC every day, will have no idea what's going on. If you want random releases, fine. Throw in a random release during the course of the month AFTER the initial first-Sunday-release.

This. I totally agree. I'm not as active on DC as I was. I don't always check my scroll or the forum every day. Normally I make sure to have less eggs on my scroll at the beginning of the month as well, so I can get the eggs. If releases are random, I won't know when to do that.

I wouldn't mind random releases, especially if they're still monthly, but I do like knowing when to empty my scroll.

Edited by StormNSnowflake

Was really tempted to see hatchies as soon as possible so i used earthquake and all i got was 1 killed egg from mountain biome.

Ditto. >_<

Kinda annoying that after one day they are suddenly gone, only have 2 alpine and 1 forest. Would be kinda cool to have a new rare though.

Anyway, the hatchlings are really cute, kinda mossy or algae in color (the green ones). If they have water powers you have to wonder why they were in the mountains and forest.

You guys using Earthquake are more brave than I. The one time I used it all of my eggs died and I decided never to use it again. ninja.gif

Was really tempted to see hatchies as soon as possible so i used earthquake and all i got was 1 killed egg from mountain biome.

Yeah, *this* is why I'm resisting using EQ (plus I have a non-release egg that I really don't want to kill by accident).

Allspice  Posted on Aug 3 2014, 05:21 PM

You guys using Earthquake are more brave than I. The one time I used it all of my eggs died and I decided never to use it again

Same here lol

I have 2 from each biome and would love to find out if the colors are biome attached or only breedable or what lol

Same here lol

I have 2 from each biome and would love to find out if the colors are biome attached or only breedable or what lol

I've seen green hatchies from both biomes, so it doesn't seem to be biome-linked.

Same here lol

Me too. I'll be sad if the yellow ones are breed only, they would make a pretty checker lineage.

Dorsals and ridgewings aren't tied by biomes, so it doesn't really surprise me that these aren't either. xP I know two colors; two biomes would have worked out nicely, but it's not the first time the same biome gives different colors. =o

~

You guys are really making me want to do EQ! But I didn't put mine in fansites early and I feel like more views might be better luck. o.o

EQ'd mine (first time) 5 hatched (all green/blue - from both alpine and forest) and two unaffected.

Edited by rubyshoes

If I could earthquake just one egg, I would have. But no way I'm using that on ALL my eggs...lol. ninja.gif

As far as luck is concerned, mine is terrible.

It was a pain to catch them in the first place from the biomes. So I'll better wait. dry.gif

Guessing from the fact that there aren't two different eggs, I'd say that they are not like Dorsals and Ridgewings. Unfortunately, unless they are a completely new concept that would make them like Blacks and Vines; one super-rare breedable-only alt form. Yay. I'm still trying to get an alt Black. xd.png

For anybody who's managed to get theirs to hatch with EQ...

Are they all one color? What time of day (DC time) did you pick them up and what color are they?

I'm thinking four colors, but the hatchling sprites are different(which they are)

Are they all one color?  What time of day (DC time) did you pick them up and what color are they?

All one color, caught between 1:00 and 1:25 EST/EDT PM and all green/blue.

Edited by rubyshoes

Are they all one color? What time of day (DC time) did you pick them up and what color are they?

My four that hatched are all green, they were grabbed yesterday, early afternoon (didn't check the clock), and they're from different Biomes.

This. I totally agree. I'm not as active on DC as I was. I don't always check my scroll or the forum every day. Normally I make sure to have less eggs on my scroll at the beginning of the month as well, so I can get the eggs. If releases are random, I won't know when to do that.

I wouldn't mind random releases, especially if they're still monthly, but I do like knowing when to empty my scroll.

Y'all realize you can subscribe to the News forum, right? Then the site will send you an email whenever a new thread is made in the news. That way, you won't miss anything as long as you regularly check your email. I did that as soon as I saw we were switching back to random releases. I, like many people, don't check the forums frequently, but I check my email multiple times a day. It might not be advanced notice, but at least with an email alert of a news post, I won't completely miss it.

Edit: After reading the replies, I'm now very irritated with TJ. If you're going change things up, at least give those of us that don't check the forums regularly SOMETHING in return.

Edited by Millie_Azure

Y'all realize you can subscribe to the News forum, right? Then the site will send you an email whenever a new thread is made in the news. That way, you won't miss anything as long as you regularly check your email.

It won't work for the New Release posts. TJ said he makes the post ahead of time in a hidden part of the forum, and moves it into the News section. So, the post is not a new post, and a new post is what triggers the Notification for subscribers.

Y'all realize you can subscribe to the News forum, right? Then the site will send you an email whenever a new thread is made in the news. That way, you won't miss anything as long as you regularly check your email.

TJ "makes" the New release announcement thread "early" and then posts it at the release time i.e. 1:00 PM so the forum doesn't see it as a "new" thread and doesn't send announcements. I'll see if I can find the post were he explained that.

edit - found it smile.gif

New release threads are made ahead of time and then moved into the thread, rather than being created there. This is required by the strange process I use to create them (which involves some manual editing of things).

Because the topic is moved there and not created there, subscriptions aren't triggered. I haven't thought of a good workaround for this in the past few years (not that I've given it a ton of thought, though).

Edited by rubyshoes

I am almost certain I've seen these babies in Dragon Requests and I'm super excited~~~

I am almost certain I've seen these babies in Dragon Requests and I'm super excited~~~

Yeah, I feel like I recognize the egg. I don't think it looks like any other egg except for a very shiny version of the Canopy egg. Can't really remember the dragon though and I might be thinking of something else.

Darn, missed it by a day and I don't know what he means by eight eggs...?

there are 2 colours and then a different male and female for each colour.

I don't know what I'll do. The only reason I get on the Forums anymore is on the first of the months because I know that's when releases are. I'm not active on the Forums like I used to be.

This could be a reason why the change is being made. So that the forums and cave are active more than one week a month... I know a lot of people who don't care about breeding, so they only log on once a week or so, and really only catch new releases. Spreading the releases out may make the site more active to people who have not been playing as much as they had in the past.

I remember this dragon and I am super excited biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Also, I am okay with random releases. Mildly annoying after getting used to a schedule but eh, it's just old school style! Can't have the game be too easy, after all.

There were eight eggs, all the beautiful blue/green color in his post originally, which have since hatched into two different colors of hatchlings. So, the 8 eggs seem to have been for two different dragon variations with a male and female adult and a male and female frozen hatchling for each.